• IP Copied!
  • How players treat staff members

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Because the staff team has made poor decisions, and I would like them to realize that.

That doesn't change the character issues.

Do you know that, or assume that? Promoting doesn't count as a punishment.

Again, do you know that, or assume that?

If a guy stole someone's car, then returned it with broken windows, the seats ripped up, and the hood dented a week later and said "sorry," how would you respond?

I'm fairly sure they tried to quiet this down, so it wouldn't be known there was a Jr mod griefer. Maybe if people actually knew that, they would view Wobbley's promotion a bit differently.

1. How many staff have you met?
    2. Did you know that 2/3rds of the server liked iHank? or that Culpeo_Fox was liked and respected by about 3 quarters of the Mine Wars community? Yet they were still demoted.

You don't know iHank's problems with Mackiee or the staff team, so it's not fair to call him out for ranting when you don't know what his problems are.

The only way to know for sure would be to demote him.

Were you paying any attention to what we were saying, or did you just assume "haters"?

Was there a reason for Wobbley's promotion and Hank's demotion? Yes. Was it a good reason? That's a separate question.
    Your logic is faulty and based solely on inferences. You know just as much about me as I do iHank. I'm done arguing with you. Now do us all a favor, and just leave the situation alone. I'm done explaining myself, there's no reason to argue with someone who can't be reasonable.

Good day.

-Cat

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    Your logic is faulty and based solely on inferences. You know just as much about me as I do iHank. I'm done arguing with you. Now do us all a favor, and just leave the situation alone. I'm done explaining myself, there's no reason to argue with someone who can't be reasonable.

Good day.

-Cat
    Good to know you know nothing about iHank.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Mr__Potatoes

Mythical
    PresAlexWhit
    PresAlexWhit PresAlexWhit
    I guess I would be on the boat of people who mistreat the staff members because of the stupid and idiotic things I've done. If I would have just took a second and thought about what I was doing, I might not be on that boat. I'm sorry if I targeted you, offended you, or just made you mad, but I try to do things differently and my body metaphorically takes over and my mind isn't used. And for that, I am sorry.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx

Good day.

-Cat

No one asked you to argue, Cat. They have a right to give their opinion. This thread is about player/staff relations, correct? I've seen you get involved and try to be a white knight for staff. I get you applied for helper, but its becoming obnoxious and tryhard. Nothing will be fixed if you just shush people.

On one side, I've def. seen players mistreat staff and be unnecessarily rude. That's true with any big server. But I have also noticed staff doing things to warrant a negative reaction (but not an immature one). So it is a situation where players have a hard time trusting, respecting, and even liking staff. I don't think it is ok for players to be disrespectful and hateful, but sometimes I kinda understand it given the way a staff acts and decisions that are made.

Wobbley can put a bandaid on the situation by saying sorry, but the fact is, the guy did a lot of damage to staff/player relations then literally hid for a week, only to come back with a promotion. I doubt Wobbley is truly a bad guy, and I'm sure he does do a lot for players. I think if staff had waited a little longer, less players would have been upset. What's done is done, I get that. But I think it is very important for staff to be introspective and think about the situation from a player's point of view. I also think players should not treat staff like no-life robots and be more reasonable.

Basically, I think both parties have a lot of work to do in order to get a better community. I'll be honest though, it starts with the staff. I hope they understand that players don't have a say in promotions and demotions, as they shouldn't, but those decisions can have a negative (and positive) effect on the server. Going forward, hopefully staff and players can fix all the drama. At the end of the day, we are all here to play a game and have fun. Players want to feel like the staff team is here for the players and has their best interests at heart. Staff want to be respected and appreciated for their hard work.

No one can go back in time and fix all the crap that happened before now, but hopefully people think before they make a decision or flame staff- it goes both ways.

Ps: No offense to staff who think Wobbley was punished enough, but 1 week of him hiding and coming back with a promotion is not punishment, regardless of what was done in private. That's like grounding a kid for one night and then taking them to Disney World the next day. Just doesn't seem logical at all. Whether you meant to or not, you rewarded him for making dumb decisions. And clearly having a "record" doesn't matter if you promoted him anyways lol

Last edited:

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    No one asked you to argue, Cat. They have a right to give their opinion. This thread is about player/staff relations, correct? I've seen you get involved and try to be a white knight for staff. I get you applied for helper, but its becoming obnoxious and tryhard. Nothing will be fixed if you just shush people.

On one side, I've def. seen players mistreat staff and be unnecessarily rude. That's true with any big server. But I have also noticed staff doing things to warrant a negative reaction (but not an immature one). So it is a situation where players have a hard time trusting, respecting, and even liking staff. I don't think it is ok for players to be disrespectful and hateful, but sometimes I kinda understand it given the way a staff acts and decisions that are made.

Wobbley can put a bandaid on the situation by saying sorry, but the fact is, the guy did a lot of damage to staff/player relations then literally hid for a week, only to come back with a promotion. I doubt Wobbley is truly a bad guy, and I'm sure he does do a lot for players. I think if staff had waited a little longer, less players would have been upset. What's done is done, I get that. But I think it is very important for staff to be introspective and think about the situation from a player's point of view. I also think players should not treat staff like no-life robots and be more reasonable.

