• The Mining Dead Seasons & Reset

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jacobg1998

Owner
    Jacobg1998
    Jacobg1998 Jacobg1998
    LKIRSqn.png
    Unfortunately, to start out this post I have some bad news for Mine Wars fans. After evaluating the resources we have available we decided to delay the Mine Wars 2.0 update. For the time being, we feel it would be more beneficial for the server to focus on consistent updates to TMD and Hell Night.

TMD Seasonal Contests
    We are excited to announce the addition of Seasons to The Mining Dead! During each Season, players will compete on The Mining Dead Servers to build up there score and rank near the top to earn awesome prizes! Each Season will last approximately 3 Months. The Seasons update will be released on August 17th.

Scoring
    Throughout each Season players will build up their score by killing players, killing zombies, and completing Daily Challenges. The exact values for each of these is listed below.
    • Killing a Player: 100 Score
      • Each piece of Leather Armor being worn by the killed player will add 25 Score
      • Each piece of Military Armor being worn by the killed player will add 50 Score
      • Each piece of Riot Gear Armor being worn by the killed player will add 75 Score
      • Each piece of Juggernaut Armor being worn by the killed player will add 100 Score
    • Killing a Zombie: 10 Score
    • Completing a Daily Challenge: 1,000 Score
    Prizes
    At the end of each Season, the top players will all receive prizes. All players who reach certain score levels will receive prizes as well.
    1st Place: $250 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    2nd Place: $125 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    3rd Place: $75 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    4th - 10th Place: $75 Shop Vouchers & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    11th - 25th Place: $50 Shop Vouchers.

All players who earn at least 125,000 score will earn 5 Legendary Crates at the beginning of the next Season.

All players who earn at least 250,000 score will earn 5 Mythical Crates at the beginning of the next Season.

Other Mining Dead Updates
    Along with the addition of seasons, there will be a few other changes made to The Mining Dead.
    • Moving While Healing - beginning with this update players will be able to use healing items while moving.
    • Stacked Weapons - Legendary Guns & Melees will no longer be able to be stacked.
    • Removed Items - Coal, Nets, Leads, and Backpacks will be removed from shops and loot bags.
    • Legendary Guns - Legendary Guns will now drop on death.
    • TMD-1 & TMD-2 will be combined into TMDPVP-1.
    • TMD-3 & TMD-4 will be combined into TMDPVE-1.
    The Mining Dead Reset
    Along with this update, we will be doing a reset to The Mining Dead. This reset will include Gear and Money. ***Update - Stats will not be reset. You will be able to view your Stats for each season as well as your overall stats***

All players will be allowed to save all the items in their basic Standard Vaults. To players who have ranks, keep in mind this will only be the first three rows of your Stand Vaults. When the reset occurs, nothing in the Standard Vaults will reset except for the following: ***Update - All players, both ranked and unranked, will be able to save the entirety of their Standard Vaults***
    • Coal, Nets, Leads and Backpacks will removed from Standard Vaults
    • Stacked Legendary Guns and Melee Weapons will be converted into singular versions of the items.
    Also, any TMD Crates purchased from July 24th to the day of the update will be given to players again after the reset. Remember, this update will occur on August 17th.

Bi-Weekly Updates
    After the release of The Mining Dead Seasons update, our goal is to release smaller content updates every two weeks to The Mining Dead and Hell Night.

Our first planned update involve several changes to Hell Night with the overall goal of making shorter, more fast paced games that require less players to start, so look forward to that!

Last edited:

JT900

JT900
    JT900 JT900
    Unfortunately, to start out this post I have some bad news for Mine Wars fans. After evaluating the resources we have available we decided to delay the Mine Wars 2.0 update.
    Great... just great...

Well, at least TMD is getting better I suppose, as bland as it was getting. And with the reset, everyone in PvP will actually be fair game for once.

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    Wow they actually listened to my ideas.

Questions:

1. You said the vaults are being reset does this include player inventories?

2. Stats Include infinite? My reasoning: EULA could consider INF pay to win, so I believe that should be removed but compensated with all players who had INF for example a couple million $

2a. If INF is removed add old pains back? Reasoning cause then it wouldn't be pay2win for players having stacks upon stacks of pains from inf and they would have to get them with hard earned cash.

