• Sale, Update Info, & Poll

What should we do in terms of TMD-1 & TMD OP

• Total voters

3sw

Titan
    3sw
    3sw 3sw
    THE BEST SOLUTION FOR PAIN SPAMMING:
    Simply make them more expensive and only stackable to 16 pains per stack...

Atosmic

Mythical
    Atosmic
    Atosmic Atosmic
    My first reply was probably not the best as I didn't have time to give a proper answer so now I am going to try and explain what I really think about the merging.
    By the looks of the pole the community is very split even though there are more votes to merge. It seems to me that there are people unhappy either way and the only option is to choose the one that makes the least amount of people unhappy, so I'm going to let the votes speak for itself.

Personally I would prefer to merge as long as the promises are kept. I was previously told that my opinion is based off of keeping my stuff which is very true but it doesn't make me wrong. I have worked very hard for that stuff and it would be quite annoying just to see it go, so I really hope this saving inventory solution will work. My opinion however is not just based on this but it does make a big impact on it.
    The biggest problem you have brought up is that the new players will have to adapt to the change as well as having to deal with being on the same TMD as some of the best players. Starting from the bottom and building your way up is something that takes place in every game. The challenge of having to deal with good players makes the game more interesting. If TMD1 and TMDO merge and the old mechanics are brought back and it will be similar to the TMD before the reset where most people were happy. Once the change occurs many of the new players might enjoy the old mechanics and sure they might have to adapt but that is not always a bad thing.

There is much more I could go on about but I think I have said enough. This is just my opinion and I may be wrong but I am just trying to do my best to help people come to a conclusion. Also I really like how the new map is going.

KNOXsooKID

Titan
    KNOXsooKID
    KNOXsooKID KNOXsooKID
    There is why I think those two servers should be kept separated.

To get an opinion, I've searched servers who are in competition with ours, and ended up with only one :
    The Walking Dead Craft Survival. Even if this one exist, he still lack in texture pack, details by dedicated staff and fans, and in graphic. Others zombie survival servers or games are different enough not to be similar.

What TMD game offer :
    a) 100% customized environment; even the tree are all handmade
    b) Who help to create this insane devastated and so detailed atmosphere
    c) Who open room for RP by offering more than 40 kits, to be played
    d) Where players could create community, start wars and experience every scene see on TV
    e) Exploring, looting, hunting, scavenging are just a few of the reason to play
    f) Right scaled buildings and vehicle that you almost could all interact with
    g) His own shooters systems

Why do I disagree with including pain without cooldown
    a) It remove realism and negate RP
    Quote : A Telltale Games series
    Kirkman has said that, unlike typical zombie games such as Left 4 Dead, it focuses more on characterization, character development, and emotion than action.
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(Video_Game)
    b) There is less focus on survival and more on individual built up
    Quote : The walking dead survival instinct
    Supplies will be scarce and players will need to carefully manage rations, ammunition and supplies as they make their way through the game.
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_Survival_Instinct
    c) The abuse is just too heavy, as example when a players use high CPS, my computer get delay, then every single action become a pain.
    d) If the only reason to merge those server is to benefit players who have invested real money, those kind of people would never be happy by anyway.
    e) As said in the description, what could think any new players if he just kept been abused by overqualified players, then keep losing even after looting nice equipment because he din't know we could spam pain. Do you think this guy would like to came back?
    f) Just try to answer the question : Who rule TWD world in the TV show and Comic?
    i) The zombies
    ii) Psycho like Negan and his crew
    iii) Jugg players

g) Just talking about RP, If a players who have Titan rank would not like to randomly re-spawn with a characters kit, without access to his Vault in the first 5min, why would any VIP or new players would like it too?

h) Just check stats about players choice in Hell night. What is more commonly chosen as game type? Normal or legendary loot? I've read that some players would not like legendary loot because its too hard to fight back the lucky players equipped with golden barret or golden desert eagle.

I) So in a way to help staff to stabilize differences in the shooting systems. I vote to cut in abusive behaviors first.

So I don't say that I would never like to play a game where CPS is more important than strategy, if I upgrade to a better computer one day, but for the Sake of RP plays and competition, please keep separated the two battle systems! One for experimented players, and one for the new one, to leave them space to learn while having fun and to play a characters.
    I reallly like this so I liked it.

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    I was referring to there will be a cap of we don't merge.
    Another question, is some of the old code coming back or is it just the new map? Because back in the day it wasn't possible to tank multiple people barreting you at once in riot. The new map will be really cool, but is that all that's changing?

