• IP Copied!
  • No... I wasnt demoted.

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Watz poppin brethren. I don't know if any of you know, but I recently stepped down from staff. It was 100% my choice and I was not demoted. Here's why.

I know a lot of people say the server is dead/dying. I get where they're coming from but I wouldn't go that far. I would say that counts are down and I'm willing to put a pin in the reason why and it all wraps around to one word. Its not Gameplay, its not New Mechanics.

It's the Toxicity this server has allowed to become the norm.

I have made several outcries to both staff and players to try and change their mindsets about player-to-player interactions. I pleaded staff to change how we approach toxicity and for the rules to change to allow punishment of disrespect to be more severe and to include toxicity in that bunch. But I was the only one that seemed to care. On multiple occasions I have tried to punish individuals for incredibly toxic & disrespectful behavior but because of how the rules are set up, I was told not to. I have several instances where people have come to me asking for people to be punished for actions that benefit the community in no way (and in fact only hinder it)... but because it "wasn't in the rules" my hands were tied. I asked for staff to change it and no one backed me. Not a single person.

If staff stands to allow, even encourage, this toxicity, then I will not be one of them.

Everyone (including players) says the server's dying because of gameplay mechanics and how TMD/MW themselves operate. I totally agree that some things need fixed. But I don't think they weigh as heavily as everyone says. In my personal opinion, its the player interactions that make the server what it is. Yea sure I joined because it was a zombie survival server with guns (which is dope), but I stayed because of the interactions I had. The friends I made. Running into another random person and working together to survive. The constant back-to-back fights we had together... not just the fight itself, but the experience I had with these other players.

You can update the gameplay all you want... but if the server allows toxicity to grow like cancer, the game will suffer because the other players are sucking the fun out of it. Change how players treat each other, and the gameplay will follow. We need to get our priorities straight.

These "OG"s are acting like they own the place, and I KNOW staff is annoyed with it. But to be honest, they do. And they're the ones killing the server. TMDC is nothing but cesspool of toxicity and banter. You cant even look at someone the wrong way without them flaming you. That right there is what's making the game less enjoyable.

Too long didn't read:
    Its not the gameplay that's "killing" TMD. Its the toxicity.
    Change your mindset. Enjoy the people. The game will be more fun.
    #endthetoxicity

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694
    You are one of the best staff members that I have gratefully had the pleasure of meeting and I would never of thought of seeing this day. I couldn't agree with you more on your post and hope those who do pull for our server see this post and know that they are not the only ones who currently feel this way. You had amazing talents and I along with many others on the build will miss you so very much. I hope you will one day return to us whether it be as staff or a run in on the server. Thank you for all that you have done and tried to do for us and I wish more was done so you could of stayed with us.

Zepat

Mythical
    Zepat
    Zepat Zepat
    I 100% agree with what you're saying. Back in the old forums, I tried to change the community, to make it better and not toxic. But because I was just a normal player, and a single voice, it wasn't enough. Even though later on I had people supporting my cause, it still wasn't enough because it seemed like the old staff didn't care, which made me leave the server for over a year.
    When I came back, around March this year, I saw that the community barely changed, and it was still as bad. I wanted to try to become staff so that I could try and once again change the community and make it better, but like you said, the current rules basically prevented me from that. I hate sitting in the sidelines watching all hell break loose, but because of how the current rules are set up, it's practically impossible for me to do anything else...

Even though we only knew each other for a short time, it's still painful to see you go...

You have these toxic "OGs" running around doing whatever they please, and ruining this server. And the most idiotic thing is, there are people out there asking to bring back certain gamemodes, like TMD OP, so the old OGs can come back, and ruin this server even more... What people don't seem to understand, is what made HavocMC start to die in the first place, and that is the toxic community that has been formed. And it's not just TMD community, right now on MW there are people threatening to DoS other players, and nothing is being done. It doesn't matter what gamemode players come from, because every gamemode on HavocMC is filled with toxic people, that's due to the majority of the community being nothing but toxic.

