• IP Copied!
  • Remove Npcs from Safe-zone

Do you think Npcs should be removed?

• Yes I do think Npcs should be removed

• No I don't think Npcs should be removed.

Results are only viewable after voting.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Ok let's be honest Npcs in sz are a stupid thing. This server is based off the walking dead, and in the walking dead there is no one standing there with an infinite amount of items saying "Oh! Hi, do you need 50,000 cans of soup? Because I just have that laying around in the middle of the apocalypse." The whole concept of Npcs are stupid. I understand that they are there to sell items, but would someone really be selling a bunch of good armor and other things in the middle of the apocalypse? I know removing them would mess with people that have infinite money, but WHY IS THAT A THING???? I mean there is no person in real life that has infinite money. It's not like this can happen "Oh hello Billy I'm gonna buy the whole world for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 because I have infinite money." Just remove that aswell, as for the people that have it, just give them something in exhange for it, like a rank upgrade or something. If Npcs were removed the gameplay would be much better. Items would be much harder to find, but not impossible to get. This would make it more realistic and I don't think it would anger THAT many players.

Let me point this out, the server does NOT need a server shop. The MiningDead is based off the walking dead. And they have an economy, not a set shop with set prices. I am going off of this, there for the server should not need or have Npcs that sell things,

Let me know what you think.

(P.S I know quests will come out, so this is just for safezone Npcs that sell stuff)

Last edited:

Firrothe

This idea is worse if you ask me...would change to much at all... and... would change nearly everything. If you say remove NPC's, you should remove the enderchest too or what...

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Then there's no shop..?
    How are wars a thing? You're essentially creating hardmode.

The market would be based on player selling items, it doesn't create hard mode either. In hard mode there is no safezones, no crates, you have to quickly amputate, there is a 10 minute ban, and things are much harder to find.
    Also what do you mean how are wars still a thing? Wars would happen either way, I mean the only thing that comes from shop is pain killers, and we obviously need more of those.

This is simply adding a more realistic aspect to the game, and let's think about it this way, in real life if you were in the middle of the apocalypse, would you have a random shop selling supplies you need? AND would you just have infinite amounts of supplies? Because that's how it currently works.

Last edited:

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    The market would be based on player selling items, it doesn't create hard mode either. In hard mode there is no safezones, no crates, you have to quickly amputate, there is a 10 minute ban, and things are much harder to find.
    Also what do you mean how are wars still a thing? Wars would happen either way, I mean the only thing that comes from shop is pain killers, and we obviously need more of those.

This is simply adding a more realistic aspect to the game, and let's think about it this way, in real life if you were in the middle of the apocalypse, would you have a random shop selling supplies you need? AND would you just have infinite amounts of supplies? Because that's how it currently works.
    Hardmode isn't hardcore. Don't make that connection. Basically none of this game is realistic. You can carry 8 stacks of pains and 5 guns at once; heavy riot armor while you sprint. Teleportation, /near, and kits. Realism is not really part of the game. It may be the objective but we're far from it.

How is there "player sold items?" Are you expecting all trades to come from the wilderness? Do you realize how hard finding t4s is, especially in the middle of nowhere?
    Of course wars wouldn't be a thing. People couldn't afford dropping 30k for tier fours and pains, which took them two hours to get.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Hardmode isn't hardcore. Don't make that connection. Basically none of this game is realistic. You can carry 8 stacks of pains and 5 guns at once; heavy riot armor while you sprint. Teleportation, /near, and kits. Realism is not really part of the game. It may be the objective but we're far from it.

How is there "player sold items?" Are you expecting all trades to come from the wilderness? Do you realize how hard finding t4s is, especially in the middle of nowhere?
    Of course wars wouldn't be a thing. People couldn't afford dropping 30k for tier fours and pains, which took them two hours to get.

Idk if you realized it this server is based off THE WALKING DEAD. They are pushing to make it more like that, (Map updates, loot change, etc...) And the current shop system is nothing like the Walking dead. It would be even better if NPCs could only sell what players sell to them. Also you seem to not understand there would still be SAFEZONE just not Npcs that sell things. Tier fours aren't hard to get, I can camp a place and get several. If people got their butts out of shop and actually went out in the world they would realize how easy it is to get stuff. I camp one spot, for about an hour, and I have 33 sniper clips, 3 tier 4 guns, over 60 food items, 5 motorcycles, 26 pistol clips, full riot, antibiotics, and a bunch of other stuff. Shop is not needed. See the thing is, go do a play through where you don't buy Zthings from safezone. I don't buy things from sz at all and I have a crap ton of stuff and I don't go to safezone whatsoever. Also idk if you know this, by almost every place has at least 1 "op chest" and by op I mean it can spawn riot and tier 4s. Also tier 4s don't break, and ammo is not hard to get. You don't need pains to do wars, it is called medpacks, It would ask be skilled based.

