• IP Copied!
  • The Future of TMDPVP/TMDC

Agree?

• Total voters

Chris_XP

ALSO BRING BACK SLOW PAIN BUYING, NONE OF THIS FULL INVENTORY OF PAINS IN 10 SECONDS BS, I REMEMBER WHEN FULLS USED TO TAKE 9 STACKS OF PAINS 20+
    Okay this I disagree with. Buying pains with the cooldown was so annoying. And I don't think people gearing up too fast has been an issue

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    So, to start this off, I want to clear up a few things.

Most of you will know me as the person who made over 150 The Mining Dead videos on YouTube and the guy who always fought to make the server better.
    As the community of people who built up your server and allowed you create this platform for players to roam, we are told that we are toxic on the daily basis and thrown in the trash away from the rest of the servers population.
    Unfortunately, the players of TMDC have no choice to be toxic as you have been treating us like garbage. For example, Valp today said that staff as a collective are simply waiting for TMDC to die out and don't insist on doing anything for TMDC. (!!!!, not a nice way to treat your player base!)

This forum post is not me being toxic, but to try reach out to you - one last time.

We understand that you believe TMDPVP is the future of HavocMC, and if you want to pursue that, you're more than welcome. I believe personally it is way too late to merge the servers because unfortunately they've been split up for too long that there is too much of a gap between knowledge of each server.

However, my idea is this -
    Make TMDPVP, TMD-REALISM. Most the people who play this server play for the more slow based PVP action and a more realistic environment to survive in, however new-comers when joining would be tricked into believing it revolves around PVP, which really isn't the case.
    This would mean any PVP players would leave the server as they would think that is all Havoc has to offer them PVP wise.

Make TMDC, TMDPVP. This would simply make more sense as we all know TMDC is for more fast paced action and a more competitive and strategic game mode.
    You could also include things on this server such as Infinite Money for all, more PVP related kits and increased loot rate, especially for vehicles/legendary items.
    Also, add zombies back lol.

Also, for the new comers, you could add the new map into it so that the builds are up to date and look fresh, however for the time being I would recommend down sizing the map just because for fast based PVP there is not enough players to fill the whole map.

I know in your vision you only see TMDPVP working out, but in the short term and long run you will notice the server will have more players as you will be catering to both sides of the party.

Taking my suggestion into account would also make it easier to advertise as you'd be able to show off many different elements HavocMC has to offer and at least one of them would be enjoyable to the viewer, also basic maths proves you'd have more players then you originally planned.

Another few suggestions I have -
    Please care about us! Although we like PVP, we aren't all toxic and horrible! We don't want hackers on our server, we don't want ban evaders but we also want new comers to be able to join. I'd recommend promoting more TMDC staff members.

Remove the Level 10 join! All we need is active staff, a good anticheat and a good anti-vpn. That is enough to stop ban evaders.

Add a painkiller cap, 15cps.

Maybe get a developer to look into the gun switching cooldowns as some combos are very overpowered right now.

On behalf of the remaining og's, thanks for you're time c:
    I'm not sure I agree with the TMD Realism thing. Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? I read it like this:
    So TMDPVP becomes realism? Is there any pvp involved? Don't get me wrong, realism is my thing.
    TMDPVP = TMD-Realism. PvE or PvP? I enjoy the current TMDPVP, please don't remove it.
    I'm just confused, don't take it as questioning your motives. This was a good idea.

Also.. how the hell does this already have 26+ replies in under a day than mine did in 2 days?? Lol

xdeclanlee

I'm not sure I agree with the TMD Realism thing. Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? I read it like this:
    So TMDPVP becomes realism? Is there any pvp involved? Don't get me wrong, realism is my thing.
    TMDPVP = TMD-Realism. PvE or PvP? I enjoy the current TMDPVP, please don't remove it.
    I'm just confused, don't take it as questioning your motives. This was a good idea.

Also.. how the hell does this already have 26+ replies in under a day than mine did in 2 days?? Lol
    Of course I can elaborate. TMD PVP wouldn’t change at all, it’s just a name change to suit the server more.