3. Each 3 months reset doesn't reset the vaults and stats again does it?

4. Is TMDC affected in any way?

I'm only taking answers from jacob, igniting, or staff

Kendrq

Famous
    Kendrq
    Kendrq Kendrq
    The update sounds pretty cool, but I can't say that I agree with the decision to push off the Mine Wars update. The focus has always been on TMD and its updates, and despite how many times it's said that Mine Wars will finally be getting attention, nothing is ever implemented for the game. Players interested in Mine Wars don't trust the Staff anymore because we keep doing this same thing, promising updates/fixes and then not delivering on these promises. MW hasn't been updated in well over a year, and now we're about to focus bi-weekly updates onto TMD and push MW off even further. It's a great section of the server, but it will never be able to prosper in comparison to TMD when it lacks the attention it needs.
    Other than that, the update for TMD does seem like it could bring back some fun for the server. I genuinely like the ideas being implemented, I just feel they could've waited to be implemented until after Mine Wars got the attention it needs.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    The update sounds pretty cool, but I can't say that I agree with the decision to push off the Mine Wars update. The focus has always been on TMD and its updates, and despite how many times it's said that Mine Wars will finally be getting attention, nothing is ever implemented for the game. Players interested in Mine Wars don't trust the Staff anymore because we keep doing this same thing, promising updates/fixes and then not delivering on these promises. MW hasn't been updated in well over a year, and now we're about to focus bi-weekly updates onto TMD and push MW off even further. It's a great section of the server, but it will never be able to prosper in comparison to TMD when it lacks the attention it needs.
    Other than that, the update for TMD does seem like it could bring back some fun for the server. I genuinely like the ideas being implemented, I just feel they could've waited to be implemented until after Mine Wars got the attention it needs.
    Amen Girl!!!

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007

Questions:

2. Stats Include infinite? My reasoning: EULA could consider INF pay to win, so I believe that should be removed but compensated with all players who had INF for example a couple million $

2a. If INF is removed add old pains back? Reasoning cause then it wouldn't be pay2win for players having stacks upon stacks of pains from inf and they would have to get them with hard earned cash.

They can't get rid of infinite. Lots of people I've seen who came back to the server had bought it while it was in the store.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I will now give my completely unfiltered opinion, in 3... 2... 1:
    Unfortunately, to start out this post I have some bad news for Mine Wars fans. After evaluating the resources we have available we decided to delay the Mine Wars 2.0 update. For the time being, we feel it would be more beneficial for the server to focus on consistent updates to TMD and Hell Night.
    Why did I see this coming. This is becoming absolutely ridiculous. Y'all just can't ever keep your word on an update, can you. We need something NEW. Something FRESH. I agree with Kendra and everyone else who says they are extremely disappointed in the MW setback...
    TMD Seasonal Contests
    Cool concept, I hope it actually works. Also, if you don't have a PayPal account, can you just get the 1st-3rd prizes in shop vouchers?
    Moving While Healing - beginning with this update players will be able to use healing items while moving.
    The one good thing I've seen on this post.
    Stacked Weapons - Legendary Guns & Melees will no longer be able to be stacked.
    Are you kidding me?! Stackable legendaries is vital to storage, esp. since you're resetting our vaults. There should be an option for those with ranks and the Extra Vault to save that.
    Legendary Guns - Legendary Guns will now drop on death.
    This eliminates the rarity of Legendary guns. I think it's healthy for them NOT to drop, that way ranked players and others can't get them when they die/when they've reclaimed their drops.
    All players will be allowed to save all the items in their basic Standard Vaults. To players who have ranks, keep in mind this will only be the first three rows of your Stand Vaults. When the reset occurs, nothing in the first three rows of the Standard Vaults will reset except for the following:
    Again, why can't we have the option of saving our other vaults? We technically paid for them, so we should have the option of keeping them.
    Stacked Legendary Guns and Melee Weapons will be converted into singular versions of the items.
    I find this incredibly stupid. Say I have 38 g. barrets in a stack saved in my first 3 rows of Vault space. You say they're gunna be converted, right? Well what if there's no space? Will I be reimbersed? Or are y'all gunna do what you did to @Firelillx and ignore requests to have their vault items restored? I want a solid answer on how these items will be distributed if there isn't enough space to pick them all out.
    This reset will include Gear, Money, and Stats.
    Are they removing Infinite Money? They better not.

Jacobg1998

Owner
    Jacobg1998
    Jacobg1998 Jacobg1998

Questions:

1. Player inventories will be reset. The only items not being reset are the first 3 rows of the Standard Vault.

2. Infinite Money is not included in the Stats reset. We are looking into potential ways to limit Infinite Money though.

2a. Old pains aren't coming back to normal TMD. However, we aren't ruling out adding TMDOP with old pains.

3. With the beginning of each new Season (every 3ish months) stats will 100% not reset. We are not sure about items though, that will depend on how much gear is built up in that time as well as a few other factors.