Think about this for a second and ask yourself, is shop really needed?

scampower3

scampower3
    scampower3 scampower3
    Alright in my personal opinion I find safezone NPC shops pointless, but I know many players buy painkillers and other stuff from there, but personally I don't buy anything from the safezone. Remove the NPCs from the safezone? I think that's not the way to go. Sometimes those shops are what we need, but one issue is that player trade isn't as easy now.
    When I first started this server (2015), I could easily find people willing to buy ordinary lootable items from me as I travelled from location to location. Basic necessities such as ammo, food, tier 4 guns, riot armour.. I was actually able to find people willing to spend money to buy them. Now the only things people buy are vehicles and the legendary items. I think a way to improve and encourage the situation of trading between players should be implemented, because the economy right now relies heavily on the same things.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Alright in my personal opinion I find safezone NPC shops pointless, but I know many players buy painkillers and other stuff from there, but personally I don't buy anything from the safezone. Remove the NPCs from the safezone? I think that's not the way to go. Sometimes those shops are what we need, but one issue is that player trade isn't as easy now.
    When I first started this server (2015), I could easily find people willing to buy ordinary lootable items from me as I travelled from location to location. Basic necessities such as ammo, food, tier 4 guns, riot armour.. I was actually able to find people willing to spend money to buy them. Now the only things people buy are vehicles and the legendary items. I think a way to improve and encourage the situation of trading between players should be implemented, because the economy right now relies heavily on the same things.

I agree with you, there is nothing in the shop that couldn't be found in the wild. The thing is, like you said there is no trade value anymore. The only thing you can sell are legendary items and cars. I used to buy things like food from people, now I don't, no one sells it. I can just go to safezone aswell. I just personally don't think the Shop is needed, everything can be found out in the map. People are to reliant on the shop.

Nothing has any value anymore, but it is clear nothing will change due to the sheer amount of people that rely on the shop.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    Idk if you realized it this server is based off THE WALKING DEAD. They are pushing to make it more like that, (Map updates, loot change, etc...) And the current shop system is nothing like the Walking dead. It would be even better if NPCs could only sell what players sell to them. Also you seem to not understand there would still be SAFEZONE just not Npcs that sell things. Tier fours aren't hard to get, I can camp a place and get several. If people got their butts out of shop and actually went out in the world they would realize how easy it is to get stuff. I camp one spot, for about an hour, and I have 33 sniper clips, 3 tier 4 guns, over 60 food items, 5 motorcycles, 26 pistol clips, full riot, antibiotics, and a bunch of other stuff. Shop is not needed. See the thing is, go do a play through where you don't buy Zthings from safezone. I don't buy things from sz at all and I have a crap ton of stuff and I don't go to safezone whatsoever. Also idk if you know this, by almost every place has at least 1 "op chest" and by op I mean it can spawn riot and tier 4s. Also tier 4s don't break, and ammo is not hard to get. You don't need pains to do wars, it is called medpacks, It would ask be skilled based.

Think about this for a second and ask yourself, is shop really needed?
    Yes. Nobody is willing or wants besides you to farm for two hours for one set of riot.

You don't have pains, either. Warring is done for at that point, especially since everyone would be a two tap. Medpacks run out fast, and if you get shot twice you run out or die trying to spam.

No kidding it's BASED off of the walking dead, genius. It doesn't mean it's like it in a lot of ways. In some ways, stuff needs to be changed to make the game fun. Everyone will hate the server if you take away the simple shop.

By the way, your loot numbers are seriously inflated. You'll get around a third of what you said.

EndyWulf

Ok let's be honest Npcs in sz are a stupid thing. This server is based off the walking dead, and in the walking dead there is no one standing there with an infinite amount of items saying "Oh! Hi, do you need 50,000 cans of soup? Because I just have that laying around in the middle of the apocalypse." The whole concept of Npcs are stupid. I understand that they are there to sell items, but would someone really be selling a bunch of good armor and other things in the middle of the apocalypse? I know removing them would mess with people that have infinite money, but WHY IS THAT A THING???? I mean there is no person in real life that has infinite money. It's not like this can happen "Oh hello Billy I'm gonna buy the whole world for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 because I have infinite money." Just remove that aswell, as for the people that have it, just give them something in exhange for it, like a rank upgrade or something. If Npcs were removed the gameplay would be much better. Items would be much harder to find, but not impossible to get. This would make it more realistic and I don't think it would anger THAT many players.

Let me point this out, the server does NOT need a server shop. The MiningDead is based off the walking dead. And they have an economy, not a set shop with set prices. I am going off of this, there for the server should not need or have Npcs that sell things,

Let me know what you think.

(P.S I know quests will come out, so this is just for safezone Npcs that sell stuff)

I feel that maybe removing particular NPCs is a good idea. Making Maggie at one place and not in some others would force players to move from one SZ to another. Encouraging leaving the SZs and playing the field more. But the cutting them out completely would be a drastic change that the server would loath.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Yes. Nobody is willing or wants besides you to farm for two hours for one set of riot.

You don't have pains, either. Warring is done for at that point, especially since everyone would be a two tap. Medpacks run out fast, and if you get shot twice you run out or die trying to spam.

No kidding it's BASED off of the walking dead, genius. It doesn't mean it's like it in a lot of ways. In some ways, stuff needs to be changed to make the game fun. Everyone will hate the server if you take away the simple shop.

