• IP Copied!
  • TMD and TMDC Updates

Status
    Not open for further replies.

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    Historically, every time the PvP community has been split into two, it has done more damage than good. What is different about this update that it will not be the same as previous updates? I don't see an advantage. the days of "major pvp teams" that essentially owned safe zones is gone. Partly due to similar updates and CORRECT, overdue bans. This update does not help the server, and IMO, only hurts it.
    It's splitting it into realism pvp and pain pvp, so there's a server for both of the two main pvp playstyles.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    Tmd pvp was rarely getting over 10 ppl, I think its a matter of time until every pvper move to tmdc.

Kendrq

Famous
    Kendrq
    Kendrq Kendrq
    Historically, every time the PvP community has been split into two, it has done more damage than good. What is different about this update that it will not be the same as previous updates? I don't see an advantage. the days of "major pvp teams" that essentially owned safe zones is gone. Partly due to similar updates and CORRECT, overdue bans. This update does not help the server, and IMO, only hurts it.
    I've gotta disagree here. History doesn't always repeat itself, and I don't believe that it will this time. The majority of OG-style PVPers are moving on; either to other games or other things entirely (such as college or jobs). That section of the playerbase is shrinking due to that. However, those who remain now have TMDC and they can fight other people that enjoy that PVP style, infinite money, and the old map.

Now since we have that section of the playerbase shrinking, we need to start adding number with new players. The old PVP system was honestly pretty awful in terms of getting new players and getting them to stay. Looting for awhile then getting bopped by a full team of juggs out of nowhere is disheartening. This update allows gameplay that new players can get into and will stick around for.
    Jugg is rare now, and there's an actual economy. This makes both the PVP and PVE servers more interesting and gives people some new goals to work towards. There'll be more aspects added to this as well, such as bases and quests.

There's a chance this could fail, but that chance is present with any single update we do. A lot of the reviews I've heard so far have been positive (a few negative, some people just don't like change). The update will be fine-tuned as time passes though, and our playerbase numbers are finally starting to jump back up towards the 120s-160s again, and that's something I haven't seen here in a long time. So maybe, just maybe, we got something right this time around.

This is trash oh my godness.. You switched map to old one, that’s all You legit did for OG players. TMDC-1 is only for players with ranks, not really for new players. If this is the way you want to revive server like then gl because its freakin trash.

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    This is trash oh my godness.. You switched map to old one, that’s all You legit did for OG players. TMDC-1 is only for players with ranks, not really for new players. If this is the way you want to revive server like then gl because its freakin trash.
    Begone theckling, you have no power here.

(Also, I think tmdc is the one for pain spammers, although I could be wrong.)

PeachDAboss

Famous
    PeachDAboss
    PeachDAboss PeachDAboss
    Begone theckling, you have no power here.

(Also, I think tmdc is the one for pain spammers, although I could be wrong.)
    He has a right to his opinion, no need to belittle him for it.

I've gotta disagree here. History doesn't always repeat itself, and I don't believe that it will this time. The majority of OG-style PVPers are moving on; either to other games or other things entirely (such as college or jobs). That section of the playerbase is shrinking due to that. However, those who remain now have TMDC and they can fight other people that enjoy that PVP style, infinite money, and the old map.

Now since we have that section of the playerbase shrinking, we need to start adding number with new players. The old PVP system was honestly pretty awful in terms of getting new players and getting them to stay. Looting for awhile then getting bopped by a full team of juggs out of nowhere is disheartening. This update allows gameplay that new players can get into and will stick around for.
    Jugg is rare now, and there's an actual economy. This makes both the PVP and PVE servers more interesting and gives people some new goals to work towards. There'll be more aspects added to this as well, such as bases and quests.

There's a chance this could fail, but that chance is present with any single update we do. A lot of the reviews I've heard so far have been positive (a few negative, some people just don't like change). The update will be fine-tuned as time passes though, and our playerbase numbers are finally starting to jump back up towards the 120s-160s again, and that's something I haven't seen here in a long time. So maybe, just maybe, we got something right this time around.

