Votes: 51 39.2%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

BenGermann

Mythical
    BenGermann
    BenGermann BenGermann
    Hello everyone. Please read this thread carefully before replying and/or polling.

Over the course of TMD’s run the PVP system has remained largely unchanged over the years, with a couple changes/attempted changes here an there. For a long while we have felt like the current PVP system, which is based essentially on how fast you can spam painkillers, is unfair to new players, is stale and boring, and can be exploited far too easily. Lately, it seems like a lot of players have been sharing the same or at least similar opinion as us, which is why I’m now making this thread.

We are proposing to overhaul the current PVP system so it’s more fun, so that battles are more intense, so that new players can have a fair chance, and so that in general the system can’t be exploited like the current one.

Current PVP System:
    -Gun damages are quite high to offset the painkiller spamming aspect.
    -A cap of 12 painkillers can be used per second.
    -The combat boils down to how fast you can right click and if you’re at least half decent at aiming.
    -Heavily favours experienced players and does not give new players a fair chance.

Updated PVP System:
    -Gun damages would be reduced in the absence of painkiller spamming (would be heavily tested to ensure it’s fair).
    -Painkillers would (most likely) have a one per second usage limit, or something similiar. Painkiller spamming would not be the focus of PVP.
    -Would provide an equal chance for both old and new players to enjoy and succeed in combat.
    -Wars and just general PVP could be a lot more tense and interesting then what it is now.

We have wanted to have a more fair and realistic PVP system/experience for a long time, but until recently it had seemed nobody wanted that change. Seeing as that many players are now disliking the current system we believed that it would be a good time to make this thread as a suggestions to see what the community would like to see happen.

Please note that I covered only the basics of the potential new PVP system. These can be changed or edited and are not set in stone.

Thank you for reading this. Please remember to vote on the poll.

Strikefire150

Mythical
    Strikefire150
    Strikefire150 Strikefire150
    Perfect. This is just what we need. (I clearly don't say that for everyone.)

Sorry for the old players that like the old system (that includes me), but the old system is becoming stale, and a better working PVP system will make PVP a bit more fresh, and this will allow new players to enjoy PVP.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    Why are you not giving us the option to make the pains better? The 12 cps cap currently makes me lag even at 9 cps. Like dudes make it back to normal don't make it worse. You are legit just saying that we can vote to keep the pains bad or even worse. Combos can kill any cps. Make them back to normal.

D4RKTARGET

Perfect. This is just what we need. (I clearly don't say that for everyone.)

Sorry for the old players that like the old system (that includes me), but the old system is becoming stale, and a better working PVP system will make PVP a bit more fresh, and this will allow new players to enjoy PVP.

Here is the thing buddy, if we win the vote poll for keeping the old system, We might not even get a new pvp system at all is what you want, but to old players we want to keep the old system, because we have been so used to it that if there was another update to the PVP I'm pretty sure all of the old players including me would quit, I know Declan quit already not because the server is dead, it's because of the way they have changed the server, the server manipulates as they change gun damage and pain regen

D4RKTARGET

Why are you not giving us the option to make the pains better? The 12 cps cap currently makes me lag even at 9 cps. Like dudes make it back to normal don't make it worse. You are legit just saying that we can vote to keep the pains bad or even worse. Combos can kill any cps. Make them back to normal.

I have no clue how the 12 cps cap lags you at 9 cps, since to anyone it doesn't lag them, but you are right on the first subject, we should be given the right to make pains better, as least give our opinions on the pains, like how much should they regen, how long should they regenerate how health until the time is depleted, but of course we never get to vote anymore for what WE want, Staffs only put two polls on what they want or don't want, and us players have though decisions trying to figure out what to vote for, because either one could manipulate the server, and cause it to die even faster!

D4RKTARGET

Pains are already trash. This is exactly why the servers dying. Every month you have a new update that fricks it up even more. Just go back to the old system.

Well let's just hope that the pains go back to the way everyone wants them to be, of course if the pains become worse, that manipulates the server and causes it to die faster .-.

BenGermann

Mythical
    BenGermann
    BenGermann BenGermann
    Please look at this situation like this:

The current system does not offer a chance to new players and it getting stale. Therefore they do not stick around and the server gains next to no new players. The player count will continue to drop.

You can preach that we're "killing the server" all you want, but just look at this issue from this point of view for a second.

We are not trying to cater to certain players over others, in fact if you enjoy H1Z1, PUBG, and those types of combat then you would enjoy the proposed change to combat.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    Honestly stop freakin making the server worse. Just add a god damn anti cheat that bans kids that get above 15 cps. Then you don't have to ruin it for players that are legit.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji

The current system does not offer a chance to new players and it getting stale. Therefore they do not stick around and the server gains next to no new players. The player count will continue to drop.

You can preach that we're "killing the server" all you want, but just look at this issue from this point of view for a second.

We are not trying to cater to certain players over others, in fact if you enjoy H1Z1, PUBG, and those types of combat then you would enjoy the proposed change to combat.
    Then add another server for these new kids like TMD and OPTMD. That was sooo balanced

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx

Players aren't leaving bc its stale. Ppl are leaving because everything is always BROKEN. And things keep being changed! (Usually for the worse)

Reasons why most ppl left in the past:
    "New map update and complete change to the whole server- oh yeah we are going to wipe out your inventories too"
    "Another new map and 100000 bugs and everything is broken"

I think staff care and are trying, but changing things constantly frustrates the people who actually do play and haven't left yet.

We just want to play a stable server that WORKS!

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    One server with current pvp mechanics, all the rest new system? Best of both worlds.
    DUDE THE OLD PLAYERS PAID FOR THE SERVER CAUSE THEY LOVE THE FEEL OF THE SERVER! The server went stale not because of new kids, it is because there are constant bugs on the server like Spases doing 3 hearts or 9 hearts. Pains being capped everyday. Just add 2 servers don't screw the feeling that we og players paid for.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    Don't need to combine things, this will just push away your donators. Just listen to a guy who is teamed with new and old players. Just listen to the community in general. This is why the server went stale also. No one listens and the server doesn't update small things they try to update with these big plans without talking to the community. Whenever you guys break something like spas doing 9 hearts. You take 3 months to fix it but now it only does 3 hearts which is useless. It should change depending on the distance of where you shoot. The server won't be stale if you just listen to us.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    Add a anticheat that bans kids that get above 15 so you don't constantly have to ruin the experience for the legit players like capping it all the time. Because they more you cap things it just keeps the autoclickers on the server and makes the legit players leave. Don't worry about cps too because combos can drop anybody.

Status
    Not open for further replies.