• IP Copied!
  • HavocMC and its future :)

Shredder_Playz
    Shredder_Playz Shredder_Playz
    Why is this still a thing here? If we truly want some changes we've gotta focus into real points and not onto these straw man fallacies.
    How could they not care if the last TMD updates were all about pvp, which is basically what og's have been whining about since ever? And by ogs I mean like 10-15 of them, cause that's an in-forums number, pretty low numbers to be considered as solid information based on the max players online. If the updates were broadly announced in-game and calling EVERYONE to share they thoughts (in a google forms), maybe the outcome would be different.
    How could they not care if they're putting so much effort updating Mine Wars, when it's crystal clear that this will mostly benefit a minor portion of the server? It's obvious that TMD is the most played server, if they did not care (or 'only wanted money') they'd end it all of the other games.
    Why da heck are they even trying to update and posting in forums and making polls if they don't care? You gotta realize that

>> They don't care
    >> They try but are obviously falling due to the low percentage of it's own community feedback + inner administration problems + TWD miserably failing in its ratings etc etc

So, if you really wanna change, drop it this hate stuff and start building over some solid arguments. Yeah many haters might go along this but its a flymsy one that could potentially end in another misleading update objective, this time ending it all for real.

You are totally right... the server owners work so hard on updates and bringing new content and people say they aren’t active. It’s honestly getting annoying... they say the build team doesn’t do there job there lazy, they say the staff is lazy and is never on, and they say the owners don’t care and are never around. All of these are untrue. The staff is active all the time, but the reality is that we don’t have enough staff. The little staff we have is active all the time. What we really need is more staff. The build team is so active it’s not really funny. I mean if I logged my hours you guys would probably say I have no life. I build every day unless there’s no possible way I can. Sure some weeks are just crazy, we are all humans, and I barely get to build. An average day is atleast 3-5 hours building and a good day is anywhere from 4-6 to 6-7 hours of building. Also we don’t have a big build team, so I would incourage anyone who wants to be a builder to apply. Lastly the owners, yes the owners are extremely active and are working so hard for all the updates.

I just want to compliment you on your post! You kept it calm not tossing blame on other people and over all just a good post! You know how to deal with people trying to start an argument and just calm the situation. Well aswell as you can. :)

Shredder_Playz
    I think the forums understand that, no need to beat a dead horse.. I feel like we as a community could have a better impact on the server if we put our energy towards actually trying to make reform happen (persuading the owners, advertising, etc etc) rather than bashing the Staff and the Owners 24/7. That's all I've seen on these forums, mostly. Now, I'm not saying I'm not guilty of saying my fair share of offensive things about the owners, I recognize that, but there's really only so much the community can take, ya know? So. Why don't we bury this horse, and figure out more productive ways of bettering Havoc? Who's with me =^•^=

I agree! I mean not to be mean at all that’s not my intentions, but I’ve been with the owners the whole time If you get what I mean. ;)

Advertising is a big part of making a server popular. I mean think about it (this is a bit exaggerated but I’ll get what I mean) if Minecraft was never advertised no one would know about it. Yes, I think players can take advertising in to there own hands, but at a controlled level (Twitter or Facebook fan pages are good, but never do something like “the official” Havocmc twitter page. Just don’t impersonation).

Edit: accidentally posted haha! But just to finish what I was saying! The owners do have a plan, a strategy, whatever you want to call it. They aren’t amateurs they have been doing this for many years and have made a lot of progress. I agree with what you said this was not to start an argument just thought I’d say it! So I’m mostly on your side!!!! :)

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    Ty, Shredder! I guess we're all on the same boat, no need to sink it just for the sake of 'internets' stuff. I got called a 'random' (as if it was even an insult) by someone who needs the whole staff team just passively listening and complying to everything he says. I'm so surprised :D

I have not a single doubt the amount of work you builders have. I mean, I got shocked when I saw the Mall, the Junkyard. It's ridiculous the amount of work you guys put in this server, theres absolutely no doubt about it. The thing these haters might bite is the common sense of something along the lines "I can't see it, so it's probably not there". No one can deny all the work builders had all these years.
    But what players can't see is all the work you guys (not only builders but the whole staff) have in the backstage: scheduling tasks, brainstorming solutions, all the coding behind it, not easy. My tickets history is humungus, from things like bug reports to cheating/ ingame toxicity. I've always been answered (props to kaitute patience when I got bugged inside a tank and lost all my items :p), every single damn ticket. How could the staff "not care"?