300+ players doesn't compare to 70. If the old style wasn't popular, why did the server jump to 500 at some points? My question is not being answered here, and has yet to be answered. What does this do, to ensure the community will NOT split up again? What is DIFFERENT about this update than TMDOP updates in the past. If what you're saying, regarding all those old players moving on, then why would you add a play style specfically for them. I'm left more confused based on your post than before. No disrespect, but what you're saying contridicts the point of the update.

Kendrq

Famous
    Kendrq
    Kendrq Kendrq
    He has a right to his opinion, no need to belittle him for it.

300+ players doesn't compare to 70. If the old style wasn't popular, why did the server jump to 500 at some points? My question is not being answered here, and has yet to be answered. What does this do, to ensure the community will NOT split up again? What is DIFFERENT about this update than TMDOP updates in the past. If what you're saying, regarding all those old players moving on, then why would you add a play style specfically for them. I'm left more confused based on your post than before. No disrespect, but what you're saying contridicts the point of the update.
    I'm not saying that the old style wasn't popular, just that it's not what many people want anymore. The old style is exactly that: old. People have adapted to it and become too good for that system to be beneficial for our growth in current times. Sticking with that system was causing our playerbase to continually decrease. The recent changes that have been made, however, have encouraged a spike in player counts.

As far as your specific question, I think that even having that question shows you've missed the entire point of this update. We're purposely splitting the community. We're making it so that different players have access to their desired play style choices without interfering with each other. We're cutting out the barrier of PVE/RPers/Survivalists VS Jugg PVPers entirely by giving them what they each want, but in different parts of the server.
    There are still a handful of players that enjoy the old pain-spamming, jugg-warring PVP style, and every here and there a new player might join and find that they like it too. That's why TMDC exists the way it currently does; it's for those who still want to enjoy an arcade-style PVP experience. However, that isn't the majority of new players' preference. Since the community interested in old PVP is shrinking, we're adapting to accommodate a new era of players. The server is evolving with new goals in mind. I think both of my responses perfectly explain the update, rather than contradict it.

ATK_AlphaPVP

Mythical
    ATK_AlphaPVP
    ATK_AlphaPVP ATK_AlphaPVP
    Nice i spend money to play tmd with infinite money, and no, infinite money removed , yeeah nice thanks havoc
    I know infinite money is on tmd classic , but i don't like tmd classic, come on, when i put money in the game to get infinite money, that was for all servers , no matter if you play tmd pvp/ without pvp/ tmd op/ tmd/ tmd classic/ or whatever you can call tmd, no matter the way of playing the mining dead.
    So, you can't like realist tmd and use Inf? really ?, and seriously, Old 1.7 map ? the current map is good
    And in general , I don't like the idea of splitting the community again, the community currently is very small

But hey, who cares about what i think, I mean Og community wanted old map, old pains, old everything , they got it, everyone is happy yay

PeachDAboss

Famous
    PeachDAboss
    PeachDAboss PeachDAboss
    I'm not saying that the old style wasn't popular, just that it's not what many people want anymore. The old style is exactly that: old. People have adapted to it and become too good for that system to be beneficial for our growth in current times. Sticking with that system was causing our playerbase to continually decrease.
    There are still a handful of players that enjoy the old pain-spamming, jugg-warring PVP style, and every here and there a new player might join and find that they like it too. That's why TMDC exists the way it currently does; it's for those who still want to enjoy an arcade-style PVP experience. However, that isn't the majority of new players' preference. Since the community interested in old PVP is shrinking, we're adapting to accommodate a new era of players.

So you waste time, effort, resources, and money on a "shrinking" gamemode, that "few" people want instead of putting it towards Minewars? Why don't you all just created a medium, that the majority of people actually enjoy instead of splitting it? You again have yet to answer some of my questions. What is DIFFERENT about this update than TMDOP updates in the past?