BenlikesSharks

Mythical
    BenlikesSharks
    BenlikesSharks BenlikesSharks
    Totally agree with what Declan says. Personally I think they should not try and get rid of TMDC because if I recall they based their server off of that sort of PVP style way back in the 1.7+ days of Minecraft. I was there I seen it all and sure there has been a couple of changes here and there but it still maintained that good TMDC feel to it. You all should keep TMDC alive and well because that's how Havoc started this server. I was there when it was barley even popular, no one knew about it until the 1.8 update and let me tell you it boomed. I like the whole TMDPVP realism thing as well I think that's a good idea for all players because even I someone who has always played TMDC gets tired of it once a while so it's nice to take a break and just go on TMDPVP. Havoc please do not get rid of TMDC, it is the true essence of what HavocMC is and will always be no matter what. I love TMDC for what it is, we all do. I also agree with the whole get a better anti vpn, and a stronger anticheat!

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe
    I don't think renaming the TMD servers is very important to their success. At this point, combining all the tmd-related server into one server would be an option worth pursuing.

I think everyone would agree that what made TMD so exciting was the constant action. There was always a fight or a war around, and that's what made it enjoyable. The map size was proportional to the amount of players, so you never felt like you were wandering around alone. The game mode was thriving!

I'm suggesting combining all the tmd servers into one server, and creating certain specific pvp-enabled zones, depending on where players want them. The map is massive so pve-ers would still have a large portion of the map to explore and rp on, and pvp-ers would have zones to fight in. This would benefit players and staff by creating only one server to update, moderate and put server resources into. There would be more frequent and consistent updates. Also, fights would contain more people and would be more frequent. Just an idea.

Ultimately, more significant change is necessary to change the course of the server! I don't think a simple name change and pain tweak will suddenly retain players.

SummonersJhift

Mythical
    SummonersJhift
    SummonersJhift SummonersJhift
    So, to start this off, I want to clear up a few things.

Most of you will know me as the person who made over 150 The Mining Dead videos on YouTube and the guy who always fought to make the server better.
    As the community of people who built up your server and allowed you create this platform for players to roam, we are told that we are toxic on the daily basis and thrown in the trash away from the rest of the servers population.
    Unfortunately, the players of TMDC have no choice to be toxic as you have been treating us like garbage. For example, Valp today said that staff as a collective are simply waiting for TMDC to die out and don't insist on doing anything for TMDC. (!!!!, not a nice way to treat your player base!)

This forum post is not me being toxic, but to try reach out to you - one last time.

We understand that you believe TMDPVP is the future of HavocMC, and if you want to pursue that, you're more than welcome. I believe personally it is way too late to merge the servers because unfortunately they've been split up for too long that there is too much of a gap between knowledge of each server.

However, my idea is this -
    Make TMDPVP, TMD-REALISM. Most the people who play this server play for the more slow based PVP action and a more realistic environment to survive in, however new-comers when joining would be tricked into believing it revolves around PVP, which really isn't the case.
    This would mean any PVP players would leave the server as they would think that is all Havoc has to offer them PVP wise.

Make TMDC, TMDPVP. This would simply make more sense as we all know TMDC is for more fast paced action and a more competitive and strategic game mode.
    You could also include things on this server such as Infinite Money for all, more PVP related kits and increased loot rate, especially for vehicles/legendary items.
    Also, add zombies back lol.

Also, for the new comers, you could add the new map into it so that the builds are up to date and look fresh, however for the time being I would recommend down sizing the map just because for fast based PVP there is not enough players to fill the whole map.

I know in your vision you only see TMDPVP working out, but in the short term and long run you will notice the server will have more players as you will be catering to both sides of the party.

Taking my suggestion into account would also make it easier to advertise as you'd be able to show off many different elements HavocMC has to offer and at least one of them would be enjoyable to the viewer, also basic maths proves you'd have more players then you originally planned.

Another few suggestions I have -
    Please care about us! Although we like PVP, we aren't all toxic and horrible! We don't want hackers on our server, we don't want ban evaders but we also want new comers to be able to join. I'd recommend promoting more TMDC staff members.

Remove the Level 10 join! All we need is active staff, a good anticheat and a good anti-vpn. That is enough to stop ban evaders.

Add a painkiller cap, 15cps.

Maybe get a developer to look into the gun switching cooldowns as some combos are very overpowered right now.

On behalf of the remaining og's, thanks for you're time c:

I don’t disagree with some of the ideas. The problem being that the way that TMDC players have portrayed themselves, while yes you’re frustrated as are most of us, but to staff it’s hard to have sympathy and care when every time we log on every person immediately rips us. Another thing is that most of the OG’s blame staff for every problem while 85% of us don’t have a say in anything that has to do with updates. Also this is a good thread, you aren’t trashing staff and the owners, which is a large reason I’d assume others were ignored.

the point I agree with is the aspects one, how we can show we have a pvp system and then a realistic pvp would be attractive.

