• IP Copied!
  • Our Mining Dead Plans

BlackBandit04

This is great. I am really excited for hartsfeild. I also think its better to make the map smaller cause right now the map is so big you do find many people in the map anymore but the main spots.

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    All imma say is, if there was a dislike button. I'd click it no further discussion. Cya
    Thanks for going in depth.

What about vaults and inventories on the servers being removed? Will those items be transfered to another server or will those items be completely removed?

The whole thread could have simply been this sentence and I would still be in love with it. <3 Hartsfield <3
    So excited for this update! Keep up the great work. :)
    Players will be given warning to transfer their items to specified servers.

Brqd

Alright, I'll go into more depth then I did in my last comment. I have never really commented on here, but tonight this most likely will be my first and last. I understand that people like to play 1.8 then the newer updates cause some people never could, I suppose like the new idea of the new combat, but it doesn't mean we have to downgrade back to a lower version of mc we're missing out on so many fantastic possibilities for new guns, melee weapons, decorations, so on so forth. But back onto the main topic at hand as of today we did see the map will shrink to 6,000 x 6,000 only a 1,500 x 1,500 difference from the map we've now gotten yes the map is very big and has a couple of kinks with housing and the builds inside them but going to a lower verion leaves some much opportunity for new builds and many more, it is harder to have wars and communities but it also brings a decent feel of realism you couldn't in real life go to one location and end up there 3 minutes later the lengthy roads and highways that we have on the new map is just what the map needed. This comment will probably mean nothing to no one and we'll still go to 1.8 but atleast I'd bring out a small message to everyone who reads this, it's long yes but I thank you for taking the time and reading it.
    If there was a dislike button, I'd click it on the post above, no further discussion. Cya.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Harts is back! *dab*

But okay back on subject, isnt changing all of this a bit to sudden? We need to let the playerbase adjust to fife minute runs before we can change the map.
    basically they are gonna increase player size but decrease map size, so your gonna share harts. even if you bend the dude, another one will replace him

Silver_Eclipse_
    Silver_Eclipse_ Silver_Eclipse_
    Hello everyone. I'm making this post to let everybody know that we are now hard at work on bring TMD back to its best days. It may take around a month, but the end result will be worth it. Changes are as follows.

Reorganized Map
    The builders are making a reorganized map that is 6,000 x 6,000 blocks, similar to the old one. This should cut down travel times and allow us to have more zombies and players, so there will be more action. The map will use mostly the same builds as the old map.

Atlanta - The builders will be making a lot of changes to Atlanta. Firstly, it will be a lot smaller. Although awesome, the current Atlanta lacks a center of attention and conflict. We will also be removing a lot of the massive skyscrapers and scaling them down so they are similar to the previous map.

Old Locations - We are also adding back some revamped classic locations. For example, Hartsfield will be back.

We think this new map should allow us to have all the fun gameplay elements of the old map, while keeping the cool builds from the new one.

1.8 Support
    Minecraft 1.9 is inherently laggy. Both the server and client run a lot worse than 1.8 did. As a result, we are switching our server version to 1.8. Don't worry, you will still be able to connect with 1.9-1.11. Switching to 1.8 will allow the following changes:

More Players and Zombies
    We should be able to reach 150 players on a server, and perhaps we could have some massive Hell Nights. More on this later.

While making these changes we will scale down to four servers, two for PVP and two for PVE. We are still deciding on weather we are having an OP server separate, or having it as one of the PVP servers.

Also, if it wasn't clear earlier, no reset would occur.

What is everybody's opinion on this?

Also, congratz to Peach on Sr Mod.
    I like this idea but I'm worried about losing the stuff we have in our duffle bags on the servers that are being removed... Will the server to store our items have the ability to hold duffle bags or atleast enough storage so that we won't need to keep it all in our duffle bags? Also I'm worried that the players with 1.9 will have a disadvantage from the 1.8 players because of the pvp update it brought will there be a solution to this? Thanks for your time.

