• The Mining Dead Seasons & Reset

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    LKIRSqn.png
    Unfortunately, to start out this post I have some bad news for Mine Wars fans. After evaluating the resources we have available we decided to delay the Mine Wars 2.0 update. For the time being, we feel it would be more beneficial for the server to focus on consistent updates to TMD and Hell Night.

TMD Seasonal Contests
    We are excited to announce the addition of Seasons to The Mining Dead! During each Season, players will compete on The Mining Dead Servers to build up there score and rank near the top to earn awesome prizes! Each Season will last approximately 3 Months. The Seasons update will be released on August 17th.

Scoring
    Throughout each Season players will build up there score by killing players, killing zombies, and completing Daily Challenges. The exact values for each of these is listed below.
    • Killing a Player: 100 Score
      • Each piece of Leather Armor being worn by the killed player will add 25 Score
      • Each piece of Military Armor being worn by the killed player will add 50 Score
      • Each piece of Riot Gear Armor being worn by the killed player will add 75 Score
      • Each piece of Juggernaut Armor being worn by the killed player will add 100 Score
    • Killing a Zombie: 10 Score
    • Completing a Daily Challenge: 1,000 Score
    Prizes
    At the end of each Season, the top players will all receive prizes. All players who reach certain score levels will receive prizes as well.
    1st Place: $250 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    2nd Place: $125 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    3rd Place: $75 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    4th - 10th Place: $75 Shop Vouchers & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    11th - 25th Place: $50 Shop Vouchers.

All players who earn at least 125,000 score will earn 5 Legendary Crates at the beginning of the next Season.

All players who earn at least 250,000 score will earn 5 Mythical Crates at the beginning of the next Season.

Other Mining Dead Updates
    Along with the addition of seasons, there will be a few other changes made to The Mining Dead.
    • Moving While Healing - beginning with this update players will be able to use healing items while moving.
    • Stacked Weapons - Legendary Guns & Melees will no longer be able to be stacked.
    • Removed Items - Coal, Nets, Leads, and Backpacks will be removed from shops and loot bags.
    • Legendary Guns - Legendary Guns will now drop on death.
    • TMD-1 & TMD-2 will be combined into TMDPVP-1.
    • TMD-3 & TMD-4 will be combined into TMDPVE-1.
    The Mining Dead Reset
    Along with this update, we will be doing a reset to The Mining Dead. This reset will include Gear and Money. ***Update - Stats will not be reset. You will be able to view your Stats for each season as well as your overall stats***

All players will be allowed to save all the items in their basic Standard Vaults. To players who have ranks, keep in mind this will only be the first three rows of your Stand Vaults. When the reset occurs, nothing in the Standard Vaults will reset except for the following: ***Update - All players, both ranked and unranked, will be able to save the entirety of their Standard Vaults***
    • Coal, Nets, Leads and Backpacks will removed from Standard Vaults
    • Stacked Legendary Guns and Melee Weapons will be converted into singular versions of the items.
    Also, any TMD Crates purchased from July 24th to the day of the update will be given to players again after the reset. Remember, this update will occur on August 17th.

Bi-Weekly Updates
    After the release of The Mining Dead Seasons update, our goal is to release smaller content updates every two weeks to The Mining Dead and Hell Night.

