• IP Copied!
  • The Good Old Days

Brqd

Hey guys, I'd like to respectfully give my input on HavocMC's current position as a server. Feel free to add your opinions, but as respectfully as possible. I do not want this thread to be locked due to anybody who gets out of hand thinking that they can be the only person that is right.

Backstory...

The owners of Havoc recently made the bold decision to reset the server and put in a whole new and more realistic map. This update was supported by many players, and opposed by others. But, I do believe that it was necessary due to the amount of duped jugg flowing around the server.
    To many players' surprise, when the update came, it was not what they had expected. No one but the staff, (or so I believe), was aware that painkillers would be debuffed along with infinite money and jugg. Thankfully, in the next week or two the owners took it upon themselves to create an "OP TMD" which would be the same as the old TMD that many players loved.
    Currently, months after the reset, "OP TMD" as not turned out to be all it was cracked up to be. And I'd like to address some ideas that could possibly bring back "The Good Old Days" of TMD.

Problems and Solutions

1. Nowadays it seems that autoclicking has become some sort of religion to many players on OP TMD.
    • A lot of servers implement an anticheat that notifies staff whenever someone gets over a certain cps(clicks per second). This could help easily detect autoclickers... aka unkillable tank gods.
    • Havoc is one of the few servers out there that does not freeze suspected cheaters, send them to the TeamSpeak, and ScreenShare them. I believe that all staff members need to be taught how to ScreenShare immediately and start freezing cheaters as soon as possible. This is very important because of two reasons. 1. There are many people who can possibly get falsely banned because they just get banned out of nowhere rather than getting ScreenShared first. 2. There are many hackers playing on Havoc right now that do not get caught... and we all know it......
    • Lastly many good servers have ScreenShare tools that help detect hacks on someones computer.
    These are all strongly suggested ideas to stop hackers and autoclickers.

2. The new map for TMD is not as pvp friendly as the old one.

• A simple solution for this is to bring back the old map on OP TMD.
    • The new map has many more places for players to have wars, and getting places is much faster. Currently, the new map is basically only prison for PvPers.
    • Lastly, 1.8 was so much better for the servers, and I think I heard that we are switching back... So that's AWESOME!!!

Loss of Players

Before you guys go and correct me, I am aware that the server is gaining numbers and not losing them. But I'm here to talk about a different type of playerbase. HavocMC may have lately started to gain new players that have never played before. Sadly though, Havoc has lost many OG players that have been playing for quite a while.
    Many old players from before the restart have stayed and are still playing, but many others have quit. And to say it bluntly, it's for one reason.... TMD is not the same anymore. We need to make an effort to bring it back to "The Good Old Days."

MangledFury
    I did not want to have to address this in my thread because I'm afraid it may bring a lot of hate from both players and staff. But I feel it is necessary to note some facts...
    1. The PvP side of HavocMC has died down a ton since Mangled was lost. (I know the staff may not realize it, but many players can probably agree with me that wars back then were much more fun back then.)
    2. A whole entire team quit when he was banned. This basically ruined wars.
    3. PvP in general has become much more dull compared to "The Good Old Days"
    I am not saying that MangledFury is the factor that changed the PvP aspect of HavocMC, but I am saying that in the period of time that he played, PvP was much better.

Lastly...

I believe that with some fixes to the current state of the server, may of the old OG players will come back and start playing on the server that they used to love so much. I also believe that Havoc will grow even faster than it is right now.

Please give any feedback you have with as much respect as possible. VVVVVVVVV

Below are some videos of "The Good Old Days" in case e you guys forgot. Notice how fun and exhilarating the wars were back then. Try to post a video with wars (from after the update) like these in the comment section.... Bet you can't.....
    THIS FIRST ONE IS VERY OLD BUT STILL PART OF THE GLORY DAYS. THE OTHER ONES ARE MORE RECENT.

@IgnitingIce @_Nickk @Jacobg2011 @Katitude

BloodThorn

I wish it had the old players too but what can you do? I would say try to get them back on and lets form an og team, even if we hate each other if we got all TMD original players on TMD1 we could kick azz

BloodThorn

Personally I think the owners should cut the number of servers for now so instead of each server having 20 two server can have, lets say, about 60

Brqd

I wish it had the old players too but what can you do? I would say try to get them back on and lets form an og team, even if we hate each other if we got all TMD original players on TMD1 we could kick azz
    The Good Old Days was fun because you could enjoy fighting other good teams and there was competition. What I'm suggesting here is that.. Maybe if we do these suggestions people will starting coming back. So more wars will happen like they used to.

