• IP Copied!
  • [Discussion Topic] EULA PvP - Playstyle & Toxicity

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Ladies and Gents this is going to be a sore subject for some of you, and a welcome one for others.

With the EULA update on us, we've noticed a bit on the playstyle front. The meta has changed. A lot. For those of you who don't know, meds have been DRASTICALLY nerfed on a pvp stance. To use them you have to keep your hand on the item and you cannot move while applying the medical item - items have a few seconds of application time now. In addition, all armor/damage/health values have been doubled. You have 20 hearts and guns do double damage. Logistically the same, but meds now are half as effective. So what does this change?

I'm going to reference [this] post I made a week or two ago on what I think jugg/pains has done to PvP. I defined the combo as Broken because it makes all other PvP options unviable, making the meta very single minded. That's bad. I'm going to look at this from a punishment/reward stance. Good game design to a part can look like this; If you make a good or successfully risky decision, the game rewards you. If you make a reckless or bad one, the game punishes you. In Mario Odyssey, if you hit a wall midair you "bonk", stunning you for a long time. This is the game punishing you for not being careful or for bad parkour. If you get over a long gap or up a tall wall using the parkour movement the game gives you perfectly, there's usually a reward of a Moon or coins.

Lets apply these concepts to TMD. Lets say you're a naked against a full jugg in the old style. Well, the risk is very high for the naked, the Jugg has much more to loose. If the naked successfully kills the Jugg, the reward is MUCH higher, and the punishment for the jugg being reckless and inattentive is pretty bad. If the Jugg kills the naked, the naked doesn't loose much, so the punishment isn't that bad, and the reward for the Jugg is minimal. But that's where the pains come in. If the naked has a barrett and successfully lands two consecutive shots the Jugg will be in a bad spot. He let someone who dies in one shot get him really close to death. The punishment is about to hit, and the naked is about to get a HUGE reward for outplaying the Jugg. But the Jugg can start mashing pains and survive pretty easily. The naked gets robbed of their reward and gets punished simply because the Jugg had a single stack of pains.

A single item has changed how we approach the game.

I'm going to shift gears. So if that's the case, why do people like it so much? And why is Toxicity mentioned in the title of this thread? Well, if the entire meta is based on a single playstyle, it doesn't open up many options. Chokepoints in front of safezones like Berx & other safezones form pretty quick. This creates an elitist mindset - those who have the resources to play in jugg wars are the cool guys, usually high ranks who get halfsets for free. Those who don't get killed off easily and are brushed off as randos. This elitist mindset is what gets to me. I play with the mindset of "who cares how good I am, I'm having fun, aren't I?". This is hard when people call you bad for losing (or even sometimes winning) in a "war."

What the cancerous Jugg users don't realize is they've choked the game down to a single playstyle with little chance for punishment. The room for new players is very low; they aren't going to have the resources to get full jugg like you do, so they don't really get to play. THATS why you think the server is dying. It's not attracting new players, and the Elites are doing dumb things that get themselves banned.

I'm going to rephrase that so it sticks better. Jugg & Pains are what killed TMD, not the changes. Gameplay gets stagnant if all you allow is one playstyle. With this new glass-cannon style (kill easy die easy) new playstyles can surface. Hunters. Snipers. Medics. Melee Artists. And yes, the original Tanks can still exist, they just have the chance of being punished for being too careless with who they let shoot them.

or if you're an elitist, classic is coming. you can do that.

PS: I use OG as an insult. I've been around the block and have what i consider decent stats. But i sure as hell am not one of these cancerous OGs who goes around naysaying everything they don't agree with.

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Captain_Furno Captain_Furno
    So what happens when
    meds have been DRASTICALLY nerfed on a pvp stance

As soon as I log on after the update, I noticed a pattern:

People like me (that just do /play and hunt from there /or\ don't care for wars or losing) highly agreed to the update. Like me, we all agreed that with the new update, it takes actual skill and strategy along with some tactics. This is the realism of TMD, because in the real world, you can never take 64 bottles of painkillers without surviving one full bottle of those cancerous pills [I talked about that in an earlier thread of mine]. We were annoyed by people who claim they have "skill" and all they do is spam painkillers after every shot; people who jump out of Berx with riot or jugg and taunt people to fight them, then say "ez" or "noob."

For a moment, it had seemed like the people with the most pains had the upper hand. They had ruled the server. It didn't take actual skill that those "PvP gods" had claimed they had.

So, then the update came.

"This sucks!" "Worst update ever!" "I'm quitting!" These are the words of those said gods; the people that jump off of Berx with Jugg and legit feed on painkillers. Now, they realized that they don't have the upper hand. Even without painkillers, those people with full jugg has a somewhat even chance with someone in riot.