Nice i spend money to play tmd with infinite money, and no, infinite money removed , yeeah nice thanks havoc
    I know infinite money is on tmd classic , but i don't like tmd classic, come on, when i put money in the game to get infinite money, that was for all servers , no matter if you play tmd pvp/ without pvp/ tmd op/ tmd/ tmd classic/ or whatever you can call tmd, no matter the way of playing the mining dead.
    So, you can't like realist tmd and use Inf? really ?, and seriously, Old 1.7 map ? the current map is good
    And in general , I don't like the idea of splitting the community again, the community currently is very small

But hey, who cares about what i think, I mean Og community wanted old map, old pains, old everything , they got it, everyone is happy yay

Read this, Kendra. You all split the community, most likely, without community input. That's the entire issue. I see Kyritic trying to argue that he is some head-cheese who should be running staff than actually taking input from Community Members. Please inform/show me if I am wrong in this. This update should have been specfially headed by a mix of old and new players, not what the staff thought was best. How long will TMDOP even be used, if the "old" community is dying out?

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    You all split the community, most likely, without community input.
    Contrary to your belief, there was a lot of community input about this. Pretty sure there were like 5 threads or something about it. Thanks to our amazing new Community Manager, who takes his role seriously, went out of his way to gather suggestions, ideas, plus we have Beta Testers (way overdue but yay!), etc etc etc. Many people voted for this switch, now only time will tell. Get out of that closed mindset and give it a chance. People have been enjoying TMD a lot more than it used to.

As for Minewars, just gotta accept it and move on. There were only like 2 builders who wanted to work on it, and even if all the maps were allegedly "done," we lacked the devs to make everything come together. The fact that MW had been neglected for so long just made it a burden on the server. Didn't make any money and wasn't really worth it. So in the end, no matter how disappointed I or the rest of the MW community was, it was best to just cut of the dead rose bud. Besides, TMD makes more money for the server, plus it's the advertised gamemode. But who knows, maybe the Owners will get generous/have enough money to reopen MW?

Time will tell for all this. Give it a chance.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I see Kyritic trying to argue that he is some head-cheese who should be running staff than actually taking input from Community Members.
    How about you show us where this happened..? If anything he's done a great job a community manager. Sorry if that's getting your knickers in a knot

PeachDAboss

Famous
    PeachDAboss
    PeachDAboss PeachDAboss
    How about you show us where this happened..? If anything he's done a great job a community manager. Sorry if that's getting your knickers in a knot

Well, I thought your first post was good, and actually incited good discussion. But here you are, back on your little throne. Please shown me what he has actually done? From the post I have seen, he brags about how good of a Community Manager he is, and how he should run the staff team. Your go-to achievement is "beta testers." Yeah, okay. Yes, it's good. I give credit where said credit is due. You don't need to insult people in every post, maybe one day you will learn.
    Contrary to your belief, there was a lot of community input about this. Pretty sure there were like 5 threads or something about it. Thanks to our amazing new Community Manager, who takes his role seriously, went out of his way to gather suggestions, ideas, plus we have Beta Testers (way overdue but yay!), etc etc etc. Many people voted for this switch, now only time will tell. Get out of that closed mindset and give it a chance. People have been enjoying TMD a lot more than it used to.

As for Minewars, just gotta accept it and move on. There were only like 2 builders who wanted to work on it, and even if all the maps were allegedly "done," we lacked the devs to make everything come together. The fact that MW had been neglected for so long just made it a burden on the server. Didn't make any money and wasn't really worth it. So in the end, no matter how disappointed I or the rest of the MW community was, it was best to just cut of the dead rose bud. Besides, TMD makes more money for the server, plus it's the advertised gamemode. But who knows, maybe the Owners will get generous/have enough money to reopen MW?

Time will tell for all this. Give it a chance.

Please link those 5 or "so" threads below. I would love to read them and then see how much community input was actually implemented.

Last edited:

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Well, I thought your first post was good, and actually incited good discussion. But here you are, back on your little throne. Please shown me what he has actually done? From the post I have seen, he brags about how good of a Community Manager he is, and how he should run the staff team. Your go-to achievement is "beta testers." Yeah, okay. Yes, it's good. I give credit where said credit is due. You don't need to insult people in every post, maybe one day you will learn.
    Yet you insulted Ky...? And I'm at fault for insulting you..? Get off your own throne, Peach. If you think he's such a bad person, you've got all the resources to try to report him or whatever. Otherwise, suck it up and just let him do his job. He's taken map suggestions (#Ft. Cat), the re-adding of duffels and backpacks, bases, the infinite money war, all that good jazz. You also gotta realize, he's also on the Discord taking suggestions and input, and idk if you're still there to see it. So condescending. You never change.

