• IP Copied!
  • The Mining Dead Map and PVP Update

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    It seems foolish to move away from realistic TMD and focus on PVP when, in my experience recently, TMD disabled PvP server have generally more players than PvP enabled servers.
    The changes won't really effect PVE much other than the massive map update. I think its well known that the current pvp system is boring and unrewarding, we hope this is a start to tackling that.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    I'll sit here and wait to see this update make the server have 200 players for the first few days then drop to 40.
    We're currently in a school part of the year, and yes we have dipped in players. We're hoping to regrow our player base by making user-pleasing changes. Hopefully, we have 100 consistent players to its gonna take time.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    As krytic became the community manager, how about deleting/merging all of these individual forums? They are barely seen and serves no purpose when it comes to gathering the community around a subject.
    1. Server announcements forum (only accessible by higher staff), where EVERY change should be noticed, including the Halloween minigame in the lobby that was not even announced.
    2. General forum, for any specific reasons like discussing, pools, rants, ban appealing etc.
    3. Bug reports, yes make it a forum so the community can be aware of them, report and check how things are going.

We can barely have 50 players online, 1/4 of that are in the forums so there's no need to space everything out, let the community interact with one another.

There's also an urgent need to bring the server ppl to the forums, otherwise they can't be in touch with how things are going, questions, glitches, updates etc. Otherwise only a minority of forum users will answer for a majority, which is terrible. Make those annoying announcements bring some useful informations. Link the forum's url, reinforce how important things are discussed here etc.
    Ill have a think about the forums throughout the day. A shakeup would be good.

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    The changes won't really effect PVE much other than the massive map update. I think its well known that the current pvp system is boring and unrewarding, we hope this is a start to tackling that.
    If you're stuck in the jugg-and-pains rut, yes I guess it is. But there's another way to play this game y'all aren't acknowledging. I called it "glass canon" style back when EULA first came out with the cool down meds. It was kill-easy-die-easy. This is the Hardcore style I keep referring to. The way I played it was like this: spawn in with no kit. Throw what the kit gives you away. Random spawn, loot from there. The only stuff you use is from kills and the map. No commands, no safe zones, no shops, no vaults, and lately I was going no walker guts to make it even harder.

But back to the comment about it being "boring." In this playstyle you get excited to even see a Scar or an M14. If you fight someone, it's do or die. The stuff you have matters. If you lose, it's back to square one which sucks. Every choice you make matters and you have to strategize on the fly. Rush the house or wait outside with the zombies? Risk the open field or take the long route through the woods? Which towns have good stuff and how do you get there? Fights get more electricity and variety than Jugg fights do. Every scenario is different. And it's such a rush if you win while under looted.

I'm not saying we ignore jugg&pains. That's what TMDC COULD be if it was turned back into TMDOP. But these updates just crap on the people who want a playstyle like Hardcore. You're basically saying our meta just doesn't matter to you.

"Let's just forget that TMDC exists and resolve all these problems by making TMDPVP more jugg&pains to make the juggies happy. Fix TMDC? Nah. It's already the closest to what they want so they aren't complaining about it." The juggies already have a server. Please don't take ours.

Last edited:

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    It seems foolish to move away from realistic TMD and focus on PVP when, in my experience recently, TMD disabled PvP server have generally more players than PvP enabled servers.
    Funny how that works, ya know? It's as if..... they don't really care what you think. Oh well. I guess the outspoken minority always has to get their way. Let's hope our new Community Manager changes that! :D

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Funny how that works, ya know? It's as if..... they don't really care what you think. Oh well. I guess the outspoken minority always has to get their way. Let's hope our new Community Manager changes that! :D
    It's been a question of who screams loudest. God knows how loud those friccin' OGs scream.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    It's been a question of who screams loudest. God knows how loud those friccin' OGs scream.
    They scream like entitled babies. It's a shame they get rewarded for their bad behavior. Doesn't Havoc know anything about parenting?? Oh wait... they dont. *rewards whining and crying and bad behavior by giving them their way* *but then complains about the server dying* *HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM*

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    Guys, please stop, this isn't about taking sides this is about creating a more enjoyable experience for all and we feel this pvp system was the most enjoyable. We didn't think " let's take the OG's side on it" we just thought what was the most fun when playing. The numbers back when this was the pvp system were significantly higher too so why wouldn't we go back to that system.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    I'm glad for the new updates on the map, GG Kyritic and Build Team! One small problem, however...

Infinite Cap removed. Pains still spammable.
    ONE BIG PART OF TMD DYING IS SPAMMABLE PAINS, GIVING RICH PLAYERS AND INF PLAYERS THE TOTAL ADVANTAGE! THEN YOU GO REMOVE THAT CAP!? WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS!? Kyritic, if it was you, I'll listen, you're one player at leas TRYING to help our community...
    But if it wasn't Kyritic then [CENSORED]!

