Do you like these proposed changes?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kanyay

Champion
    Kanyay
    Kanyay Kanyay
    Great Ideas! 1.8 should help the server a lot :) Really hope you guys can fix the elo soon aswell, it's been broken for a while, it works for all the new people joining but then eventually breaks over time. Smaller map will be much better for everyone :) I was also thinking of an idea of Skywars with guns, idk seems unique and sounds fun.
    How would skywars with guns even work? People would just shoot others from their island.

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    I wish that instead of having Havoc Horizons reset and deleting all the progress, you should just add more expansions and other things.

But if there's a towny-type server added, I'd be fine with Horizons resetting.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    I wish that instead of having Havoc Horizons reset and deleting all the progress, you should just add more expansions and other things.

But if there's a towny-type server added, I'd be fine with Horizons resetting.
    i was thinking maybe just clear money, but that wouldn't fix pre-built cash farms. Rip

Jirache

Mythical
    Jirache
    Jirache Jirache
    I don't think I'm really liking this... But what would help to give a clear opinion would be two things: 1) What melees will be removed? 2) Will it be another reset? :(

5oup

Love these ideas :). This would increase the amount of players as 1.8 is primarily used over 1.9+. I just wish that the TMD/TMD-O servers could be combined again due to the fact that TMD-O receives 20-40 players on average everyday(not counting holidays and weekends, which warrant 30-60). I'd also like to see the mountain for berx brought back or the atlanta distance ratio from berx to be decreased, as that's an awful long trek.

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    Love these ideas :). This would increase the amount of players as 1.8 is primarily used over 1.9+. I just wish that the TMD/TMD-O servers could be combined again due to the fact that TMD-O receives 20-40 players on average everyday(not counting holidays and weekends, which warrant 30-60). I'd also like to see the mountain for berx brought back or the atlanta distance ratio from berx to be decreased, as that's an awful long trek.
    yes

Pawndah

Mythical
    Pawndah
    Pawndah Pawndah
    Hello all. We have some game changing ideas for Mining Dead and Hell Night, but I want to get the community's take on them first. Previously, our last couple updates haven't been very well received, so I want to make sure people will be happy with the result before we work on it. Note that all these ideas would be for Hell Night and TMD.

Basically, there are two main changes we'd be making:
    - We would be changing the servers to 1.8+
    - We would be making a semi new map - It'd be the size of the old map, but the new builds.

We've seen the success of Havoc Horizons, and also the power of 1.8. With an optimized code base, we can hold a lot more people on a server, which makes for a more fun Mining Dead and Hell Night. One of the great things about the earliest version of the server was the natural pvp, where players would randomly find each other. With the current huge map, that doesn't happen as much. Also, players get less lag with Minecraft 1.8, so the experience is better for you guys. You will still be able to use 1.9+.

With 1.8 however, we'd need to make the following changes:
    - Gun Camos would be removed
    - Many melees would be removed

In my opinion, the melees aren't a big deal, as having a lot of them is good for realism, but doesn't really do much else. Camos could however, present a problem. A lot of people have bought many camos, and won't be happy. I was thinking of converting camos into skulls. For the people who spent tons of money, we could figure something else out.

As for the pros of 1.8:
    - Less client & server lag
    - A lot of people still play 1.8, so bigger player base
    - More people per server

Also, as mentioned, we are working on a new new map. This should be a good compromise, as it will have short travel times like the old map, but cool builds like the new one.

Would you guys be in favor of this, opposed, or do you have any suggestions? I'd love to here them.

I may not have made this clear - We would be keeping the new map builds, but rearranging them.
    Hey nick, i was thinking maybe keeping 2 separate servers or maybe even 3, TMDO, TMD, and a Simple OLD OLD OLD TMD. I think this would increase Player base by atleast 25-35% and plus I've been hearing lots about how players want old TMD back so i mean why not give them what they want while keeping what we have? up to you. Also Im getting unbanned in 7 days so id love to see all the new builds and how u re-arrange them. and when you say re-arrange i was thinking take all the new builds and place them in where we had old tmd builds? so basically it would be the same map as the OLD tmd but new buildings? if that makes sense? anyways thx -pawndah

drago___12

Champion
    drago___12
    drago___12 drago___12
    I vote that every builder gets 10 legend crates, 5 godly crates, and 5 rare crates, for the (sorry for languageI) "Bull****tery" that this would be after 7 months of building. How many builders are there, like 15? And it took them 7 months. If it takes that many people that long to make a map, then that shows some serious work went into it. You cant just delete the map because you want to "make it smaller". I can understand copy-pasting structures closer together, but ffs do not just delete everything. Not only that, but with 1.8, you have less blocks to retexture, so the quality of builds will be worse.

