• IP Copied!
  • Unban Options

What do you think of this idea?

• Yeah, they should add something like this!

Votes: 10 35.7%
    • No, I don't believe this is a good idea!

Votes: 17 60.7%
    • Meh...

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    Ya and you might aswell let them buy an unban instead of coming on alts and ban evading while hacking hardcore on us

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    No. I don’t agree with this at all. I agree exactly with @Katitude’s comment.

If you got banned, you obviously made a large and unforgivable lapse in judgement to which you don’t deserve coming back for.

trying to sound like logan paul buddy?

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    Ya and you might aswell let them buy an unban instead of coming on alts and ban evading while hacking hardcore on us
    Exactly. Offering the unban is a better option. Say someone pays $20 for an unban then they'll be more cautious of repeating what they did. But, if they're banned and have to wait months to be unbanned they're going to ban evade and hack more.

Kendrq

Famous
    Kendrq
    Kendrq Kendrq
    Good source of income for the server, sure. In my own opinion though, us mods would be wasting a lot of our time spectating/ss'ing kids to ban them if they're going to buy an unban 5 minutes later and immediately be back on the server. We volunteer on the server, we aren't making any type of profit off of what we do here. So players being able to pay the owners to disregard the work a mod has done to catch that player cheating feels like a slap in the face to me.
    As far as the point where "they'll think twice if they have to pay for it", that's false for those who have a lot of money to throw away. Let's face it, plenty of the people (even some of those arguing here) have spent quite a lot on the server. If someone will spend hundreds on ranks/crates, they won't bat their eyelashes at a $20 unban cost.
    Ultimately, it's not my server nor is it my decision, that's just my view on it.
    Anyways, feel free to continue this discussion, just keep it respectful guys. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, keep that in mind.

Pawndah

Mythical
    Pawndah
    Pawndah Pawndah
    Good source of income for the server, sure. In my own opinion though, us mods would be wasting a lot of our time spectating/ss'ing kids to ban them if they're going to buy an unban 5 minutes later and immediately be back on the server. We volunteer on the server, we aren't making any type of profit off of what we do here. So players being able to pay the owners to disregard the work a mod has done to catch that player cheating feels like a slap in the face to me.
    As far as the point where "they'll think twice if they have to pay for it", that's false for those who have a lot of money to throw away. Let's face it, plenty of the people (even some of those arguing here) have spent quite a lot on the server. If someone will spend hundreds on ranks/crates, they won't bat their eyelashes at a $20 unban cost.
    Ultimately, it's not my server nor is it my decision, that's just my view on it.
    Anyways, feel free to continue this discussion, just keep it respectful guys. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, keep that in mind.
    I respect what your saying here but your staff position isnt entitled to payment. You dont really choose to not do your job. SSing players / Spectating them is part of your job and if you want to complain about it quite frankly you shouldnt even be staff. I mean this with no disrespect but as a previous Staff Manager on Faithful i know what it takes to be a staff member. Being staff on there is double the work than being staff on havoc and i mean that still, with no disrespect. Players who cheated on there, yes, they bought unbans but there were staff to watch them and if they cheated again well so be it. They lost their $, and they received another ban. Simple as that.

Kendrq

Famous
    Kendrq
    Kendrq Kendrq
    I respect what your saying here but your staff position isnt entitled to payment. You dont really choose to not do your job. SSing players / Spectating them is part of your job and if you want to complain about it quite frankly you shouldnt even be staff. I mean this with no disrespect but as a previous Staff Manager on Faithful i know what it takes to be a staff member. Being staff on there is double the work than being staff on havoc and i mean that still, with no disrespect. Players who cheated on there, yes, they bought unbans but there were staff to watch them and if they cheated again well so be it. They lost their $, and they received another ban. Simple as that.
    I'm not saying that I'm entitled to payment, nor am I complaining about spectating/ss'ing players. I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say with my statements regarding that, because I volunteered to take this position with the full knowledge that there is no payment, and I continue to choose to stay in this position with that knowledge.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    Should the HavocMC buycraft store include a section to purchase Unbans?

