• IP Copied!
  • Sale, Update Info, & Poll

What should we do in terms of TMD-1 & TMD OP

• Total voters

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    Just make them more expensive, The most logical and realistic pain mechanics should be you can take them as quick as you want, but when you spam them you "overdose" and get weakness for a 60 second period. Also dumb question, Rank upgrades still work when banned correct? i wanna buy something in the sale.
    Rank upgrades still work o_O. Also, I think current OP players would be upset with overdose, and current TMD players wouldn't like spam

Also what is up with this mythical rank and what does it do differently?
    Rank we thought about adding, but we haven't ever done anything with it

The update was supposed to be "Mid April", come on guys, please tell the truth when the update will actually happen. Also please take consideration for the Builders who grind their arses off on making another map(they aren't game developers, the whole thing here is voluntary) like what happened last time with the current map...
    It's extremely hard to predict when stuff will be ready, we thought it would be mid April but with some stuff going slower than we thoughtm it got pushed back.

#Merge
    Just make things exactly like the 1.8 update.. it was perfect and even if people had pains you could easily kill them if you were a good shot or snuck up on them. Only thing stopping people from playing TMDO at the moment is that some people tank almost everything so it gets annoying, TMD-1 is more survival which I like but also is unfair if you are outnumbered and it is extremely hard to recover from shots. The merge will make the community stronger and obviously some people will get upset but if they really care about the server it won't matter too much.
    New players will get obliterated and leave. Also, I don't think you can say that people will get upset, but it won't matter much if they really care about the server, when in the past we've removed pains and people got very mad - it mattered a lot.

#MERGETMD
    Its seems like a good plan as long as we get to keep our stuff.
    It is likely that people will get used to all the changes.
    OP players didn't get used to the changes to normal TMD. Also, it seems like your opinion is based on just keeping your stuff.

There is why I think those two servers should be kept separated.

To get an opinion, I've searched servers who are in competition with ours, and ended up with only one :
    The Walking Dead Craft Survival. Even if this one exist, he still lack in texture pack, details by dedicated staff and fans, and in graphic. Others zombie survival servers or games are different enough not to be similar.

What TMD game offer :
    a) 100% customized environment; even the tree are all handmade
    b) Who help to create this insane devastated and so detailed atmosphere
    c) Who open room for RP by offering more than 40 kits, to be played
    d) Where players could create community, start wars and experience every scene see on TV
    e) Exploring, looting, hunting, scavenging are just a few of the reason to play
    f) Right scaled buildings and vehicle that you almost could all interact with
    g) His own shooters systems

Why do I disagree with including pain without cooldown
    a) It remove realism and negate RP
    Quote : A Telltale Games series
    Kirkman has said that, unlike typical zombie games such as Left 4 Dead, it focuses more on characterization, character development, and emotion than action.
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(Video_Game)
    b) There is less focus on survival and more on individual built up
    Quote : The walking dead survival instinct
    Supplies will be scarce and players will need to carefully manage rations, ammunition and supplies as they make their way through the game.
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_Survival_Instinct
    c) The abuse is just too heavy, as example when a players use high CPS, my computer get delay, then every single action become a pain.
    d) If the only reason to merge those server is to benefit players who have invested real money, those kind of people would never be happy by anyway.
    e) As said in the description, what could think any new players if he just kept been abused by overqualified players, then keep losing even after looting nice equipment because he din't know we could spam pain. Do you think this guy would like to came back?
    f) Just try to answer the question : Who rule TWD world in the TV show and Comic?
    i) The zombies
    ii) Psycho like Negan and his crew
    iii) Jugg players

g) Just talking about RP, If a players who have Titan rank would not like to randomly re-spawn with a characters kit, without access to his Vault in the first 5min, why would any VIP or new players would like it too?

h) Just check stats about players choice in Hell night. What is more commonly chosen as game type? Normal or legendary loot? I've read that some players would not like legendary loot because its too hard to fight back the lucky players equipped with golden barret or golden desert eagle.

I) So in a way to help staff to stabilize differences in the shooting systems. I vote to cut in abusive behaviors first.

So I don't say that I would never like to play a game where CPS is more important than strategy, if I upgrade to a better computer one day, but for the Sake of RP plays and competition, please keep separated the two battle systems! One for experimented players, and one for the new one, to leave them space to learn while having fun and to play a characters.
    I've played on servers where there was a specific server that was "for" new players. Wonder if something like that can work. I will tell you, the survival aspect of the server will improve. The new map is more detailed, it's a bit easier to travel, and there will be more encounters with players, which is usually fun.

Just playing devil's advocate.