Shortening the map is fine. Go ahead. Removing melees? half of them were unused anyways, specifically things like dull knife. But killing the map? Hell the the No. And what about pvp? Half of the people who don't want to downgrade will be stuck with a hit cooldown, while other 1.8 people can spam hit and kill everyone with melee easy. How you gonna fix that? Give every builder the crates, and maybe throw in 100k, because this is just unfair to them. Ive already heard that some of them will resign because of this.

i follow what this says. 7 months for the new map, a lot of time went into that map. if we get rid of it, one itll be sad because i like the distance(although it could be a slight bit smaller) between locations, the resource pack will have to change, a lot of items will be lost without the benefits of 1.9 and we will have people using more available mods, hacks whatever you classify it as.

if it goes back to a smaller map, will the locations be changed? i mean come on man, 7 months of hard work, building, decorating only to go back to a smaller map, with less weapons, content and less people actually staying. Leave it as the new map, with the 1.9+ updates, the new weapons every thing! if we go back to a smaller map what was the point of having people work on a larger map, whats the point of the updated resource pack? why do this.

The katana OP will be back, the builds will be too big for the map, (we would probably be able to see Sanctuary from Alexandria) the old resource pack is outdated, the builds will have to be converted to another new pack, It would just be, and pardon the **** out of my french, f**king stupid to erase all the hard work done in the last 12 months...

Everyone likes change to a degree, but reverting something back to what we upgraded from?

Can i make a suggestion Nick,

Maybe have a different server, where we have the old map on like 2 sub-servers.
    Example:

TMD-OS
    (The Mining Dead Old Style)
    Server 1 can be PVP and server 2 PVE, with what you're proposing, the new smaller map, less weapons and that.

Personally if we lose this much content i may actually stop playing, meaning i would like a refund of the money i have put into this. its sad if it comes to that.

PLEASE do not change what we have, just make a new sub-server with the changes on it.

I've applied for builder countless times, stating i would love to help with projects, to build, but they keep being denied.

I don't want these changes.

You mentioned:
    "As for the pros of 1.8:
    - Less client & server lag
    - A lot of people still play 1.8, so bigger player base
    - More people per server"

There are also cons, i listed most of them above.

Also does it mean that there will liable to be yet another reset of vaults, inventory, stats and money?
    We cant keep doing that, because if you throw all the new items recieved out the window, that leaves alot of stuff missing with no compensation, look at the back lash over the last clearing. it sucked.

please dont convert it back to 1.8, leave it at 1.9+ we have a better experience.

Please....

I leave you with a quote from Negan,

"Now, I know that is a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly will"

People i guess would have to do this, get over it that the server changed, but make a server with the new, old features is my suggestion.

-Drago___12

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    Hey nick, i was thinking maybe keeping 2 separate servers or maybe even 3, TMDO, TMD, and a Simple OLD OLD OLD TMD. I think this would increase Player base by atleast 25-35% and plus I've been hearing lots about how players want old TMD back so i mean why not give them what they want while keeping what we have? up to you. Also Im getting unbanned in 7 days so id love to see all the new builds and how u re-arrange them. and when you say re-arrange i was thinking take all the new builds and place them in where we had old tmd builds? so basically it would be the same map as the OLD tmd but new buildings? if that makes sense? anyways thx -pawndah

Again, how many times do we have to divide the server to see that division is not the answer to division?
    Dividing TMD already hasn't worked, why keep dividing it?

olothus

Mythical
    olothus
    olothus olothus
    Again, how many times do we have to divide the server to see that division is not the answer to division?

because it looks like they want to turn it into some minigame server like hypix or something

and some one else made a good point.....the number of hacks for 1.8....enough said....

BlackBandit04

Yay. To be honest 1.8 is way better for me i think. I think this is a great idea, the melees are not used much but the katana so ya i think this is great.

Pawndah

Mythical
    Pawndah
    Pawndah Pawndah
    i mean its either TMD or old tmd tbh and most people prefer old tmd

Sleep__Away

Mythical
    Sleep__Away
    Sleep__Away Sleep__Away
    Love the idea! also, not all TMD-1-7 servers get players, why not merge a few of them? only making it TMD-1-4 possibly? I don't see a point of separate TMD servers with only 4 players
    This would cause problems for people who has storage servers and gears in TMD-5 - TMD-7....

SamuelV

Great ideas, but i'm a little frustrated on the non-existing information on Mine Wars development. It's the only server of it's kind and you guys have a nice dedicated player base, but it's currently lacking on content. Its been up for a while now, would just be nice to know where you guys are standing on future developments. Sorry to be a hassle and keep up the great work!

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    UnknownMelody UnknownMelody
    I love these ideas. Adding 1.8 compatibility will make the server more accessible for players and will allow our player base to expand. It will be sad to see camos and some melees go, but it's totally worth it if it will help expand our player base. I think that if a player spent <$20 on camos, they should be compensated with skulls. If they spent >$20 on camos, they should get a shop voucher. Although this does open up availability for more hackers, the staff team is more than happy to help erase them. As for decreasing the size of the map, I love this idea as cities and towns will be closer together while still remaining extremely detailed and wonderful. It's a win/win situation in my eyes. c:
    Reminder to all players: If you find a hacker, /report them and we will look into it further. c:

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    if any wonderful people want to use a gun camo,either the servers textures or one of my customs, I have them all :p you could even switch melee skins XD

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    New map would have all the same builds, just less distance between them. 1.8 matters a lot. There will be 4 150 slot servers, and people will be given an opportunity to transfer all their stuff.

Why not 2 300 slot servers? And then instead of reducing the map size just keep it the same because the player amount would be big enough?

Status
    Not open for further replies.