• IP Copied!
  • Havoc's state of Toxicity - we aren't alone.

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Ladies and Germs we all know how Toxic Havoc has gotten, but we aren't the only ones suffering this problem.

A lot of you who know me know I'm a very avid member of the Super Smash Bros community. I'm a Smash 4 Game & Watch main who hates Link. If you don't care about Smash, skip this paragraph, but it helps me make my point. Recently at EVO and Super Smash Con, some wild things have surfaced about the state of the Smash community. Grand Finals at EVO a week ago was 2 Bayonettas, who if you don't know, is by far the best character in the game. She has very powerful and easy to release combos and wins games in ways some players find cheap or unfair. The general consensus about Bayo is that she's overpowered and lot of players absolutely despise her. As grand finals were happening, between matches the two players would get BOOed because of their character choice. As a result, at the beginning of one of the games, the two sat in center stage and held the B button, which charges Bayo's bullet arts. But they never let them go. They sat there for about 2 minutes before someone from EVO told them this was collusion, which is against the rules. At Super Smash Con earlier this week, lots of drama unveiled with a top player choosing to not play and their "fans" giving them unrivaled amounts of hate. Also, another player who mains Jigglypuff (similar situation to Bayonetta) started receiving mad hate when he won as well. Both of these players snapped, going on twitter and cursing out the community for the hate they've been getting.

So as the Smash community has been burning to the ground I couldn't help but realize some Smashtubers kept throwing around the word Toxicity when describing the past month of Smash. Dear God, does that word sound familiar. Overall, it looks like Smash is suffering the same problems as Havoc. The community has gotten beyond bearable, and for some reason its all manifesting itself at once.

The problem isn't that the majority of people are toxic. On the contrary, both communities have both good and bad people, with the good far outweighing the bad. The problem is how the vocal minority are being allowed to have their way. The problem is how silent the silent majority is. We're letting this problem manifest itself and no one's stopping it.

I felt like making this post might help us fix the problem. If you want toxicity to stop, don't just say -

"Oh I wish the problem would stop but I don't want to deal with the person causing the problem so ill just complain about it online blah blah blah blah..."

Step up. If you see people being toxic, call them out. If people work together to stop this toxicity, we can shut it down at the source - the person doing it. Of course being toxic yourself adds to the problem, but so does not saying anything about it. Yes, this is part of the reason I quit staff, because I felt like I was the only one battling it amongst all of us. I'm calling on EVERYONE to help us change this.

#endthetoxicity

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    but if people are ganging up on a person being toxic
    can’t they be toxic in doing so?
    hold up this appears highly counterintuitive
    but yes, i do agree, we need to address each and every toxic fella on this server
    another suggestion might have to do with a staff hiring day. we had one before, and it seemed actively participated in, as it has a more “we’re open for more staff so you should apply right?” and then boom
    more moderation
    less toxicity
    oh but wait!
    if we have newer staff they’re more vulnerable to being called “rAnDiEs” and being flamed because people don’t know who they are
    that’s always an issue
    but newer staff means more unbias, fresh staff etc etc. it’s just more beneficial
    imma reply later and in more paragraphs on my laptop but here’s a shorter reply for now

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    I think everyone needs to stop being p*ssies and realize this is just a game.
    OKAY. So, here's something I noticed.
    In game, how many times have you seen some player being flamed and such and have them go off all snowflake like and go "HEY THAT'S AGAINST THE RULES STOP BEING TOXIC LOL"?
    Yeah, probably none. It's only on the forums where a player can throw on a professional persona and go off on people like "Toxicity is an issue. Get rid of it." but idk im tired and im gonna go to sleep now lol
    rip a paragraph in progress

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    I think everyone needs to stop being p*ssies and realize this is just a game.
    I think there's both right and wrong to statements like that. When it comes down to it, there isn't really a reason you can't log out of the game if people are being rude to you, and sometimes that's the best option. On the other hand, it makes the game more enjoyable for a large part of the server if people aren't being obnoxious. New players are also more likely to stay if the community is good rather than if it's filled with diseases.

JT900

JT900
    JT900 JT900
    Honestly, Havoc basically has a gun in its mouth at this point.
    The gun being the toxicity, the bullet being all the bad aspects of the server. And I mean all of them.
    From Jacob and Igniting screwing us MW fans over (a lot of the MW community went to another server due to this, even myself) to people just being straight up childish. Havoc is dying slowly and I'm just here watching the fireworks.

