• IP Copied!
  • HavocMC and its future :)

Kendrq

Famous
    Kendrq
    Kendrq Kendrq
    Also, I think whoever leaked this information to Kat should get a demote. They broke a rule and it needs to be dealt with.
    Mindblaster, if you'd like to be properly informed of the situation, feel free to message me privately so we can keep the peace and let you know about what happened without leaking information.
    I'm agreeing with Kat here, and would definitely suggest messaging her if you want to know what happened. She is aware of the issue because she was brought into the situation, not because something happened and there was a "leak" about it to her.

In regards to the whole "we don't care about staff drama", that's fair. We're aware that players don't care about petty staff issues, but you should recognize the fact that if there's big issues in the staff team, then we're not functioning to our best abilities to make the server an enjoyable place for the you, the players. That's why staff drama becomes a big deal on forums, because it does affect the player base.

Anyways, outside of the bit of bickering that's gone on, this thread has definitely been good. Thank you to everyone who posted their ideas and constructive criticisms, it's appreciated. We know you don't feel heard at the moment, and we're trying to change that. A final thank you in advance to any other community members that share their thoughts in response to the original post!

Diligen

Titan
    HooverVC
    HooverVC HooverVC
    Well then.... After all that - This is my opinion.

Okay, this is less related to a healthy, enjoyable server and more of something I thought I'd rant about here as I feel it still relates to the enjoyment of a server. I deeply miss Havoc. I still do log on a few times a week in hopes of seeing some sort of change. I log onto the forums a few times a week hoping for some sort of meaningful update. Whether these changes be painkillers, jugg, map, new players, etc. I just want something. I feel like Havoc is dying and I don't believe that that's just my opinion. I mean - take a look at this...
    BKh5Zj5.png

I couldn't find one displaying the average - but I feel like this is decent enough. I'm not really positive on what the grey represents, though blue is the max connected. Pretty sure grey is from about the release of the server to the end of 2016. Then the blue picks it up from the end of 2016 to present day.

Here are my thoughts - it's not the owner's faults. I mean, not entirely. I believe that the older player base that brought competition to the server has just moved on or uh... been banned in someone's case lol. I mean, we obviously moved on for a reason. My reasons being there's no competition or teams to join, I hate the painkiller update, Hellnight is dead, I have no friends that play and whatever else. I was one of the later ones to leave though. I have no clue why others left though I do know that a large portion of Lick and Prodigy hate the update.

So you could argue with me - "Oh, we don't have to cater to you guys." Here's the thing though, I'm not saying you should. Bring in a new, younger player base that will stick with the server much longer than me and some others will since we've already been here for so long and most of the others are like - adults now. I'm still a kid and honestly, I think that if there were new people on the server, like maybe 60+ on TMD 1 or something, I'd actually play. As long as some of them were good lol. Even though I hate the painkiller update - Just being able to play with people and not have only 13 people in TMD 1 would probably make a lot of older players come back anyway.

I joined this server back in August of like 2015 looking for a Walking Dead server to kill people on lol. Just like an open world, multiplayer, zombie game. And that's kinda what it was and is. Just - in Minecraft. Sitting in pool, brick, CDC, and Grady were some of the best wars I've had. That's what I think TMD is missing now. Decent battles. Not pain chugging for 10 minutes straight running down the road outside of CDC like before. No, I want battles. On top of buildings or inside of them, straight shooting back and forth with cover.

Again, it's a little different than what you asked for, but I feel like it still applies. It's what I'd like not in an enjoyable server, but in an enjoyable HavocMC.​

Last edited:

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    Peach change ur bottom text thing, I got excited thinking you were back as Sr, I actually thought TMD's remnant staff team could be saved, rip :(

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove

Okay, this is less related to a healthy, enjoyable server and more of something I thought I'd rant about here as I feel it still relates to the enjoyment of a server. I deeply miss Havoc. I still do log on a few times a week in hopes of seeing some sort of change. I log onto the forums a few times a week hoping for some sort of meaningful update. Whether these changes be painkillers, jugg, map, new players, etc. I just want something. I feel like Havoc is dying and I don't believe that that's just my opinion. I mean - take a look at this...
    BKh5Zj5.png

I couldn't find one displaying the average - but I feel like this is decent enough. I'm not really positive on what the grey represents, though blue is the max connected. Pretty sure grey is from about the release of the server to the end of 2016. Then the blue picks it up from the end of 2016 to present day.

Here are my thoughts - it's not the owner's faults. I mean, not entirely. I believe that the older player base that brought competition to the server has just moved on or uh... been banned in someone's case lol. I mean, we obviously moved on for a reason. My reasons being there's no competition or teams to join, I hate the painkiller update, Hellnight is dead, I have no friends that play and whatever else. I was one of the later ones to leave though. I have no clue why others left though I do know that a large portion of Lick and Prodigy hate the update.

So you could argue with me - "Oh, we don't have to cater to you guys." Here's the thing though, I'm not saying you should. Bring in a new, younger player base that will stick with the server much longer than me and some others will since we've already been here for so long and most of the others are like - adults now. I'm still a kid and honestly, I think that if there were new people on the server, like maybe 60+ on TMD 1 or something, I'd actually play. As long as some of them were good lol. Even though I hate the painkiller update - Just being able to play with people and not have only 13 people in TMD 1 would probably make a lot of older players come back anyway.

I joined this server back in August of like 2015 looking for a Walking Dead server to kill people on lol. Just like an open world, multiplayer, zombie game. And that's kinda what it was and is. Just - in Minecraft. Sitting in pool, brick, CDC, and Grady were some of the best wars I've had. That's what I think TMD is missing now. Decent battles. Not pain chugging for 10 minutes straight running down the road outside of CDC like before. No, I want battles. On top of buildings or inside of them, straight shooting back and forth with cover.

Again, it's a little different than what you asked for, but I feel like it still applies. It's what I'd like not in an enjoyable server, but in an enjoyable HavocMC.​

I like most of this besides no paining, the guns in this "meta" are auto spam only, no pain chug = 15 second fights and useless full jug

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe

BKh5Zj5.png

Wow. What a great post. Thank you for taking the time to write that. No bias, no hate, just a clear, level-headed post. I think what you mentioned about the older playerbase moving on is very evident by looking at the graph-- from April 2017 to April 2018, max players connected dropped by two-thirds. Thats 400 people that quit! But notice how it's not a sudden drop, it just slowly decreased. This makes it a testimony to your statement that old players moved on. Frankly, this wasnt really preventable. People get bored of the game and move on, which is why it's important to be generating new players to replace the old. Catering to the long-term players that have quit is a lost cause because they simply aren't coming back. Moving forward, I believe Havoc should prioritize finding ways to bring in new players, because the enormous loss of players wasn't entirely due to their updates.

Good post. We need more quality posts like yours on this forum!

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    that would imply the leadership would want to put the work in to implement this. firsthand only one of the leaders seems to give a damn about anything outside srmod chat and the occasional support ticket. good idea, but dont get your hopes up
    yeah

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe
    I don't think 500 players gone in 1 month is a very slow decrease. o_O

Also around the time the reset happened soooo
    I didn't mention the drop that happened in March at all in my post so I'm not sure where that's coming from. I said April 2017 to April 2018. April is the fourth month of the year. I didn't comment on the March drop at all because I don't know why the population dropped so hard and I didn't want to make any assumptions.

Diligen

Titan
    HooverVC
    HooverVC HooverVC
    I like most of this besides no paining, the guns in this "meta" are auto spam only, no pain chug = 15 second fights and useless full jug
    Sorry, didn't mean no paining kek. I honestly liked the old paining system but I doubt it'll be brought back so I tried to leave it out.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    I didn't mention the drop that happened in March at all in my post so I'm not sure where that's coming from. I said April 2017 to April 2018. April is the fourth month of the year. I didn't comment on the March drop at all because I don't know why the population dropped so hard and I didn't want to make any assumptions.

