Votes: 19 79.2%
    • NO

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694
    So here we are again trying our best to decipher what exactly we can do to try and improve the community, ourselves, while at the same time trying to keep peace among all members.

So the question is would everyone be comfortable with updating our server to 1.9.2+?

Now over the past few years everyone has had there take on this subject of matter but for those who don't pay that close of attention to how this works is basically as of now our server runs 1.8 which many players prefer and some of our developers prefer and I am not saying they are wrong or anything we are just trying to get some information. I'm a builder so Im happy either way, just give me a plot and some blocks and like a 2 year old in daycare im at peace (for the most part).

So 1.8 has been our home platform for a long time and while yes it does have better pvp mechanics over then that of 1.9, but 1.9 offers more as well such as shields I think and some fun things we could use to help improve player activity.

We know some of you guys use older computers or prefer to run 1.8 but again this is just a simple poll that doesn't really mean anything as of now just to see where we all stand, but how many of you would like to see us at least update to 1.9 which means if you use 1.8 or lower you sadly cant connect to the server.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    If you're legit about adding bases, 1.9+ would be perfect bc then y'all would be able to have more variety in blocks, plus like, maybe base-specific blocks, idk

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    I'll be always looking for new possibilities. Now, more than never where pvp and pve got separate worlds. I'd vote for a 1.13 if we could.

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    I think that 1.9+ from a gameplay standpoint would be INCREDIBLY good.

But you have to remember that fragile community of certain individuals that riot at the thought of making the gameplay new and dynamic. They’d throw hissy fits.

AAAAAA tmd was made for Jugg&Pains and NOT a expansive zombie apocalypse like it’s advertised to be AAAAAA

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    >>oh no, they want to add more things to do, give us old TMD ATLANTA 1.7 FFS WE KNOW WAT BEST
    >>gives all of that back
    >>OH GOD THIS SERVER IS SO RUINED NO ONE PLAYS THAT UNPLAYABLE OLD BROKEN THING F*CK U

havoc:
    surprise-pikachu-meme-000-original-blank.png

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    >>oh no, they want to add more things to do, give us old TMD ATLANTA 1.7 FFS WE KNOW WAT BEST
    >>gives all of that back
    >>OH GOD THIS SERVER IS SO RUINED NO ONE PLAYS THAT UNPLAYABLE OLD BROKEN THING F*CK U

havoc:
    Actually chuckled.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    >>gives all of that back

havoc:
    They're all just r/choosingbeggers

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    ultimately the question you need to ask is what does the server stand to lose by updating. Are we okay with losing those things? Once you figure that out ask agian do we want to update. Because frankly 1.9 isnt popular and it isnt going away. At the same time people like the feel of up to date and whats more eventually we will reach a point of no return, where updating means essentially remaking the server.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    >>gives all of that back

havoc:
    Word. That is 100% accurate (i laughed too)

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    TMD is not a pvp server any more. Its as simple as that. Update see what happens see the reaction. Then look at the player count see it rise.

Runkelpokk

1.8 has more hacks/weird things
    For example the invisible player bug which sometimes happen on tmd is causes by the 1.8base version
    Update to 1.9+

No brainer :)

If only 1.14 was out.. all of the new slabs, stairs, and walls. It’s a builders heaven
    a update to 1.13 or 1.14 would coast many resources in the development cause a lot code changes and all tmd plugins would need to be updated
    or reworked which is a ton of work and would coast a lot of time

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Honestly, at this point, if your snail of a computer can't run over 1.8 you really need to stop playing minecraft.. 1.14 is right around the corner, and it's really time to get the ball rolling. Havoc is already changing drastically (and surprisingly for the better), so I think we should try out updating for a bit.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Honestly, at this point, if your snail of a computer can't run over 1.8 you really need to stop playing minecraft.. 1.14 is right around the corner, and it's really time to get the ball rolling. Havoc is already changing drastically (and surprisingly for the better), so I think we should try out updating for a bit.
    Not to mention the countless mods to optimize the game, plus recent optimizations added to updates. Also Cat will like this response.