Goners

Mythical
    Goners
    Goners Goners
    Or make pains not stackable
    There is no point of doing this. The server is dying, ruining pains by making them unstackable will make the server die even more so. I think at this point they are trying everything they can to make the server better so players can come back!

Brqd

Also @_Nickk ... You mentioned that you've been on a server that had a specific server for new players. A good idea could be a practice server. If you have ever been on Badlion people can 1v1 each other to improve their skills when they play on other pvp servers such as factions. With a 1v1 arena game mode for TMD new players will be able to 1v1 eachother without the fear of losing their stuff, and getting better at the same time. This will help them become prepared for what they will face in normal TMD.

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    Back in the old tmd days, no one cared about the pain spamming and inf being inf. Now that they know what its like, they hate tmdo physics. I wish the update never happened, but it did. oh well. Anyways, the problem isn't jut the map. We want it to be possible to actually kill people again, and auto clickers not ruling the game. PLayers will slowly get used to these changes overtime, some will quit but new players will come and old players will return
    #MergeTMD

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    Also @_Nickk ... You mentioned that you've been on a server that had a specific server for new players. A good idea could be a practice server. If you have ever been on Badlion people can 1v1 each other to improve their skills when they play on other pvp servers such as factions. With a 1v1 arena game mode for TMD new players will be able to 1v1 eachother without the fear of losing their stuff, and getting better at the same time. This will help them become prepared for what they will face in normal TMD.
    Maybe that, but the winner gets some sort of reward? Idk

GodOfThorns

Mythical
    GodOfThorns
    GodOfThorns GodOfThorns

I really like this idea, could you post this in the suggestion forums?

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    I'm not sure if you have all of the old plugins and server stuff when it was 1.8 but if you just make it the same as that then everything will be fine, then we can work from there.

saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian
    also can you post the tmd contest results. i want everyone to know my very crappy map somehow won 7th in tmd contest, even tho the only relation to the walking dead it had was fort bennington.

Brqd

Maybe that, but the winner gets some sort of reward? Idk
    I think that it should purely just be for practice, but no reward. With rewards for winning a 1v1, people would just pull their alts on and boost. 1v1s being purely for practice would probably be the best way to go.

Lucky_Cannon

So what I'm hearing is amazing but a couple questions will there be a cap on infinite if they merge? Let's say u had your inventory full on tmd-2 will u need to save it with the commands? Will vaults be reset?

#MakeTMDGreatAgain
    #Merge
    #BringBackTheOldenDays

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    I'm not sure if you have all of the old plugins and server stuff when it was 1.8 but if you just make it the same as that then everything will be fine, then we can work from there.
    It is currently like 1.8 - people just got better with pains.

also can you post the tmd contest results. i want everyone to know my very crappy map somehow won 7th in tmd contest, even tho the only relation to the walking dead it had was fort bennington.
    I'll ask Jacob about it.

So what I'm hearing is amazing but a couple questions will there be a cap on infinite if they merge? Let's say u had your inventory full on tmd-2 will u need to save it with the commands? Will vaults be reset?

#MakeTMDGreatAgain
    #Merge
    #BringBackTheOldenDays
    Cap depends on if we merge. You won't need to do anything to your vault or inv on TMD-2

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151

#MakeTMDGreatAgain
    #Merge
    #BringBackTheOldenDays
    lets hope theres no inf cap

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    It is currently like 1.8 - people just got better with pains.

I'll ask Jacob about it.

Cap depends on if we merge. You won't need to do anything to your vault or inv on TMD-2
    SO if we merge, there will be an inf cap? NOOOOOO
    Back in the old days there wasn't an inf cap and it was merged, why add it back now?

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    I'm sorry to put it like this but I've been thinking it for a while since I started here: Do you guys really think any of these measures will bring the game to what it was?

I played here for some months but I've seen the rise and fall of countless games/servers and let me tell you: None of that has anything to do with some specific aspects. If things start getting hard (changes, lag, available playing time etc) people will just move on, you can't change this fact without rolling back in time.

Please for the sake of the ACTUAL players do it for the actual community, don't try to roll back in time because theres absolutely no guarantee it will make it 'better' per si. Listen to the actual majority players, not only in the forums but theres a WHOLE BUNCH of people playing that don't even access havocmc.net. Listen them, they are way more valuable than this 75 votes (atm) we have right now or they will wake up and find a whole bunch of changes that were never spoken (like the sudden cars in loot bags, making the whole car-parts scavenging vanish, breaking a fun part of the already-dying looting fun. And now, sudden delays for using dufflebags). I feel that this is a gambling a lot of servers did and backfired so, again, bring this whole changes for it's actual players.

Edit: Before anyone thinks I've never seen these announces, I've been playing like crazy for the past months and, even not being able to register in the forums I've been watching these threads.

Last edited: