• IP Copied!
  • We all want change.

Do you agree with the ideas in the conclusion?

• Total voters

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe
    Some great points in this thread! JB and the rest of the builders are easily the most hard-working, determined and enthusiastic staff on this server, so it makes a lot of sense to give them more power and control on the direction of the server. I think making JB community manager is a smart move.

Map maker should not be readded. I think it should be revamped. Instead of using the weird plot/world system that was in place, it's in Havoc's best interest to use a stable, reliable plot plugin such as PlotSquared. There are tons of resources on how to set up a plot world using this plugin, and it offers tons of customization. It would take about 10 hours to set up a PlotSquared server. Schematics could be used instead of prebuilt worlds. I could go on..

The release of Bannerwars would generate new players, income and buy community support. I think it would satisfy all players, new or old, and give players something to do. Seeing as most players are still in school, releasing something for them to enjoy over summer would be smart. Looking at when HH was released, it had 100+ players on peak days at peak times. All it takes is a new game mode to bring in new and old players.

Keep up the good work Kritic, JB, and the rest of the builders!

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    Hey,

So I decided to make a group message with different groups and communities of Havoc just outlining what we all want from the server, but I can only have 5 people in a message so I have to put into a forum post, So please do not make this toxic. I wanted to make it a private message so that I can direct stuff to people and prevent arguments so please don’t do that. We all want Havoc to succeed in the end, it's just about communicating to each other how stuff could work or why it would not.

I'm in no way demanding anything, I am only a builder but again I want the server to succeed and I felt this would be beneficial for the server, at least to see where we all stand because it tends to get confusing with different people requesting different things.

I will probably split it into different communities to make it easier.

OG’s / PVP Enthusiasts

This group of people tend to just want balanced PVP mechanics. They don’t really mind about the map and whilst some claim they want the 1.7 map back, they are either trolls or blinded by nostalgia. They also don’t mind about the version is running on.

Unfortunately, they are not a fan of TMD Classic. They were a lot happier with TMDOP which I felt was great because it kept most toxic players to play with others and everyone on there played with people with there own skill set leaving the newer players, those who like realism or those who like to roleplay alone so there isn't a clash of communities.

9YUfoeG9zPdxGscQXehBySBS6GpCW8JH7kWaHTS6HqgWdRIXABfIuwMTVN5E6VZcEnMhCvnRHesVfOYNhpZJg8oDiosM_bdDGcwqxDNjPHu2zyth86ddmfPKqPcAJbj5irUVugm7
    Whilst they were not happy about it, they didn't really mind when the TMDOP mechanics shifted into all server, the issue with it is that we always want to update and experiment with it, that's when they started to get upset by the changes. I agree with their point of view if I am honest, whilst I would prefer the realism if people are happy with mechanics we shouldn't change it.

So in summary

• Replace TMD Classic with TMDOP

• When the community of TMDOP are happy with the PVP Don’t change it. Change the normal TMD pvp instead. Only change the map

• They don’t mind if we upgrade the server past 1.8
    Builders

We are genuinely quite creative. We are always coming up with new ideas and as the show progresses we need more block and resources to develop these ideas. Frankly, it's come to the point where we spend hours finding something just to update the pack and it's having a negative effect on our building creativity, especially when we look at at the number of blocks, gameplay elements and items we can utilise if we simply updated the server. Also, some of us can’t help but feel that staying in 1.8 is deterring potential players away for multiple reasons such as 1.13 looks more appealing in a server list than 1.8 and people want to see new Minecraft elements utilised in our gamemode.

There is approximately 100+ new blocks added into Minecraft from 1.8 - 1.13. If we got ahold of them, we can detail the map so much better and have a lot more motivation when it comes to building. Every time we log on we are reminded at least once that things in terms of building could improve drastically if we updated. I don’t want to speak on behalf of all builders but this is from what I gather what most of us want.

So in summary

• We’d love to update the server, for more reasons than just building

• Side thing, Map Maker back. It helped up so much employing new builders and motivating people to apply. It also builds the relationship between Staff and community by making competitions other than just voting.

• All builder updates pinned to the front page. (Making JB community manager would allow him to do it himself but I'll come to that later.)

