• IP Copied!
  • The Future of TMDPVP/TMDC

Agree?

• Total voters

Kakreth

A problem I do see though is that if we are attracting new players, I think that TMDC (TMDPVP) would be unbalanced, you have the old players that will easily out skill and combo the new ones making the game really difficult to get adjusted to.

These are just my thoughts.

honestly this is why I believe combos should be hard nerfed and guns buffed, combos are honestly a massive roadblock to letting those of lesser experience participate in the game, accuracy with guns and positioning should be rewarded better rather than just being able to pain run up to people and 1 shot them with your combo, there's no risk involved with blindly charging into a player less skilled at comboing because you can't kill someone with guns alone, you freely get to run up to them regardless of how many shots they hit, and then combo them down to 0

if guns were made to be more effective on their own and combos nerfed, new players skills in other first person shooter games would be transferable, meaning they could jump straight into being an effective player with a week or so's experience, and with this there would still be a clear difference between those who are good and bad.

as someone whos played the server for a looooong time I can tell you with certainty that right now, its the least fun its ever been and its cuz combos are too hard for new players to utilize and do too much damage in a short space of time.

TL;DR combos are too op while guns are too weak

MrCalimero

Mythical
    MrCalimero
    MrCalimero MrCalimero
    honestly this is why I believe combos should be hard nerfed and guns buffed, combos are honestly a massive roadblock to letting those of lesser experience participate in the game, accuracy with guns and positioning should be rewarded better rather than just being able to pain run up to people and 1 shot them with your combo, there's no risk involved with blindly charging into a player less skilled at comboing because you can't kill someone with guns alone, you freely get to run up to them regardless of how many shots they hit, and then combo them down to 0

if guns were made to be more effective on their own and combos nerfed, new players skills in other first person shooter games would be transferable, meaning they could jump straight into being an effective player with a week or so's experience, and with this there would still be a clear difference between those who are good and bad.

as someone whos played the server for a looooong time I can tell you with certainty that right now, its the least fun its ever been and its cuz combos are too hard for new players to utilize and do too much damage in a short space of time.

TL;DR combos are too op while guns are too weak

That's why I was saying they should bring back the old mechanics. Those were great times and everyone enjoyed it. Right now everything is about combo's and you get people like zsteals and flzzstcks making macro's that kill you in .2 seconds.

SummonersJhift

Mythical
    SummonersJhift
    SummonersJhift SummonersJhift
    Responding to the "This doesn't represent how most of the staff feel". I don't think everyone of the staff members feel this way, but they aren't online to make it better either. The last few weeks I have only seen a few staff members, and with staff members I mean moderators not some helper or apprentice which can't do anything to help TMDC(TMDPVP). I think they should accept more TMDC(TMDPVP) players as staff members if the sr.mods and admin really want to let TMDC(TMDPVP) be good.

Im completely open to TMDC staff, if they can prove to be up to par on maturity, which plenty of people who play are.

FalseHorseVczi

Mythical
    StarlightTsukuu
    StarlightTsukuu StarlightTsukuu
    That's why I was saying they should bring back the old mechanics. Those were great times and everyone enjoyed it. Right now everything is about combo's and you get people like zsteals and flzzstcks making macro's that kill you in .2 seconds.
    Agree

xdeclanlee

Im completely open to TMDC staff, if they can prove to be up to par on maturity, which plenty of people who play are.
    A lot of people are mature for staff, however for example, I am not applying but if I did, I would be rejected from things which happened in like 2016.

Also, it's not just getting TMDC staff which will fix the issue.

DeleteThisAcc

Mythical
    DeleteThisAcc
    DeleteThisAcc DeleteThisAcc
    gun switching cooldowns will be fixed for the rest of your suggestions don't have an answer today

also the painkiller cap has been 10cps for ages

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    TMDC and TMDPVP need to be separate. I dont think you would vouch for that so please clarify. Also claiming to do anything for the community is a joke.

MrCalimero

Mythical
    MrCalimero
    MrCalimero MrCalimero
    A lot of people are mature for staff, however for example, I am not applying but if I did, I would be rejected from things which happened in like 2016.

