• IP Copied!
  • Remove Npcs from Safe-zone

Do you think Npcs should be removed?

• Yes I do think Npcs should be removed

• No I don't think Npcs should be removed.

Results are only viewable after voting.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Yeah. It goes back to my point. Players dont want to branch out and make a game type. Mose people on here are campers. ether at the SZ or CDC and the like places. They want as many cars, anti and ammo so they can sell and shoot up Walkers. In the end, the game is a sandbox. If you want to make it harder for yourself, Don't collect water bottles or food at night. Bunk in a save area with baricades and make a stand before Walkers get you. Then forage during the day when Walkers are not as likely to be around. Thats what I do most of the time. But that's just how I play to make it more real.

Yeah. I agree 100%

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Agreed. I don't play pvp servers 1 and 2 because of the high player count. On the others, since player count is low, its harder to kill or be killed. Way easier to farm loot, and people are sometimes willing to buy it at a safezone. I don't use the npc shops, but that's because I can just find everything. Im a God rank, and with a high rank you might expect me using jugg, legends, and pains, but honestly I don't carry more than a stack of pains, sell all my jugg, and only keep gats and flamers for pvp disabled servers (to tear apart zeds). Honestly having npc,s isn't bad, but if someone is buying ridiculous amounts of items the it becomes a problem. So just going back to the point, go on the last pvp servers and avoid berx. Problem solved :p

I like pvp 2 for 1 reason only, the added risk of players. In pve thee is no risk whatsoever, in pvp you have to be careful of what you say, where you go, and what you do.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    I like pvp 2 for 1 reason only, the added risk of players. In pve thee is no risk whatsoever, in pvp you have to be careful of what you say, where you go, and what you do.
    True, but theres always that one guy on pve killing people :p
    Alex gate: got crushed, zombies let in to eat me
    Hilltop gate: got crushed, zombies let in to eat me
    CDC: Death by tank, death by elevator, death by door, eaten by zeds
    Every climbable tower in atlanta: Pushed off :(
    Safezones: Pushed into hoards outside
    People: Kill using vehicles, kill using barricade suffocation, killed by tping on top of tower, death by being drowned from a tp (This one is kinda odd)

Or that one time some guy fed me with human meat he got from a pvp server, and I just thought it was a cooked porkchop... idk if that one was intended though

BenSmart112

Mythical
    BenSmart112
    BenSmart112 BenSmart112
    Ok let's be honest Npcs in sz are a stupid thing. This server is based off the walking dead, and in the walking dead there is no one standing there with an infinite amount of items saying "Oh! Hi, do you need 50,000 cans of soup? Because I just have that laying around in the middle of the apocalypse." The whole concept of Npcs are stupid. I understand that they are there to sell items, but would someone really be selling a bunch of good armor and other things in the middle of the apocalypse? I know removing them would mess with people that have infinite money, but WHY IS THAT A THING???? I mean there is no person in real life that has infinite money. It's not like this can happen "Oh hello Billy I'm gonna buy the whole world for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 because I have infinite money." Just remove that aswell, as for the people that have it, just give them something in exhange for it, like a rank upgrade or something. If Npcs were removed the gameplay would be much better. Items would be much harder to find, but not impossible to get. This would make it more realistic and I don't think it would anger THAT many players.

Let me point this out, the server does NOT need a server shop. The MiningDead is based off the walking dead. And they have an economy, not a set shop with set prices. I am going off of this, there for the server should not need or have Npcs that sell things,

Let me know what you think.

(P.S I know quests will come out, so this is just for safezone Npcs that sell stuff)
    You are much too new to understand what we need and don't need. Sorry, but as discussed, NPC shops are here to stay.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    True, but theres always that one guy on pve killing people :p
    Alex gate: got crushed, zombies let in to eat me
    Hilltop gate: got crushed, zombies let in to eat me
    CDC: Death by tank, death by elevator, death by door, eaten by zeds
    Every climbable tower in atlanta: Pushed off :(
    Safezones: Pushed into hoards outside
    People: Kill using vehicles, kill using barricade suffocation, killed by tping on top of tower, death by being drowned from a tp (This one is kinda odd)

Or that one time some guy fed me with human meat he got from a pvp server, and I just thought it was a cooked porkchop... idk if that one was intended though

Last one made my day.

EndyWulf

NPC's won't be removed, however I believe that it should be more limited to what they sell.

This is also another Idea I like. Make it so you can only buy a set amount per minecraft day. Similar to how you can only trade villagers a set number of times, but make it a dayly thing.

Software_Update

what about the people with unlimited money? the ones who spent countless amounts of their money on crates to get unlimited? What would happen to them.

verenity_

Titan
    0hRatio
    0hRatio 0hRatio
    They should keep NPC there. It is there for people to restock and then go on their way. What makes it a problem is the ability for someone to reappear after they are killed. There really should be a cooldown when they can enter the world again. That is what made Hardcore so much better.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    They should keep NPC there. It is there for people to restock and then go on their way. What makes it a problem is the ability for someone to reappear after they are killed. There really should be a cooldown when they can enter the world again. That is what made Hardcore so much better.
    Id rather just make the safezone cooldown 10ish minutes

cooltimmy5

How about not removing npc's but relocating them around the map like the Rick NPC would be in his hometown, and Hershel would be at his farm etc. This would help stop people camping at Berx and other places, makes the game a bit more realistic, it encourages people to travel around the map, makes it risky that you may get killed while buying things, and also could cause wars at other places besides CDC. (Basically only place where wars take place.)

Last edited:

Kiverient

Titan
    Kiverient
    Kiverient Kiverient
    How bout not removing NPC's at all? Without them you kindof cant pvp anymore because you cant buy Riot, Barrett's, Spas, Ammo, Pains, ect.