Our first planned update involve several changes to Hell Night with the overall goal of making shorter, more fast paced games that require less players to start, so look forward to that!
    Major updates are the best.I haven't read all the replies so, expect more of me on this thread after I've written all of this.
    Anyways, I'm gonna be giving my opinion on this update.
    I've been around long enough to see a handful of major updates, whether it be the first change of spammable painkillers to non-spam, or the release of Map Maker and Mine Wars, and even Havoc Horizons, this might just be the most emotionally-conflicting update I've seen. I feel that Mine Wars has been held back for a while, and even myself, thought the update would be coming very soon, especially with the chatter and such I've read on the build servers. I think, personally that there should be server-specific content teams, that whip out content on the weekly, as it's said on the last piece. I don't think this should just be for HN and TMD, but for when MW get's it's long-awaited update, there should be devoted content staff to that as well, if we could spare the resources. I also like how we're resetting, as I think a lot of the items gained made it harder for players to experience the server in it's entirety. Perhaps hourly events could also be something with constant updates to the server, and perhaps there could be multiple places hinting to these updates, if the bi-weekly updates involve map changes. Such as vaults that are shut, that could open during an update, and close the week after, and could provide a one-time money drop for players. Just a suggestion. Also, I think that the cash that is being put out for the seasons contests is a little bit of a lot, but it's fine, though, I wonder where that money comes from, whether it be through donations, or whether it be from the staff's pockets, I have no clue. Moving while healing is an idea I've brought up constantly, and should provide some nostalgia to players who played during the time that painkillers had a cooldown, and you could use it whilst moving, that was the peak of my Mining Dead times, so it might bring back some memories, and maybe some friends and players while that happens.Sad enough for me, my stats aren't resetting. If you didn't know, I've been stuck in a 0.74 K/D ratio for, probably half a year now. Maybe more. But oh well. It sounds good.
    Other than the Mining Dead and HN, I think players would want to hear the future of the other gamesmodes in Havoc, such as Map Maker and Havoc Horizons. As I said a while ago, Map Maker would come out after M.W 2.0, which is delayed further, and is on thin ice regarding removal. So, as I've suggested, a final re-opening of Map Maker to allow players to export their builds, via worldedit and //download. Hopefully us Map Maker players will get this opportunity, as me, and many other players, poured out hours upon hours of work into it. Havoc Horizons, despite my knowledge of it being quite limited, should also get some attention, as I'd assume it may be getting pretty boring with resets and such removing all your progress.

Yeah, I think I covered most things. I hope this is the update that Havoc needs to boost itself up. I might edit this or respond further.

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    Major updates are the best.I haven't read all the replies so, expect more of me on this thread after I've written all of this.
    Anyways, I'm gonna be giving my opinion on this update.
    I've been around long enough to see a handful of major updates, whether it be the first change of spammable painkillers to non-spam, or the release of Map Maker and Mine Wars, and even Havoc Horizons, this might just be the most emotionally-conflicting update I've seen. I feel that Mine Wars has been held back for a while, and even myself, thought the update would be coming very soon, especially with the chatter and such I've read on the build servers. I think, personally that there should be server-specific content teams, that whip out content on the weekly, as it's said on the last piece. I don't think this should just be for HN and TMD, but for when MW get's it's long-awaited update, there should be devoted content staff to that as well, if we could spare the resources. I also like how we're resetting, as I think a lot of the items gained made it harder for players to experience the server in it's entirety. Perhaps hourly events could also be something with constant updates to the server, and perhaps there could be multiple places hinting to these updates, if the bi-weekly updates involve map changes. Such as vaults that are shut, that could open during an update, and close the week after, and could provide a one-time money drop for players. Just a suggestion. Also, I think that the cash that is being put out for the seasons contests is a little bit of a lot, but it's fine, though, I wonder where that money comes from, whether it be through donations, or whether it be from the staff's pockets, I have no clue. Moving while healing is an idea I've brought up constantly, and should provide some nostalgia to players who played during the time that painkillers had a cooldown, and you could use it whilst moving, that was the peak of my Mining Dead times, so it might bring back some memories, and maybe some friends and players while that happens.Sad enough for me, my stats aren't resetting. If you didn't know, I've been stuck in a 0.74 K/D ratio for, probably half a year now. Maybe more. But oh well. It sounds good.
    Other than the Mining Dead and HN, I think players would want to hear the future of the other gamesmodes in Havoc, such as Map Maker and Havoc Horizons. As I said a while ago, Map Maker would come out after M.W 2.0, which is delayed further, and is on thin ice regarding removal. So, as I've suggested, a final re-opening of Map Maker to allow players to export their builds, via worldedit and //download. Hopefully us Map Maker players will get this opportunity, as me, and many other players, poured out hours upon hours of work into it. Havoc Horizons, despite my knowledge of it being quite limited, should also get some attention, as I'd assume it may be getting pretty boring with resets and such removing all your progress.