But who knows? Maybe this upcoming update could stop Havoc from killing itself. It might not.
    But we'll see.

And yes, I know that's a morbid metaphor, but it had to be said. That's what's basically happening!

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    We have too many snowflakes and too many ego boosting goons in this community. The intellectuals in this community is getting an all time low, too many good people quit(good people as in good people w/good hearts) and the toxic "random" kids from like 2017 or something still lurking in the shadows pissing in the old player's faces. We never needed staff to lock threads, we had a tough community that didn't take bull****. It was only when the ex-staff situation got out of hand, and staff started desperately silencing people who were "starting trouble" and lying to the public on how bad the staff team was. Staff began locking and muting people instead of seeing how we used to resolve issues by flaming the literal **** out of toxic or staff jerk-offs trying to get relevancy on forums. The explanation for all the muting and thread locking was a reason why some people like me were never able to fully express our view over the issues on TMD.
    Staff is sadly a big issue why people aren't able to express their opinion and also a good reason why our community is sorta stuck. Not much people can see it because they aren't focusing on the little details. We always had bias staff members with personal gain from becoming staff and good staff with good morals. We also had staff members who were shunned by the public for certain things and were never punished properly. The Staff now is filled with inactive members, power hungry kids, and bias members who sometimes don't stick to the job. There isn't enough devoted members who stay on the server hours at a time. Why? Because being staff isn't fun anymore. Staff deal with more annoying and needy children now, then ever before.
    At the end of the day, I hope the real OG members in this community could leave their egos behind and advocate for the better of this server. And get rid of the kids who really make this server a pain in the butt to stay in.
    (I would continue this on how stupid this server has become, but it would turn this thing into a completely different post, with staff and their stuck-ups telling me to stfu on discord)

Chris_XP

#endthetoxicity

#impossible

There will always be toxicity, in literally everything. To think campaigning can stop it is just naive.

Also, I should add that even before HavocMC was properly established back in early 2015, the server was still toxic back then, it's nothing new, it's always been around.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    ya that's called a joke lol, if me saying cry baby and doing wahhh is being serious and trying to be a jerk then idk get off the internet maybe :/ sorry you take everything to heart
    It's not that I'm taking it to heart, you've just blurred your line of jokes v. reality, making it hard for players who aren't in your friend group to tell when you're actually joking. Honestly, you make yourself look like a fool with every "joke" of yours. Gotta agree with Fire; I'll take your campaign for Event M. seriously when you start being respectful to other players. It's not that hard.

Last edited:

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    I kinda figured this might turn into a fight. My bad.
    Look, I totally agree that some people are just way to ****ing sensitive. Someone says a good-natured GG and they take it as a taunt. **** like that.

But me personally. If you know what I do for work, you'd understand the guys in my shop and I jokingly make fun of each other all the time. It's pretty relentless and sometimes you hit a nerve you don't mean to. You just grow a shell and learn to differentiate what's meant to be a joke and what's not. I try to apply this shell to Havoc and when someone insults you just ignore it. And even I have gotten to the point where I'm snapping.

We have to understand theres multiple demographics here. Yes, some people are competitive and theres naturally going to be healthy competition. Smack talk is expected and not a problem. Its when you cross that over to someone who's not expecting it. They come looking for a zombie survival server with a fun community and the occasional gun fight. If someone like that starts catching toxicity they aren't going to want to stay. Yes we're loosing "OG"s that's quote unquote killing the server. But they wouldn't be missed if player retention didn't suck.

Added after posted:
    Yes, I know that toxicity has become the norm and ending it is near impossible, especially on the Minecraft scene where few people remain. Yes some people need to grow shells. Just don't assume there's nothing wrong with you. Saying "oh people just need to grow up" shows you're part of the problem. Just... take a moment. Think. Maybe this person doesn't want to get into some smack talk. Yea, if they want some banter then have at it. But take me for example. I have never taunted or claimed someone to be "ez" or "bad" nor have I flamed someone. Its just not me. Yet I get it back all the time. If I wasn't used to that sorta **** IRL or if I didn't love the server I would have quite awhile ago.