RP’s / Realism Enthusiasts

I think it's quite obvious what they want. Realistic places, Mechanics etc. But looking into how we could develop these it comes down to this.

Updating would make there day. 100 new blocks, new items, the 1.13 swimming mechanics along with stuff such as dual wielding. To please them is to update the server. They would also love map maker to return. In my spare time i’d often see people making their own TMD maps and role-playing as people, trust me we need MM back.

I think they would also benefit from kinda being separated from the OG players. They often clash and separating them in a way could lower the amount of stress and toxicness in the community

Moderation Team

I don’t think I have to tell you how much stress would be lifted if OG’s and Realism people were separated to an extent and both sets of people's needs and wants were met. Harassment of staff would lower along with chat arguments and staff can focus on tickets and catching hackers.

I wouldn’t want to speak on behalf of them but I assume they wouldn’t mind if we updated. Again please correct me if I am incorrect.

Conclusion

From my point of view, if done correctly we can improve the experience of all the groups of havoc. As Long as each group agrees with these ideas then it could boost havocs player base, both in size and quality. Staff would have a much pleasant expense, Builders can explore different aspects of building and experiment, OG’s can have the PVP mechanics they love, RP’s and Realism lovers would have a true twd experience, and the owners would have a better server community and have the funds to develop the server.

If it were up to me (and it isn’t I just want to explain what I would do) I would

• Replace TMD Classic with TMDOP with previous PVP mechanics

• Update to 1.13 or atleast to 1.12.

• Promote JBentley to Community Manager, He is great at informing people with his Builders Newsletters, has a grasp on what everyone wants, has a great relationship with the owners and is respected by the community.

• Bring out Map Maker, Minewars, and Bannerwars

• (Just a little one but on the realism servers people want the plugin where you sit on stairs)

If you’re tagged it means I want you personally to respond. Communication is key and even if its disagreeing with me, constructive criticism is necessary for us to improve. I know I am only a builder but i can’t help but feel this would go a long way in to helping the server.

@Jacobg1998 @_Nickk @IgnitingIce @JBentley694 @BenGermann @ChlngeAccepted @Kendrq @_VC_ @Withermandude @MichaelSteve @Grockey @Yove @iDanielle @2Suicidal @Cat_Squirrel_Inc @DDENGAR @general2673 @Firelillx

Thanks for reading, please reply.

-Kyritic

so. Im sorry in advance for the long af post, but if you know me, I like to be thorough. Now I would like to think im an envoy to all parties you described. Im currently a trial builder, I was a helper and I love pvp and pve mining dead. So in that regard I believe i can speak to all groups on this topic.

PVPers

--tmd-classic--

The chief concern of many "fighters" was that the vaults were not linked with the tmd servers.
    With the pain spam aka "war" mechanic removed on the main servers and their jugg as well as weapons still there, the pvp community was essentially forced to restart their collection. to that end tmd classic was enjoyed briefly... the "old times" of atlanta were shortlived. the mechanics essentially gurrentee the death of a new player. Try firing at a jugg pain spamming with an m14 and tell me how that ends. My point? tmd-classic cannot grow. the "ogs" kinda got screwed here. they lost their main battleground and their "arsenals" of weapons and armor.

Now Ill be honest im not sure what tmd-op is or how it differs from tmd-classic. However I talk with many players frequently, and tmd-op does seem to come up quite alot. So in addition to what @Kyritic stated about replacing tmd classic with tmd-op I add this- link the vaults.

An alternative solution I offer is this. configure tmd-2 with the tmd-op mechanics. I believe that would be easier to implement and would not require adding another server.

BUILDERS AND MAP

the map

My opinion of the map stands like this. The pvp community does not care too much about the map itself or the accuracy of the map but some mechanics they do (such as cover and "warzones") the role play community does care quite a bit about the map as it makes their role plays more enjoyable. Me personally. i love the walking dead and I joined the server because of the map, and continue to stay because of it.

@Kyritic stated very good arguments for upgrading the server.
    1. looks better on server lists
    2. pvp community would not mind
    3. it would allow the builders to make more creative builds
    4. the addition of new blocks COULD lead to more weapons/vehicles in future.

I strongly urge @Jacobg1998 @IgnitingIce or @BenGermann to consider this. Even if you dont publicly post your thoughts, please think about it.

MAP MAKER
    I aint gonna lie. I had a blast with map maker back in the day. @Kyritic is right once again about the impact map maker had. It helped the build team recruit and i think in some way made people appreciate the map more. However it is worth noting that map maker was taken down for glitching. currently i believe that minewars is the priority target to fix before updating mining dead. However I believe tasking one dev to fix map maker will be worth the investment of resources.

REALISM WITHIN THE MINING DEAD

This is something i have long advocated for. And in that regard I have a few suggestions. but first the concept of walkers toughness has to be addressed. ive seen many people say the walkers are too weak. or they spawn to few and far in between. those are the most commonly held opinions. more walkers = more lag but perhaps if it was made that walkers have a boosted resistance to firearms.

suggested future gamemode

tmd-endgame
    - broken leg mechanic
    -sparcity of ammo or guns
    - no city (lets face it no one is going into a city owned by the dead)
    - walkers buffed in some way
    - walkers able to break down doors
    -limit one "bag"
    -hostile wolves (faster lower target)
    -no warps or safezones
    -pvp optional

STAFF TEAM

Having been a helper for a few months i can personally attest to the amount of ill will flying towards us at any given time. Many staff have to balance upholding the rules and keeping favor within the community. That is simply not possible at times. When I was helper I tried to answer questions wherever i saw them and for "minor offences" i tried to verbal warn wherever i could for example i would see a role play someone might say "oh $hit! walkers!" now that is filter bypass a warn would be the proper call. But me personally id try to deliver a warning informally "hey man watch the bypass :)" that let him know i was not out to get him, got my warning across and didnt kill his mood. sometimes thats simply not possible. sometimes the balance cannot be "nice". and thats when it gets difficult for us. some players have it out for the staff and i dont get why. they volunteer their time and effort to try to keep the server friendly. the thing many people dont get about staff is that they are not there to sit and punish people. they are there to prevent arguments in the server- and that sometimes requires more than a warning. in my signature i have a winston churchill quote- attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. If you dispute a staff's decision say it with reason and logic

lets do an example- lets say chat was blowing up and i typed " *****s pistol* " in a role play. in that im saying im pulling the hammer back on my pistol. however on the swear feed of the staff it will show "****" which means... you know. bam! muted for 30 minutes. honest mistake.

I go to dms of that staff. tell me which one you think works better

1) you useless ******* staff. do you even know how to do your job? retarded

2) hey i just wanna ask why i was muted. the mute said innapropriate chat but i was in a roleplay and was "****ing" my gun to fire.

in both cases the mute would be overturned... which one do you think would overturn it quicker and build goodwill between you and that staff?

I hope that gives a little insight to how we think (or at least how I did, i wont claim to speak for the others)

-general2673

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    so. Im sorry in advance for the long af post, but if you know me, I like to be thorough. Now I would like to think im an envoy to all parties you described. Im currently a trial builder, I was a helper and I love pvp and pve mining dead. So in that regard I believe i can speak to all groups on this topic.

PVPers

--tmd-classic--

The chief concern of many "fighters" was that the vaults were not linked with the tmd servers.
    With the pain spam aka "war" mechanic removed on the main servers and their jugg as well as weapons still there, the pvp community was essentially forced to restart their collection. to that end tmd classic was enjoyed briefly... the "old times" of atlanta were shortlived. the mechanics essentially gurrentee the death of a new player. Try firing at a jugg pain spamming with an m14 and tell me how that ends. My point? tmd-classic cannot grow. the "ogs" kinda got screwed here. they lost their main battleground and their "arsenals" of weapons and armor.

Now Ill be honest im not sure what tmd-op is or how it differs from tmd-classic. However I talk with many players frequently, and tmd-op does seem to come up quite alot. So in addition to what @Kyritic stated about replacing tmd classic with tmd-op I add this- link the vaults.

An alternative solution I offer is this. configure tmd-2 with the tmd-op mechanics. I believe that would be easier to implement and would not require adding another server.

BUILDERS AND MAP

the map

My opinion of the map stands like this. The pvp community does not care too much about the map itself or the accuracy of the map but some mechanics they do (such as cover and "warzones") the role play community does care quite a bit about the map as it makes their role plays more enjoyable. Me personally. i love the walking dead and I joined the server because of the map, and continue to stay because of it.

I strongly urge @Jacobg1998 @IgnitingIce or @BenGermann to consider this. Even if you dont publicly post your thoughts, please think about it.

MAP MAKER
    I aint gonna lie. I had a blast with map maker back in the day. @Kyritic is right once again about the impact map maker had. It helped the build team recruit and i think in some way made people appreciate the map more. However it is worth noting that map maker was taken down for glitching. currently i believe that minewars is the priority target to fix before updating mining dead. However I believe tasking one dev to fix map maker will be worth the investment of resources.

This is something i have long advocated for. And in that regard I have a few suggestions. but first the concept of walkers toughness has to be addressed. ive seen many people say the walkers are too weak. or they spawn to few and far in between. those are the most commonly held opinions. more walkers = more lag but perhaps if it was made that walkers have a boosted resistance to firearms.

tmd-endgame
    - broken leg mechanic
    -limit one "bag"
    -no warps or safezones
    -pvp optional

STAFF TEAM

Having been a helper for a few months i can personally attest to the amount of ill will flying towards us at any given time. Many staff have to balance upholding the rules and keeping favor within the community. That is simply not possible at times. When I was helper I tried to answer questions wherever i saw them and for "minor offences" i tried to verbal warn wherever i could for example i would see a role play someone might say "oh $hit! walkers!" now that is filter bypass a warn would be the proper call. But me personally id try to deliver a warning informally "hey man watch the bypass :)" that let him know i was not out to get him, got my warning across and didnt kill his mood. sometimes thats simply not possible. sometimes the balance cannot be "nice". and thats when it gets difficult for us. some players have it out for the staff and i dont get why. they volunteer their time and effort to try to keep the server friendly. the thing many people dont get about staff is that they are not there to sit and punish people. they are there to prevent arguments in the server- and that sometimes requires more than a warning. in my signature i have a winston churchill quote- attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. If you dispute a staff's decision say it with reason and logic

lets do an example- lets say chat was blowing up and i typed " *****s pistol* " in a role play. in that im saying im pulling the hammer back on my pistol. however on the swear feed of the staff it will show "****" which means... you know. bam! muted for 30 minutes. honest mistake.

2) hey i just wanna ask why i was muted. the mute said innapropriate chat but i was in a roleplay and was "****ing" my gun to fire.

in both cases the mute would be overturned... which one do you think would overturn it quicker and build goodwill between you and that staff?

I hope that gives a little insight to how we think (or at least how I did, i wont claim to speak for the others)

-general2673

My only issue is linking the vaults *if you mean linking TMDC's vaults to a potential new TMDOP", because some people already have 200 + sets of full jug, a factory reset would be enjoyable imo.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Map maker should not be readded. I think it should be revamped. Instead of using the weird plot/world system that was in place, it's in Havoc's best interest to use a stable, reliable plot plugin such as PlotSquared. There are tons of resources on how to set up a plot world using this plugin, and it offers tons of customization. It would take about 10 hours to set up a PlotSquared server. Schematics could be used instead of prebuilt worlds. I could go on..
    I liked map maker how it was, imo. That small chunk allowed you to build as BIG as you wanted, with unlimited possibilities! Plot worlds confine you to a single square, and that's no fun. Plus, having pre-built worlds can add to role-plays and other creative outlets! Just my 2 cents.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc

PVPers

--tmd-classic--

BUILDERS AND MAP

the map

MAP MAKER

tmd-endgame
    - broken leg mechanic
    -limit one "bag"
    -no warps or safezones
    -pvp optional

STAFF TEAM

-general2673
    Excellent!

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    Well,that over 21 to about (The 3 "some, but not all" I'll count as .5, same with "only a few, mostly no.") to about... 22.5 to 0.5.
    Any update on the matter now that it seems voting has come to an end? @Kyritic

Zepat

Mythical
    Zepat
    Zepat Zepat
    Yea, invest the time into the other gamemodes which r completely useless to havoc due to them having at most 10 players on

HavocMC isn't just about TMD anymore. TMD already got a lot of attention, and now I think it's time that the other gamemodes, and work in progress gamemodes get some love and attention too, it's only fair. This is what I think, and it seems that the owners and developers agree with me as they are focusing on MW and making new gamemodes.