Yeah, I think I covered most things. I hope this is the update that Havoc needs to boost itself up. I might edit this or respond further.
    That's a big bloke of text

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    This is my type of Update! I love the seasons Idea and the prize money just makes me love it even more.

I am probably one of the richest if not the richest in gear wise on the server and I am actually excited to see it all vanish... When I first started thats what was fun about the game.. gaining gear and being able to compare with friends who has more and who has what.. but eventually I just got too much and it became no longer fun. I don't see why anyone is being a baby crying about losing some ingame items.. I feel like this is the last chance at reviving the server and all these kids are crying about losing a couple jug sets.. be happy you'll be able to use the next ones you get instead of them being wasted on dead game like they are now.

Now about the stats, I would have been fine with the stats getting wiped either way to be honest, but I do see why you are keeping them and it's probably a smart idea. Will there be a way to check the top players of the current seasons and past seasons, I hope so.

The vault thing, won't players just log multiple alts on and make sure they get all their jugg to keep? that wouldn't be fun or fair at all.. what if I did that and just have 100+ sets already.. stupid. Also with the stacked guns what if I put my whole stack of Golden barrets in my vault? what will happen? I hope you don't make it like TMDC where you just get infinite gear and stuff.. that's the reason I don't play it, it's not fun to me just to fight with gear I don't care about .. I like the thrill of risking and getting rewarded.

Can't wait to be grinding my score this upcoming season :)

v3s_

VIP
    GamingHD211
    GamingHD211 GamingHD211
    Okay everyone, I cant speak for the rest of the staff team but I can for myself and I do understand how you guys feel. We have been promising you guys an update for mine wars for upwards of 8-10 months and nothing has happened and I realize that a lot of MW players have lost hope in an update, but I will say that there will hopefully be one after the major TMD update and reset. I understand you guys are upset and feel like you have been lied to, but hang in there and im sure something will come. As for those of you focused on TMD, the way I see the reset is as a way to even the playing board and start over. We are trying to revive the server and TMD has always been the major gamemode so that is why we have put so much focus into TMD.
    MineWars has been out since September of 2016, which means nearly 2 years no update. So Rattler, if you're not so sure about a game you don't care about then please, be silence.

GodGun

I'd first like to say RIP ALL MY JUGG SETS, secondly Will there be a way to prevent players from farming their alts, IE, I continuously gear an account with full jug then kill the account, get the jug, and repeat?

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    I'd first like to say RIP ALL MY JUGG SETS, secondly Will there be a way to prevent players from farming their alts, IE, I continuously gear an account with full jug then kill the account, get the jug, and repeat?
    I thought about this, but forgot to ask that.

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    LKIRSqn.png
    Unfortunately, to start out this post I have some bad news for Mine Wars fans. After evaluating the resources we have available we decided to delay the Mine Wars 2.0 update. For the time being, we feel it would be more beneficial for the server to focus on consistent updates to TMD and Hell Night.

TMD Seasonal Contests
    We are excited to announce the addition of Seasons to The Mining Dead! During each Season, players will compete on The Mining Dead Servers to build up there score and rank near the top to earn awesome prizes! Each Season will last approximately 3 Months. The Seasons update will be released on August 17th.

Scoring
    Throughout each Season players will build up there score by killing players, killing zombies, and completing Daily Challenges. The exact values for each of these is listed below.
    • Killing a Player: 100 Score
      • Each piece of Leather Armor being worn by the killed player will add 25 Score
      • Each piece of Military Armor being worn by the killed player will add 50 Score
      • Each piece of Riot Gear Armor being worn by the killed player will add 75 Score
      • Each piece of Juggernaut Armor being worn by the killed player will add 100 Score
    • Killing a Zombie: 10 Score
    • Completing a Daily Challenge: 1,000 Score
    Prizes
    At the end of each Season, the top players will all receive prizes. All players who reach certain score levels will receive prizes as well.
    1st Place: $250 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    2nd Place: $125 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    3rd Place: $75 Cash via Paypal & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    4th - 10th Place: $75 Shop Vouchers & a special in-game tag for the next Season.
    11th - 25th Place: $50 Shop Vouchers.

