TMD Seasonal Contests
We are excited to announce the addition of Seasons to The Mining Dead! During each Season, players will compete on The Mining Dead Servers to build up there score and rank near the top to earn awesome prizes! Each Season will last approximately 3 Months. The Seasons update will be released on August 17th.
Throughout each Season players will build up their score by killing players, killing zombies, and completing Daily Challenges. The exact values for each of these is listed below.
- Killing a Player: 100 Score
- Each piece of Leather Armor being worn by the killed player will add 25 Score
- Each piece of Military Armor being worn by the killed player will add 50 Score
- Each piece of Riot Gear Armor being worn by the killed player will add 75 Score
- Each piece of Juggernaut Armor being worn by the killed player will add 100 Score
- Killing a Zombie: 10 Score
- Completing a Daily Challenge: 1,000 Score
At the end of each Season, the top players will all receive prizes. All players who reach certain score levels will receive prizes as well.
1st Place: $250 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
2nd Place: $125 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
3rd Place: $75 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
4th - 10th Place: $75 Shop Vouchers & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
11th - 25th Place: $50 Shop Vouchers.
All players who earn at least 125,000 score will earn 5 Legendary Crates at the beginning of the next Season.
All players who earn at least 250,000 score will earn 5 Mythical Crates at the beginning of the next Season.
Other Mining Dead Updates
Along with the addition of seasons, there will be a few other changes made to The Mining Dead.
- Moving While Healing - beginning with this update players will be able to use healing items while moving.
- Stacked Weapons - Legendary Guns & Melees will no longer be able to be stacked.
- Removed Items - Coal, Nets, Leads, and Backpacks will be removed from shops and loot bags.
- Legendary Guns - Legendary Guns will now drop on death.
- TMD-1 & TMD-2 will be combined into TMDPVP-1.
- TMD-3 & TMD-4 will be combined into TMDPVE-1.
Along with this update, we will be doing a reset to The Mining Dead. This reset will include Gear and Money. ***Update - Stats will not be reset. You will be able to view your Stats for each season as well as your overall stats***
All players will be allowed to save all the items in their basic Standard Vaults. To players who have ranks, keep in mind this will only be the first three rows of your Stand Vaults. When the reset occurs, nothing in the Standard Vaults will reset except for the following: ***Update - All players, both ranked and unranked, will be able to save the entirety of their Standard Vaults***
- Coal, Nets, Leads and Backpacks will removed from Standard Vaults
- Stacked Legendary Guns and Melee Weapons will be converted into singular versions of the items.
After the release of The Mining Dead Seasons update, our goal is to release smaller content updates every two weeks to The Mining Dead and Hell Night.
Our first planned update involve several changes to Hell Night with the overall goal of making shorter, more fast paced games that require less players to start, so look forward to that!