Also, it's not just getting TMDC staff which will fix the issue.

There are a lot of things that will have to happen in order to fix issues on the server. But staff is one of them.

Flirtin

I allowed some days to past before I voiced my opinion upon this topic. I agree with many points mentioned within this post. Many aspects of the server do need to be changed or fixed.

TMDPVP should be named as the realism server. Whenever online, I don't often see fights or wars going on. The playerbase is also split up because of TMDPVP-1 and TMDPVP-2. With a low player count there's really no need in having two separate servers. Combining these two would increase the player count and increase the chance of fights. For some who join for the PVP aspect they don't get much of an experience.

Now for TMDC. it shouldn't be limited to level 10 players. If the developers stopped worrying about cosmetic changes then there could be a lot more done to fend off ban evaders or cheaters. For example, adding an anti vpn to the HUB to stop ban evaders. Allow Senior Moderators+ to give certain players access to bypass the anti vpn, so If someone is a "normal" player and uses a VPN or has troubles connecting, they can join Discord or contact a staff member via forums to prove themselves not ban evading and play as they please.

Although I do not agree with the Unlimited Money for all. I don't believe many of the og's really care about the map of TMDC. I do agree it should be updated and look its best for the playerbase.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    I don't think renaming the TMD servers is very important to their success. At this point, combining all the tmd-related server into one server would be an option worth pursuing.

I think everyone would agree that what made TMD so exciting was the constant action. There was always a fight or a war around, and that's what made it enjoyable. The map size was proportional to the amount of players, so you never felt like you were wandering around alone. The game mode was thriving!

I'm suggesting combining all the tmd servers into one server, and creating certain specific pvp-enabled zones, depending on where players want them. The map is massive so pve-ers would still have a large portion of the map to explore and rp on, and pvp-ers would have zones to fight in. This would benefit players and staff by creating only one server to update, moderate and put server resources into. There would be more frequent and consistent updates. Also, fights would contain more people and would be more frequent. Just an idea.

Ultimately, more significant change is necessary to change the course of the server! I don't think a simple name change and pain tweak will suddenly retain players.

I'm not sure I agree with this. If this was to work, maybe there ought to be a "rookie" mode, in which your PvP is disabled for 72 hours unless you disable it manually.
    This function would only be for players with less than 72 hours of gameplay time, so basically just the noobs. If this was implemented, I'd be a little more open to this.

True, people learn the game fast. Once you learn from trial and error then eventually you'll do pretty good.
    That's how I learned it. Perhaps this would work.

I allowed some days to past before I voiced my opinion upon this topic. I agree with many points mentioned within this post. Many aspects of the server do need to be changed or fixed.

TMDPVP should be named as the realism server. Whenever online, I don't often see fights or wars going on. The playerbase is also split up because of TMDPVP-1 and TMDPVP-2. With a low player count there's really no need in having two separate servers. Combining these two would increase the player count and increase the chance of fights. For some who join for the PVP aspect they don't get much of an experience.

Now for TMDC. it shouldn't be limited to level 10 players. If the developers stopped worrying about cosmetic changes then there could be a lot more done to fend off ban evaders or cheaters. For example, adding an anti vpn to the HUB to stop ban evaders. Allow Senior Moderators+ to give certain players access to bypass the anti vpn, so If someone is a "normal" player and uses a VPN or has troubles connecting, they can join Discord or contact a staff member via forums to prove themselves not ban evading and play as they please.

Although I do not agree with the Unlimited Money for all. I don't believe many of the og's really care about the map of TMDC. I do agree it should be updated and look its best for the playerbase.
    Ye, the anti vpn for hub is good idea xd

Mczi

Dude only 2 people who have joined this year count as being good and participating in wars lmfao

Mczi

Back than, ogs had it easier to learn, while new players today have to experience constant death to get good, in fact I lost 500 deaths in one day. It is like the old days where pvp was more simple, its a bit more difficult where everyone can 1 tap and requires more skill than before. You Ogs had an idea of what do first and as time went on, you guys were able to adjust easier because you guys don't have such a big gap of skill to the next stage. The new players have a larger skill gap to learn unlike you OGs.