All players who earn at least 125,000 score will earn 5 Legendary Crates at the beginning of the next Season.

All players who earn at least 250,000 score will earn 5 Mythical Crates at the beginning of the next Season.

Other Mining Dead Updates
    Along with the addition of seasons, there will be a few other changes made to The Mining Dead.
    • Moving While Healing - beginning with this update players will be able to use healing items while moving.
    • Stacked Weapons - Legendary Guns & Melees will no longer be able to be stacked.
    • Removed Items - Coal, Nets, Leads, and Backpacks will be removed from shops and loot bags.
    • Legendary Guns - Legendary Guns will now drop on death.
    • TMD-1 & TMD-2 will be combined into TMDPVP-1.
    • TMD-3 & TMD-4 will be combined into TMDPVE-1.
    The Mining Dead Reset
    Along with this update, we will be doing a reset to The Mining Dead. This reset will include Gear and Money. ***Update - Stats will not be reset. You will be able to view your Stats for each season as well as your overall stats***

All players will be allowed to save all the items in their basic Standard Vaults. To players who have ranks, keep in mind this will only be the first three rows of your Stand Vaults. When the reset occurs, nothing in the Standard Vaults will reset except for the following: ***Update - All players, both ranked and unranked, will be able to save the entirety of their Standard Vaults***
    • Coal, Nets, Leads and Backpacks will removed from Standard Vaults
    • Stacked Legendary Guns and Melee Weapons will be converted into singular versions of the items.
    Also, any TMD Crates purchased from July 24th to the day of the update will be given to players again after the reset. Remember, this update will occur on August 17th.

Bi-Weekly Updates
    After the release of The Mining Dead Seasons update, our goal is to release smaller content updates every two weeks to The Mining Dead and Hell Night.

Our first planned update involve several changes to Hell Night with the overall goal of making shorter, more fast paced games that require less players to start, so look forward to that!

I'm going to first try to understand the bigger play here. What is the idea behind the reset? I doubt its to create an even playing field for the seasons challenge as quite frankly that's like sacrificing 10,000 men to save 1. so perhaps the update is meant to be a kind of "for the greater good" idea. What this would mean is that there are big plans for the server and the goal is to draw in as many new players as possible. Now im going to address the mine wars part as most people are more pissed about this than the reset. (https://havocmc.net/threads/our-plans-for-the-summer.6203/ ) the title literally being "our plans for the summer" implied that this update, which was extremely detailed and made some bold ideas including new planets, weapons, and enemies, would be released in the summer. I personally don't play Minewars much but I can feel for their pain. It's been said for over a year "soon. update will be soon, just a few more months" . Well those "few months" add up quickly when they are added together. Throw the minewars community a bone. Give them a BALLPARK DATE of an update. If that is not feasible, GIVE THEM SOMETHING. Honestly I think a ballpark date is best, and that is a nasty pill to swallow for all you mine wars players.

The Mining Dead
    Now, I will not sugar coat it- when I saw this message, it pissed me off more than anything. If you look at the four pages of messages before mine, you will see an overwhelming majority of players feel the same. Within hours of releasing the message you lost one helper and a builder instantly.(@Zepat and @MichaelSteve).

Now I think all players can agree that some kind of reset was bound to happen at some point. Everyone can get behind why they are needed to some extent, but obviously dont like the idea of simply losing all their stuff but im sure we can all accept this if its what is best for the server. simply put- if the server falls none of our complaints will matter as the server will simply not exist. right now- here. the server is playable and people are online. As much as this update might tick everyone off, i think its important that we all consider the bigger picture.having an even playing field will make the server more "inviting" to new players and make them more likely to stay, which in turn will give the server more money, which will lead to more updates.

