• IP Copied!
  • Our Mining Dead Plans

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    Hello everyone. I'm making this post to let everybody know that we are now hard at work on bringing TMD back to its best days. It may take around a month, but the end result will be worth it. Changes are as follows.

Reorganized Map
    The builders are making a reorganized map that is 6,000 x 6,000 blocks, similar to the old one. This should cut down travel times and allow us to have more zombies and players, so there will be more action. The map will use mostly the same builds as the old map.

Atlanta - The builders will be making a lot of changes to Atlanta. Firstly, it will be a lot smaller. Although awesome, the current Atlanta lacks a center of attention and conflict. We will also be removing a lot of the massive skyscrapers and scaling them down so they are similar to the previous map.

Old Locations - We are also adding back some revamped classic locations. For example, Hartsfield will be back.

We think this new map should allow us to have all the fun gameplay elements of the old map, while keeping the cool builds from the new one.

1.8 Support
    Minecraft 1.9 is inherently laggy. Both the server and client run a lot worse than 1.8 did. As a result, we are switching our server version to 1.8. Don't worry, you will still be able to connect with 1.9-1.11. Switching to 1.8 will allow the following changes:

More Players and Zombies
    We should be able to reach 150 players on a server, and perhaps we could have some massive Hell Nights. More on this later.

While making these changes we will scale down to four servers, two for PVP and two for PVE. We are still deciding on whether we are having an OP server separate, or having it as one of the PVP servers.

Also, if it wasn't clear earlier, no reset would occur.

What is everybody's opinion on this?

*Update: No melees would need to be removed.*

Also, congratz to Peach on Sr Mod.

Last edited:

The7thCpt

Extrospected
    Extrospected Extrospected
    Some Questions:
    - Will this new map require another reset of vaults/items?
    - Will stats be reset?
    - What effect will this have on safezones (I.E---> Will some be changed or removed?)
    - What will be specifically changed as a result of adding 1.8 support?

Thanks,
    - 7th

Kanyay

Champion
    Kanyay
    Kanyay Kanyay
    Some Questions:
    - Will stats be reset?
    - What effect will this have on safezones (I.E---> Will some be changed or removed?)

Thanks,
    - 7th
    Weapon camos and a few melee weapons will have be removed if 1.8 was added.

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    Some Questions:
    - Will stats be reset?

Thanks,
    - 7th

There will not be reset for items, stats, or anything else. All players will be teleported to a new spawn when we get the new map. As for safezones, it depends on the builders' choices, but I know for a fact Berxley will still be there.

The specifics of 1.8:
    - Camos removed
    - No dual wielding
    - 5-15 melees removed
    - We will have only 1 or 2 texture packs as opposed to 3.
    - Players will need to be in 1.9+ for a visual effect of zooming down sights
    - New Item: Bandage
    - When bit, players will bleed and will need a bandage
    - Supply drops added to TMD?
    - 4 or 5 servers as opposed to 8
    - Probably more I can't think of

Will there be overrun safezones?
    Probably

The7thCpt

Extrospected
    Extrospected Extrospected
    More Questions:
    - Will there be changes in the current resource pack's textures? (Basic Pack)
    - Any effect on teams?
    - Is TMD's "Spawn" still being redone?

- 7th

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    There will not be reset for items, stats, or anything else. All players will be teleported to a new spawn when we get the new map. As for safezones, it depends on the builders' choices, but I know for a fact Berxley will still be there.

The specifics of 1.8:
    - Camos removed
    - No dual wielding
    - 5-15 melees removed
    - We will have only 1 or 2 texture packs as opposed to 3.
    - Players will need to be in 1.9+ for a visual effect of zooming down sights
    - New Item: Bandage
    - When bit, players will bleed and will need a bandage
    - Supply drops added to TMD?
    - 4 or 5 servers as opposed to 8
    - Probably more I can't think of

Probably
    Will Fort Garrison be overrun? Because that's something I've wanted to see since the new map was released.

Jirache

Mythical
    Jirache
    Jirache Jirache
    I was extremely excited about the new map, and since you asked us how we felt, I would just like to say, "ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME RIGHT NOW??? ;-; XJFOEJOGW" Just kidding. But, I am mostly sad because I did like the huge Atlanta, and the bigger community areas.
    Questions:

Will the strip club still be around? ;-;
    What melees will be removed?

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Not sure yet. At the very least a bandage texture will be added.

Low chance
    What does this update mean for kit items? And for the people who have inventory items they want to store, will there still be an extra temporary server solely for storing items during the map change? And for the aiming, does this mean 1.8 users are stuck with bad accuracy? (because they cant aim) and will 1.9+ users still be stuck with that dumb hit recharge?

https://havocmc.net/threads/havoc-mc-changes-discord-chat-updates.2881/ (just so its here, this thread isn't as bad with its comments as other related threads)

Last edited:

ReigninRain

Hello everyone. I'm making this post to let everybody know that we are now hard at work on bring TMD back to its best days. It may take around a month, but the end result will be worth it. Changes are as follows.

Reorganized Map
    The builders are making a reorganized map that is 6,000 x 6,000 blocks, similar to the old one. This should cut down travel times and allow us to have more zombies and players, so there will be more action. The map will use mostly the same builds as the old map.

Atlanta - The builders will be making a lot of changes to Atlanta. Firstly, it will be a lot smaller. Although awesome, the current Atlanta lacks a center of attention and conflict. We will also be removing a lot of the massive skyscrapers and scaling them down so they are similar to the previous map.

Old Locations - We are also adding back some revamped classic locations. For example, Hartsfield will be back.

We think this new map should allow us to have all the fun gameplay elements of the old map, while keeping the cool builds from the new one.

1.8 Support
    Minecraft 1.9 is inherently laggy. Both the server and client run a lot worse than 1.8 did. As a result, we are switching our server version to 1.8. Don't worry, you will still be able to connect with 1.9-1.11. Switching to 1.8 will allow the following changes:

More Players and Zombies
    We should be able to reach 150 players on a server, and perhaps we could have some massive Hell Nights. More on this later.

While making these changes we will scale down to four servers, two for PVP and two for PVE. We are still deciding on weather we are having an OP server separate, or having it as one of the PVP servers.

What is everybody's opinion on this?

Also, congratz to Peach on Sr Mod.
    So are you reseting all servers and setting it to four or just Deleting every other server except for 1,2,3,4?
    And if possible can you tell me all the old buildings that are coming back? :D

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    I was extremely excited about the new map, and since you asked us how we felt, I would just like to say, "ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME RIGHT NOW??? ;-; XJFOEJOGW" Just kidding. But, I am mostly sad because I did like the huge Atlanta, and the bigger community areas.
    Questions:

Will the strip club still be around? ;-;
    What melees will be removed?
    strip club will stay

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    UnknownMelody UnknownMelody
    4 or 5 servers as opposed to 8
    What about vaults and inventories on the servers being removed? Will those items be transfered to another server or will those items be completely removed?

Hartsfield will be back.
    The whole thread could have simply been this sentence and I would still be in love with it. <3 Hartsfield <3
    So excited for this update! Keep up the great work. :)

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    What about vaults and inventories on the servers being removed? Will those items be transfered to another server or will those items be completely removed?

The whole thread could have simply been this sentence and I would still be in love with it. <3 Hartsfield <3
    So excited for this update! Keep up the great work. :)
    Im just gonna leave your post for @_Tachi_ , who wanted harts back more than everyone else (you and him are tied XD)