Also it's worth notice that, statistically speaking, none of these players compose the actual community, they came and left in a matter of months:

ImMOA7z.png

The overall numbers droped from something like 650 to 600 in that 1 year-ish span, that's not bad at all. While this is worrying:

jG2g2oc.png

400 players that were gone permanently at the same time span than before. I agree that has nothing to do with pains, or weapons, or old map but that the server is not interesting anymore. It's natural that some ppl leave while others are coming but not the other way around. We're still stuck at +1.9 things while I've seen 1.12 servers that would blown TMD away in complexity, plenty of things to do, commitment to the community and so on.
    My bet? We lost so much time worrying about "this vs that" affecting pvp that we got stuck in time.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    We're still stuck at +1.9 things while I've seen 1.12 servers that would blown TMD away in complexity, plenty of things to do, commitment to the community and so on.
    My bet? We lost so much time worrying about "this vs that" affecting pvp that we got stuck in time.
    Agreed. We gotta update, but the owners refuse.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cause the owners don't care thats what no one realizes lol
    I think the forums understand that, no need to beat a dead horse.. I feel like we as a community could have a better impact on the server if we put our energy towards actually trying to make reform happen (persuading the owners, advertising, etc etc) rather than bashing the Staff and the Owners 24/7. That's all I've seen on these forums, mostly. Now, I'm not saying I'm not guilty of saying my fair share of offensive things about the owners, I recognize that, but there's really only so much the community can take, ya know? So. Why don't we bury this horse, and figure out more productive ways of bettering Havoc? Who's with me =^•^=

Diligen

Titan
    HooverVC
    HooverVC HooverVC
    I think the forums understand that, no need to beat a dead horse.. I feel like we as a community could have a better impact on the server if we put our energy towards actually trying to make reform happen (persuading the owners, advertising, etc etc) rather than bashing the Staff and the Owners 24/7. That's all I've seen on these forums, mostly. Now, I'm not saying I'm not guilty of saying my fair share of offensive things about the owners, I recognize that, but there's really only so much the community can take, ya know? So. Why don't we bury this horse, and figure out more productive ways of bettering Havoc? Who's with me =^•^=
    I honestly think the server is going to die and there's really nothing we can do to prevent that. My opinion is that no matter how hard we push, the owners will not care. Call me a pessimist but I really think it's not going to get anywhere.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    Cause the owners don't care thats what no one realizes lol

Why is this still a thing here? If we truly want some changes we've gotta focus into real points and not onto these straw man fallacies.
    How could they not care if the last TMD updates were all about pvp, which is basically what og's have been whining about since ever? And by ogs I mean like 10-15 of them, cause that's an in-forums number, pretty low numbers to be considered as solid information based on the max players online. If the updates were broadly announced in-game and calling EVERYONE to share they thoughts (in a google forms), maybe the outcome would be different.
    How could they not care if they're putting so much effort updating Mine Wars, when it's crystal clear that this will mostly benefit a minor portion of the server? It's obvious that TMD is the most played server, if they did not care (or 'only wanted money') they'd end it all of the other games.
    Why da heck are they even trying to update and posting in forums and making polls if they don't care? You gotta realize that

>> They don't care
    >> They try but are obviously falling due to the low percentage of it's own community feedback + inner administration problems + TWD failing miserably over its TV ratings etc etc

So, if you really wanna change, drop it this hate stuff and start building over some solid arguments. Yeah many haters might go along with it but its a flymsy one that could potentially end in another misleading update objective - this time ending it all for real.

Last edited:

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    Why is this still a thing here? If we truly want some changes we've gotta focus into real points and not onto these straw man fallacies.
    How could they not care if the last TMD updates were all about pvp, which is basically what og's have been whining about since ever? And by ogs I mean like 10-15 of them, cause that's an in-forums number, pretty low numbers to be considered as solid information based on the max players online. If the updates were broadly announced in-game and calling EVERYONE to share they thoughts (in a google forms), maybe the outcome would be different.
    How could they not care if they're putting so much effort updating Mine Wars, when it's crystal clear that this will mostly benefit a minor portion of the server? It's obvious that TMD is the most played server, if they did not care (or 'only wanted money') they'd end it all of the other games.
    Why da heck are they even trying to update and posting in forums and making polls if they don't care? You gotta realize that

>> They don't care
    >> They try but are obviously falling due to the low percentage of it's own community feedback + inner administration problems + TWD miserably failing in its ratings etc etc

So, if you really wanna change, p it this hate stuff and start building over some solid arguments. Yeah many haters might go along this but its a flymsy one that could potentially end in another misleading update objective, this time ending it all for real.

TMD is dying, and the rates are not im proving, Nothing a rando says will change my mind until the server numbers start increasing

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove

Gladly, I'll stop beating it when the owners listen to the forums.