Basically, I think both parties have a lot of work to do in order to get a better community. I'll be honest though, it starts with the staff. I hope they understand that players don't have a say in promotions and demotions, as they shouldn't, but those decisions can have a negative (and positive) effect on the server. Going forward, hopefully staff and players can fix all the drama. At the end of the day, we are all here to play a game and have fun. Players want to feel like the staff team is here for the players and has their best interests at heart. Staff want to be respected and appreciated for their hard work.

No one can go back in time and fix all the crap that happened before now, but hopefully people think before they make a decision or flame staff- it goes both ways.

Ps: No offense to staff who think Wobbley was punished enough, but 1 week of him hiding and coming back with a promotion is not punishment, regardless of what was done in private. That's like grounding a kid for one night and then taking them to Disney World the next day. Just doesn't seem logical at all. Whether you meant to or not, you rewarded him for making dumb decisions. And clearly having a "record" doesn't matter if you promoted him anyways lol
    I've finished my arguing and have already discussed this with the party at hand. Please leave me out of this now, as I no longer want to be a part of this. Please respect my wishes. I'm tired of y'all thinking this is all because I applied for Helper. I have avoided making a ****storm post about this, so I'd appreciate it if you would all stop calling me a "suck up" because I have a different opinion than you.

Good day.

-Cat

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    I've finished my arguing and have already discussed this with the party at hand. Please leave me out of this now, as I no longer want to be a part of this. Please respect my wishes. I'm tired of y'all thinking this is all because I applied for Helper. I have avoided making a ****storm post about this, so I'd appreciate it if you would all stop calling me a "suck up" because I have a different opinion than you.

Good day.

-Cat
    You dragged yourself into this. If you didn't want an argument then you shouldn't have commented here.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    You dragged yourself into this. If you didn't want an argument then you shouldn't have commented here.
    Not necessarily. I wasn't expecting to be harassed in numerous private messages and be called a "staffblowing suck up." I expected an argument, not a personal attack. So, au contraire.

-Cat

QueenMunchii

Mythical
    QueenMunchii
    QueenMunchii QueenMunchii
    Actually it's really horrible. people who dont like the staff are attacking the people who do. It's wrong. we all have our opinions. calling someone a "Staffblowing suckup" isn't right. some people like staff some don't. dont fight each other or call each other names just beause your contrary.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    Shiva's Death scene was in the season 8 Trailer btw.

oh yeah (spoiler)
    First, rip.

Second, if you are not gonna post anything relevant to this topic, don't comment at all. This is a rather serious thread, and posting TWD spoilers just makes everybody dumber.
    Not necessarily. I wasn't expecting to be harassed in numerous private messages and be called a "staffblowing suck up." I expected an argument, not a personal attack. So, au contraire.

-Cat
    If people are harassing you in PMs, that is ****ed up. You should report whoever is doing it. They would probably get forum-banned so you won't have to hear them again. Also, do you have proof? Saying this without proof to back it up means that it didn't happen, so if you have screenshots or something like that, give them to staff or post them or something.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    If people are harassing you in PMs, that is ****ed up. You should report whoever is doing it. They would probably get forum-banned so you won't have to hear them again. Also, do you have proof? Saying this without proof to back it up means that it didn't happen, so if you have screenshots or something like that, give them to staff or post them or something.
    The situation has been addressed, and staff has dealt with the perpetrator. As for not having screenshots (which I had tones of), doesn't mean it "didn't happen." It just makes it a bit harder to believe, that's all.

-Cat

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694
    First, rip.

Second, if you are not gonna post anything relevant to this topic, don't comment at all. This is a rather serious thread, and posting TWD spoilers just makes everybody dumber.

Oh my goodness Hobbes I had no idea the effects of spoilers.
    I'm so sorry I didn't realize it made you dumber but to cancel out the effects here is a bit of knowledge that will hopefully drain out that dumbness brought onto you by that spoiler.

Fun Fact Of The Day: Your body sheds 10 billion flakes of skin every day.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    Oh my goodness Hobbes I had no idea the effects of spoilers.
    I'm so sorry I didn't realize it made you dumber but to cancel out the effects here is a bit of knowledge that will hopefully drain out that dumbness brought onto you by that spoiler.

Fun Fact Of The Day: Your body sheds 10 billion flakes of skin every day.
    Thank you. I needed that.

Steelilayer

Lateralization ,
    U are totally right , players treat staff like they work for them , but u do it for free ( i think xD )
    players should treat staff just like their should be , like a guardian or an adult.
    and I hope this attitude will change soon.

Solstrii
    Solstrii Solstrii
    For the love of... Must I say this more. This whole Staff/User discussion is destroying our community. I love HavocMC. And the fact that- like what Jordan said, we're practically in a stance of war right now. do you know how that feels, to be stuck in the middle of everything and not knowing what to do? We are practically killing ourselves because of this. I don't believe that in the situation we're in, no side can defeat the other. We're stuck in a civil war (Not that dramatic, but you get what I mean.) and it never ends. We all need to suck it up that some of us were wrong, and some of us went to far. You have to stop before we lose more people. I mean, think about it. This may (This is only a guess so if I am wrong, don't start a rant.) be the staff's main source of income. Like what squirrel said, They make thousands of dollars every year. But, if I am not mistaken, you missed one crucial piece. If I am correct, (And once again, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just point something out and don't start another argument.) (probably) a large sum of the money that is produced goes to the high ranked staff. (High as in Owners, Co-Owners, etc etc.) They need some way to get an income, what better place than here? If I'm wrong, point it out, and don't cause another mini war to pop up. Agree that some of you were wrong, some of you went to far, shake hands, and be done with it, okay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.