A problem I do see though, is that if we are attracting new players, I think that TMDC (TMDPVP) would be unbalanced, you have the old players that will easily out skill and combo the new ones making the game really difficult to get adjusted to.

These are just my thoughts.

Babin_Downs

I don’t disagree with some of the ideas. The problem being that the way that TMDC players have portrayed themselves, while yes you’re frustrated as are most of us, but to staff it’s hard to have sympathy and care when every time we log on every person immediately rips us. Another thing is that most of the OG’s blame staff for every problem while 85% of us don’t have a say in anything that has to do with updates. Also this is a good thread, you aren’t trashing staff and the owners, which is a large reason I’d assume others were ignored.

the point I agree with is the aspects one, how we can show we have a pvp system and then a realistic pvp would be attractive.

A problem I do see though, is that if we are attracting new players, I think that TMDC (TMDPVP) would be unbalanced, you have the old players that will easily out skill and combo the new ones making the game really difficult to get adjusted to.

I just want to mention that you could fix that problem by adding better loot to the lootbags including a chance of legendarys etc.

xdeclanlee

Unfortunately, there is no other way to get good at a game other than to learn. Quite a few TMDC players joined either this year or last and have quickly adjusted to the PVP ways and are participating in jugg wars on the daily, so I don't think learning is a big issue. @_Nards_

xdeclanlee

And to shed some light on us being frustrated with staff, unfortunately, you have taken on the role as a staff member and doing so means taking responsibility for problems on the server.
    Although you may not have direct contact with the issues brought up to you, us players 99% of the time are ignored by the owners, meaning we are forced to go through other staff members in order to get the owners to listen.
    Also, given that we are basically left alone on TMDC and you guys are "letting it die out", I don't think that is helping with toxicity.

xdeclanlee

I don't think renaming the TMD servers is very important to their success. At this point, combining all the tmd-related server into one server would be an option worth pursuing.

I think everyone would agree that what made TMD so exciting was the constant action. There was always a fight or a war around, and that's what made it enjoyable. The map size was proportional to the amount of players, so you never felt like you were wandering around alone. The game mode was thriving!

I'm suggesting combining all the tmd servers into one server, and creating certain specific pvp-enabled zones, depending on where players want them. The map is massive so pve-ers would still have a large portion of the map to explore and rp on, and pvp-ers would have zones to fight in. This would benefit players and staff by creating only one server to update, moderate and put server resources into. There would be more frequent and consistent updates. Also, fights would contain more people and would be more frequent. Just an idea.

Ultimately, more significant change is necessary to change the course of the server! I don't think a simple name change and pain tweak will suddenly retain players.

The things you listed in the final paragraph isn't the only things needed, 100%. However, it is a start and will help new comers join the server as it would make it easier for Havoc to advertise, also, if the old TMD YouTubers such as myself were shocked by the changes and liked them, we would pump out more videos which would bring attraction to the server from the old players.

SummonersJhift

Mythical
    SummonersJhift
    SummonersJhift SummonersJhift
    Although you may not have direct contact with the issues brought up to you, us players 99% of the time are ignored by the owners, meaning we are forced to go through other staff members in order to get the owners to listen.
    Yes I'm aware of this, but you also must understand the most we can do is forward these suggestions, which is what we do. I myself have added suggestions that I don't support because that's what we have to do.

TMDC and you guys are "letting it die out"
    This doesn't represent how most of the staff feel.

MrCalimero

Mythical
    MrCalimero
    MrCalimero MrCalimero
    Yes I'm aware of this, but you also must understand the most we can do is forward these suggestions, which is what we do. I myself have added suggestions that I don't support because that's what we have to do.

This doesn't represent how most of the staff feel.

Responding to the "This doesn't represent how most of the staff feel". I don't think everyone of the staff members feel this way, but they aren't online to make it better either. The last few weeks I have only seen a few staff members, and with staff members I mean moderators not some helper or apprentice which can't do anything to help TMDC(TMDPVP). I think they should accept more TMDC(TMDPVP) players as staff members if the sr.mods and admin really want to let TMDC(TMDPVP) be good.