• IP Copied!
  • Time for a Legitimate Solution

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    [Keep the comments respectful and stick to the topic.]

After the new update, a large share of the HavocMC community was unsatisfied and displeased with the changes. There was an infinite money cap, long painkiller cooldown, nerfing of jugg, and plenty more. And all of this was forced upon the staff team to fix right away. Tons and tons and tons of threads. Yesterday, however, the owners released their version of a legitimate solution to the problem: more changes and a new gamemode.

The goal of OP TMD and other changes was to bring the community together, not to keep players arguing, separated, or divided. The owners were trying to institute a new sense of unity.

Now, thinking back to elementary school, to bring things together, you add and multiply. You were never taught to subtract and certainly not to divide if this were the case.

Here's a little diagram that explains it all:

POST-RESET:
    JLbWxVM.png

NEW SOLUTION:

48Df69h.png

WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING:
    RwmY6hv.png

Now that a whole portion of the TMD community has gone to OP TMD, players on regular TMD are left with nothing. There are no more big wars, less chatting amongst players, and no fun; all of this is inevitably going to become a much more apparent problem in the days to follow if OP TMD remains. The Mining Dead was supposed to be a game mode for all kinds of players where there is a focus on realism but still the recognition that it's a game and not everything can be perfectly realistic for players to be happy. After all, people play virtual games to escape reality and give themselves a different identity. This thread or the entire movement against OP TMD is not because we want complete realism. If players want to be happy, there has to be certain elements that reflect on both realism and its opposite. However, that only means compromises need to be made.

OP TMD is just a way for people with infinite to think that they are the richest people on the server by buying a hundred stack of pains and inflating the economy with too many golden barretts and jugg sets. That's not talent, believe it or not, to just be wearing jugg. The real talent is when you can win and defeat your opponents on regular TMD where everything is much more difficult and requires real skill. All of this is going to generate tons and tons of cash and when that useless cash comes to TMD-1, then the infinite cap becomes absolutely useless; congratulations, you have inflated the TMD market once again.

Blacks in the 20th century didn't keep drinking from the leaky fountain. They compromised and they fought for equality and unity. Dividing the Indians with a caste system didn't help the Untouchables. The Civil War was fought to unify people, not to keep everyone apart. Donald Trump didn't say in his victory speech at 3 AM that if you have a different opinion, then **** off. He called for unity. There are hundreds of more examples. Sure, there's checks and balances and division in our government, fifty different states, political boundaries, and more. But those things are created intentionally to keep people together in a different way. No, creating two separate servers is not a compromise. It's a foolish way of trying to solve division with division.

In essence, OP TMD is a counterproductive way of meeting the players' needs. It accomplishes nothing other than inflation and everything the reset was intended to solve. People on regular TMD are still not pleased. All that has been done is the owners have created a new game mode without paying any attention to the hundreds of other players trying to play on the better TMD. Please remove the OP TMD server and instead, bring compromises for all players.

Last edited:

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    The fact is that there are different players, with different interests, and it would not be possible to fit everybody's wants with one server. Prior to OP, there was constant arguments among players. This was the case with PvP as well, and PvE is a huge success. I think that there will be a whole new generation of players who like the current game mode, while people who like OP will have a place to play.

Last edited:

Tubcat101

The simple fact is that there are different players, with different interests, and it would not be possible to fit everybody's wants with one server. Prior to OP, there was constant arguments among players. This was the case with PvP as well, and PvE is a huge success. I think that there will be a whole new generation of players who like the current game mode, while people who like OP will have a place to play.
    Great response nick!
    #OPTMD for life

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    The simple fact is that there are different players, with different interests, and it would not be possible to fit everybody's wants with one server. Prior to OP, there was constant arguments among players. This was the case with PvP as well, and PvE is a huge success. I think that there will be a whole new generation of players who like the current game mode, while people who like OP will have a place to play.

There's plenty of different players with different interests, but to simply split half of them up just so they shut up isn't the proper solution. Ask the people on TMD-1. You can call a war, you can wear your jugg and all, and no one will come because half of the players just went to OP TMD. Regular TMD is just slowly dying. By trying to solve one problem, another one was created. With PvP and PvE, that's one factor, but what we're discussing here is an infinite money cap, painkiller cooldown, jugg armor, vehicle system, new looting system, a new map, different safezones, shop prices, team issues, and much more. It's not limited to just one thing, this is about the server as a whole and an entire array of different elements. Prior to OP there were constant arguments among players. And now, there's going to be plenty of more arguments again. I understand that not all players can be completely satisfied, but to simply try and please a small minority and leave the others hanging is not how you go about this. If you want to keep players satisfied, make some compromises and add some things that'll better the server and distract us from arguing about every last detail. The simple fact is that to fit everybody's wants is impossible. But what you can do is, again, make compromises and meet us half way. We can think and wait for an influx of new players who want to play the current game mode, but the truth of it is that those players are just the ones who want to make compromises. Not the ones who want infinite this and that and everything.