What's going to truly kill HavocMC isn't the slow updates, or us going against the EULA, it's the community that will kill HavocMC.

Shredder_Playz
    Shredder_Playz Shredder_Playz
    I 100% agree with what you're saying. Back in the old forums, I tried to change the community, to make it better and not toxic. But because I was just a normal player, and a single voice, it wasn't enough. Even though later on I had people supporting my cause, it still wasn't enough because it seemed like the old staff didn't care, which made me leave the server for over a year.
    When I came back, around March this year, I saw that the community barely changed, and it was still as bad. I wanted to try to become staff so that I could try and once again change the community and make it better, but like you said, the current rules basically prevented me from that. I hate sitting in the sidelines watching all hell break loose, but because of how the current rules are set up, it's practically impossible for me to do anything else...

Even though we only knew each other for a short time, it's still painful to see you go...

You have these toxic "OGs" running around doing whatever they please, and ruining this server. And the most idiotic thing is, there are people out there asking to bring back certain gamemodes, like TMD OP, so the old OGs can come back, and ruin this server even more... What people don't seem to understand, is what made HavocMC start to die in the first place, and that is the toxic community that has been formed. And it's not just TMD community, right now on MW there are people threatening to DoS other players, and nothing is being done. It doesn't matter what gamemode players come from, because every gamemode on HavocMC is filled with toxic people, that's due to the majority of the community being nothing but toxic.

What's going to truly kill HavocMC isn't the slow updates, or us going against the EULA, it's the community that will kill HavocMC.

I agree with all that you are saying. People are very toxic and it wrecks the gameplay for everyone. New players that come on they just want some assistance and some compassion, and no one will help them. You guys covered pretty much everything. I want to see the day where Havoc becomes very very popular and the community is one of happy faces and joy. Not one of people ripping on others and making fun of them.

Shredder_Playz
    Shredder_Playz Shredder_Playz
    I agree with all that you are saying. People are very toxic and it wrecks the gameplay for everyone. New players that come on they just want some assistance and some compassion, and no one will help them. You guys covered pretty much everything. I want to see the day where Havoc becomes very very popular and the community is one of happy faces and joy. Not one of people ripping on others and making fun of them.

Also I just want to add updates are coming and they will be amazing!!! :)

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove

"Og's come back and ruin the server even more"
    -Og's quit
    TMD's sales and player base: ↓
    Alright my guy.

Edit: Don't take that as toxicity, just proving your point wrong
    Edit #2: What made TMD die was not the toxicity, it was the changes the owners made which lead to the toxicity coming out from the community, and neglecting minewars for several months.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    I honestly haven't ever given a **** about how the PVP in this game changed multiple times because I can take it. I know some ppl who are good at PVP don't really complain either, because they can adapt to it. Old TMD was fine, TMDOP was toxic but it was fine, TMD Realism was fine, and TMDC was fine as well.
    It's really this community that's ruining the game. I see this server's community worse then the Squeaker Community on consoles. I believe when this server had a bigger playerbase, there were more people who were more friendly then what we still have now from certain people inside of this playerbase. I honestly pity most of them.
    There is too many people here who think/want to be OG or relevant. OG was something once of respect, but for TMD, it literally means you are a ****head(or who hangs out with ****heads) and quote on quote from one of my long lost friend: "80% of people from that server cant or wont go to college" which right now, I think to a certain point that y'all(the people I am talking about) will stay failures until you can change yourselves and become a better person.

@ChlngeAccepted , it was fun doing things with you, I really appreciate how you introduced me to this server. Enjoy playing Smash, Imma go back to crying in my bed because X is dead...

Zepat

Mythical
    Zepat
    Zepat Zepat
    -Og's quit
    Alright my guy.

Edit #2: What made TMD die was not the toxicity, it was the changes the owners made which lead to the toxicity coming out from the community, and neglecting minewars for several months.