Magnificum

Titan
    Magnificum
    Magnificum Magnificum
    In my opinion, the last con to the merge doesn't seem like it'd occur. I remember long before the reset that the map had distinct locations. Those who took the fighting seriously often fought at specific locations leaving others to venture, and remain in different parts of the map. Even Atlanta was separated into two segments. There was a side where the juggernaut wars took place, and a side where the new players would go. It felt that new players would step into the territory of the "veterans" very rarely. Also, I used to vouch for the overpowered side of the server to be removed, but after some more time, I began to really enjoy it. It has a really unique feature, painkillers. It's simply a new form of combat. The current main server features very, very short PvP. I wouldn't call it very enjoyable to be shot from the back, and have no way to recover other than to run away which is very unlikely due to your impending death. The overpowered server provides a unique experience to those who're interested in fighting with something other than the generic diamond sword. I recently started recording my gameplay throughout the server, and comparing the gameplay between the two current servers shows a drastic difference. A good war would last much longer in the overpowered mode than the current, regular mode. New players might rage being killed, but they'll rage despite what killed them. I remember my first day on the server where I was killed by a player with an M4 Carbine, and instantly quit. It would have been the same case with a juggernaut who blew me to bits with a Spas-12. Point is, if a player is really dedicated to a server then they'll soon rejoin. I believe I'm a solid example of that. I'm now vouching for the merge even though my current opinion contradicts my past opinion. I used to want the overpowered mode removed, but that's not the case anymore. We need the overpowered server, and basic server to merge! This is just my opinion though, but I do feel strongly about what I've said throughout my thread.

5oup

Honestly, the community on the old tmd servers(with no tmd op, just regular tmd with spam pains) was far better than the current tmd servers where the communities are divided. I honestly preferred having spam pains on regular tmd servers(the old way) because there was more room for a better economy amongst all players(aside from the duping that occurred on the last map). With this new update - possibly no duping glitches will be existent, promoting a greater economy overall. To be honest, there is no difference between the old server and the new tmd 1-7 servers aside from pains(old tmd and new tmd, not including op). Knowing this, merging the servers would promote a higher player count on a day-to-day basis like the old server. I just hope that people with autoclicker/macros are at a disadvantage with this new update because they're rampantly hacking on the current server. In addition to this I'd like to bring up something within regards to barretts. No-scoping with a barrett should be nerfed extremely hard, as it is basically point and shoot at this point.

#MERGETMD
    #MERGETMD
    #MERGETMD
    #KEEPSPAMPAINS
    #REMOVENOSCOPING

Last edited:

5oup

Dude it was just a suggestion dont over react. Wow.
    How is that, in any way, shape, or form, an overreaction? He stated that you made him cringe(A natural reflex :}). If he said you made him want to drink bleach, your statement would be valid.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    How is that, in any way, shape, or form, an overreaction? He stated that you made him cringe(A natural reflex :}). If he said you made him want to drink bleach, your statement would be valid.

Alright im done. Cringe - 'experience an inward shiver of embarrassment or disgust.' First things first he is embarrassed or disgusted by my suggestion about a game where everyone one is putting in the 2 pence? Really! A rational reaction would be calmly and logicly stating his personal belief and opinion on why it would not work and suggesting ways it coukd work if we tweak my idea a little. I think its obvious that it was for as they say 'for the meme' Id place money on the fact he did not ' experience an inward shiver of embarrassment or disgust' Its the type of crap like that that dose not impact the the server positively. Example of rational reaction "I respect your point but heres a few reasons I think it will not work" cringe is such a over used word thanks to *cough* leafy, that people use it in places where it dod not need to be there. Its like unnecessarily saying 'hip' things because the popular people do it, they use it in the correct time in the right context, but thanks to the internet its chucked around as if its a normal reaction. If i had said some thing that didnt contribute to tje server whatsoever then and I quote you, his 'statement would be valid.' But its not so much the word cringe that it is the the context of said situation. Look at it with basic facts, I gave a few examples and suggestions that people may or may not agree with, its my opinion that it could help and im intitled to my opinion, and so is he. He replyed with, not creative critsism, but a stupid unnecessary comment that doesn't benfit the server in anyway and that belittled my intelligence as if to say, My gosh you are dumb how could you think like that. I called him out, I could of made a massive deal like i have with this but at the time I could not care less about the situation. He said something that he most likely picked up off the internet (I cant blame him everyone does) and is using it to belittle peoples ideas and opnions and using it as a means to disagree without giving a valid opinion. That my friend is overreacting. A Human reflex correct, but in that context, there was nothing to cringe at. P.s I rushed typed this sorry for grammer and spelling.

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    I'm for merging it. I remember being a noob and getting obliterated back in the day. But in my opinion the server's fun enough to get people addicted, and getting blasted as a noob only creates tougher and smarter veterans in terms of PVP. There are plenty of locations noobs can go to before they start going to popular locations, that is if they don't rage quit the first time they die. I remember spending my time hiding in "Morgans Town" and just looting it over and over again until I thought I was ready to take on Atlanta. I died every time but each time you die as a noob you learn a little more.
    And lol what's with the #Bringbacktheoldmap??? That one doesn't even compare to what we're working on now, have you not seen my trailer?