5oup

The fact is that there are different players, with different interests, and it would not be possible to fit everybody's wants with one server. Prior to OP, there was constant arguments among players. This was the case with PvP as well, and PvE is a huge success. I think that there will be a whole new generation of players who like the current game mode, while people who like OP will have a place to play.
    From my perspective, OP has divided the server so much in one day that it has become unbearable to play on tmd-1. NO wars, etc., making PvP servers, essentially, PvE, if anything. There needs to be a compromise with a positive turnout for all "generations" of players. At first, I was ecstatic at the idea of an OP server, being able to spam pains again ooooh :). Now I'm just realizing the impending turmoil that will ensue due to the fabrication of this server. It's meant to be a guns servers, yes. In addition to this, it's also meant to be a PvP server. These two types of servers were easily consorted in the old TMD, but now with the new divisions of PvP & PvE players, it's become utter chaos in terms of tuning the server to a specific "genre"/playstyle. By implementing OP TMD, you not only create more division amongst the players, but you create division amongst the individual playstyles as well, which is a non-favorable characteristic of any operating server, as a whole. Universal compromise is key. To relate back to what Link said, the regular PvP servers will die eventually because of OP TMD.

Tubcat101

There's plenty of different players with different interests, but to simply split half of them up just so they shut up isn't the proper solution. Ask the people on TMD-1. You can call a war, you can wear your jugg and all, and no one will come because half of the players just went to OP TMD. Regular TMD is just slowly dying. By trying to solve one problem, another one was created. With PvP and PvE, that's one factor, but what we're discussing here is an infinite money cap, painkiller cooldown, jugg armor, vehicle system, new looting system, a new map, different safezones, shop prices, team issues, and much more. It's not limited to just one thing, this is about the server as a whole and an entire array of different elements. Prior to OP there were constant arguments among players. And now, there's going to be plenty of more arguments again. I understand that not all players can be completely satisfied, but to simply try and please a small minority and leave the others hanging is not how you go about this. If you want to keep players satisfied, make some compromises and add some things that'll better the server and distract us from arguing about every last detail. The simple fact is that to fit everybody's wants is impossible. But what you can do is, again, make compromises and meet us half way. We can think and wait for an influx of new players who want to play the current game mode, but the truth of it is that those players are just the ones who want to make compromises. Not the ones who want infinite this and that and everything.
    Are you saying we can't make compromises?

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    I love how you say they call war and no one comes XD! It's because wars are beasically death without pains. Kinda screwed yourself there

What I stated was that as a result of a large number of players moving to OP TMD, people aren't on to come to wars on TMD. Before OP TMD, I had plenty of wars at prison, CDC, and other places. Wars are not basically death without pains. I've had plenty of wars after the painkiller cooldown was put into place. On another thread, however, I proposed that to compromise, the painkiller cooldown could be lessened. People don't war because they're not there, not because they can't bring pains.

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    I love how you say they call war and no one comes XD! It's because wars are beasically death without pains. Kinda screwed yourself there

What I stated was that as a result of a large number of players moving to OP TMD, people aren't on to come to wars on TMD. Before OP TMD, I had plenty of wars at prison, CDC, and other places. Wars are not basically death without pains. I've had plenty of wars after the painkiller cooldown was put into place. On another thread, however, I proposed that to compromise, the painkiller cooldown could be lessened. People don't war because they're not there, not because they can't bring pains.

Tubcat101

I can give you screenshots when there's 80 people on TMD-1 and 50 on OP. Don't say there's not people. It's because whoever gets shot first dies so what's the point

Kroznox

Titan
    Kroznox
    Kroznox Kroznox

After the new update, a large share of the HavocMC community was unsatisfied and displeased with the changes. There was an infinite money cap, long painkiller cooldown, nerfing of jugg, and plenty more. And all of this was forced upon the staff team to fix right away. Tons and tons and tons of threads. Yesterday, however, the owners released their version of a legitimate solution to the problem: more changes and a new gamemode.

The goal of OP TMD and other changes was to bring the community together, not to keep players arguing, separated, or divided. The owners were trying to institute a new sense of unity.

Now, thinking back to elementary school, to bring things together, you add and multiply. You were never taught to subtract and certainly not to divide if this were the case.