That's not really proving my point wrong. While some players have left due to them not being happy with the changes to the server, most of the players left because of either the toxic community, or staff acting like they don't care. For the second point, I remember this to be quite an issue in the old forums, a lot of people were upset that the staff wasn't doing anything about the community, and so they left. Most, if not nearly all of the so called "OGs" are nothing but a bunch of toxic players that harass, troll and take advantage of new players, and even players that aren't new.
    When AlphaDemonQueen became an Apprentice, which was about 2 or 3 days ago, she was being harassed on TMD-1 by those so called "OGs". She was being harassed for practically being a new staff member, nothing else. I just so happened to walk in on all that as someone used /staff because they had an issue with their bandages not working, and I saw how those people treated her. I tried to reason with them and get them to stop, but they didn't, because like ChlngeAccepted said, they act as if they own the place. Only after when Alpha was legit begging them to stop, that's when they dropped it. The same thing happened to Alpha yesterday, and ChlngeAccepted went to TMD-1 to check what was happening, because these so called "OGs" have been using /staff to make fun out of, and mock AlphaDemonQueen for being staff... I have no idea who was saying what this time as I was helping people out on MW due to some players being jerks, to once again, new players... But I'm pretty sure that whatever happened yesterday on TMD-1 was the final straw for Chlnge, as later on that day was when he decided to resign.

You think that the "OGs" kept this server alive? Maybe they did, but it still doesn't change the fact that most of them were nothing but toxic, their punishment history proves just that, most of them have been muted and banned multiple times, with having a ton of warns as well. Do you know how they got all of these? For their toxic behavior. These people have been driving already existing, and new players away from the server, because if someone new joins and sees how people talk to one another in chat, they don't want to hang around on the server, as they can clearly see what kind of community this is. Current players have also been getting fed up with their behavior, which has made them leave as well. This is why this server isn't getting around 800+ players anymore like it did 2 years ago, because of the community and the "OGs".

If you still think that what I'm saying is wrong, then you either must've not been long on this server, or are just blind to what is happening around you, or just simply choose to ignore it.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    A sad topic about toxicity and what happens 2 replies later? lol, the only rules that applies to the forums are necroposting and spam, nothing else. I did use to report tons of stuff ingame and here, but in the forums its basically a "this is not a rule infringement, report denied".

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    That's not really proving my point wrong. While some players have left due to them not being happy with the changes to the server, most of the players left because of either the toxic community, or staff acting like they don't care. For the second point, I remember this to be quite an issue in the old forums, a lot of people were upset that the staff wasn't doing anything about the community, and so they left. Most, if not nearly all of the so called "OGs" are nothing but a bunch of toxic players that harass, troll and take advantage of new players, and even players that aren't new.
    When AlphaDemonQueen became an Apprentice, which was about 2 or 3 days ago, she was being harassed on TMD-1 by those so called "OGs". She was being harassed for practically being a new staff member, nothing else. I just so happened to walk in on all that as someone used /staff because they had an issue with their bandages not working, and I saw how those people treated her. I tried to reason with them and get them to stop, but they didn't, because like ChlngeAccepted said, they act as if they own the place. Only after when Alpha was legit begging them to stop, that's when they dropped it. The same thing happened to Alpha yesterday, and ChlngeAccepted went to TMD-1 to check what was happening, because these so called "OGs" have been using /staff to make fun out of, and mock AlphaDemonQueen for being staff... I have no idea who was saying what this time as I was helping people out on MW due to some players being jerks, to once again, new players... But I'm pretty sure that whatever happened yesterday on TMD-1 was the final straw for Chlnge, as later on that day was when he decided to resign.

You think that the "OGs" kept this server alive? Maybe they did, but it still doesn't change the fact that most of them were nothing but toxic, their punishment history proves just that, most of them have been muted and banned multiple times, with having a ton of warns as well. Do you know how they got all of these? For their toxic behavior. These people have been driving already existing, and new players away from the server, because if someone new joins and sees how people talk to one another in chat, they don't want to hang around on the server, as they can clearly see what kind of community this is. Current players have also been getting fed up with their behavior, which has made them leave as well. This is why this server isn't getting around 800+ players anymore like it did 2 years ago, because of the community and the "OGs".

