• IP Copied!
  • Remove Npcs from Safe-zone

Do you think Npcs should be removed?

• Yes I do think Npcs should be removed

• No I don't think Npcs should be removed.

Results are only viewable after voting.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Am i the only one who dk wat is EULA

Eula is Minecraft's terms of service, it's purpose was to prevent people from making money off of Minecraft. It says that servers can't sell things that gives advantages to players, they are only allowed to sell cosmetic things. It is a very stupid thing.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    This thread is my most favorite by far, due to two things, how much hate it got, and the fact that it got 5 supporters.

CoolGriffin123

Ok let's be honest Npcs in sz are a stupid thing. This server is based off the walking dead, and in the walking dead there is no one standing there with an infinite amount of items saying "Oh! Hi, do you need 50,000 cans of soup? Because I just have that laying around in the middle of the apocalypse." The whole concept of Npcs are stupid. I understand that they are there to sell items, but would someone really be selling a bunch of good armor and other things in the middle of the apocalypse? I know removing them would mess with people that have infinite money, but WHY IS THAT A THING???? I mean there is no person in real life that has infinite money. It's not like this can happen "Oh hello Billy I'm gonna buy the whole world for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 because I have infinite money." Just remove that aswell, as for the people that have it, just give them something in exhange for it, like a rank upgrade or something. If Npcs were removed the gameplay would be much better. Items would be much harder to find, but not impossible to get. This would make it more realistic and I don't think it would anger THAT many players.

Let me point this out, the server does NOT need a server shop. The MiningDead is based off the walking dead. And they have an economy, not a set shop with set prices. I am going off of this, there for the server should not need or have Npcs that sell things,

Let me know what you think.

(P.S I know quests will come out, so this is just for safezone Npcs that sell stuff)
    economy? great idea!

ChiefyMcNeil
    ChiefyMcNeil ChiefyMcNeil
    Ok let's be honest Npcs in sz are a stupid thing. This server is based off the walking dead, and in the walking dead there is no one standing there with an infinite amount of items saying "Oh! Hi, do you need 50,000 cans of soup? Because I just have that laying around in the middle of the apocalypse." The whole concept of Npcs are stupid. I understand that they are there to sell items, but would someone really be selling a bunch of good armor and other things in the middle of the apocalypse? I know removing them would mess with people that have infinite money, but WHY IS THAT A THING???? I mean there is no person in real life that has infinite money. It's not like this can happen "Oh hello Billy I'm gonna buy the whole world for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 because I have infinite money." Just remove that aswell, as for the people that have it, just give them something in exhange for it, like a rank upgrade or something. If Npcs were removed the gameplay would be much better. Items would be much harder to find, but not impossible to get. This would make it more realistic and I don't think it would anger THAT many players.

Let me point this out, the server does NOT need a server shop. The MiningDead is based off the walking dead. And they have an economy, not a set shop with set prices. I am going off of this, there for the server should not need or have Npcs that sell things,

(P.S I know quests will come out, so this is just for safezone Npcs that sell stuff)
    I disagree! xD the servers based off the walking dead and everyone likes to see their favorite characters as an NPC selling things that go along with their character, and they should stay.

Diamond_Knight_9

Pains aren't the reason jugg is op- it's the fact it's so tanky. People just rush with a spas and full jugg and don't bother since they tank through anything. One time a full rushed us (4 of us) and took us all without paining. He just rushed and spased in.

Again, a lot of aspects on tmd have nothing to do with the show. I get that. some of it is needed. The shop is one of the most essential things ever. Nor did you address the fact you would need to grind an hour and a half for some lousy riot. Nothing would happen because you would either be too scared to die after grinding or you would and die right away, wasting your work.

That seems genius, doesn't it?
    such sarcasm

BenSmart112

Mythical
    BenSmart112
    BenSmart112 BenSmart112
    Can you find steak in five minutes? I'm pretty sure they don't spawn in chests, you need to find a cow and coal, kill the cow, take the beef, then cook it.
    You can find it. It's kind of uncommon. Look in residential property, like in small towns.

Chick_Fil_A_Jr

This would completely defy the point of infinite money and reduce pvp combat drastically

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    This would completely defy the point of infinite money and reduce pvp combat drastically
    1: Pvp isn't the point of this server.
    2: infinite shouldn't be a thing it was stupid on the server's part.
    3: This thread should have been dead along time ago.

AtresMortes

Mythical
    AtresMortes
    AtresMortes AtresMortes
    So, if NPC's were removed, what is your opinion on a compensation? Buffing loot spawn chests? This would be a game-changing decision on how people fight, and how supplies are gained. If NPC's are taken away, there needs to be some kind of compensation to balance out the loads of missing gear. In my opinion, this isn't a valid suggestion.

BenSmart112

Mythical
    BenSmart112
    BenSmart112 BenSmart112
    So, if NPC's were removed, what is your opinion on a compensation? Buffing loot spawn chests? This would be a game-changing decision on how people fight, and how supplies are gained. If NPC's are taken away, there needs to be some kind of compensation to balance out the loads of missing gear. In my opinion, this isn't a valid suggestion.
    If anything, chest spawns need a downgrade. Guns should be rare as hell, and so should any non-leather armor. And we should add back dyed leather gear.

Kiverient

Titan
    Kiverient
    Kiverient Kiverient
    Guys... NPC's are staying... Stop asking "What if they're removed". They're here to stay... Can a staff member close this thread please?

Chick_Fil_A_Jr

1: Pvp isn't the point of this server.
    2: infinite shouldn't be a thing it was stupid on the server's part.
    3: This thread should have been dead along time ago.

WHAT. pvp is the point off the server and if you dont like it play on a non pvp server. Think about it everything in TMD is revolved around pvp. People buy and sell jugg, legendary weapons, pains. Why? To do better in pvp. Anyone who says pvp isn't the point if the server need to seriously rethink their claim.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    WHAT. pvp is the point off the server and if you dont like it play on a non pvp server. Think about it everything in TMD is revolved around pvp. People buy and sell jugg, legendary weapons, pains. Why? To do better in pvp. Anyone who says pvp isn't the point if the server need to seriously rethink their claim.

The point of the walking dead is to provide a walking dead Like experience. It has turned into a pvp server but that was not their original intent for the server. I garuntee you if you ask any of the owners they will say the point of the server is not for pvping. There is a reason everything is walking dead themed.

Chick_Fil_A_Jr

The point of the walking dead is to provide a walking dead Like experience. It has turned into a pvp server but that was not their original intent for the server. I garuntee you if you ask any of the owners they will say the point of the server is not for pvping. There is a reason everything is walking dead themed.

That may or may not be true, but even if it is true the owners intent doesn't matter that much anymore. The owners made a great server and the community brought it to where it is today. So what i'm trying to say is that the owners listen to the community because without the community the owners have nothing, This it wouldn't make sense for the owners to not listen to the community and revert back to the server it was. For example large companies like apple dont do what ever they want to do they listen to the consumers buying their product. Like when the Iphone 6+ was to big people complained and they made the Iphone SE. So basically doing this would anger the community and the people that make the server what it is (the community) are the people who's opinion really matter.