• IP Copied!
  • New ideas for walkers

Do you think walkers are dangerous enough?

• Total voters

YaBoiFig

Hello everyone! As you may know on the mining dead, it is all about survival, both from walkers and players. Now, I don't know if it's just me, but I have noticed that unless there is a massive horde of walkers, walkers don't really play a big role in the game. They are very weak, and now with the new update, you can headshot them with any melee weapon or gun, which instantly kills them. Powerful players with jugg armor and weapons like the gatling gun or flamethrower can easily take down walkers without ever having to worry about being harmed from them. I feel like this needs to change. Some new ideas I came up with would help make walkers more powerful, and make them an actual threat to everyone, not just new players without good loot.

-Make walkers have more strength when they hit you. I know this is obvious, but if you lost more health when a walker attacks you, players would be more wary of walkers.

-Make armed walkers spawn more frequently. As you may have seen before, a walker can spawn with military armor at times, and may even be holding a gun of some sort. I think that these walkers should spawn more often, especially in areas like Hartsfield, Foxworth Military Base, and other places like police stations. The armor should range from leather armor to military or even riot gear. This armor would give them more hitpoints, and, if wearing a helmet, should make them unable to be killed via headshot. Walkers should have a chance to drop whatever they have on or whatever they are holding.

-Make the infection process more dangerous. When a walker infects you, it is easy to just take some antibiotics and heal yourself. This is one of the main reasons why walkers aren't dangerous to players like immortals or people with unlimited money, since they can just buy tons of antibiotics, and they will never have to worry about getting infected. If the infection only had, say, a 50/50 chance of being cured each time you used an antibiotic, it would mean that players would either need to buy more or stay away from walkers.

-Make the amputation process more deadly. The time span from when you are bitten to when the infection spreads past the point of amputation is way too long. You should only have 10 seconds to amputate. Also, the amputation process should have a chance of poisoning you if you use a weaker weapon.

These are just a few ideas that could be added to make walkers more deadly to all players. One thing that could be nerfed about walkers, though, is their probability of infecting you when they bite you. Sometimes I will be playing, and I will die immediately just because a random walker bumped into me and infected me on the first try. It can be very annoying.

Anyway, if you think that some of these ideas should be used, comment below! :D

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Id just like to point out that none of these would help if you were on something high like a car

Snek87

Famous
    Snek87
    Snek87 Snek87
    I do believe that if you are equipped with riot gear then you are safe from infection (then again I could be wrong). I believe that you should get infected regarding what ever armor you wear.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    It used to be if you had amputated you were safe from the infection. (Well atleast I believe so.) besides neck bites.

Neugs

I agree, as a non pvp player, on the non pvp servers well walkers are nubs xD Basically when you get antibiotics your basically set, walkers are weak and slow and if you have nobody to fight well what do you do? I think walkers should swarm, and have speed vary, Atlanta should be way more deadly, as show in episode ONE of the walking dead, Rick turns a corner and boom a massive heard! than another corner, and boom! Another hord, thus he is stuck and has to hide in a tank, and gets saved, also, having a team needs to have benfits, because I have tried pvp servers and people just kill eachother, this is nothing like the walking dead, if it was, woodbury wood be ruined! See what I did there? Ok never mind I will leaf you alone... Bada pshhhh... Like I was saying walkers need to be more deadly, especially on non pvp servers.

Faded_Panda

Faded_Panda
    Faded_Panda Faded_Panda
    I sort of see where your coming from and I absolutely agree to some degree and you have great suggestions. But there are also strong points against this as in the TV Show which i presume this is based off of, the living are the real threat and I think this server may possibly be trying to emphasize this, and they're doing a dam good job of it :p.

Honestly the only time walkers have been dangerous in the past season is when they're grouped up in large numbers and now that I think about it I think this should be added. Think of it as Zombie Hordes, I don't know how the server would handle it and if it will make it lag but I definitely believe this should be considered and tested as it would be awesome seeing a huge horde of zombie grouped over a town full of loot which will encourage survivors to team together and possibly even betray each other creating more of the role playing feel.
    Don't get me wrong you have awesome ideas but i figured i might just add to it :)

Neugs

I sort of see where your coming from and I absolutely agree to some degree and you have great suggestions. But there are also strong points against this as in the TV Show which i presume this is based off of, the living are the real threat and I think this server may possibly be trying to emphasize this, and they're doing a dam good job of it :p.

