do you think this is the problem?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    I've seen a lot of helpful criticism and well complaining. By both mature people and 5 year old's who claim to be 11. But those post's say it all the server is dying I dont care that it is I will play until I leave again. I remember the days when it felt like I was on top of the world everybody knew me from the forums I led a community at the CDC it was great. Then I moved on from that and started doing mostly exclusive TMD-1 and I remember the times when I couldn't get on it TMD-2 and TMD-3. Those days are gone at least for now. Something went wrong and it hasn't gotten fixed. A problem going under the radar and I think I know what it is. The top players. I mean no offence to anybody but simply the advantage they have over the average player is massive. Free jug amazing kits you name it they had it. People got sick of going out of the SZ and just being killed 1 in 1 hit by a barret. I know this because when I go on in the afternoon people are just spamming jug war at prison jug war at CDC 1 half 1 full at alex! Its messages like these that clearly advertise the rein of the top. I think many players who did not like this just went over to server 3 and now that server 5 is gone they role-players just fill that place up wherever they go the chat is spammed and actual communitys at places like the CDC are annoying to be in because they just fill up the chat. I have no solution I just identified the problem.

Comments section debate.

Well to solve the role playing thing the server should just add server 5 again. About the jug wars people don't have to go to them I mean there fun for me and others but I do see some hate them. There should be a extra Tmd server that doesent have jug or legends and debuffed donors so people who like and don't like jug wars can have fun too.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I couldn't agree more. I miss the old days, back in late 2013- early 2014. I do think TMDO should be brought back so that OGs may use legendaries, jugg, etc., so that new players get a chance. Hopefully, if communication between the build/staff team and the players improves, we can start pushing these greater changes. I have always advocated for a hard reset/reworking of the server, so maybe that could be an option?

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Well to solve the role playing thing the server should just add server 5 again. About the jug wars people don't have to go to them I mean there fun for me and others but I do see some hate them. There should be a extra Tmd server that doesent have jug or legends and debuffed donors so people who like and don't like jug wars can have fun too.
    You make a good point but those wars take place at the places with the best loot. What's more when they die or there is not a war they sit around waiting and while thats going on they just kill anyone who leaves the SZ.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    I couldn't agree more. I miss the old days, back in late 2013- early 2014. I do think TMDO should be brought back so that OGs may use legendaries, jugg, etc., so that new players get a chance. Hopefully, if communication between the build/staff team and the players improves, we can start pushing these greater changes. I have always advocated for a hard reset/reworking of the server, so maybe that could be an option?
    A rework yes a reset no. People left after the last one and another will send the server to its death bed and bury it in the ground.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx

I do not want a hard reset. I wasted too much irl money back in the day and I'd lose all my stuff.

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    Dear Cat,

The server roughly gets 200-300 players on a good day. Adding a TMD-OP server would be unrealistic at this point in time. Just the fact being that if they did add a TMD-OP, there wouldn't be a difference then it is now.. That'd split TMD-1 / TMD-2 players into TMD-OP and leave the main servers dangling. With that change the owners would probably change the pain delay on the tmd-1/tmd-2, like how it was before. From my view, this really wouldn't be a reasonable solution. Also, the server previously had a reset about a year or so ago. Many players left the community after that. I understand juggernaut, legends, etc are over rated right now, but you can't have that the cause of a reset. A reset happened before because of tons of duping that was involved.

~ Brian F.

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    killing new players and keeping the server from growing?

Dear Butter,

We the players here at Havoc purchase item(s) from the shop to support the server. We also buy them to have more guns, armor, money, etc. You can't really blame players who feel the need to donate the reason for the server not growing.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Dear Butter,

We the players here at Havoc purchase item(s) from the shop to support the server. We also buy them to have more guns, armor, money, etc. You can't really blame players who feel the need to donate the reason for the server not growing.
    Im not blaming them what i'm saying is that these actions contribute by turning new players away.

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Captain_Furno Captain_Furno
    Dear Butter,

Im not blaming them what i'm saying is that these actions contribute by turning new players away.

Both of you have very valid points on the subject. While @Dragonicks is saying that we donate to support the server and get perks, @SirButteralotIII is saying that players that have ranks with a higher advantage seem to overwhelm new players on how they are going to survive.

How about this?

Instead of figuring out how to even out the chances by lowering the advantages of ranked players, what about raising the chances of new players with certain kits and tools while still allowing ranked players to have a slight edge, but most of the time, somewhat even.

I believe we can start with how much money everyone gets when killing walkers (because for new people, that is 90% of your income [other 10% are vote crates]) and the subject on Juggernaut armor pieces or legendary weapons. These are what divides the line between ranked and non-ranked players.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I do not want a hard reset. I wasted too much irl money back in the day and I'd lose all my stuff.
    Eh, a hard reset is pretty extreme, but it could be necessary. And by hard reset, I mean go full CraftGasm--> shut the server down for a bit, rework and fix as much as possible, bring it back for beta testing, rework some more stuff etc., then bring the server back with a whole new, revamped life. Again, a bit extreme, but could be necessary.

(and there would probably be ways to save your inventories and crates or get reimbursed for anything lost in the update)

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    Eh, a hard reset is pretty extreme, but it could be necessary. And by hard reset, I mean go full CraftGasm--> shut the server down for a bit, rework and fix as much as possible, bring it back for beta testing, rework some more stuff etc., then bring the server back with a whole new, revamped life. Again, a bit extreme, but could be necessary.

(and there would probably be ways to save your inventories and crates or get reimbursed for anything lost in the update)

Or they could create a separate test server, redo everything, and then update it.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I understand juggernaut, legends, etc are over rated right now, but you can't have that the cause of a reset. A reset happened before because of tons of duping that was involved.
    My reasoning for a reset isn't directly tied to legendary items. It's more for the server as a whole, so we can set ACTUAL time aside to fix and rework the problems (as explained in the post to Fire).

Think of it like this. The constant updates are like putting new bandages on a severely bleeding wound; while the bandage works for a few minutes, it eventually soaks through, leaving you constantly applying more. Once the bleeding has finally stopped, you have such a thick layer of bandages, it's almost impossible to move the limb! So, by controlling the wound, and wiping the slate clean, it will be easier to make better additions to help better the server.