By the way, your loot numbers are seriously inflated. You'll get around a third of what you said.

Wars used to be skilled based, have you read a single word of what the builders said? Probably not, otherwise you would know a lot more then you do, like for example the owners are pushing for changes so the server will be more like the show.

Your against jugg yet your pro painkillers? How do that work? The whole reason jugg is a problem is because of painkillers. You have some backwards logic dude.

Now listen I understand you players that rely on shop can't even comprehend what it is like not to use shop, but that number is not inflated. There is some places that actually give you that kind of loot. Ik it might be hard to believe but it's true. Like the CDC, or hartsfield.

EndyWulf

Wars used to be skilled based, have you read a single word of what the builders said? Probably not, otherwise you would know a lot more then you do, like for example the owners are pushing for changes so the server will be more like the show.

Your against jugg yet your pro painkillers? How do that work? The whole reason jugg is a problem is because of painkillers. You have some backwards logic dude.

Now listen I understand you players that rely on shop can't even comprehend what it is like not to use shop, but that number is not inflated. There is some places that actually give you that kind of loot. Ik it might be hard to believe but it's true. Like the CDC, or hartsfield.

I actually agree. I have filled a backpack with ammo, died, and found MORE ammo when I realized that Military heavy areas spawn more than homes or shops.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    Pains aren't the reason jugg is op- it's the fact it's so tanky. People just rush with a spas and full jugg and don't bother since they tank through anything. One time a full rushed us (4 of us) and took us all without paining. He just rushed and spased in.

Again, a lot of aspects on tmd have nothing to do with the show. I get that. some of it is needed. The shop is one of the most essential things ever. Nor did you address the fact you would need to grind an hour and a half for some lousy riot. Nothing would happen because you would either be too scared to die after grinding or you would and die right away, wasting your work.

That seems genius, doesn't it?

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Pains aren't the reason jugg is op- it's the fact it's so tanky. People just rush with a spas and full jugg and don't bother since they tank through anything. One time a full rushed us (4 of us) and took us all without paining. He just rushed and spased in.

Again, a lot of aspects on tmd have nothing to do with the show. I get that. some of it is needed. The shop is one of the most essential things ever. Nor did you address the fact you would need to grind an hour and a half for some lousy riot. Nothing would happen because you would either be too scared to die after grinding or you would and die right away, wasting your work.

That seems genius, doesn't it?

Jugg + pain killers = unkillable.
    Pains are literally how a lot of people survive fights. A lot of jugg would be useless if they didn't have the regen of pains.

Once again, it doesn't take that long to get a full set of riot. It is quite common, and easy to acquire. I understand this has its flaws, but the main purpose of this suggestion was
    A: to make it more
    Realistic
    B: to encourage people to start a player economy.
    C: Make safezones less of a camping spot.

Listen we both have our views, it's clear more people have the same views as you so I'm going to stop fighting with you about it.

EndyWulf

Jugg + pain killers = unkillable.
    Pains are literally how a lot of people survive fights. A lot of jugg would be useless if they didn't have the regen of pains.

Once again, it doesn't take that long to get a full set of riot. It is quite common, and easy to acquire. I understand this has its flaws, but the main purpose of this suggestion was
    A: to make it more
    Realistic
    B: to encourage people to start a player economy.
    C: Make safezones less of a camping spot.

Listen we both have our views, it's clear more people have the same views as you so I'm going to stop fighting with you about it.

Yeah. It goes back to my point. Players dont want to branch out and make a game type. Mose people on here are campers. ether at the SZ or CDC and the like places. They want as many cars, anti and ammo so they can sell and shoot up Walkers. In the end, the game is a sandbox. If you want to make it harder for yourself, Don't collect water bottles or food at night. Bunk in a save area with baricades and make a stand before Walkers get you. Then forage during the day when Walkers are not as likely to be around. Thats what I do most of the time. But that's just how I play to make it more real.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Yeah. It goes back to my point. Players dont want to branch out and make a game type. Mose people on here are campers. ether at the SZ or CDC and the like places. They want as many cars, anti and ammo so they can sell and shoot up Walkers. In the end, the game is a sandbox. If you want to make it harder for yourself, Don't collect water bottles or food at night. Bunk in a save area with baricades and make a stand before Walkers get you. Then forage during the day when Walkers are not as likely to be around. Thats what I do most of the time. But that's just how I play to make it more real.
    Agreed. I don't play pvp servers 1 and 2 because of the high player count. On the others, since player count is low, its harder to kill or be killed. Way easier to farm loot, and people are sometimes willing to buy it at a safezone. I don't use the npc shops, but that's because I can just find everything. Im a God rank, and with a high rank you might expect me using jugg, legends, and pains, but honestly I don't carry more than a stack of pains, sell all my jugg, and only keep gats and flamers for pvp disabled servers (to tear apart zeds). Honestly having npc,s isn't bad, but if someone is buying ridiculous amounts of items the it becomes a problem. So just going back to the point, go on the last pvp servers and avoid berx. Problem solved :p