In short: to them, PvPing wasn't about placing shots or taking cover or strategy... it was about painkillers. And we've stripped them of that.

Hallelujah!

twd_maggie

Titan
    twd_maggie
    twd_maggie twd_maggie
    So what happens when

People like me (that just do /play and hunt from there /or\ don't care for wars or losing) highly agreed to the update. Like me, we all agreed that with the new update, it takes actual skill and strategy along with some tactics. This is the realism of TMD, because in the real world, you can never take 64 bottles of painkillers without surviving one full bottle of those cancerous pills [I talked about that in an earlier thread of mine]. We were annoyed by people who claim they have "skill" and all they do is spam painkillers after every shot; people who jump out of Berx with riot or jugg and taunt people to fight them, then say "ez" or "noob."

For a moment, it had seemed like the people with the most pains had the upper hand. They had ruled the server. It didn't take actual skill that those "PvP gods" had claimed they had.

"This sucks!" "Worst update ever!" "I'm quitting!" These are the words of those said gods; the people that jump off of Berx with Jugg and legit feed on painkillers. Now, they realized that they don't have the upper hand. Even without painkillers, those people with full jugg has a somewhat even chance with someone in riot.

In short: to them, PvPing wasn't about placing shots or taking cover or strategy... it was about painkillers. And we've stripped them of that.

Hallelujah!
    i bet you're a trump supporter

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    So what happens when

Hallelujah!
    Ladies and Gents this is going to be a sore subject for some of you, and a welcome one for others.

With the EULA update on us, we've noticed a bit on the playstyle front. The meta has changed. A lot. For those of you who don't know, meds have been DRASTICALLY nerfed on a pvp stance. To use them you have to keep your hand on the item and you cannot move while applying the medical item - items have a few seconds of application time now. In addition, all armor/damage/health values have been doubled. You have 20 hearts and guns do double damage. Logistically the same, but meds now are half as effective. So what does this change?

I'm going to reference [this] post I made a week or two ago on what I think jugg/pains has done to PvP. I defined the combo as Broken because it makes all other PvP options unviable, making the meta very single minded. That's bad. I'm going to look at this from a punishment/reward stance. Good game design to a part can look like this; If you make a good or successfully risky decision, the game rewards you. If you make a reckless or bad one, the game punishes you. In Mario Odyssey, if you hit a wall midair you "bonk", stunning you for a long time. This is the game punishing you for not being careful or for bad parkour. If you get over a long gap or up a tall wall using the parkour movement the game gives you perfectly, there's usually a reward of a Moon or coins.

Lets apply these concepts to TMD. Lets say you're a naked against a full jugg in the old style. Well, the risk is very high for the naked, the Jugg has much more to loose. If the naked successfully kills the Jugg, the reward is MUCH higher, and the punishment for the jugg being reckless and inattentive is pretty bad. If the Jugg kills the naked, the naked doesn't loose much, so the punishment isn't that bad, and the reward for the Jugg is minimal. But that's where the pains come in. If the naked has a barrett and successfully lands two consecutive shots the Jugg will be in a bad spot. He let someone who dies in one shot get him really close to death. The punishment is about to hit, and the naked is about to get a HUGE reward for outplaying the Jugg. But the Jugg can start mashing pains and survive pretty easily. The naked gets robbed of their reward and gets punished simply because the Jugg had a single stack of pains.

A single item has changed how we approach the game.

I'm going to shift gears. So if that's the case, why do people like it so much? And why is Toxicity mentioned in the title of this thread? Well, if the entire meta is based on a single playstyle, it doesn't open up many options. Chokepoints in front of safezones like Berx & other safezones form pretty quick. This creates an elitist mindset - those who have the resources to play in jugg wars are the cool guys, usually high ranks who get halfsets for free. Those who don't get killed off easily and are brushed off as randos. This elitist mindset is what gets to me. I play with the mindset of "who cares how good I am, I'm having fun, aren't I?". This is hard when people call you bad for losing (or even sometimes winning) in a "war."

What the cancerous Jugg users don't realize is they've choked the game down to a single playstyle with little chance for punishment. The room for new players is very low; they aren't going to have the resources to get full jugg like you do, so they don't really get to play. THATS why you think the server is dying. It's not attracting new players, and the Elites are doing dumb things that get themselves banned.

I'm going to rephrase that so it sticks better. Jugg & Pains are what killed TMD, not the changes. Gameplay gets stagnant if all you allow is one playstyle. With this new glass-cannon style (kill easy die easy) new playstyles can surface. Hunters. Snipers. Medics. Melee Artists. And yes, the original Tanks can still exist, they just have the chance of being punished for being too careless with who they let shoot them.

or if you're an elitist, classic is coming. you can do that.

