• IP Copied!
  • The Mining Dead Seasons & Reset

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    What I'm curious about is the backpacks. Why backpacks. Why are we keeping pouches. They're literally the most useless item. Why not remove POUCHES?!

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    What I'm curious about is the backpacks. Why backpacks. Why are we keeping pouches. They're literally the most useless item. Why not remove POUCHES?!
    Backpacks are great yes, but its also easy for players to hoard gear in them. Just let the owners do what they think is right. You literally don't even know anything about the game

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    Backpacks are great yes, but its also easy for players to hoard gear in them. Just let the owners do what they think is right. You literally don't even know anything about the game
    Honestly I'm curious what they meant with removing backpacks. Did they mean backpacks as a general statement for bags or will they leave in pouches and duffle bags. @Jacobg1998 or another high level staff .please clarify.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    but if the owners want to remove mass storage why not remove duffle bags which have more storage :/. Cat is asking why backpacks specifically are being removed while pouches and duffles are staying. You don't need to whip someone for asking a question

Also, anybody opposed to the hard reset, look at the game mode of TMD as finally coming out of a Beta and introducing Seasons. This will make the game way more interesting than it has been in the past. Games that go from a Beta to a full fledged normally reset all your stats as well.
    While this is true about resets, not all things improve after beta. Take the game Agony, for example. The pre release teaser game appeared very promising, with game reviewers and youtubers, as well as the general audience, agreeing. Fast forward to the full release, and all we got was a very dark environment that was very confusing to navigate, a bunch of repeated and bland puzzles, as well as bad dialogue. This led the game to having an overall negative review from most sources. What happened to Agony is happening to Havoc, as it has been for awhile. When TMD was first announced, it was (for the most part) centered on a balanced gameplay of pvp and realism. Fast forward to about 2 years later, and we have a game where the zombies are just a mild hazard to anyone with a mild amount of gear, the economy repeatedly inflates because infinite money is either left unrestricted or (as with money capping) is being restricted in the wrong way. In additon, multiple resets (and now the regular resets that come with the Seasons update) are causing players to leave due to all their progress being wiped. It has been said that this update is to benefit new players, but nee players are being hit the hardest. As a ranked player, I know I can grind kits from both myself and friends to restock my equipment, and use my monthly crates to get even more. A new player will likely
    -Not have connections to ranked players or large teams
    -Not have kits to farm items from
    -Not have ranks for perks such as teleport or /heal

Not only these things, but newer players to the current TMD are getting absolutely shafted because they have just started getting new gear and *poof* it all dissapears. If new players are the concern, we all need to work on ways to limit the amount of gear in ways that will not nerf a benefit. One example I have of this is to restict what infinite money can be used to buy, rather than limiting how much an -infinite- quantity can be used. The advertized gamemode that TMD is supposed to be is not at all what the final product is, and it has (and will most likely continue to) lean away from the survival aspect of TMD and more to the pvp and shop-for-all-gear side.

Please change game to fit ads or please fix ads to represent the direction TMD has gone

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    but if the owners want to remove mass storage why not remove duffle bags which have more storage :/. Cat is asking why backpacks specifically are being removed while pouches and duffles are staying. You don't need to whip someone for asking a question
    Legit. That was necessarily rude. I've been with this server for probably just as long as you.. I asked a completely reasonable question.. smh. Still as toxic as ever.

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    Legit. That was necessarily rude. I've been with this server for probably just as long as you.. I asked a completely reasonable question.. smh. Still as toxic as ever.
    Yes, because it is always people like you who complain and whine about updates. So just stop speaking.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Yes, because it is always people like you who complain and whine about updates. So just stop speaking.
    I play this server, along with plenty of other people. My voice is just as important as theirs. I will speak as much as I'd like, and if you don't like it, that's your problem not mine. I asked a reasonable question. That's it.

The7thCpt

Extrospected
    Extrospected Extrospected
    To everyone, stay on topic and keep your personal vendettas against other players out of discussion posts. This thread is on the verge of being locked.

Thanks,
    - 7th

MichaelSteve

Mythical
    MichaelSteve
    MichaelSteve MichaelSteve
    To everyone, stay on topic and keep your personal vendettas against other players out of discussion posts. This thread is on the verge of being locked.

Thanks,
    - 7th
    He be locking an announcement thread! This hasn't happened since the last time we had a reset.

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    Yes, because it is always people like you who insult others whenever they take a jab at your ego. There’s a song called “******bag” by Your Favourite Martian, you should watch it sometime ;)

clearly you don't know who Jahango is, he is one of the most dedicated and invested players in the server, for a rando like you to try to take that kind of punch at him.... LMAO!

Status
    Not open for further replies.