• IP Copied!
  • The Mining Dead Map and PVP Update

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    P2ZR86r.jpg
    Hey guys,

So I guess it's time to break the news, I am the new community manager for the server. Now I know that I’m probably not peoples first choice for this role, and I haven't had the cleanest of pasts but I want to assure you that I will be a lot responsible and mature in this role. In the past I have had issues with people and if you’re one of those people I want you to know that I’m not going to let that get in the way of my role. I will not be biased. If we have had issues I want you to know that on my side it's water over the bridge and if you want to discuss past issues please message me on discord.

Last time we had a community manager not much was changed in the server. This won't be the case this time. I have lots of ideas on how to improve the communication between you the players and the owners and overall to improve the server. Here are just a few ideas I have thought of.
    • The return of regular updates which will combine with the builder's newsletters, I'm thinking every two weeks
    • Efficient use of social media to advertise the server
    • Monthly meetings with the owners bringing them the information that can help the server the most
    • Conversations with you the players, I am going to be active and I will provide you with a guaranteed response in 48 hours. The best way to message me is through the forums or discord.
    • Content for the official Havocmc youtube channel.
    These are only off the top of my head and I'm sure I'll think of more and you’ll provide me with many more. I have many specific ideas for things such as MapMaker or the game mode mechanics for TMD. The important thing to take from this is that we all want the same thing, A successful server. Use me to bridge the gap between the players and staff.

The Mining Dead Update

Here is the 2018 trailer I created for The Mining Dead:

The Map

We have many exciting things coming out for TMD very soon. This is one of our biggest map updates yet and our builders have been hard at work to bring you this new content. Here are just some of the changes we have made to the map:
    • Brand New Spawn
    • Updated Alexandria
    • Updated Sanctuary
    • Updated Hilltop
    • Updated CDC and surrounding buildings
    • Added Savannah
    • Added Finley
    • Added Crawford Safehaven
    • Updated Grady
    • Added St. John's Dairy Farm
    • Updated Hampton
    • Updated Berxley Safehaven
    • Added Farm that Jesus, Daryl and Rick were in during season 6
    • Updated Viscocil Safehaven
    • Added location from 18 Miles Out
    • Updated Shirewilt
    • Added Estershade
    • Added Bridge from Season 9
    Again I would like to thank the builders for there hard work, dedication, and for creating this map update.

PVP changes
    We have decided to return to the old PVP system. This means that there will only be 1 health bar, pains will be spamable, and there will be no longer be an infinite cap. We hope you enjoy these changes if there are any issues with them please either contact me or our new developer @maximillian12

We plan to get this update to you early November.

We hope you enjoy these changes, again I am really excited to be the new community manager and would like to thank you all for your support. Those who are sceptical please feel free to message me on discord.

That's all for now. Be sure to check back soon for more updates.

can we all agree the dark days are over?

servers back bois!!!!

id just like to say i dont think we have had a post that announced an update, that recived no hate, much less a massive update AND a community manager that revived no hate. Props to everyone, remember, help new players. spread the word we grow from here. this wont bring back everything we hoped for but its a hell of a first step. lets keep it up.

6pe

Titan
    6pe
    6pe 6pe
    Omgggg I can't wait for the new map, and congratulations on Manager my man. Have you asked the owners about contacting youtubers such as Cbrady or others about advertising? This would also boost player count. I feel like finally tmd will have a chance to go back to the old days with this update. Btw you might need to say in your trailer that there are no mods required otherwise it will look like a crafting dead server.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    Omgggg I can't wait for the new map, and congratulations on Manager my man. Have you asked the owners about contacting youtubers such as Cbrady or others about advertising? This would also boost player count. I feel like finally tmd will have a chance to go back to the old days with this update. Btw you might need to say in your trailer that there are no mods required otherwise it will look like a crafting dead server.
    Honestly never thought of that, I'm thinking of reuploading it to the official YouTube so I'll add it in there, thank you :)

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I'm gunna be VERY skeptical about these new updates. I bet you my soul that this is all gunna change next year. Only thing I'm excited for is the map, tbh (#Ft. Cat). Builders put in top quality effort, and I can't wait to see the finished result. Glad their finally returning Infinite to old, and the classic pvp system.. but again, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anyhoo. If communication about MW gets fixed (and communication in general), I might be more inclined to stop criticizing the server negatively. Prove me wrong, ig.

Good luck, Havoc.

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Now that I’ve had time to let my salt cool down I’m going to be optimistic but real.

This server has tried so hard to fix PvP and it just hasn’t been producing results. The map update is a monster plus... but I PERSONALLY don’t think map updates are going to attract new people - all these things are just to appeal to people we already have/had.

The people that like Jugg/pain high-level pvp are just going to play TMDC. Focusing TMDPVP’s pvp meta to make it more like C makes no sense.

I hope to GOD this proves me wrong. BUT. I have said it before and I will say it again. We need to keep the realistic server and the pvp server separate. Make TMDPvP harder survival like Hardcore, fix TMDC to be like the old TMDOP with a better map than it currently has.

Nostalgia’s great, but it means nothing to new people.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    As krytic became the community manager, how about deleting/merging all of these individual forums? They are barely seen and serves no purpose when it comes to gathering the community around a subject.
    1. Server announcements forum (only accessible by higher staff), where EVERY change should be noticed, including the Halloween minigame in the lobby that was not even announced.
    2. General forum, for any specific reasons like discussing, pools, rants, ban appealing etc.
    3. Bug reports, yes make it a forum so the community can be aware of them, report and check how things are going.

We can barely have 50 players online, 1/4 of that are in the forums so there's no need to space everything out, let the community interact with one another.

There's also an urgent need to bring the server ppl to the forums, otherwise they can't be in touch with how things are going, questions, glitches, updates etc. Otherwise only a minority of forum users will answer for a majority, which is terrible. Make those annoying announcements bring some useful informations. Link the forum's url, reinforce how important things are discussed here etc.

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    I'll sit here and wait to see this update make the server have 200 players for the first few days then drop to 40.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    I just hope we can be able to do /TMD-1 and /TMDOP again

We'll see what happens, since there are many things that need to be fixed/improved on.

Let's not be enthusiastic and then fooled with cuckery again...

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    I hadn't really paid attention to the TMD part of the post, since I don't really care, but if Havoc can't focus on anything except switching pvp from pain pvp to realism, there's no hope for the server.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    I hadn't really paid attention to the TMD part of the post, since I don't really care, but if Havoc can't focus on anything except switching pvp from pain pvp to realism, there's no hope for the server.
    I'm not trying to be rude but you can't really comment on the situation if you're not willing to spend the time to read the relevant information. There are other changes to TMD other than that and after this pvp change we're sticking to it. We have more plans we just haven't announced them yet. Have hope man.