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    I'm for merging it. I remember being a noob and getting obliterated back in the day. But in my opinion the server's fun enough to get people addicted, and getting blasted as a noob only creates tougher and smarter veterans in terms of PVP. There are plenty of locations noobs can go to before they start going to popular locations, that is if they don't rage quit the first time they die. I remember spending my time hiding in "Morgans Town" and just looting it over and over again until I thought I was ready to take on Atlanta. I died every time but each time you die as a noob you learn a little more.
    And lol what's with the #Bringbacktheoldmap??? That one doesn't even compare to what we're working on now, have you not seen my trailer?

Going have to agree with you there, side point I myself make cinematic trailers. I made one for TMD for a channel trailer but I removed it because I wasn't planning on filming at that point, a nay way watching your trailer it look amazing but you can make it look so much better with the replay mod, in 8 days I'm unbanned, mind if I pm you some shots of what you could do with it?

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR

Ja, I have, Atlanta looks amazing ;)

Brqd

It is currently like 1.8 - people just got better with pains.
    Hmmmmm, the barett is like 1.8 as well? And jugg helps the the same? If so, then I don't think people became better at paining... Maybe more people just realized what macros were or something. Cuz it does not feel like 1.8 pvp tbh.

Al_Cool

Champion
    Al_Cool
    Al_Cool Al_Cool
    Opening :
    What would be the point of view off the writters of the comic and the series, about this battle mecanic or this game?
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Darabont
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kirkman

Compromise :
    Thinking twice, If staff find a way to create a more chanllenging non pvp server, about surviving, this one could serve as training for the new players. Kind of compromise.

Merging TMDO-1 with TMD-1, while keeping TMD-2 as PvE

Thumb up!
    ----
    I would definitely appreciate playing on a more populated server, at all hours of the day.
    And I would probably end up appreciating the use of "instant" painkillers

That way, almost everyone would be happy, but for now I don't want to change my vote :p

Thumb down!
    ----
    Here is an example of a video that influenced my vote
    Fortunately I had kept this discouraging video where 5 player "Jugg" are not enough to kill one.

In addition, the player uses a "***" mode to frame creatures; Including players. It allows him to reveal the position of players. Even that player on a roof, more than 200 cubes away.

So If this is that kind of mode you miss guys, I'm really against it!

Conclusion :
    But, I'm reasonable. If people really think they could built something viable, why not giving it a try?

The only question left for me : After the update, would this game be an intelligent spin on the overcrowded zombie sub-genre, who would be as realist and thrilling enough that we could feel taking part of the walking dead story? Note : Reading critics
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_walking_dead/

Ps. Thk KNOXsooKID
    Edit : Thk Brqd and Kyritic, I've updated my spelling!

Last edited:

Brqd

Opening :
    What would be the point of view off the writters of the comic and the series, about this battle mecanic or this game?
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Darabont
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kirkman

Compromise :
    Thinking twice, If staff find a way to create a more chanllenging non pvp server, about surviving, this one could serve as training for the new players. Kind of compromise.

Merging TMDO-1 with TMD-1, while keeping TMD-2 as PvE

Thumb up!
    ----
    I surely could appreciate playing on more populated server, at any hours of the day.
    And I may end up enjoying the use of Pains.

That way, almost everyone would be happy, but for now I don't want to change my vote :p

Thumb down!
    ----
    Some ugly things who influenced my vote :

I know I've kept that ugly video where 5 Jugg, vs 1 it's enough... to kill him!

At the same time, the guy use "***" mode to lockdown any Creatures incuding players. Act like revealing players position. Even for the one on a rooftop, 200 blocks away.

So If this is that kind of mode you miss guys, I'm seriously not In!!!

Conclusion :
    But, I'm reasonable. If people really think they could built something viable, why not giving it a try?

The only question left for me could resume as. After the update, would this game be an intelligent spin on the overcrowded zombie sub-genre, as realist and thrilling enough we could still feel taking part of the walking dead story? Note : Reading critics
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_walking_dead/

Ps. Thk KNOXsooKID
    I'm not not being rude, but honestly I had trouble understanding this post.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    I think our main concern is that this becomes a walking dead server not a PvP server with barley functionable zombies. I understand that you may want to go for realism, but if you running this game off Minecraft it won't work, Make Zombies Faster. I have it on my server, not as fast as the zombie baby's but faster and they could spawn in clumps of 5, I think this is what we should focas on, from looking the Post, the majority is up for the merge but its the gameplay mechanics people are concerned about, I hope you find someway to make the gameplay mechanics work and the zombies interesting again

Atosmic

Mythical
    Atosmic
    Atosmic Atosmic
    THE BEST SOLUTION FOR PAIN SPAMMING:
    Simply make them more expensive and only stackable to 16 pains per stack...
    Personally I would quit if that happened and I'm sure many other people would to. It would probably make things worse.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    Personally I would quit if that happened and I'm sure many other people would to. It would probably make things worse.
    I think thats completely unreasonable, I'm sure others would have the audacity to try the system out, The current state of PVP on TMD and TMDO is terrible, its legit only a PvP server rather than a walking dead server, the PvP is so unrealistic. Realism is What I think and hope Havoc's going for.