• IP Copied!
  • Goals

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    Hello HavocMC!

So I like to consider myself as a person of discussion and debate. I tend to think of random topics and giving my two sense into it. I've been reading this book called "Anxiety Toolkit" and I've been thinking about goals.

Pursuing goals can be difficult ranging from how big your goal is, to how small it is. When I refer to as big or small, there are actually two ways to look at it; realistic and emotional standings.

Realistic goals would be wanting to write a novel, or to exercise every day; it's something you may want to do just because, or because you feel it would benefit you. The contrast is emotional goals. Take the same two goals above and consider what's the reason you actually want to pursue such goals. Some people want to write a novel not because they're bored, but because it's a way for them to cope and it has a deep meaningful connection to that person's life. Same with exercising, someone facing depression may find difficulties since they want to, and know it would emotionally help them because of its meaning to them; this would be an example of emotional goals, in a sense.

Since I'm curious, and there are many of you out there, what goals do you have? Do you set small goals and increase them the further you progress, or do you have one huge goal that you pound progress on daily. What steps do you take as well, I'm quite interested! (No, it doesn't have to be about Minecraft lol :p)

~ Katitude <3

49ersfan77

Mythical
    49ersfan77
    49ersfan77 49ersfan77
    Hello HavocMC!

So I like to consider myself as a person of discussion and debate. I tend to think of random topics and giving my two sense into it. I've been reading this book called "Anxiety Toolkit" and I've been thinking about goals.

Pursuing goals can be difficult ranging from how big your goal is, to how small it is. When I refer to as big or small, there are actually two ways to look at it; realistic and emotional standings.

Realistic goals would be wanting to write a novel, or to exercise every day; it's something you may want to do just because, or because you feel it would benefit you. The contrast is emotional goals. Take the same two goals above and consider what's the reason you actually want to pursue such goals. Some people want to write a novel not because they're bored, but because it's a way for them to cope and it has a deep meaningful connection to that person's life. Same with exercising, someone facing depression may find difficulties since they want to, and know it would emotionally help them because of its meaning to them; this would be an example of emotional goals, in a sense.

Since I'm curious, and there are many of you out there, what goals do you have? Do you set small goals and increase them the further you progress, or do you have one huge goal that you pound progress on daily. What steps do you take as well, I'm quite interested! (No, it doesn't have to be about Minecraft lol :p)

~ Katitude <3
    My goal is to finally get the Millionaire Island on Havoc Horizons without building or farming anything (40% there)

gabrielmaennl5

Mythical
    gabrielmaennl5
    gabrielmaennl5 gabrielmaennl5
    I like the idea of this post!

My Minecraft related goal is to create my own server with my own developed plugins etc, half way there tbh but probably won’t ever become anything big, so just doing the building and the plugins for fun really, I usually work on a bit of that when I have time. This is probably my emotional goal (if I understood the term correctly) as I had a server and a community awhile back that I would love to re-create, this project is a massive stress relief, especially when life gets a bit stressful, and I usually feel good after doing something on this. And to feel the whole “hey I created this! Good job!” Kinda feeling.

My other goal is to become a music producer, so either I produce my own music or produce for other people, currently attending a school for this actually, just began holidays for it now! My side goal right now is to complete my own interesting rap album featuring a few rappers that go to my college and maybe a few others, but yeah! I practice making sounds, sound effects and synthesised instruments as small goals to help me gain a better understanding of the software and how to make sounds and such. I have an old school project floating around on YouTube somewhere under the name “Sunanic” if anyone’s interested, an old thing I did for a high school project, not that good because that was like my first haha. But this goal is definitely more of a realistic goal as I legitimately want to pursue this throughout my life because of my interests and my want to create my own sound (so my own kind of unique music)!

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Get a Job, and find a purposeful career to pursue...

Bench 180, then 200, all the way to 250...and maybe 300(I'd need bulk)

Squat 300, then 350, all the way to 400...

Become a Community Manager (Peachy's kooky lookin Role) @PeachDAboss

Find someone as Crippling as me so we could prevent each other from going S U I C I D A L

Create an Art Portfolio, Study Psychology, Find any possible way to fix the Government( or at least spread awareness), and finally find a long term goal to be more happy...

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    I like the idea of this post!

My Minecraft related goal is to create my own server with my own developed plugins etc, half way there tbh but probably won’t ever become anything big, so just doing the building and the plugins for fun really, I usually work on a bit of that when I have time. This is probably my emotional goal (if I understood the term correctly) as I had a server and a community awhile back that I would love to re-create, this project is a massive stress relief, especially when life gets a bit stressful, and I usually feel good after doing something on this. And to feel the whole “hey I created this! Good job!” Kinda feeling.

My other goal is to become a music producer, so either I produce my own music or produce for other people, currently attending a school for this actually, just began holidays for it now! My side goal right now is to complete my own interesting rap album featuring a few rappers that go to my college and maybe a few others, but yeah! I practice making sounds, sound effects and synthesised instruments as small goals to help me gain a better understanding of the software and how to make sounds and such. I have an old school project floating around on YouTube somewhere under the name “Sunanic” if anyone’s interested, an old thing I did for a high school project, not that good because that was like my first haha. But this goal is definitely more of a realistic goal as I legitimately want to pursue this throughout my life because of my interests and my want to create my own sound (so my own kind of unique music)!
    That's awesome I'm doin the same thing right now, teaching myself music production and working on a concept album/series of projects. I'm into that whole idea of self producing and expanding on the things that interest you the most in music. There's bravery in doing **** yourself, it's easy to follow the majority and just simply be an obedient consumer for your whole life. It's an incredibly difficult and uncomfortable thing to put yourself out there and make your own way with no rules or guidelines to follow. So yeah keep it up, glad I'm not the only one.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Get a Job, and find a purposeful career to pursue...

Bench 180, then 200, all the way to 250...and maybe 300(I'd need bulk)

Squat 300, then 350, all the way to 400...

Become a Community Manager (Peachy's kooky lookin Role) @PeachDAboss

Find someone as Crippling as me so we could prevent each other from going S U I C I D A L

Create an Art Portfolio, Study Psychology, Find any possible way to fix the Government( or at least spread awareness), and finally find a long term goal to be more happy...
    thats not a bad list much than mine