Snakefangs2004

Mythical
    Snakefangs2004
    Snakefangs2004 Snakefangs2004
    HavocMC isn't just about TMD anymore. TMD already got a lot of attention, and now I think it's time that the other gamemodes, and work in progress gamemodes get some love and attention too, it's only fair. This is what I think, and it seems that the owners and developers agree with me as they are focusing on MW and making new gamemodes.
    I totally agree with that. Tmd is the main aspect of the server you could say but the whole reason they changed the server name from miningdead into havocmc is to have those new gamemodes. (I think it would be a cool thing if they add factions :) )

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    s

I think the problem goes beyond walkers being so weak. If they get buffed, will still be necessary wearing jugg? Or taking a gatling gun or golden deagle out there? Only getting tougher doesnt mean we make full use of all the items.
    For instance I just realized (while playing in a harry potter server) how hunger can get you. Food saturation is a real struggle, you get damaged and you regen quickly goes to zero. Running, flying, casting spells, all of that also deplets your hunger saturation, so its really important to grind some food and even craft your own (since it will give better saturation time).
    I don't know if this is related to 1.12 mechanics, but it puts the gameplay in a totally new perspective.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Yea, invest the time into the other gamemodes which r completely useless to havoc due to them having at most 10 players on
    Like everyone has already said... this is HavocMC now. We are more than just TMD. Also, with The Walking Dead show ending, it is imperative we put work in other places that have a more constant and stable foothold. Havoc Horizons (Skyblock), MineWars, Map Maker (Creative 'Plots'), and possibly Banner Wars should be the next priority. I think it's time our efforts are given a break. Let me provide an example:

You know how if you are constantly doing something over and over, your interest and attention span start to lack? Therefore, you put less effort into it? (like homework, kinda). Well, TMD has been the focus, and, I think it's become clear the interest is lacking, ya know, with all these "trash" or "failed" or "garbage" updates. So, why don't we give the devs a brain break from TMD's relentless community.

We are more than TMD now. That's just the way it is. We have to break out of this selfish mindset that it's all about "what I want." There are other communities that are falling, too, and they need updates much more than TMD does.

Last edited:

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    This is what lots of players don't get. Staff aren't going after them, they just want to help out.

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    I understand your viewpoint, but please consider this:
    -Conquest has been down for a year
    -Mine Wars hasn't been updated in a year and a half (I say update, but it was only a minor tweak on a gun)
    -MM has been down for a few months
    -HH hasn't been updated in a year
    -Not sure when Banner Wars was taken down, but it isn't here anymore

These modes don't draw players anymore simply because no attention was given to them. The focus was on TMD and TMD only, so the potential for the other modes was lost. They don't draw players anymore because they're stale, sometimes broken, and have almost no hope of going anywhere. In the case of half of the modes I listed, you can't even play them anymore.

The part that's sad is that if TMD updates had stopped after TMD-OP came out, the server would almost certainly be doing better. During that time, survivor-type players and newer guys were generally happy with TMD-1, and older players were generally happy with TMD-OP. If the updates had stopped there, and the attention was shifted to some of the other modes, we would all be happy. TMD ladds would have the mechanics they liked, and the rest of us on MW and HH would be able to get some new content, and have a reason to play. For some reason though, the owners decided "Let's get rid of this setup that most people are happy with, and merge the two." Since then, the updates have been bouncing between favoring survivor players, and favoring jugg war players, with some from both sides leaving at each update. The updates also tend to have a large amount of bugs, since it's too hard to have people test the new version before making it server-wide.

My point is this: if TMD had stopped updating, more of the server would still be here.

In addition to that, half the things that are being added to TMD aren't even doing anything. I'm gonna use the double health bar as an example. If you use the search bar on the forums, you can see how many times a word was said, unless it's been used too much for it to be worth counting, like if you search "the" or "and." If you try searching double, you can see that it was used about zero times in regards to health bars in the past few months. It wasn't needed, and it wasn't suggested by the community. It's a similar thing with the level system that was added a while back. A fair chunk of the changes to TMD are completely pointless, and the effort could be used to improve one of the other modes, or maybe even make them run again.

But nah, that would be crazy.