• Message to Staff

Agree?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hqckey

(Disclaimer: This is not meant to be a toxic or disrespectful essay towards staff, its simply based on facts and opinions of everyone who wants tmd back. Please do not take it as toxicity, because it isn't.)

Hey all, I realize looking at this staff and most players are not going to take me seriously, but I just need to say some things. This message is directed mostly at staff.

I bet you weren't expecting me on the forums, but I've been thinking and talking to a lot of friends and finally decided to make this thread, please pay close attention to what I have to say.

It's no secret that the server has died, with extreme loss of numbers in players. If I'm being honest, the developers are wasting their time coming out with these new updates nobody really cares about. The only update that would TRULY bring everyone back would be to bring back an OG version of tmd. Whether its TMDOP, TMD-1 (July 2017), or we would even settle with the first version of TMDC. I know, it seems like a lot to ask, but the question is; would it be worth it? Let me explain why these rollback should occur.

It's pretty obvious by now that the owners just simply don't care about the server anymore, and I'm assuming that its because it's not giving them much extra revenue due to the lack of players. When TMD was in its prime from 2016 to early 2018, there was so many players that this server was literally a money-making machine. That's because people enjoyed playing the server so much, and wanted the server to keep at the pace it was already at. It was apparent that the more they changed the gamemode, the less players played, the less money it was making, and the less the owners/admins cared about the server. This is a direct message to owners, MAKE YOUR SERVER ENJOYABLE, MORE PEOPLE WILL PLAY, MORE PEOPLE WILL DONATE, EVERYONE'S HAPPY. It's sad that a server with such amount of potential would amount to nothing. Some of my best memories on Minecraft was on TMD itself, and it saddens me that it fell to nothing; nobody cares about it anymore and its done. We knew that the death of this server was inevitable, as all things are, but why kill it when it still has potential? I'm also sure I am not the only one that feels this way.

TMD's updates were to appeal to newer players, and they were trying to focus on realism. First of all, realism isn't even what made this game fun in the first place. It was fun because it was unique! Everything was so perfectly balanced, it was so enjoyable until the updates came rolling in. It all started with that Left-Click painkiller update. Nobody enjoyed it and that's the majority of the reason why like 60% of the community quit. The people who quit before that quit because the previous updates that had also been killing TMD-1. Although, most stayed. The point of this paragraph is to state that you should be listening to the OG players that were here when the game was super popular and fun. I understand on trying to pull in newer players, but you guys are kind of doing it wrong. Pushing away the older players and killing the server doesn't exactly pull in new players. If they see that like 20 total people are on the whole server they aren't going to think that its good. You guys need to focus on keeping players instead of pulling in players.

It also makes us mad whenever we here word from staff "There's gonna be a new update! We're bringing back og tmd guys!", but in return we don't get og tmd we just get another new update that nobody enjoys. Either that or they just announce it once and talk about it for another week then just forget about it completely. To be honest there's literally nothing stopping you from just completely rolling back the server the way it was in mid 2017. Your excuse to not do that is that you want more new players, but at this point you would get more players doing that instead of just keeping it the way it is right now, nobody enjoys it. You guys also wonder why people make practice servers. There wouldn't be a need for practice servers if the server the fake one was copying was fun for the players. For example, martijn103. He’s definitely one of the people I’m indirectly mentioning in this statement. He and I miss TMD so much, thats why he loves making practice servers and making it the best he can and closest to real TMD as possible.

I really care about this server, and I, and all the other TMD veterans, miss the memories on the server and would honestly do anything to try and bring it back. This would take a complete server rollback to the way it was in 2017, and a complete unban-all. The reason for the unban-all would simply be the fact that so many of the players that made up the TMD population were banned. Even if they got banned for hacking, it was so long ago. I'm sure if the server was the way it was before, enjoyable and fun, they would stop hacking just for the sake of the server revival. If you think what I'm saying doesn't make sense, or there's something wrong, please contact me via discord: hqckey#1944

I know just about nobody's going to take me seriously and I get it, but I only wrote this as an attempt to revive the server. I realize this might not work but it's worth a shot. I know we can bring the server back with at least an attempt. I know it's late, but still please take into consideration.

- hqckey

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're getting at. However it's more to that.

The only update that would TRULY bring everyone back would be to bring back an OG version of tmd. Whether its TMDOP, TMD-1 (July 2017), or we would even settle with the first version of TMDC. I know, it seems like a lot to ask, but the question is; would it be worth it? Let me explain why these rollback should occur.