NipTuck

Titan
    NipTuck
    NipTuck NipTuck
    To get rid of cheaters, they should hire me as a verified screensharer. ;) bet no staff on here know how to ss half has good as me.

UIGaming

Mythical
    UIGaming
    UIGaming UIGaming
    To get rid of cheaters, they should hire me as a verified screensharer. ;) bet no staff on here know how to ss half has good as me.
    Not anymore at least :). I know how to SS pretty well but as my rank and below show I am no longer staff.

_Renesme

Titan
    _Renesme
    _Renesme _Renesme
    The map took time and effort to build a lot of perseverance and determination and most of all hard work. By our builders. Is it fair to them to suddenly say "No thanks, we're just going to switch back to the old map." No, it's not. The new map is outstanding, detailed and realistic, I'd be lying to you (which I'm not going to do) if I said I didn't miss the old TMD. I do miss the old TMD. My friends left, my team was disbanded, wars went downhill. But change is inevitable, it is how we embrace change that makes us who we are. What we need to consider is that this in itself is like a TMD War. There's never just 2 teams, there's always at least one more. There are not just 2 options, this or that. We have to consider all players and how they want the server to be. We need to as a community understand the term sacrifice for the greater cause. We are never going to be able to make a server that everyone likes, or everyone doesn't prefer something over something else. Some people like the new map, others prefer the old one. Some people like the TMD painkillers others prefer the TMDO painkillers. Limited money? Or Infinite Money? The debate will go on forever. If you want to see change then we must work as an entire team, not Staff Vs Players Vs Other Players Vs Oh the other players who don't like that. We need to work as one HavocMC Community to make Havoc the best it has ever been.

Ps. This was not intended as a lecture, though I fear that's what I have just done :)
    Have a good day everyone.

Last edited:

Brqd

The map took time and effort to build a lot of perseverance and determination and most of all hard work. By our builders. Is it fair to them to suddenly say "No thanks, we're just going to switch back to the old map." No, it's not. The new map is outstanding, detailed and realistic, I'd be lying to you (which I'm not going to do) if I said I didn't miss the old TMD. I do miss the old TMD. My friends left, my team was disbanded, wars went downhill. But change is inevitable, it is how we embrace change that makes us who we are. What we need to consider is that this in itself is like a TMD War. There's never just 2 teams, there's always at least one more. There are not such 2 options, this or that. We have to consider all players and how they want the server to be. We need to as a community understand the term sacrifice for the greater cause. We are never going to be able to make a server that everyone likes, or everyone doesn't prefer something over something else. Some people like the new map, others prefer the old one. Some people like the TMD painkillers others prefer the TMDO painkillers. Limited money? Or Infinite Money? The debate will go on forever. If you want to see change then we must work as an entire team, not Staff Vs Players Vs Other Players Vs Oh the other players who don't like that. We need to work as one HavocMC Community to make Havoc the best it has ever been.

Ps. This was not intended as a lecture, though I fear that's what I have just done :)
    I believe that many people that play on tmd op likes the old map better because of how good it was for pvp. While keeping the new map on the normal tmd would be perfectly fine. I would like to see a poll go up on the op server and see what people think about the old pvp friendly map.

In reply to your comment about everyone has to embrace change... I respectfully say that this is true, ONLY WHEN the change is good for the server. I believe that this update was detrimental to wars and competitiveness of the game.

Lastly, in "The Good Old Days" of the server there were not only two main teams as you said. There were 4 main ones at the high point of the server. Thats what I miss.

