• IP Copied!
  • To the staff, at least any who will read this

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Ok so I want to apply for staff, but the first thing I see on the application is "Skype Required". Well I don't have skype, nor do I know where to get it. So since I can't be staff, is there any other way I can help you guys out? I can be on the forums every day (a tad bit later on weekdays), I like helping new people, or old players, or whoever else needs assistance. If you could tell me what I can do other than the basic things like telling people coords, giving tps to safezones, donating food and gear, etc please let me know :)

~The Heli

[If someone could explain skype to me in a pm that would be great]

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    Ok so I want to apply for staff, but the first thing I see on the application is "Skype Required". Well I don't have skype, nor do I know where to get it. So since I can't be staff, is there any other way I can help you guys out? I can be on the forums every day (a tad bit later on weekdays), I like helping new people, or old players, or whoever else needs assistance. If you could tell me what I can do other than the basic things like telling people coords, giving tps to safezones, donating food and gear, etc please let me know :)

~The Heli

just download skype dude.
    https://www.skype.com/en/
    I don't suggest you bother, though. I sent an application in late august with no current response, and when I talked to JewishBagel about it a month and a half after he told me I was 50th on the applicants list.

:/ not fun, especially when I'm taking my time to help the server and they don't seem to care.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    We do care, trust me. :)
    Skype is required, and it is nice to have team speak.
    From my thought, your applications are always looked at though since we recently promoted some players, it won't be accepted or denied right away, it will take time and patience is required, something very handy to have. ;) I want to make this brief though I hope I provided enough information to answer your question.
    ~Katitude :p

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    We do care, trust me. :)
    Skype is required, and it is nice to have team speak.
    From my thought, your applications are always looked at though since we recently promoted some players, it won't be accepted or denied right away, it will take time and patience is required, something very handy to have. ;) I want to make this brief though I hope I provided enough information to answer your question.
    ~Katitude :p
    it was two weeks at first. Then a month.

It's been nearly THREE MONTHS.

Keep in mind we're not getting payed. We're doing this because we love the server and its players and want to oversee them to our best ability. I feel as if I could wait for seven years and get the same "patience is required! just wait until you die!".

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    just download skype dude.
    https://www.skype.com/en/
    I don't suggest you bother, though. I sent an application in late august with no current response, and when I talked to JewishBagel about it a month and a half after he told me I was 50th on the applicants list.

:/ not fun, especially when I'm taking my time to help the server and they don't seem to care.
    would calls work without having a microphone connected to my computer

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    Skype is really only used for group chat communication purposes. For example each section of staff has their own group chat for easy communication. (Admins, Sr Mods, Jr mods, Helpers, General staff etc...) It's your choice if you wanna talk or not. For that we use teamspeak which is optional.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    Skype is really only used for group chat communication purposes. For example each section of staff has their own group chat for easy communication. (Admins, Sr Mods, Jr mods, Helpers, General staff etc...) It's your choice if you wanna talk or not. For that we use teamspeak which is optional.
    ok thanks, that helps a lot :)

Redbommer

Mythical
    Redbommer
    Redbommer Redbommer

~The Heli

https://www.skype.com/en/download

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    it was two weeks at first. Then a month.

It's been nearly THREE MONTHS.

Keep in mind we're not getting payed. We're doing this because we love the server and its players and want to oversee them to our best ability. I feel as if I could wait for seven years and get the same "patience is required! just wait until you die!".
    Notice I haven't been responded to..

EriTheKoala

Mythical
    EriTheKoala
    EriTheKoala EriTheKoala
    Notice I haven't been responded to..
    they are busy best thing to do is wait. I'm mean not like _Nickk one of the owners will tell you he fixed a glitch so that you can now use something you paid for.But then it turns out he didn't he just sits there and doesn't respond... That 100% never happens................. @_Nickk

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    they are busy best thing to do is wait. I'm mean not like _Nickk one of the owners will tell you he fixed a glitch so that you can now use something you paid for.But then it turns out he didn't he just sits there and doesn't respond... That 100% never happens................. @_Nickk
    can't tell if this is sarcasm... maybe try rewording it? xD

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    is ts free?

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    They are, but my parents don't let me skype/TS with people I don't know IRL
    My mum opposes it heavily and doesn't consider people on the internet friends regardless on anything because they aren't in your town and they're just stranger you play killing games with; that's wrong to think imo.

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    My mum opposes it heavily and doesn't consider people on the internet friends regardless on anything because they aren't in your town and they're just stranger you play killing games with; that's wrong to think imo.

I actually met a freind that moved to Luxembourg online and my mom still thinks that Skype is bad

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    Same, even though she knows I have no friends irl, and feel more "alive" when I talk on the forums, because you guys have more in common with me than anyone I know. Knowing this, my mum still says "no" and when she does it makes me dead inside more than the day before XD.