4. The Season won't affect TMDC in any way, but TMDC will receive updates once we begin the bi-weekly updates.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    I will now give my completely unfiltered opinion, in 3... 2... 1:

Why did I see this coming. This is becoming absolutely ridiculous. Y'all just can't ever keep your word on an update, can you. We need something NEW. Something FRESH. I agree with Kendra and everyone else who says they are extremely disappointed in the MW setback...

Cool concept, I hope it actually works. Also, if you don't have a PayPal account, can you just get the 1st-3rd prizes in shop vouchers?

The one good thing I've seen on this post.

Are you kidding me?! Stackable legendaries is vital to storage, esp. since you're resetting our vaults. There should be an option for those with ranks and the Extra Vault to save that.

This eliminates the rarity of Legendary guns. I think it's healthy for them NOT to drop, that way ranked players and others can't get them when they die/when they've reclaimed their drops.

Again, why can't we have the option of saving our other vaults? We technically paid for them, so we should have the option of keeping them.

I find this incredibly stupid. Say I have 38 g. barrets in a stack saved in my first 3 rows of Vault space. You say they're gunna be converted, right? Well what if there's no space? Will I be reimbersed? Or are y'all gunna do what you did to @Firelillx and ignore requests to have their vault items restored? I want a solid answer on how these items will be distributed if there isn't enough space to pick them all out.

Are they removing Infinite Money? They better not.
    I agree with everything you said. However, I think they want to balance new players with geared/old players so it's equally fair for the non-geared players.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    I love the concept of seasons/ladder but resets, really? Does that means that the only thing that matters is climb the boards any way possible, knowing that after everything will vanishes later? This is even more arcade than before.
    Welp I could get used to it, but resets should be the last case scenario, ever (like once we had the dupping glitch). But now?
    I'm kinda done.

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    1. Player inventories will be reset. The only items not being reset are the first 3 rows of the Standard Vault.

2. Infinite Money is not included in the Stats reset. We are looking into potential ways to limit Infinite Money though.

2a. Old pains aren't coming back to normal TMD. However, we aren't ruling out adding TMDOP with old pains.

3. With the beginning of each new Season (every 3ish months) stats will 100% not reset. We are not sure about items though, that will depend on how much gear is built up in that time as well as a few other factors.

4. The Season won't affect TMDC in any way, but TMDC will receive updates once we begin the bi-weekly updates.

FINAL QUESTIONS/SUGGESTIONS

1. Ok thank you

2. Alright, you could do the maximum 100k a day for infinite thing again like in the first large TMD update

2a. Ruling out adding TMDOP with old pains, so that means TMDOP is coming? Can I ask when?

3. Unless players are easily acquiring dozens upon dozens of sets of jug would I think it would be reasonable to reset the inventories and vaults, but the issue is not many players enjoy resets so often (3 months).

4. Ok thank you

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    I love the concept of seasons/ladder but resets, really? Does that means that the only thing that matters is climb the boards any way possible, knowing that after everything will vanishes later? This is even more arcade than before.
    Welp I could get used to it, but resets should be the last case scenario, ever (like once we had the dupping glitch). But now?
    I'm kinda done.
    It's only one reset...

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    I have been working on this K/D for almost 3 years... Cus I remember it was one of the things that carried over the last reset. Take my gear, take my 10 mil, God, even take my infinite. But why take a key token of my experiences on TMD? I know a lot of other people probably don't feel this strongly about it, but I'm begging. These 50k walkers, 5.4k players and 1.8k or so deaths is ME. That's who I am on TMD. Don't take it away.

I see meds are getting buffed again. God $&!@ing damn it.

I don't even play MW, but I'm getting mad for them. That server's been so neglected it's tragic. You've given them so may glimmers of hope for new content but keep delaying it.

As for a final gripe, if we're adding Score, can we remove Elo? A lot of these extra numbers are just going to scare away new players. You're giving them more things that have to keep track of, when I'm sure all they want to do is play in a zombie apocalypse. I'm sure they're not interested in Levels, Score, Elo, and a K/D.

All that being said, I'm doing my best to remain optimistic. Maybe is possible we'll see the T5 and Melee camos (even though I noticed the Gattling, Flamethrower, and Flaregun camos were removed :() since TMD is clearly the focus now. I'm just struggling with everything I just read. Please prove me wrong, Havoc. I trust you.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    Y’all realize that no one is going to fcking donate knowing their items are going to be reset right?

I have dozens jug and over 25 million earned from spending HUNDREDS of dollars in the donor store..

Y’all already screwed me out of stack of my legendary weapons from the unupdate..: now you want to take the rest?

Literally just freaking stop.

Seasons is a cool idea but wiping our **** to do it is messed up.

Y’all suck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.