You are not the first dozens of people who have suggested it. There are specific people who are able to make change, and have been incognito. (I will not clarify that) Players and staff seem upset. With this in mind, it isn't just TMD that's been dying. I'm not sure if you've seen Mineplex lately, but it's countless servers that are dragging as well. I like your attempt to bring about change, though unfortunately there isn't much we can really do, at least from my perspective / opinion.

~Katitude

Hqckey

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're getting at. However it's more to that.

You are not the first dozens of people who have suggested it. There are specific people who are able to make change, and have been incognito. (I will not clarify that) Players and staff seem upset. With this in mind, it isn't just TMD that's been dying. I'm not sure if you've seen Mineplex lately, but it's countless servers that are dragging as well. I like your attempt to bring about change, though unfortunately there isn't much we can really do, at least from my perspective / opinion.

~Katitude
    giving it a shot anyway :)

MrCalimero

Mythical
    MrCalimero
    MrCalimero MrCalimero
    I agree. However, this has been one of many posts about this subject, and thus far nothing has changed. If the server is going to do a rollback anyway, I would be happy to play. But I don't think everyone will return. Minecraft is, just like Katitude said, dying.

Look guys, Maybe Mineplex died but Mineplex and Hypixel etc. its all the same. Skywars and **** but TMD is unique. If you think that Minecraft is **** and its not fun anymore I agree, but TMD isnt regular Minecraft. Its just something very original, the pvp, plugins and everything. If you guys will take this seriously and stop being negative maybe we can do something about it. TMD is the place where we all met and where everything started. If we put our opinions and serious replies here we can save this place and have fun again. I dont care about Mineplex. Its just mainstream server like 1000 others but there isnt any other like TMD. So I beg you guys to try it at least and share this post to your friends and OG players. I vote for yes of course.

FatAnimall

Mythical
    FatAnimal
    FatAnimal FatAnimal

~Katitude
    ***** r u staff ?

Hqckey

I agree. However, this has been one of many posts about this subject, and thus far nothing has changed. If the server is going to do a rollback anyway, I would be happy to play. But I don't think everyone will return. Minecraft is, just like Katitude said, dying.
    I agree with most points, but if you actually look at modern statistic Minecraft has still been one of the more popular games, its playerbase is actually still ahead of Fortnite. The only time Fortnite was beating it in players was in its very prime. I do understand what you are saying and trying to point out though.

SummonersJhift

Mythical
    SummonersJhift
    SummonersJhift SummonersJhift
    Appealing to players who moved on TMD and even Minecraft in general, seems very futile instead of focusing on attracting new players.

get another new update that nobody enjoys
    While I agree that OG's were promised an update that would be for them and they did not like it, OG's do not account for every player and many players enjoy the server currently and current updates.

To be honest there's literally nothing stopping you from just completely rolling back the server the way it was in mid 2017
    The brutally honest thing is that many people (Myself included) would like to see that. Yet you fail to see that this would kill the player base even worse then it has been already. So yes, there is a block that is holding the server back from going from mid-2017.

MAKE YOUR SERVER ENJOYABLE, MORE PEOPLE WILL PLAY, MORE PEOPLE WILL DONATE, EVERYONE'S HAPPY.
    The people who do not find the server enjoyable include the following list of players: OG's. List concluded. People are playing enjoy the server, while I think the new zombies should be removed from pvp due to how it breaks pvp.

However, this has been one of many posts about this subject, and thus far nothing has changed. If the server is going to do a rollback anyway, I would be happy to play. But I don't think everyone will return. Minecraft is, just like Katitude said, dying.
    Correct.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    id say check the player count on tmdop (which is what you want to roll back to) vs the player counts on the normal tmd servers. id say that the amount of players playing tmdop really shows how popular old tmd is for anyone who isnt an og

Hqckey

While I agree that OG's were promised an update that would be for them and they did not like it, OG's do not account for every player and many players enjoy the server currently and current updates.

The brutally honest thing is that many people (Myself included) would like to see that. Yet you fail to see that this would kill the player base even worse then it has been already. So yes, there is a block that is holding the server back from going from mid-2017.

The people who do not find the server enjoyable include the following list of players: OG's. List concluded. People are playing enjoy the server, while I think the new zombies should be removed from pvp due to how it breaks pvp.

Correct.[/QUOTE]
    Explain how it would kill the player base. And if the only people who disliked the updates were "OG's", then tell me why the server is so dead?

Hqckey

Umm, probably the fact that they've done this. Multiple times. It doesn't work. It's been like this for 2 years I don't know why you think there will be a sudden change. People have moved on.
    They never did it right. The people who have "moved on" are also missing old tmd and would do anything for it back, maybe except you.

Hqckey

I didn't post this on the forums for toxicity/arguments, I just want people opinions on this so I can tell you why I agree or disagree.

Status
    Not open for further replies.