What we really ask if for a better community feedback; I know all the stuff you gotta deal with it, I was a mod in a quake-tf based forum, it was pure madness dealing with toxicity, informations and so on. Unfortunately that's whats been lacking, this is something I've never actively seen around here (forums). Sometimes some rumors come from ingame staff talking at /shout, others come from the discord channel, but this is the main channel, everything is recorded, ordered by date and time.
    Also, sometimes we'd ask ingame staff about something and we'd get replied that they were asked to keep it secret, this builds up so much hype which can lead to tons of hate when it's not 'catered' towards some people.
    If these posts Kati has been creating, all the polls, google forms and stuff were widely spread way (for at least 90% of the active players, who have never logged in the forums) before the chaotic update we would've probably avoided (or forseen) such consequences.

But it's done, we, as a community, can clearly follow two paths: to be responsible with our acts and things we say towards the game/playerbase or bash against it with the "users X staff" nonsense. Props for those who clearly are trying to stick with the first option.

I've been pretty upset with the lack of some stuff before but that was before we've been sorting out all this coms issues. But I'm totally in to any kind of feedback/test that could help the game mechanics :)

Shredder_Playz
    Ty, Shredder! I guess we're all on the same boat, no need to sink it just for the sake of 'internets' stuff. I got called a 'random' (as if it was even an insult) by someone who needs the whole staff team just passively listening and complying to everything he says. I'm so surprised :D

I have not a single doubt the amount of work you builders have. I mean, I got shocked when I saw the Mall, the Junkyard. It's ridiculous the amount of work you guys put in this server, theres absolutely no doubt about it. The thing these haters might bite is the common sense of something along the lines "I can't see it, so it's probably not there". No one can deny all the work builders had all these years.
    But what players can't see is all the work you guys (not only builders but the whole staff) have in the backstage: scheduling tasks, brainstorming solutions, all the coding behind it, not easy. My tickets history is humungus, from things like bug reports to cheating/ ingame toxicity. I've always been answered (props to kaitute patience when I got bugged inside a tank and lost all my items :p), every single damn ticket. How could the staff "not care"?

What we really ask if for a better community feedback; I know all the stuff you gotta deal with it, I was a mod in a quake-tf based forum, it was pure madness dealing with toxicity, informations and so on. Unfortunately that's whats been lacking, this is something I've never actively seen around here (forums). Sometimes some rumors come from ingame staff talking at /shout, others come from the discord channel, but this is the main channel, everything is recorded, ordered by date and time.
    Also, sometimes we'd ask ingame staff about something and we'd get replied that they were asked to keep it secret, this builds up so much hype which can lead to tons of hate when it's not 'catered' towards some people.
    If these posts Kati has been creating, all the polls, google forms and stuff were widely spread way (for at least 90% of the active players, who have never logged in the forums) before the chaotic update we would've probably avoided (or forseen) such consequences.

But it's done, we, as a community, can clearly follow two paths: to be responsible with our acts and things we say towards the game/playerbase or bash against it with the "users X staff" nonsense. Props for those who clearly are trying to stick with the first option.

I've been pretty upset with the lack of some stuff before but that was before we've been sorting out all this coms issues. But I'm totally in to any kind of feedback/test that could help the game mechanics :)

That was great. Really well put. Like you said community has a huge role in a server. I know we have had a lot of post about needing to change the community, and we totally do need to change and be more supportive. I wish we would release more info just to keep players hyped and still looking forward to the update. Have you ever thought of applying for a role on staff? :) thanks for being all cool and not just blowing off on the staff or other players! :)

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    If we had more people who could actually provide good ideas, along with those who have influence on a higher scale, I'll bet yer **** things would get done. MineWars is on the way because of the hard work of the Builders, who've been busting their butts to finish it. All this Owner bashing has become old, and is accomplishing nothing.

