• IP Copied!
  • How players treat staff members

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Diligen

Titan
    HooverVC
    HooverVC HooverVC
    Rules should be more strict. Punish people more often. Honestly, you guys do have feelings. You don't deserve to be treated like trash. If rules were more strict, maybe that would stop. Making players think that if they say this really hurtful thing to a staff member, maybe they'll actually be punished. A 30 minute mute is nothing. You can just log off, eat food, come back, and say the same stuff again. It doesn't change much. Giving a player consistent warnings isn't solving anything. Mute them and give them some sort of harsher punishment. You shouldn't be able to tell a staff member to kill themselves and only get a 30 minute mute. It's just not right. Players too. Nobody deserves that. Not even @Jahango , and he's Jahango!

QueenMunchii

Mythical
    QueenMunchii
    QueenMunchii QueenMunchii
    This Was an amazing post. I've Seen in the past how people Treat the other staff members and Builders, now that I'm publicly a Builder I've Received Hate on multiple occasions aswell, And I've seen the other builders Get the same amount of hate or more. The player Disrespect has gotten out of Hand. It's Sad because all the staff members Work so hard to keep everyone happy.

We're all human. Being Disrespectful To a staff member is still Bullying. Bullying is wrong, And these things you guys do say to us is hurtful to some means.

The Staff Should have respect and shouldn't have to beg for it. The Staff put in hours on hours of work monitoring the Chat and watching for hackers. The Builders Build the map to you What you guys want.
    No one should be disrespected on this Server or on forums or in any matter. We're all humans we all have feelings and they do get hurt.

You wouldn't like it the other way around either.

QueenMunchii

Mythical
    QueenMunchii
    QueenMunchii QueenMunchii
    I feel like this is just a thing that comes with being staff, not saying it's okay for it to happen but if you can't handle hate then idk if you should be staff :/

Jahango. They do handle it. They are still here arent they?

You must've not of even read the whole article Because this thing was about how the players are constantly hating on the staff For no Reason It's tiring,

It is just a thing that comes with staff. But it shouldn't happen. At all. The Staff works extremely hard for this server. They should be respected By All means.

If you cant respect the staff, then idk if you should play here.

MasterRabbi

Any MineWars player can to be angry at staff. Sorry, but its true, we haven't gotten any major updates since the release of the game, staff never go on the minewars server even after they post things "Ill try my best to be more active on minewars", some staff don't even ****ing care about the game and say that "the owners can't keep dragging something that can't be pulled up."

Withermandude

Mythical
    Withermandude
    Withermandude Withermandude
    You all are absolutely right this is a problem that both the build team and staff team deal with on a regular basis I myself sometime complain about some stuff staff and builders too ( I try not to ) but not to the extent some players are. And yes you guys mess up , sometimes on a regular basis but for some players its 0 : 100 ( I myself have raged this bad at times ). The point of this comment is just to say staff doesn't deserve this type of treatment they are trying their best to help you and they are not to help themselves most of the time.

P.S. I know all of you will fine and least one inconsistency in my comment or find that it makes no sense please correct me down below

Withermandude

Mythical
    Withermandude
    Any MineWars player can to be angry at staff. Sorry, but its true, we haven't gotten any major updates since the release of the game, staff never go on the minewars server even after they post things "Ill try my best to be more active on minewars", some staff don't even ****ing care about the game and say that "the owners can't keep dragging something that can't be pulled up."
    Oh boo hoo, not not every game is gonna get updated every couple weeks and staff and builders have worked their asses off trying to get maps done for all of the servers I have seen how much stress some builders and staff go through just trying to get stuff done for the community. you have no right to be upset at staff!

MasterRabbi

Oh boo hoo, not not every game is gonna get updated every couple weeks and staff and builders have worked their asses off trying to get maps done for all of the servers I have seen how much stress some builders and staff go through just trying to get stuff done for the community. you have no right to be upset at staff!
    What are you on about xD I was a builder, and I resigned, also, do you even know when minewars was released? Also who are you to tell what right I am entitled to?

Last edited:

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    I partially agree with both of you.

@Withermandude Staff have promised several times to moderate Mine Wars better, but as far as I know, they still don't do more than pop on.

@FockeWulfFw190 Devs have been working on the TMD updates for the past few months. Hopefully they'll start working on Mine Wars now.

Withermandude

Mythical
    Withermandude
    What are you on about xD I was a builder, and I resigned, also, do you even know when minewars wasreleased?
    I was a builder too I resigned about two months ago your argument is pitiful when I was there they were working on all sorts of different maps

MasterRabbi

I was a builder too I resigned about two months ago your argument is pitiful when I was there they were working on all sorts of different maps
    Incorrect, they were only working on the TDM map if I believe, and minewars came out about a year ago. Also don't tell me what rights I'm entitled to bud ;)