SeasonedPopcorn

Thoughts from an RPer's Perspective:
    So I first wanna say that I know that a very small minority of the community actually participates in some sort of role-playing; so I agree that the game shouldn't be tailored towards their needs, but rather the majority which is the "PVPers(?)", basically the TMD-1 players... However, this is THE MINING DEAD we're talking about!!! It's a Minecraft server spin off of the television show THE WALKING DEAD. There's so much potential that I see in the server to be perfect towards actually replicating the universe that we all know and love. And, so much of it is sacrificed for a more basic "Minecraft zombie apocalypse server". The last update was a step in the right direction imo, but removing 5-15 melee weapons!?!? That's insane!! The glory of the Mining Dead is through its massive and diverse world via the resource pack and you're willing to throw it away for "less lag" are you actually kidding me... As far as the new map v. 2 goes, I have no problem with areas implemented that aren't on the tv show. I just have a few recommendations for any builders who might read this:
    1. Get the Terrain right. If you've watched the tv show you'd know that a lot of the series actually takes place in dense southern forest, not vast plains which is what you have currently in the new map v. 1, and it's boring as F**k running across randomly generated plains by World Edit. Yes, I notice it and it's lazy on your end. There should be rivers, lakes, lots of custom trees (like what you have in Plyant right now), grass and flowers! Re-watch some tv show episodes and you'll get it.
    2. Prepare for Washington D.C. So, Atlanta and D.C are the two major cities in the Walking Dead universe. I'm sure that you're most likely going to have to build D.C one day (maybe that's what the "more content coming soon was on the online map??) so while your making this new map, perhaps leave space for it and get the location right with Atlanta being at the southern part of the map and D.C being at the northern part.
    3. Extras. Cloud height is screwed up, it's way too close. Also, you should strive to build in the world itself. Not copy and paste with world edit, that's also something I notice :). I agree smaller is better for less travel times, but the rural areas where you are travelling on roads: make something out of it. The map now feels so segregated in it's treasures, in that, there's just no point to leave cities. Make the wilderness as fun as the cities to explore!!

Thanks for reading!
    -SeasonedPopcorn

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    So I first wanna say that I know that a very small minority of the community actually participates in some sort of role-playing; so I agree that the game shouldn't be tailored towards their needs, but rather the majority which is the "PVPers(?)", basically the TMD-1 players... However, this is THE MINING DEAD we're talking about!!! It's a Minecraft server spin off of the television show THE WALKING DEAD. There's so much potential that I see in the server to be perfect towards actually replicating the universe that we all know and love. And, so much of it is sacrificed for a more basic "Minecraft zombie apocalypse server". The last update was a step in the right direction imo, but removing 5-15 melee weapons!?!? That's insane!! The glory of the Mining Dead is through its massive and diverse world via the resource pack and you're willing to throw it away for "less lag" are you actually kidding me... As far as the new map v. 2 goes, I have no problem with areas implemented that aren't on the tv show. I just have a few recommendations for any builders who might read this:
    1. Get the Terrain right. If you've watched the tv show you'd know that a lot of the series actually takes place in dense southern forest, not vast plains which is what you have currently in the new map v. 1, and it's boring as F**k running across randomly generated plains by World Edit. Yes, I notice it and it's lazy on your end. There should be rivers, lakes, lots of custom trees (like what you have in Plyant right now), grass and flowers! Re-watch some tv show episodes and you'll get it.
    2. Prepare for Washington D.C. So, Atlanta and D.C are the two major cities in the Walking Dead universe. I'm sure that you're most likely going to have to build D.C one day (maybe that's what the "more content coming soon was on the online map??) so while your making this new map, perhaps leave space for it and get the location right with Atlanta being at the southern part of the map and D.C being at the northern part.
    3. Extras. Cloud height is screwed up, it's way too close. Also, you should strive to build in the world itself. Not copy and paste with world edit, that's also something I notice :). I agree smaller is better for less travel times, but the rural areas where you are travelling on roads: make something out of it. The map now feels so segregated in it's treasures, in that, there's just no point to leave cities. Make the wilderness as fun as the cities to explore!!

Thanks for reading!
    -SeasonedPopcorn
    to fix the travel issue, they should either make car shells a findable item (because spawners are broken, adding a new item shouldn't be than hard, right?) even if it doesn't work at first, just having the item there to show something is being done about the car issue would be cool

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_

Thanks for reading!
    -SeasonedPopcorn
    There should be a gigantic road system connecting the whole map, with signs too so you know where youre going

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    And as for melees, remove things like hammers and screwdrivers, but keep the iconic dull knife :p. also, if you remove the gator axe, I'm replacing katana texture with the gator axe. A big, bright, dark blue gator axe.

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    And as for melees, remove things like hammers and screwdrivers, but keep the iconic dull knife :p. also, if you remove the gator axe, I'm replacing katana texture with the gator axe. A big, bright, dark blue gator axe.
    If one had to go, combat knife or bowie knife?