So, I'll call Yove out specifically; instead of just providing everything wrong with the server (as you usually do), why don't you provide some constructive criticism, phrased in a way that's not your usual complaining. Provide examples/ways to actually implement your change. "PvP sucks, fix it!" doesn't count. Now, I hate to be so direct (and honestly a bit rude), but you really need to change your attitude...

Shredder_Playz
    If we had more people who could actually provide good ideas, along with those who have influence on a higher scale, I'll bet yer **** things would get done. MineWars is on the way because of the hard work of the Builders, who've been busting their butts to finish it. All this Owner bashing has become old, and is accomplishing nothing.

So, I'll call Yove out specifically; instead of just providing everything wrong with the server (as you usually do), why don't you provide some constructive criticism, phrased in a way that's not your usual complaining. Provide examples/ways to actually implement your change. "PvP sucks, fix it!" doesn't count. Now, I hate to be so direct (and honestly a bit rude), but you really need to change your attitude...

Agreed! I actually have been trying to go on to MW (I also may just make a forum page for it) and ask the players what they want in an update. Now most players did the tippical nerf this, make that, and add conquest back. Yes, these things probably need to happen but I was surprised at some of the ideas some players had. I can’t really go into specifics because this post would be huge then. Also we already have everything planned out for this update but I’m just setting up ideas for the next or next after that. I read almost every post about MWs so if your ideas good (and possible to complete) must likely I will take it into consideration and atleast toss the idea out there to the owners.

It has been a lot of work for us builders, but the developers have had it hard to! They’re constantly working on amazing new features and how to implement things you would not think possible in Minecraft. Basically I just want everyone to know that your ideas are heard weather it’s from a staff member or one of the owners reads it themselves (which happens a lot). Thanks for reading all the way through and keep it positive! That’s what we all need :)

Chewables

Mythical
    Chewables
    Chewables Chewables
    Ok to be completely honest it's not that I don't believe that the owners care about the server or work hard, but the only thing I actually care about is results, and in the end, results are all that actually matters to players. Here's an analogy: Someone may spend countless hours studying for the ACT, but if you don't use that time studying CORRECTLY, you aren't going to do well on the test. So, the owners of the server may be working hard for all I know, but the results they are producing is not good enough for many of the players on this server. Let's take minewars for an example. This gamemode has been out for about a year I think, and there have been no updates. Who's fault? The owners for not producing good results. So then the players that play it don't find joy in it after awhile because there's nothing new to do after you do everything. But TMD? There are updates all the time! The owners worked hard to get the updates out, so show appreciation! <-- What many people on the forums are saying now. Yes, I would show appreciation IF the updates were actually making my experience on the server better. I play HavocMC to have fun, and so is literally everyone on the server, so if the owners pump out a new update, that's good because the server is supposed to produce new things to make the server fun, but if the playercount drops when it comes out, the update is bad. This is what's caused the server to start dying. Those of you that say, "Oh people just grew up and stopped playing because they got old." Are just making excuses, and while this may be true, its probably only 5% of the reason the playerbase dropped. These people just got too old for the game and quit because they went to college or something. The other 95% of people that quit quit because they got sick of HavocMC due to updates and bugs that stopped making the server fun. Updates such as merging TMDOP and TMDR, which started the reign of Jugglords in front of berx, and ruined the experience of people who weren't so good at pvp. Things like this caused players to move on to another game/server, and for me, that game was Fortnite, and also for many other people, including the owners apparently. I would sit here and type another 30 minutes explaining what would need to be fixed, but people like Yove and Kyritic have already listed plenty of things to make the server fun again. In conclusion, I don't think there's much hope for this server to become as great as it used to be, and it would take a LOT to even come close to it. So, get your **** together HavocMC and people might start playing again.