PeachDAboss

Famous
    PeachDAboss
    PeachDAboss PeachDAboss
    I see a few problems with multiple post in this whole discussion, but let me throw my opinion out in the first place. The claim that staff are never online is utter garbage. Last week I clocked in with 17 hours. Staff are always online, regardless of time. In fact, Jr.Mods and Sr.Mods keep a very close eye on TMD-1. We're not seen because the very rare time we do appear in game, people decide to act immature, which at this point is normal, and Riot, just like yesterday. I speak for myself on this one, but to me words are just words. I really could care less what you say to me. You can talk trash to me, I don't care. The problem is everyone isn't like me. We have people who spend upwards of 30+ hours per week, and all you can do is sling crap at them. The next claim, which I'm stunned people actually believe this, is that "staff" are involved in the updates. No. Sr.Mod and below has nothing to do with the updates. In fact, in case you didn't know - We have multiple glitches on our side currently that the Owners have noted but will be fixed LAST to fix PLAYER glitches first. Throwing a tantrum about an update with glitches is beyond me, suck it up buttercup. The next claim is about Minewars. Yes - Minewars is neglected. However - we have a larger focus on TMD. This is for two reasons. Moderation and playerbase. Minewars has a very small playerbase, while TMD and HH have a larger playerbase that requires more moderation and time directed at them. Yes - I will directly make a point to moderate MW and encourage other staff members to moderate MW, but this whole argument that MW is ignored and hasn't had an update, is that you want it, not that you need it. I have been one of the few staff members to label builders as "non-staff", but I have to do a lot of thinking about the people who make this possible in the first place. Owners, Builders and the Wonderful Helpers, Jr. Mods and fellow Sr.Mods I get to work with each day. Builders are a big part of the team and the group. I have seen users hate on builders. This post isn't about "fighting" back or a "rant." it's to make one post clear. Realize what is coming out of your mouth, and if it's constant hate or insults, shut the hell up.

Rules should be more strict. Punish people more often. Honestly, you guys do have feelings. You don't deserve to be treated like trash. If rules were more strict, maybe that would stop. Making players think that if they say this really hurtful thing to a staff member, maybe they'll actually be punished. A 30 minute mute is nothing. You can just log off, eat food, come back, and say the same stuff again. It doesn't change much. Giving a player consistent warnings isn't solving anything. Mute them and give them some sort of harsher punishment. You shouldn't be able to tell a staff member to kill themselves and only get a 30 minute mute. It's just not right. Players too. Nobody deserves that. Not even @Jahango , and he's Jahango!

and FYI - if we can't see a change in overall user attitude - maybe we should change the rules. I personally have no problem muting players for a week who are rude to Helpers or Jr.Mods. It's time for the community to decide what kind of punishments they want. Pick wisely or we'll pick for you.

I hope you all have a blessed night/day.

- Peach

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    ya but some people hate strict ruling which will just cause players to leave because they constantly get muted just for trash talking, like you're playing a game, every game has trash talk and you can't stop that. The 30 minute mutes are fine, if they continue then it gets longer simple, and I honestly don't care if people tell me to kill myself like it's really not that hard to just not care what people say... idk why everyone gets hurt by what people say over a game :/

Withermandude

Mythical
    Withermandude
    Incorrect, they were only working on the TDM map if I believe, and minewars came out about a year ago. Also don't tell me what rights I'm entitled to bud ;)
    From what I had seen there were no official releases planned but many builders and higher up staff were working on new maps for the other servers

Withermandude

Mythical
    Withermandude
    For those who are not aware, I mentioned in my post that I wanted the drama kept to a minimum. Please honour this request (and please don't respond to this with "Wow why can't we express our opinions?!").
    Being honest here your post was awesome and I thought that this was over due , due to all the hate you all receive... but after saying that you opened up the possibility for *******s VS staff that means well and people who dont hate

MasterRabbi

I see a few problems with multiple post in this whole discussion, but let me throw my opinion out in the first place. The claim that staff are never online is utter garbage. Last week I clocked in with 17 hours. Staff are always online, regardless of time. In fact, Jr.Mods and Sr.Mods keep a very close eye on TMD-1. We're not seen because the very rare time we do appear in game, people decide to act immature, which at this point is normal, and Riot, just like yesterday. I speak for myself on this one, but to me words are just words. I really could care less what you say to me. You can talk trash to me, I don't care. The problem is everyone isn't like me. We have people who spend upwards of 30+ hours per week, and all you can do is sling crap at them. The next claim, which I'm stunned people actually believe this, is that "staff" are involved in the updates. No. Sr.Mod and below has nothing to do with the updates. In fact, in case you didn't know - We have multiple glitches on our side currently that the Owners have noted but will be fixed LAST to fix PLAYER glitches first. Throwing a tantrum about an update with glitches is beyond me, suck it up buttercup. The next claim is about Minewars. Yes - Minewars is neglected. However - we have a larger focus on TMD. This is for two reasons. Moderation and playerbase. Minewars has a very small playerbase, while TMD and HH have a larger playerbase that requires more moderation and time directed at them. Yes - I will directly make a point to moderate MW and encourage other staff members to moderate MW, but this whole argument that MW is ignored and hasn't had an update, is that you want it, not that you need it. I have been one of the few staff members to label builders as "non-staff", but I have to do a lot of thinking about the people who make this possible in the first place. Owners, Builders and the Wonderful Helpers, Jr. Mods and fellow Sr.Mods I get to work with each day. Builders are a big part of the team and the group. I have seen users hate on builders. This post isn't about "fighting" back or a "rant." it's to make one post clear. Realize what is coming out of your mouth, and if it's constant hate or insults, shut the hell up.

and FYI - if we can't see a change in overall user attitude - maybe we should change the rules. I personally have no problem muting players for a week who are rude to Helpers or Jr.Mods. It's time for the community to decide what kind of punishments they want. Pick wisely or we'll pick for you.

I hope you all have a blessed night/day.

- Peach
    Let me ask you a question, would you still enjoy a game after playing it for around 400 hours with it having no major updates during that playtime? And let me remind you that the reason MineWars doesn't get a lot of attention is because of the lack of updates, if someone took care of the game, added things which we suggested and did some of things that staff members promised to do, we wouldn't be in this situation. You see, updating a game keeps the player count high, if the game gets more players, we can logically assume that a larger amount of people would apply for staff, so, generally speaking, updating the game would fix many of the issues players face when playing minewars.

Withermandude

Mythical
    Withermandude
    *grabs popcorn* full out war starts between staff and "ungrateful players"

(please dont hate me Im just trying to be funny)

Status
    Not open for further replies.