do you think this is the problem?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    My reasoning for a reset isn't directly tied to legendary items. It's more for the server as a whole, so we can set ACTUAL time aside to fix and rework the problems (as explained in the post to Fire).

Think of it like this. The constant updates are like putting new bandages on a severely bleeding wound; while the bandage works for a few minutes, it eventually soaks through, leaving you constantly applying more. Once the bleeding has finally stopped, you have such a thick layer of bandages, it's almost impossible to move the limb! So, by controlling the wound, and wiping the slate clean, it will be easier to make better additions to help better the server.

All wounds finally heal themselves. No matter how damaged.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Eh, a hard reset is pretty extreme, but it could be necessary. And by hard reset, I mean go full CraftGasm--> shut the server down for a bit, rework and fix as much as possible, bring it back for beta testing, rework some more stuff etc., then bring the server back with a whole new, revamped life. Again, a bit extreme, but could be necessary.

(and there would probably be ways to save your inventories and crates or get reimbursed for anything lost in the update)
    That would definitely work!!

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Also the server isint pay2win. You can get Mythical rank from Helnight and by leveling up. So if you work hard and pay no money on the server you can become a god
    How many people do you think have managed to do that? Maybe 10 people. Saying the server is not pay2win is a joke. How the hell is the average player supposed to get on the level of the top? Even the monthly rewards from mythical are not enough to keep up with the spending of best players.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    That would definitely work!!

Im too skeptic to this, TMD had some comes and goes, old ppl left, new ppl came, new ppl geting rekt, old ppl coming back. A hard reset would risk too much players engagement at this point.

From a resources point, how well can the server handle another TMD-5?
    I thought about creating another one, but mixing the old TMDO with a PvE server. This way, everyone who would enjoy a true survival experience (no items transfer from other TMD servers, no legendaries, lower loot, high zombies spawns) but also could revive those crazy pvps in specific arenas (like the new airport?)

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Im too skeptic to this, TMD had some comes and goes, old ppl left, new ppl came, new ppl geting rekt, old ppl coming back. A hard reset would risk too much players engagement at this point.

From a resources point, how well can the server handle another TMD-5?
    I thought about creating another one, but mixing the old TMDO with a PvE server. This way, everyone who would enjoy a true survival experience (no items transfer from other TMD servers, no legendaries, lower loot, high zombies spawns) but also could revive those crazy pvps in specific arenas (like the new airport?)
    I like that idea but as cat squirrel said the inventory's could be saved and a heavy rework be done that rework could include what you just mentioned.

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    How many people do you think have managed to do that? Maybe 10 people. Saying the server is not pay2win is a joke. How the hell is the average player supposed to get on the level of the top? Even the monthly rewards from mythical are not enough to keep up with the spending of best players.

Dear Scuba,

I agree with Butter 300%.. This server is pay2win.

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    Who here at Havoc sits on Hellnight grinding for legendary crates? Who here kills tons of walking to get enough money to buy weapons, armor, meds, etc?

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    in TMD3 im exploring for like three days, killing, looting tier 5. If fun for you is getting rich then you'd better donate than anything else

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Your not understanding my point... what im saying is that the advantage the top has over even the middle is extreme. Just this morning a top player tried and failed to get me to jump over the ledge at berx and then tried to pay 3k for 5 cars that i sold for 15k. The problem is not the wars the problem is the advantage.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Both of you have very valid points on the subject. While @Dragonicks is saying that we donate to support the server and get perks, @SirButteralotIII is saying that players that have ranks with a higher advantage seem to overwhelm new players on how they are going to survive.

How about this?

Instead of figuring out how to even out the chances by lowering the advantages of ranked players, what about raising the chances of new players with certain kits and tools while still allowing ranked players to have a slight edge, but most of the time, somewhat even.

I believe we can start with how much money everyone gets when killing walkers (because for new people, that is 90% of your income [other 10% are vote crates]) and the subject on Juggernaut armor pieces or legendary weapons. These are what divides the line between ranked and non-ranked players.
    This is the kind of change im talking about.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Well the server needs donors to keep it up. Make donateing trash no one will donate and bam server has to shut down.
    Thats not whats being said... whats being said is balances are needed to fix this issue. I agree donaters deserve perks. You dont even need to take any of them away. All that needs to be done is the things regular non spending players get need to be better.

likebeingawesome
    likebeingawesome likebeingawesome
    Eh, a hard reset is pretty extreme, but it could be necessary. And by hard reset, I mean go full CraftGasm--> shut the server down for a bit, rework and fix as much as possible, bring it back for beta testing, rework some more stuff etc., then bring the server back with a whole new, revamped life. Again, a bit extreme, but could be necessary.

(and there would probably be ways to save your inventories and crates or get reimbursed for anything lost in the update)
    I don't think this would work. If you take inventories away it won't be long until players reach the top again. You also suggested them staying after the rework. That won't work either. I also think this server has become to pay to win and I think I have a solution to all of these problems. A loot rework. Improve crates as well as the loot in the wild. In a PVP scenario, what good are 2 sets of jugg going to do you? Only one set really matters it will help free players climb and let pay to win players get back on their feet if they die. Lastly (I am not sure of how big of a problem this is) you need to find a way to ban alt accounts. They allow people to have a lot more inventory space than buying the extra chest which hurts the server and users with only one account pay to play or not. They also allow players to artificially improve their ELO by simply finding an empty safe zone and a friend. I remember at one time over a year ago before I ever quit. I was trying to convince my friend to let me use his alt to grind kills.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    I don't think this would work. If you take inventories away it won't be long until players reach the top again. You also suggested them staying after the rework. That won't work either. I also think this server has become to pay to win and I think I have a solution to all of these problems. A loot rework. Improve crates as well as the loot in the wild. In a PVP scenario, what good are 2 sets of jugg going to do you? Only one set really matters it will help free players climb and let pay to win players get back on their feet if they die. Lastly (I am not sure of how big of a problem this is) you need to find a way to ban alt accounts. They allow people to have a lot more inventory space than buying the extra chest which hurts the server and users with only one account pay to play or not. They also allow players to artificially improve their ELO by simply finding an empty safe zone and a friend. I remember at one time over a year ago before I ever quit. I was trying to convince my friend to let me use his alt to grind kills.
    They boosted loot however...