PeachDAboss

Famous
    PeachDAboss
    PeachDAboss PeachDAboss
    Yet you insulted Ky...? And I'm at fault for insulting you..? Get off your own throne, Peach. If you think he's such a bad person, you've got all the resources to try to report him or whatever. Otherwise, suck it up and just let him do his job. He's taken map suggestions (#Ft. Cat), the re-adding of duffels and backpacks, bases, the infinite money war, all that good jazz. You also gotta realize, he's also on the Discord taking suggestions and input, and idk if you're still there to see it. So condescending. You never change.
    So he himself took the suggestion to add duffles, backpacks? What is bases and infinite money war? What "good jazz?" Map suggestions for what? The use of your terminology confuses me. Call me condescending, I don't care. I'm not the one who had an awful attitude then got outted from a team that never demoted. I didn't try to come back to staff then blame Peach for getting denied over my attitude. Maybe if you gave enough attention to your attitude as you gave to me, you could rejoin staff. Just a thought. ;) Just know that you were the one who came at me on this post, not the other way around. Cut the ****, you keep trying to argue with me. No wonder half your posts get deleted once you get called out. You can't handle the heat but you want to be the flamethrower.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    So he himself took the suggestion to add duffles, backpacks? What is bases and infinite money war? What "good jazz?" Map suggestions for what? The use of your terminology confuses me.
    You also gotta realize, you aren't active in the community anymore. There have been many changes since you left. So your ignorance is your own fault, not mine.
    I'm not the one who had an awful attitude then got outted from a team that never demoted.
    There was hardly any grounds for that instance anyway, and how is that even relevant to the conversation at hand? No only does it show your immaturity that you have to go back and dig up low blows? Smh. "a team that never demoted" You bein' for real? Lol there were loads of demotes before mine, like, you blind? obviously.
    I didn't try to come back to staff then blame Peach for getting denied over my attitude.
    What even is this sentence xD
    Maybe if you gave enough attention to your attitude as you gave to me, you could rejoin staff. Just a thought. ;)
    Again, irrelevant insult which furthers my point that you're literally just as much of an ******* as you say I am. Just saying. Unbelievable.
    Just know that you were the one who came at me on this post, not the other way around.
    More of calling you out (innocent until proven guilty, ya know?), but I agree, I guess the last comment was necessary uwu
    Cut the ****, you keep trying to argue with me.
    You keep replying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    No wonder half your posts get deleted once you get called out. You can't handle the heat but you want to be the flamethrower.
    I don't delete my posts...? Not quite sure what you mean by that, but ok. And I never said I wanted to be the flamer or couldn't take the heat. Can't ignore the fact that #FactsDontCareAboutYourFeelings

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Wait, so what I'm getting at here is people can't criticize things without having people jumping on them.
    To be honest here this is history repeating itself, if you don't see it I'm guessing you don't want to see it. The only thing now is that the two servers stay separate. Only then our **** history in updates will stop staying the same.
    I'm also going to point this up, people should be able to criticize others, just because I or someone doesn't like someone or thinks they do a **** job, shouldn't be muted or mauled down by a mob of minis. Some stuff I see all the time here over the rules on the server are hypocritical and continuing to give certain members double standards. If you implement certain bad rules infringing people's speech enforce it on everyone, not just people you don't like.

Silly Libtards.

Shadowhab

Why do people have to argue in every single ****ing thread, can y'all just chill for once?

Don't tell people that they shouldn't insult people, if you do the same. It's hypocritical. Also, I've never seen Dylan brag about what he does. And whenever I see you in the forums, you're bashing on someone, ranting about something, or just arguing pointlessly. Grow the **** up.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Everyone should grow up. If you want to throw irrelevant **** talk, expect consequences. If not from the staff team, then someone in the community will put you down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.