Do you like these proposed changes?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    Hello all. We have some game changing ideas for Mining Dead and Hell Night, but I want to get the community's take on them first. Previously, our last couple updates haven't been very well received, so I want to make sure people will be happy with the result before we work on it. Note that all these ideas would be for Hell Night and TMD.

Basically, there are two main changes we'd be making:
    - We would be changing the servers to 1.8+
    - We would be making a semi new map - It'd be the size of the old map, but the new builds.

We've seen the success of Havoc Horizons, and also the power of 1.8. With an optimized code base, we can hold a lot more people on a server, which makes for a more fun Mining Dead and Hell Night. One of the great things about the earliest version of the server was the natural pvp, where players would randomly find each other. With the current huge map, that doesn't happen as much. Also, players get less lag with Minecraft 1.8, so the experience is better for you guys. You will still be able to use 1.9+.

With 1.8 however, we'd need to make the following changes:
    - Gun Camos would be removed
    - Many melees would be removed
    *Edit: No Melees will need to be removed*

In my opinion, the melees aren't a big deal, as having a lot of them is good for realism, but doesn't really do much else. Camos could however, present a problem. A lot of people have bought many camos, and won't be happy. I was thinking of converting camos into skulls. For the people who spent tons of money, we could figure something else out.

As for the pros of 1.8:
    - Less client & server lag
    - A lot of people still play 1.8, so bigger player base
    - More people per server

Also, as mentioned, we are working on a new new map. This should be a good compromise, as it will have short travel times like the old map, but cool builds like the new one.

Would you guys be in favor of this, opposed, or do you have any suggestions? I'd love to here them.

I may not have made this clear - We would be keeping the new map builds, but rearranging them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    Great Ideas! 1.8 should help the server a lot :) Really hope you guys can fix the elo soon aswell, it's been broken for a while, it works for all the new people joining but then eventually breaks over time. Smaller map will be much better for everyone :) I was also thinking of an idea of Skywars with guns, idk seems unique and sounds fun.

Last edited:

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    Love the idea! also, not all TMD-1-7 servers get players, why not merge a few of them? only making it TMD-1-4 possibly? I don't see a point of separate TMD servers with only 4 players

Diligen

Titan
    HooverVC
    HooverVC HooverVC
    As long as melees still exist and people who purchased camos have an alternative, I don't see a problem! I love the idea of a smaller map! The new one is way too big!

Breezepelt

Mythical
    Breezepelt
    Breezepelt Breezepelt
    I like the ideas although some people may be upset with gun camos being removed. Would there be a possibility of making a different tmd that used 1.8 and the current tmd stay as it is?

haime

Yes!!! Havoc mc is the only server I ever play on that is not compatible with 1.8! Thank you so much Nick! I'm going to enjoy the changes.

SweetSarcasm

Love the idea! also, not all TMD-1-7 servers get players, why not merge a few of them? only making it TMD-1-4 possibly? I don't see a point of separate TMD servers with only 4 players
    this is a great idea, because everyone goes to 1 and then the new people are stuck trying to fight the OP people on 1 xD

xdeclanlee

Very excited to see this. I feel this will bring the old TMD players back and will help grow the server.
    One thing to note, maybe putting both TMD's together would be a better idea too. As it has seemed to divide the community in half.
    Although, I like your ideas!

xdeclanlee

Great Ideas! 1.8 should help the server a lot :) Really hope you guys can fix the elo soon aswell, it's been broken for a while, it works for all the new people joining but then eventually breaks over time. Smaller map will be much better for everyone :) I was also thinking of an idea of Skywars with guns, idk seems unique and sounds fun.
    Loving the idea of skywars with guns.

olothus

Mythical
    olothus
    olothus olothus
    so no riot shields as promised... :(

otherwise 1.8 would be fine....as most action on TMD does not require it....
    I remember playing in 1.8 and it did seem smoother....

As for comments:
    bring back working ovens for cooking
    tweak the passive spawns up just a bit <they seem lower on new map>

and all of the new buildings "look" great....
    but there are SO MANY places that builders made hard to get to, or find, or mini parkour...... that have no loot...
    all the loot is out in open easy to see places....there needs to be more "hard to find" loot... <think: the chest in the lights of cdc, hiding under a desk, etc>
    there needs to be more rooftop access <outside of atlanta, bigspot, morgans base>...many commerial business have ladders to their roof, and homes could have tree parkour......

and we need more small towns like the old map...sure they are not in the show, but just because they did not go there, does not mean that it is a vast empty plain....just because the 'survivors' did not travel to Savannah on the coast, does not mean that it is not there any more.....

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    so no riot shields as promised... :(

otherwise 1.8 would be fine....as most action on TMD does not require it....
    I remember playing in 1.8 and it did seem smoother....

As for comments:
    bring back working ovens for cooking
    tweak the passive spawns up just a bit <they seem lower on new map>

and all of the new buildings "look" great....
    but there are SO MANY places that builders made hard to get to, or find, or mini parkour...... that have no loot...
    all the loot is out in open easy to see places....there needs to be more "hard to find" loot... <think: the chest in the lights of cdc, hiding under a desk, etc>
    there needs to be more rooftop access <outside of atlanta, bigspot, morgans base>...many commerial business have ladders to their roof, and homes could have tree parkour......

and we need more small towns like the old map...sure they are not in the show, but just because they did not go there, does not mean that it is a vast empty plain....just because the 'survivors' did not travel to Savannah on the coast, does not mean that it is not there any more.....
    I vote that every builder gets 10 legend crates, 5 godly crates, and 5 rare crates, for the (sorry for languageI) "Bull****tery" that this would be after 7 months of building. How many builders are there, like 15? And it took them 7 months. If it takes that many people that long to make a map, then that shows some serious work went into it. You cant just delete the map because you want to "make it smaller". I can understand copy-pasting structures closer together, but ffs do not just delete everything. Not only that, but with 1.8, you have less blocks to retexture, so the quality of builds will be worse.

Shortening the map is fine. Go ahead. Removing melees? half of them were unused anyways, specifically things like dull knife. But killing the map? Hell the the No. And what about pvp? Half of the people who don't want to downgrade will be stuck with a hit cooldown, while other 1.8 people can spam hit and kill everyone with melee easy. How you gonna fix that? Give every builder the crates, and maybe throw in 100k, because this is just unfair to them. Ive already heard that some of them will resign because of this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.