A middle ground that many can accept for legendary weapons is stacks of 32 weapons or even 16. balance the inventory of weapons by making them continue to despawn on death or even make it so u cant use them wearing a certain level of armor. (not sure if this last part is even possible, but its just a suggestion)

a few questions as well. can we save stacks of barricades? flares? barbed wire? cars?
    will the daily kits or any commands be impacted in any way by this update?
    Where the post says "backpacks will be removed" does that mean that only pouches and duffel bags will stay or that ALL "backpacks" in general will vanish from the server

please reply if you have any thoughts on this @Jacobg1998 or anyone else for that matter.

-general2673

Tactical_Fox48
    Tactical_Fox48 Tactical_Fox48
    Honestly, at this point, I think it would be best if everyone were to just accept what Havoc's doing and move on. If you can't predict what they're going to do, don't. Just enjoy what work they're willing to put out for us, even if things are different from what you're used to. I find that I can enjoy the game much more when I'm not complaining about what was changed and what's not here.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    To everyone saying the reset will make the game balanced for pvp: you are w r o n g

Ranked players get gear from kits, as well as monthly crates that give even more gear or money. Not only this, but most of the legendary gear can only be found in those kits (unless you want to gamble with various crates, but even then you won't get gear at the same rate). In a few months we will be back to square one, with ranked players or teammates of ranked players being stack masters and everyone else having low level or no gear. Making legendary weapons drop on death will further inflate the economy, since everyone will either have no gear or have an absurd quantity of it from wars against ranked players. I vote to make all legendary items and jugg despawn on death, so that those who choose to use it do so knowing they will have no chance to get it back if they die.

As for infinite money, rather than capping money that is supposed to be infinite, just restrict what it can be used to buy. This way the money is still infinite, but it can be used in a non-game breaking way. I suggest restricting it to food and ammo, and possibly medical items (med kits and painkillers excluded). This ensures that things like riot gear and high level guns can't flood the market unless someone grinds for them, which in turn makes the game more risky for those who grind for loot. Also make things like riot gear and t4 and 5 guns only be sellable in the shop. This gives players the option to either sell these items or keep them, but also blocks them from being flooded into the server from people mass buying from shops. Doing this will also promote player trading, as other players may want to purchase the gear from others.

I also suggest hiding nametags if you haven't done so already. You can do this with a simple scoreboard command (dm me for support on how to do this). This adds more realism as well as making the game more risky as you will need to rely on sight and sounds more.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    NOOOOOOOOOO

Take my Jugg and gear idc

BUT NOT MY KDR AND MONEY!! AAAAGH!
    Kdr: 4.97
    Money: 2.346m it something

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Well.. okay maybe this reset is for the best, but plz don't take away KD. I worked hard to get a 4.97 kill/death ratio here. Take my Jugg, money, and gear, but not my kd

babyram7

This update is nice to see but shifting all resources into working on TMD is a bad idea. TMD isn't popular anymore. You've already had a reset and that caused people to quit and now more people will quit. Bi-weekly updates aren't any better either. What will the updates be? This server is lucky to get 150-200 people a day, and more updates that hurt stuff people worked for isn't going to bring that number up.

I do have to admit though that the Seasons is an interesting idea but it just isn't enough to fix this server. There aren't many solutions to fixing this situation other than making new and different content. Refreshing old content isn't going to make people stay or comeback. This server can and will probably survive and live on, although there is just one more problem. Minecraft is dying and is pretty much dead, people would rather play something like PUBG or Fortnite and not Minecraft, and that is something that no updates can fix.

JewishBagel

Famous
    JewishBagel
    JewishBagel JewishBagel
    The wipe as a hole will be great for the future of TMD. I am looking forward to possibly making a return due to this fact. Seems like everything will go on and be great.

Also, anybody opposed to the hard reset, look at the game mode of TMD as finally coming out of a Beta and introducing Seasons. This will make the game way more interesting than it has been in the past. Games that go from a Beta to a full fledged normally reset all your stats as well. Look for the better in the community, that the negative aspects.

Status
    Not open for further replies.