Honestly the only time walkers have been dangerous in the past season is when they're grouped up in large numbers and now that I think about it I think this should be added. Think of it as Zombie Hordes, I don't know how the server would handle it and if it will make it lag but I definitely believe this should be considered and tested as it would be awesome seeing a huge horde of zombie grouped over a town full of loot which will encourage survivors to team together and possibly even betray each other creating more of the role playing feel.
    Don't get me wrong you have awesome ideas but i figured i might just add to it :)

#TheWalkingAlive

Styxx_

Champion
    Styxx_
    Styxx_ Styxx_
    The armed walkers aren't supposed to be there, but judging by what jesus said in "A New Beggining" walkers have been known to use tools before and maybe that could be a thing. A walker with a knife or a screwdriver at most could be interesting. What I really want is a variant of the server that revolves around the comics or game, but that's a whole new thing.

Styxx_

Champion
    Styxx_
    Styxx_ Styxx_
    btw we tried making zombie's group together and make herds on their own without a player gathering them but all we got were a bunch of zombie conga lines

Tactical_Fox48
    Tactical_Fox48 Tactical_Fox48
    The armed walkers aren't supposed to be there, but judging by what jesus said in "A New Beggining" walkers have been known to use tools before and maybe that could be a thing. A walker with a knife or a screwdriver at most could be interesting. What I really want is a variant of the server that revolves around the comics or game, but that's a whole new thing.
    I noticed that there's a quest system in Mine Wars (or at least I think there is) and thought it would be awesome if they would do something like that in the TMD servers, instead of just having the main characters from the TV show being vendors. I would think of it as pretty similar to how the quests in Dead Island or Dying Light work, where the harder the mission, the better the rewards. It would bring a lot of players together in completing quests, as well as making the server much more involved, rather than just kill, loot, repeat. Players would also have much more of an interaction with the characters from the show, as the NPCs would have some-what of their own personalities expressed through dialogue.

Styxx_

Champion
    Styxx_
    Styxx_ Styxx_
    I noticed that there's a quest system in Mine Wars (or at least I think there is) and thought it would be awesome if they would do something like that in the TMD servers, instead of just having the main characters from the TV show being vendors. I would think of it as pretty similar to how the quests in Dead Island or Dying Light work, where the harder the mission, the better the rewards. It would bring a lot of players together in completing quests, as well as making the server much more involved, rather than just kill, loot, repeat. Players would also have much more of an interaction with the characters from the show, as the NPCs would have some-what of their own personalities expressed through dialogue.

That's an amazing idea, and they have all these characters they aren't using so this would help fill that gap. If each character was holed up in a different place so you have to travel between the locations that would be awesome. Maybe have jesus, gregory, etc at hilltop, rick's group in different houses in alex and the saviors in their place, wherever that'll be. They have all this space that isn't used for anything and I think that would bring the spark we need to keep players on tmd. I realize that isn't a problem at the moment but like you said, kill loot repeat gets boring fast. In order to give tmd a shelf life we need more than a few bugfixes a month.

verenity_

Titan
    0hRatio
    0hRatio 0hRatio
    Having a horde of zombies will put a lot of load on the server. Many servers have limits on a number of spawning in a certain area.

I do agree with your points. The success rate of antibiotics need to be in play. Also the longer you wait to amputate the higher the chance you cannot be cured.

Good points.

TreySoWavvyy

I agree., all my fellow PvE players know that riot gear is cheap these days if you know how to get it,

and means everyone here know that if you are in full riot gear, its almost impossible to be bitten by

zombies, even if you get mobbed by them. In PvE

servers, zombies are the least of our worries, we fear scammers, glitches and bugs, parts of the

map where u can die unintentionally *cough

CDC *cough* and our biggest enemy for some of us... LAG. In PvP servers, obviously the biggest

threat is players, but in PvE its small things that

don't have the word "zombies" in them ^_^. I agree the PvE servers need better zombies, that way

players are in a constant threat from being

bitten, like how PvP players are in a constant threat of being killed.!

img__Winner_Number_1.jpg