POST-RESET:
    JLbWxVM.png

NEW SOLUTION:

48Df69h.png

WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING:
    RwmY6hv.png

Now that a whole portion of the TMD community has gone to OP TMD, players on regular TMD are left with nothing. There are no more big wars, less chatting amongst players, and no fun; all of this is inevitably going to become a much more apparent problem in the days to follow if OP TMD remains. The Mining Dead was supposed to be a game mode for all kinds of players where there is a focus on realism but still the recognition that it's a game and not everything can be perfectly realistic for players to be happy. After all, people play virtual games to escape reality and give themselves a different identity. This thread or the entire movement against OP TMD is not because we want complete realism. If players want to be happy, there has to be certain elements that reflect on both realism and its opposite. However, that only means compromises need to be made.

OP TMD is just a way for people with infinite to think that they are the richest people on the server by buying a hundred stack of pains and inflating the economy with too many golden barretts and jugg sets. That's not talent, believe it or not, to just be wearing jugg. The real talent is when you can win and defeat your opponents on regular TMD where everything is much more difficult and requires real skill. All of this is going to generate tons and tons of cash and when that useless cash comes to TMD-1, then the infinite cap becomes absolutely useless; congratulations, you have inflated the TMD market once again.

Blacks in the 20th century didn't keep drinking from the leaky fountain. They compromised and they fought for equality and unity. Dividing the Indians with a caste system didn't help the Untouchables. The Civil War was fought to unify people, not to keep everyone apart. Donald Trump didn't say in his victory speech at 3 AM that if you have a different opinion, then **** off. He called for unity. There are hundreds of more examples. Sure, there's checks and balances and division in our government, fifty different states, political boundaries, and more. But those things are created intentionally to keep people together in a different way. No, creating two separate servers is not a compromise. It's a foolish way of trying to solve division with division.

In essence, OP TMD is a counterproductive way of meeting the players' needs. It accomplishes nothing other than inflation and everything the reset was intended to solve. People on regular TMD are still not pleased. All that has been done is the owners have created a new game mode without paying any attention to the hundreds of other players trying to play on the better TMD. Please remove the OP TMD server and instead, bring compromises for all players.
    I know that you're trying to talk about compromises which is an excellent thing to do, but in my opinion, I don't see why all of us should start ranting as talking about compromises isn't going to help anything. What the players need are solutions, not others just ranting about compromises and how they effect players.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    The gamemodes are so different, that I don't really see a compromise.
    erm so I'm seeing one of the main issues here is that TMD and OPTMD are suffering from inflation (cashwise) because the money from OP is going to TMD. I know in the first posts about OP, it said there would be separate money balances. why not do that? then all the cash from OP stays on op,just like all the pains and riot armor

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    (sorry for double post, just making sure people know these are separate)
    I don't know who you do wars with, but wars now are based on skilled fighting and strategy. I don't pain but can 1v5 full riots at prison, so if I can you can too. and for the record, you could still use pains, they just wouldn't do much.
    I can give you screenshots when there's 80 people on TMD-1 and 50 on OP. Don't say there's not people. It's because whoever gets shot first dies so what's the point
    my team has been shot first and not died, so that statement isn't accurate. the point of a war is to fight people and get some loot. if your going to a war, expect to die, so when you die it's not a suprise. if you win, it's a nice thing you can tell people about.

POST-RESET:
    JLbWxVM.png

NEW SOLUTION:

48Df69h.png

WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING:
    RwmY6hv.png

I think your right, but even though the main servers are low on players now, maybe that will change as people quit playing op. I like TMD the way it is now, with real wars based on strategies, nerfed jugg, and a better map. the current players still play it because they like it, so don't change it.

Brqd

In my opinion (please don't give any hate) is that two game modes was the way to go. Like @_Nickk said the game modes are so different that if there was a compromise there would certainly be displeased players.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    In my opinion (please don't give any hate) is that two game modes was the way to go. Like @_Nickk said the game modes are so different that if there was a compromise there would certainly be displeased players.
    Agreed. If we only had one game type, every comprimise would upset half of the players. By having 2 gamemodes, every change doesn't affect everyone. So if something changed on OP TMD, and half of those players dislike it, it would be better than half of the whole server disliking something.
    (Has Hate in my hand) here, have some hate!
    XD your the reason threads get derailed jkjk

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    I know that you're trying to talk about compromises which is an excellent thing to do, but in my opinion, I don't see why all of us should start ranting as talking about compromises isn't going to help anything. What the players need are solutions, not others just ranting about compromises and how they effect players.

Well, I'm saying this now because I had already posted a thread about potential solutions to the problem. Apparently, no one bothered to read it and instead decided that opening an entirely different game mode was the solution.