If you still think that what I'm saying is wrong, then you either must've not been long on this server, or are just blind to what is happening around you, or just simply choose to ignore it.
    Been longer on here than you buddy, besides that, the servers gonna die by the end of summer if nothings done, oh well.

Zepat

Mythical
    Zepat
    Zepat Zepat
    Been longer on here than you buddy, besides that, the servers gonna die by the end of summer if nothings done, oh well.

But you haven't, you joined on March 12th 2016, and I joined November 12th 2015. Anyway, I'm going to stop talking now as I want to respect ChlngeAccepted and this thread.

Apologies for slightly derailing this thread.

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    I hate drama.

But boi I gotta do it to em. And I can now, no staff rules holding me back.

Yove. This single-minded narcissistic mindset you and many of the "og"s have EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You see things one way are refuse to change your mindset. I totally agree the gameplay needs work. TMDC isn't what you asked for.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ****ING GOD THEY TRIED.

They listened. They spend hour after hour, day after day, weeks after weeks to try and make y'all happy. Changing TMDC to be more like TMDOP takes boatloads of time that they don't have due to all the OTHER things y'all wont stop complaining about. They thought the past updates would appeal to ALL players, regardless of skill level. So what if they were wrong? Like I said, the experience is what you make of it. If you at least TRY and enjoy the time you're spending with the other players, what do you have to loose?

I agree. "The server's gonna die by the end of summer if nothings done." If people like you keep polluting our community's mindset then yes. Heaven forbid you try and have some fun.

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    so i had made a post giving my take on this. apparently there is one already. my faith has increased.
    ok. ive watched this forums spit out nothing but complaints, insults, blaming others for where the server is now.

stop. forget what happened. "if we open a quarrel between the past and past, we shall find we have lost the future" - winston churchill. we are where we are. accept that. like the server or not, this is the only good walking dead server left... the only one i have found. it has a great concept. bring the walking dead to minecraft. who does not love zombies?

the owners make their own calls regarding the server. However they are responsive to overall community leanings. the server is what we as a community make of it. I urge all of you that care about the fate of havoc to brainstorm ideas for change within the server that the community can get behind. when you respond to those posts and this one, say WHY you disagree or agree, think of the future of the server. as much as some would love to continue saying "the server is dead" heres the reality- IT WILL DIE if we as the community cannot come together.

when you make these posts i urge you to consider the following
    1. will it be accepted by the community. try to consider all players when making a suggestion
    2. is it phrased respectfully? "attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference" winston churchill.
    3.stay objective- state a problem state a solution. if you have to mention a player, be respectful even if you disagree.
    4. if someone disrespects you, respond respectfully- or not at all. consider this quote "dont fight a battle if you dont gain anything by winning". this tank commander waged a war solo on never fighting if it did nothing to help him.

"were not to far gone. i know. we can change. we can all change"- rick grimes
    -general2673

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    -Og's quit
    Alright my guy.

Open you're eyes. Re-read everything. He's not wrong, you just can't accept that you're toxic.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I hate drama.

But boi I gotta do it to em. And I can now, no staff rules holding me back.

Yove. This single-minded narcissistic mindset you and many of the "og"s have EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You see things one way are refuse to change your mindset. I totally agree the gameplay needs work. TMDC isn't what you asked for.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ****ING GOD THEY TRIED.

They listened. They spend hour after hour, day after day, weeks after weeks to try and make y'all happy. Changing TMDC to be more like TMDOP takes boatloads of time that they don't have due to all the OTHER things y'all wont stop complaining about. They thought the past updates would appeal to ALL players, regardless of skill level. So what if they were wrong? Like I said, the experience is what you make of it. If you at least TRY and enjoy the time you're spending with the other players, what do you have to loose?

I agree. "The server's gonna die by the end of summer if nothings done." If people like you keep polluting our community's mindset then yes. Heaven forbid you try and have some fun.
    Lol, why do you not need to be staff to say that? Perfectly good reason to call them ou--- oh. Oh wait, yeah, nvm ;) Forgot that's a no-no.