Example:

(Hacking Bans)

1st Offence Hacking: $15
    2nd Offence Hacking: $25
    3rd Offence Hacking: $35

(Misc Bans)

1st Offence: $10
    2nd Offence: $15
    3rd Offence: $20
    I suggested this about a month or four ago to a few staff members as a joke... it didn't go over well. I say they shouldn't be added. Everyone is banned for a reason, if they think the ban was unfair or they want another chance to be a member in the community they can appeal. Banned players are lucky, most server only allow around five total appeals to a single punishment. Havoc allows them to appeal as many times as they like. The people banned have done the crime and should serve the time. As everyone already knows, I'm perm banned as of yesterday or the day before. I'm planning on serving my time. The only people who get appeals denied are people who haven't come to terms on what they did, they still aren't regretful to their actions, and complained about the bans and made stupid threads such as this one.

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    In addition, if you believe this is the case could you kindly explain why servers like Velt, Faithful, Arcane, MMC, etc all have unban options? Also consider that their 'hacker' base is remotely larger

Don't post this on forums, you gotta take it to the owners, contact them this idea, doing it on the forums will get all the aids lesser staff to respond so...

Also, don't take the helpers responses to heart, I quote from all staff
    "We have no power in the end game, it is all up to the owners, and we usually have little to no say".

Last edited:

SSSoupy

Champion
    SSSoupy
    SSSoupy SSSoupy
    I think this is a smart idea. However, I believe that adding a time limit before they could purchase an unban, say a week or so, would make it so they can't just be back on the server 5 minutes after being banned.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    I think this is a smart idea. However, I believe that adding a time limit before they could purchase an unban, say a week or so, would make it so they can't just be back on the server 5 minutes after being banned.
    So basically a week cool down from being banned... that's a good idea but I'm still standing with what I said.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    more people would hack if they thought they could just pay if they are caught and come back. Don't like this idea bc it basically encourages hacking.

Don't care about the chat or toxic ppl- let them pay, but the hackers should stay perm banned. I don't know why they let ppl come back if they hack anyways… If you hack you shouldn't be allowed on again, period.

Pawndah

Mythical
    Pawndah
    Pawndah Pawndah
    After that we should start selling staff ranks!
    seems as if your already against the idea. Considering that your a sr. mod and have no server side management experience let me repeat what everyone has been saying in this post to this point. Purchasing an unban brings the server profit. It gives people another chance. Go ahead say, "well thats why theres an appeal section..." Well what if you know deep down you wont make that mistake again? Is it a staff members job to monitor that player? Or is it their job to just continue banning hackers / rule violators? Everyones complaining about 'going against EULA' etc and honestly to this point your basically just throwing away all the good ideas because you just flat out dont want to hear them. Im saying this with 0 disrespect but quite frankly you have remotely 0 server-side management thinking ideas. Your shutting ideas out because you personally dont want them implemented and you'd like for the players to be under the era that 'once your banned the only way your getting unbanned is for you to appeal' then go ahead to make a section in the forums about "ideas/suggestions" and blow away all the good ones. Once again, I say this with no disrespect but consider being more prune to these ideas the players of the community spur.

Pawndah

Mythical
    Pawndah
    Pawndah Pawndah
    more people would hack if they thought they could just pay if they are caught and come back. Don't like this idea bc it basically encourages hacking.

Don't care about the chat or toxic ppl- let them pay, but the hackers should stay perm banned. I don't know why they let ppl come back if they hack anyways… If you hack you shouldn't be allowed on again, period.
    Alright, let me put this in a more theoretical situation for you. HCF (hard core factions) one of the most populated servers filled with hackers. I for one worked as Manager for FaithfulMC one of the top 3 HCF servers to this date. Hackers were the biggest problem to date and still are... does that mean they keep them perm banned? No. They use that to their advantage and allow them to come back with unbans. Why? Why would they do that? Because their thinking money wise / economic wise for the server and even in a ****ty way for the players (lowkey) but at the end of the day their over populated. You should really consider joining other servers and looking into their community to realize how other servers work then come and shed your opinion on it. (No disrespect)

Kind Regards
    - pawndah

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    @Pawndah pls just take this to the owners the forums are utter aids you have to convince them, a idea like this only would take influence from admins and above

Status
    Not open for further replies.