Kyorashi

The map took time and effort to build a lot of perseverance and determination and most of all hard work. By our builders. Is it fair to them to suddenly say "No thanks, we're just going to switch back to the old map." No, it's not. The new map is outstanding, detailed and realistic, I'd be lying to you (which I'm not going to do) if I said I didn't miss the old TMD. I do miss the old TMD. My friends left, my team was disbanded, wars went downhill. But change is inevitable, it is how we embrace change that makes us who we are. What we need to consider is that this in itself is like a TMD War. There's never just 2 teams, there's always at least one more. There are not such 2 options, this or that. We have to consider all players and how they want the server to be. We need to as a community understand the term sacrifice for the greater cause. We are never going to be able to make a server that everyone likes, or everyone doesn't prefer something over something else. Some people like the new map, others prefer the old one. Some people like the TMD painkillers others prefer the TMDO painkillers. Limited money? Or Infinite Money? The debate will go on forever. If you want to see change then we must work as an entire team, not Staff Vs Players Vs Other Players Vs Oh the other players who don't like that. We need to work as one HavocMC Community to make Havoc the best it has ever been.

Raw.

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    I agree with the auto clicking part of this post.

As for the map, a new smaller map is almost done that should play like the old one.

Mangled will not be unbanned any time soon, and his video he made falsely slandering staff and server didn't help, especially when he didn't correct it.

Pawndah

Mythical
    Pawndah
    Pawndah Pawndah

As for the map, a new smaller map is almost done that should play like the old one.

Mangled will not be unbanned any time soon, and his video he made falsely slandering staff and server didn't help, especially when he didn't correct it.
    With the new map I was wondering if all the old places will be in the scams place? Like pool, Grady, green, and apts?

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    Problems and Solutions

1. Nowadays it seems that autoclicking has become some sort of religion to many players on OP TMD.
    • A lot of servers implement an anticheat that notifies staff whenever someone gets over a certain cps(clicks per second). This could help easily detect autoclickers... aka unkillable tank gods.
    • Havoc is one of the few servers out there that does not freeze suspected cheaters, send them to the TeamSpeak, and ScreenShare them. I believe that all staff members need to be taught how to ScreenShare immediately and start freezing cheaters as soon as possible. This is very important because of two reasons. 1. There are many people who can possibly get falsely banned because they just get banned out of nowhere rather than getting ScreenShared first. 2. There are many hackers playing on Havoc right now that do not get caught... and we all know it......
    • Lastly many good servers have ScreenShare tools that help detect hacks on someones computer.
    These are all strongly suggested ideas to stop hackers and autoclickers.
    Thank you! This is such a problem and is really not motivating a lot of people to play tmdo now. and if you look in the first video you posted of the old days go to 0:20 LOL like 30 pains in 1 or 2 seconds this is basically what it's like now, unkillable and bull****.

Brqd

Thanks for your input. About the autoclicking, did you agree with all of the solutions? Such as teaching your staff how to ScreenShare? Because as I said...... VVV
    There are many hackers playing on Havoc right now that do not get caught... and we all know it......

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    The map took time and effort to build a lot of perseverance and determination and most of all hard work. By our builders. Is it fair to them to suddenly say "No thanks, we're just going to switch back to the old map." No, it's not. The new map is outstanding, detailed and realistic, I'd be lying to you (which I'm not going to do) if I said I didn't miss the old TMD. I do miss the old TMD. My friends left, my team was disbanded, wars went downhill. But change is inevitable, it is how we embrace change that makes us who we are. What we need to consider is that this in itself is like a TMD War. There's never just 2 teams, there's always at least one more. There are not just 2 options, this or that. We have to consider all players and how they want the server to be. We need to as a community understand the term sacrifice for the greater cause. We are never going to be able to make a server that everyone likes, or everyone doesn't prefer something over something else. Some people like the new map, others prefer the old one. Some people like the TMD painkillers others prefer the TMDO painkillers. Limited money? Or Infinite Money? The debate will go on forever. If you want to see change then we must work as an entire team, not Staff Vs Players Vs Other Players Vs Oh the other players who don't like that. We need to work as one HavocMC Community to make Havoc the best it has ever been.

Tmdo isn't for people to be like "Wow! I bet tons of work went into making the new map!" Frankly, I doubt many people care. I feel like ONLY the non op tmds should have the updated map. Yes, I like the new map. I love how accurate it works. IM not saying I don't like it. What I'm saying is most of the players would rather the server be like how it used to. Old map, bike pvp, ect. Thank you :)

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    I say we should bring back bike pvp, it is completely broken right now that you cant do anything. (Only tmdo maybe?)