• IP Copied!
  • General News

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    Bivgew0.jpg
    Hey all,

A lot has happened over the past two days, enough to warrant an update so I think I'll just jump straight into it.

Beta Testers
    Suggested by @mindblaster007 , We have decided to build a team of beta testers consisting of around 8 to 10 players from different groups of the server. The main role of this team is to spot issues that the staff won't be able to spot whilst trying out new updates and gamemodes. This means spotting bugs, finding out whether things need to be nerfed or buffed, suggesting ideas, etc.

We're looking for a bit of everything so we'd like OG's, roleplayers, new players, etc. Basically, we're looking for variety so that when we finalise the update, people of most groups are happy with the result. Applications will include more details and will be released soon next to the builder and helper applications so be on the lookout for that.

Minewars
    This news is going to upset some people but I think it's better to announce it rather than leading people on and consistently letting them down. Minewars will not be returning. It is no longer profitable therefore returning it would have a negative effect on our time, money, and resources which can be spent creating and developing new things. Also with the exception of @MichaelSteve the current build team has no interest in building for Minewars, this would lead to sloppy building and we strive to create the best maps. We are sorry that it has come to this and the way it has been handled in the past has been nothing short of messy. This will not happen in the future and again I apologise.

Hellnight
    Not exactly a lot to report here but I think it's worth mentioning that this will be worked on next after this TMD update. We plan to bring multiple maps and feel it should become its own thing rather than a fast-paced version of TMD. Stay tuned for more news about the future of Hellnight.

Resource Pack News
    Two very exciting things are happening with the resource pack for TMD.

Firstly, @Rejante is working on a more HQ version of the current TMD resource pack. This only means the models and you can follow his progress on the art section of our discord.

Secondly, @JBentley694 has been working on an autumn version of the TMD pack. It should be out very soon and he will be working on a winter one after that. Click here to see a few screenshots of what it looks like.

Before I end this post I want to thank you for the overwhelming positive feedback on Fridays post. I would also like to thank you for the support you have given me. I want you all to know that change will take time but I assure you it will happen. Mapmaker is to be discussed soon so fans of that should keep an eye out. Once we iron out our current game modes, we can then look towards creating brand new ones.

That's all for now. Be sure to check back soon for more updates.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    Bivgew0.jpg
    Hey all,

A lot has happened over the past two days, enough to warrant an update so I think I'll just jump straight into it.

Beta Testers
    Suggested by @mindblaster007 , We have decided to build a team of beta testers consisting of around 8 to 10 players from different groups of the server. The main role of this team is to spot issues that the staff won't be able to spot whilst trying out new updates and gamemodes. This means spotting bugs, finding out whether things need to be nerfed or buffed, suggesting ideas, etc.

We're looking for a bit of everything so we'd like OG's, roleplayers, new players, etc. Basically, we're looking for variety so that when we finalise the update, people of most groups are happy with the result. Applications will include more details and will be released soon next to the builder and helper applications so be on the lookout for that.

Minewars
    This news is going to upset some people but I think it's better to announce it rather than leading people on and consistently letting them down. Minewars will not be returning. It is no longer profitable therefore returning it would have a negative effect on our time, money, and resources which can be spent creating and developing new things. Also with the exception of @MichaelSteve the current build team has no interest in building for Minewars, this would lead to sloppy building and we strive to create the best maps. We are sorry that it has come to this and the way it has been handled in the past has been nothing short of messy. This will not happen in the future and again I apologise.

Hellnight
    Not exactly a lot to report here but I think it's worth mentioning that this will be worked on next after this TMD update. We plan to bring multiple maps and feel it should become its own thing rather than a fast-paced version of TMD. Stay tuned for more news about the future of Hellnight.

Resource Pack News

Firstly, @Rejante is working on a more HQ version of the current TMD resource pack. This only means the models and you can follow his progress on the art section of our discord.

Secondly, @JBentley694 has been working on an autumn version of the TMD pack. It should be out very soon and he will be working on a winter one after that. Click here to see a few screenshots of what it looks like.

Before I end this post I want to thank you for the overwhelming positive feedback on Fridays post. I would also like to thank you for the support you have given me. I want you all to know that change will take time but I assure you it will happen. Mapmaker is to be discussed soon so fans of that should keep an eye out. Once we iron out our current game modes, we can then look towards creating brand new ones.

All of it sounds extremely good!!!! I'm just a bit bummed, like a few others, that MineWars won't be returning.

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    Bivgew0.jpg
    Hey all,

Beta Testers

Minewars

Hellnight

Resource Pack News

I and I'm sure everyone else appreciates the honesty about minewars. Its always better to be honest and tell it how it is. It's the only way to accept it and move on. For some that means leaving, while others will take solace in the other gamemodes. Either way, at least we know.

Aside from the sad news about minewars, this is yet another great bit of news. Thank you @Kyritic for showing what a good community manager looks like.
    -general

DragonDefenders

Mythical
    DragonDefenders
    DragonDefenders DragonDefenders
    Can I be a Beta-Tester ;)
    Also if you you are removing MineWars maybe give more perks for rankers and non-rankers??

Last edited:

Saesee_Tiin

Saesee_Tiin
    Saesee_Tiin Saesee_Tiin
    Bivgew0.jpg
    Hey all,

Beta Testers

Minewars

Hellnight

Resource Pack News

Yall gonna refund us for our mw purchases then? As you lied about everything that had to do with mw.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    We could either handpick these beta-testers...or have it an open beta...

Either way, many people before BlasterKiddo have suggested many times there need to be beta-testers.

One Step Forward.

Let's go.

Oh yeah, and name this stuff Community Newsletters or something...

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    We could either handpick these beta-testers...or have it an open beta...

Either way, many people before BlasterKiddo have suggested many times there need to be beta-testers.

One Step Forward.

Let's go.

Oh yeah, and name this stuff Community Newsletters or something...
    I suggested it like over ten times before. When I found out that Kyritic became our new Community Manager and was open to suggestions I PMed him ASAP with the idea and went into detail about it. I never said it was originally my idea...

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    I suggested it like over ten times before. When I found out that Kyritic became our new Community Manager and was open to suggestions I PMed him ASAP with the idea and went into detail about it. I never said it was originally my idea...

People have been suggesting beta testing for years. I remember people talking about it 2 years ago. But still glad “your” suggestion is being worked into the server.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    People have been suggesting beta testing for years. I remember people talking about it 2 years ago. But still glad “your” suggestion is being worked into the server.
    Again, I never said it was my suggestion. I just saw that he was open to talking about suggestions, ideas, and problems with the server. I gave him this community-made suggestion as well as other things I thought could help. We sent messages back and forth about adding BTs and how they would work. It eventually worked its way to the Owners and they approved the idea. I guess I'm sorry that I suggested and explained the idea/suggestion to him and tried to help out the server.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    Again, I never said it was my suggestion. I just saw that he was open to talking about suggestions, ideas, and problems with the server. I gave him this community-made suggestion as well as other things I thought could help. We sent messages back and forth about adding BTs and how they would work. It eventually worked its way to the Owners and they approved the idea. I guess I'm sorry that I suggested and explained the idea/suggestion to him and tried to help out the server.

Nah I’m genuinely happy they finally listened

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    A Community Manger who takes his role seriously and is actually doing stuff for the server? There's hope after all. Guess I better adopt that growth mindset yaknowimsayin???

Anyhoo, I would love to apply for Beta Tester.
    might even reapply for staff who knows
    And hopefully suggestions will be taken more seriously. I've certainly got some!