• IP Copied!
  • Mining Dead Attachments

TrashSoup

Mythical
    TheRoyalTamarin
    TheRoyalTamarin TheRoyalTamarin
    I have been wandering in the Mining Dead world for a while now, and I just so realized there are ONLY 2 gun attachments.
    So, I had some ideas for attachments:
    1) Shell Replacement - LMG attachment to lower weight ( so just increase walk speed while holding )
    2) Light Suppressor - A cheap suppressor attachable on pistols to silence the sound of shooting ( makes lighter sounds than usual )
    3) R2 Suppressor - A heavy suppressor attachable on snipers and the AK-47, heavily lowering sound output, while slightly decreasing damage.
    4) Underknife - An attachment allowing your gun to do slight melee damage. ( deals 4 damage per hit )
    5) Heavy Shell - A assault rifle attachment giving a higher damage output, while decreasing speed whilst holding the weapon.
    6) Light Grip - A grip attachable on a gun to decrease gun spray.
    7) Splitter - A Sniper attachment shooting 2-3 bullets at once, each with decent accuracy, but dealing 2/3 damage per bullet.
    8) Birdshot - A shotgun attachment shooting 2-2.5 times as many bullets as normal, while decreasing range of the weapon.

Welp, thats all the imagination I got for today!
    Hope you might take in one idea?

lssluvlego

lssluvlego
    lssluvlego lssluvlego
    I have been wandering in the Mining Dead world for a while now, and I just so realized there are ONLY 2 gun attachments.
    1) Shell Replacement - LMG attachment to lower weight ( so just increase walk speed while holding )
    2) Light Suppressor - A cheap suppressor attachable on pistols to silence the sound of shooting ( makes lighter sounds than usual )
    3) R2 Suppressor - A heavy suppressor attachable on snipers and the AK-47, heavily lowering sound output, while slightly decreasing damage.
    4) Underknife - An attachment allowing your gun to do slight melee damage. ( deals 4 damage per hit )
    5) Heavy Shell - A assault rifle attachment giving a higher damage output, while decreasing speed whilst holding the weapon.
    7) Splitter - A Sniper attachment shooting 2-3 bullets at once, each with decent accuracy, but dealing 2/3 damage per bullet.
    8) Birdshot - A shotgun attachment shooting 2-2.5 times as many bullets as normal, while decreasing range of the weapon.

Sounds like an interesting idea (sorry for the late reply) maybe they should also add different shotgun shells: birdshot lots of pellets lower damage per pellet, buckshot medium amount of pellets same damage as shotguns are currently, and slugs one high damage round.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007

Instead of bird shots... how about multiple barrel replacements that are a one time use to change the pellet range?

Bulleteater

Bulleteater
    Bulleteater Bulleteater
    an “underknife” is usually called a bayonet and although i think suppressors are a good idea the range for hearing shots is really low anyways

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    an “underknife” is usually called a bayonet and although i think suppressors are a good idea the range for hearing shots is really low anyways
    It really isn't... I can hear a harder around 75 blocks away from the initial shot.

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante

Although all of these are good ideas, the amount of painful effort that would go into making these models, due to combinations, and skins, would cause HEAVY lag on the player, and not to mention a painstakingly long time for the modeller to make them. But, with that being said, I guess it would be interesting to have more attachments and a deeper modding system for TMD, although, I think that some of these would only apply to some things, as you may know. Number one, would be Suppressors, developers would also need to implement higher gun sounds, and make walkers more attracted to them, in order to effectively use a suppressor, I think that there should be weapon-specific suppressors that would all have the same inventory texture, for reasons regarding convenience for modelling, or caliber specific, such as 556x45, being the M4 Carbine, .762 NATO, and just the normal .762 for like AKs, Dragnovs, the SCAR, and the M60, .9mm for the MP5, which could be remodelled to be the MP5SD, or simply have a threaded suppressor, or the Uzi, which could also use the 9mm suppressor. Also, only specific firearms would be able to mount a bayonet, as it would be completely illogical for a gun like the Barrett 50 cal to have a knife, I think that any AR platform, such as the M16A4, or M4 carbine should be able to have it mounted. A few of the ideas could be implemented, such as "Heavy Shell, Birdshot, Shell Replacement, and Splitter" But some just wouldn't make sense, such as Heavy Shell, as certain guns take certain ammo, but, if that were to be added, perhaps it would be a different cartridge but with a lower velocity, but higher damage. I think that birdshot would be kinda OP if it didn't decrease bullet damage, as birdshot is meant to shoot down birds, and would fire smaller pellets, meaning it would have lower damage, but higher range and more spread. Just my ideas though.

Bulleteater

Bulleteater
    Bulleteater Bulleteater
    Although all of these are good ideas, the amount of painful effort that would go into making these models, due to combinations, and skins, would cause HEAVY lag on the player, and not to mention a painstakingly long time for the modeller to make them. But, with that being said, I guess it would be interesting to have more attachments and a deeper modding system for TMD, although, I think that some of these would only apply to some things, as you may know. Number one, would be Suppressors, developers would also need to implement higher gun sounds, and make walkers more attracted to them, in order to effectively use a suppressor, I think that there should be weapon-specific suppressors that would all have the same inventory texture, for reasons regarding convenience for modelling, or caliber specific, such as 556x45, being the M4 Carbine, .762 NATO, and just the normal .762 for like AKs, Dragnovs, the SCAR, and the M60, .9mm for the MP5, which could be remodelled to be the MP5SD, or simply have a threaded suppressor, or the Uzi, which could also use the 9mm suppressor. Also, only specific firearms would be able to mount a bayonet, as it would be completely illogical for a gun like the Barrett 50 cal to have a knife, I think that any AR platform, such as the M16A4, or M4 carbine should be able to have it mounted. A few of the ideas could be implemented, such as "Heavy Shell, Birdshot, Shell Replacement, and Splitter" But some just wouldn't make sense, such as Heavy Shell, as certain guns take certain ammo, but, if that were to be added, perhaps it would be a different cartridge but with a lower velocity, but higher damage. I think that birdshot would be kinda OP if it didn't decrease bullet damage, as birdshot is meant to shoot down birds, and would fire smaller pellets, meaning it would have lower damage, but higher range and more spread. Just my ideas though.
    >higher range and more spread

Did you mean more pellets and more spread? That’s how birdshot works.

TrashSoup

Mythical
    TheRoyalTamarin
    TheRoyalTamarin TheRoyalTamarin
    Normally, birdshot penetrates easily, supposidly dealing more dmg, but in this case thats too op, so instead, I think it should be short range, more spread, more bullets, and slightly less dmg. Also and louder noise.

lssluvlego

lssluvlego
    lssluvlego lssluvlego
    I guess it would make juggs even more annoying. But they should buff all the other shotgun ranges. I wonder why you can’t put a red dot sight on an smg...

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    The problem with attachments is both adding them to the pack and adding them to the plugin. As dope as all these ideas are, its hard to do in a timely matter.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Suppressor should not lower damage. Irl suppressor either keeps bullet speed (damage) the same or increases it slightly. Also red dot on smg would be nice, but since we can't aim down sights it kinda defeats the point of red dot