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    Okay. Overreacted, sue me.
    Now I've read the messages in this thread. I have an idea.
    So Kyritic and the staff were trying to think about what's best for the community. Instead of creating TMD-OP for the OGs like I have suggested, oh, I don't know, a billion times? (Not trying to be salty, cracking a joke here)
    Keep the current servers as they are, and maybe do add just two more servers, but reverse the order in which they come.

TMD-1: TMDPVP-1 (Spammable pains, no inf cap, etc)
    TMD-2: TMDPVE-1 (Roleplay, practice, looting, etc)
    TMD-3: TMDPVP-2 (No spam pains, inf cap, 2 lines hp, etc. Healing system before this update)
    TMD-4: TMDR-1 (Realism server for roleplayers, like myself. Added ideas like no tmd commands, tents, lights everyone in the vicinity can see, gunshots sound about 100 blocks away, some of my former ideas)

TMDC could remain implemented, or not. In my book, players who want a KitPVP server have got one right now. Otherwise, I think this could apply to all aspects of the community. Please follow up on this, I don't pvp anymore because of the mechanics. Roleplay has gotten tasteless with the same old locations and gear. I'm done here.

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    I'm not trying to be rude but you can't really comment on the situation if you're not willing to spend the time to read the relevant information.
    Just for you, I'll read it.

Ok, so there's a map update, and pvp is being changed back to what it was before.

The major causes of players leaving Havoc were the updates that kept bouncing between favoring pain pvp, and updates favoring realistic pvp. Sometimes there were separate servers for each one, which worked out great, sometimes there would be attempts to compromise, which left just about everyone happy, and when it was switched back and forth, one of the two playstyles would always be unhappy.

It's honestly idiotic to make two pain spam modes and no realism ones. All that you'll accomplish through that is cause most of the realism guys to quit. Right now, you have TMDC for pain pvpers (Which was honestly a waste of effort, considering most people would have been satisfied with TMDOP instead), and normal TMD for players who like realism. Both sides should be satisfied with this.

There's barely even any new content nowadays (not including maps). All the updates really focus around is painkillers and gun damages. The only two updates I'm aware of that added new items or things to do are when the tier 5 guns were added, and when quests became a thing. That's all I've really seen in a year of TMD updates.

So when you say something like this:
    Have hope man.
    There really isn't much of a reason to have hope for TMD. There's even less hope for Mine Wars, or any other game. Until you give me a really, really good reason for things to start changing, I really can't have any hope for the future of Havoc.

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Piggybacking on @CravenPython108

Nostalgia’s great. But new players don’t get it. A lot of us didn’t JOIN for pvp, we stayed for it. I joined for the realism with PvP mixed in. The Nostalgic PvP updates might attract past players, yea. But it doesn’t retain new ones.

“What we think is the most fun”. Yea. You’re a specific group. This server has such a narrow mindset now on the upper end of staff. It’s why I’m salty about this whole situation. No one represents the way realistic players want to play. PvP updates have changed nothing over the past year. And now we have no reastic server. The map update is my only hope at this point.

Let’s just keep beating our head into the wall over PvP.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    @CravenPython108
    I couldn't have said it better. TMD needs to get servers for the primary opinions when it comes to gamemode. Add modes to give people a rough idea of what they need, then even out the edges. Focus on the whole community needs, not one problem, even though it may be a large problem.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    Keep the current servers as they are, and maybe do add just two more servers, but reverse the order in which they come.

TMD-1: TMDPVP-1 (Spammable pains, no inf cap, etc)
    TMD-2: TMDPVE-1 (Roleplay, practice, looting, etc)
    TMD-3: TMDPVP-2 (No spam pains, inf cap, 2 lines hp, etc. Healing system before this update)
    TMD-4: TMDR-1

This is madness, we barely have players to interact in a pvp server and you want add two more? No way. I've been playing Halloween updates in a 150 players server and two worlds were enough to keep the place crowded (which is already huge), TMD with their regular 50 can't stand with more splitting.

Which is obvious (at this point I hope it is) is that PvP and PvE cannot exists under the same rules. There's no need for pains spam/golden crap/jugger armor/infinite money for easy slow weak zombies. It's also not appealing to everyone PvP with realism aspects. The only splitting I can possibly imagine is two PvP servers, regular one and OP (like last year) and one different world for PvE, where none of that existis. The infinite, god-teleports and all just ruins any sort of survivability thes game has to offer. Ranks need to be reworked when dealing with PvE. Unfortunately that can only come from a deep server rebuilding, with an actual economy that can't be ruined with store-bought perks (hello EULA), where money will have much more uses then buying legendary stuff.