PS: I use OG as an insult. I've been around the block and have what i consider decent stats. But i sure as hell am not one of these cancerous OGs who goes around naysaying everything they don't agree with.

hell yes. i never said it in as many words but i agree entirely. this is a new era for the mining dead. already ive seen a couple new names fighting it out and having a good time... some one with 0 kills 0 deaths and 2 walker kills damn near killed me. thats the way it should be. fear every corner :) painkiller spam has ended and the kings have lost their castle (or at least its been relocated to tmd-classic) the server belongs to the thinkers now. any new player can spawn in Atlanta find a barret and 86 someone thats been playing for years. this update really screwed up the pvp system for some people, but for everyone else, and everyone that joins, we are all on a even field.

to all those that relied on pains there is no safe harbor, the "randos" are coming and together we pack some serious heat *****s gun* prepare to be dethroned your time is up.

Incineration

Mythical
    Incineration
    Incineration Incineration
    So what happens when

Hallelujah!

See. this is what most new time players dont get. TMD in the summer of 16 (or TMD in general) was TMD BECAUSE OF PAINS. If you dont like pain killers, switch to tmd-2 lmao

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    I mean I think the updates contributed to A LOT why people left. Not because of the changes, per say, but because a lot of things were broken and took forever to get fixed (ex- barbed wire, bikes, etc).

People see a server that doesn’t fix glitches fast and doesn’t run smoothly and don’t want to play. Some of those bugs made gameplay difficult. Factor in pvp being tweaked very often so people had to change how they played all the time. People just don’t like change. I personally didn’t care about jug or pains, but a lot of people did.

Another thing I think that had a huge impact was when they did a reset and everyone lost all their progress completely. Players who had been playing for years lost absolutely everything. This pissed a lot of people off.

You can say it’s jug and pains, but I don’t think that’s the whole story. Does it contribute? Sure. But the buggy updates that made playing just frustrating caused too.

Lastly, without going into too much detail, I think the community also drives people away. It’s so negative and toxic. Players act like *******s to everyone and some staff are completely biased and don’t care.

One time a former staff was baiting chat on discord and trying to instigate fights with several people. I went to a staff member for help and they told me it’s my fault for reacting to him trying to start drama. It’s just an example of how staff are biased and literally won’t help you even if you ask for it. It’s not true for all staff, ofc, but when players go to staff and ask for help without being spammy and annoying, it kinda makes it not fun to play when they refuse to help and then blame a situation on you- even when you go to the them to try to stop the situation.

I know I play a lot less than before, and it has nothing to do with pains. In the past it was because things always were broken and now it’s because I don’t trust staff will help me and the community is a cesspool of bullsht.

Bristly

While this is good in the sense that it makes TMD more realistic due to not being able to chug pains etc, it wouldn’t have been a problem had the server always been like that. So many players including myself got used to using and spamming pains etc which was the pvp model for a good couple of years. Here’s an analogy for the reasons why most players are pissed. Let’s say one day u get into Harvard; the top Ivy League school. After 2 years of attending, the school is no longer an Ivy League and becomes the equivalent of a mediocre school. Of course your gonna be upset because you put in so much time and effort to be part of that Ivy League when u didn’t even need to put half of it to get into the new mediocre Harvard. If you take something away that’s been on TMD for almost forever, more than a few people are gonna be upset. Anyways I’m done ranting, this shouldn’t be a problem once classic tmd is back so pce.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    i bet you're a trump supporter
    what is your problem?
    See. this is what most new time players dont get. TMD in the summer of 16 (or TMD in general) was TMD BECAUSE OF PAINS. If you dont like pain killers, switch to tmd-2 lmao
    Actually this new update will make the server more like that. These new players will slowly become better and better and integrate into the rest of the player base and the cycle will repeat. This is a new time for the server that will bring those days BACK

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    This thread is something too early to discuss or complain about, the EULA just came out and plebs really need to give it some time. I know that other servers had to shut down due to the EULA update, so TMD is generally lucky and decided to keep the servers running(appreciate that). If you still feel that the server is incapable in filling your pleasures of you once had, please go ahead and jump onto Exo's server until TMD Classic is up and running. If you don't like his server, then go play fortnite and PUBG until that gets boring.
    Another thing about this bad and stale current PVP meta, anyone who knows how to handgasm can tank/spam pains...which really does not equate or compare in skill to someone who knows how to combo or have a capability to land shots onto an opponent.