• IP Copied!
  • TMD Update Decision v2

READ THE POST FIRST | What are your thoughts on TMD update

• I play both equally, I don't want them to merge (Please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ATK_AlphaPVP

Mythical
    ATK_AlphaPVP
    ATK_AlphaPVP ATK_AlphaPVP
    I just want old Atlanta back with old Atlanta wars and good ol pain spams

Dude , respect the builder , they work a lot on the map (yea the map is not perfect , the map is to big i know) but they work a lot , you can't say "give the old atlanta with old atlanta wars" the builder work on the new atlanta , that's not cool if you say that .. that mean they work for nothing

iViper

Titan
    iViper
    iViper iViper
    Dude , respect the builder , they work a lot on the map (yea the map is not perfect , the map is to big i know) but they work a lot , you can't say "give the old atlanta with old atlanta wars" the builder work on the new atlanta , that's not cool if you say that .. that mean they work for nothing

We builders appreciate the kind comments on our work, that what we do it for. C:

JSolo

Mythical
    JSolo
    JSolo JSolo
    What did you vote for? There would be spam pains, are you saying you want merge? A bit confused with what you are saying.

What I mean is I'd like for the merge just still keeping 1.8 and spam pains like you can do in tmdo-1. :D I just want the old tmd we once had long ago.

_Penn

I only play on TMD-1 and I would hate to see it and OP merged

I am a moderately new player, having joined a month or so before the reset and I hated the spam pains and the fact that everyone who had Immortal (which was a good chunk of players) having full jugg, spawn camping Berx and everyother SZ

it made it hard for new players to actually get somewhere

Pawndah

Mythical
    Pawndah
    Pawndah Pawndah
    There was never 9 TMDs. I've already said that I've ran TMD for like 4 years, so when you say old, that doesn't mean much.
    nick. you can go back to old videos that were so much fun to play on. also you should know what I'm talking ab... The OLD tmd BEFORE this really useless reset.

Gangryong

If TMD Realism is added, is there any way to transfer my vaults, inventories, and money over from the main servers?
    I wouldn't think so, reason being is there are no legendarys so people might be able glitch the server and get a legendary gun on the realism server, also are there going to be safezones? Because in TWD there are no real safezones you are in danger everywhere.

Hoodsss

Mythical
    Hoodsss
    Hoodsss Hoodsss
    If TMD Realism is added, is there any way to transfer my vaults, inventories, and money over from the main servers?
    I have a feeling it is going to be almost like tmd hardcore where you have to loot for gear

Hoodsss

Mythical
    Hoodsss
    Hoodsss Hoodsss
    Nick said it wouldn't be anything like Hardcore. He said it would be TMD except Legendries, Jugg, and Pain Spamming would be removed.

They can just simply remove Jugg and Legends from the coding for TMD Realism. If someone tries to exploit, it would just glitch and make them unusable or they could manually check the vaults themselves.

Also, when the reset comes, is there still going to be a Infinite Money nerf, or will it e removed?
    I do not think the vaults and inventories would be transferred but maybe the money

Brqd

Nick, I really respect that you are realizing your mistakes. Changing the server in the first place was a clear mistake and now you are taking responsibility for it. The server was always extremely fun back then, and now it's going back. I'm so excited, thanks!

Al_Cool

Champion
    Al_Cool
    Al_Cool Al_Cool
    Been announcing it to the whole network. Will definitely make realism have a hard survival aspect.

Lucky ->
    Couple questions
    1. Will I have all my stuff on tmd-2 will I need to save that?
    2. If the merge what will we have to do to our vaults?
    3. Will there be a cap on infinite (I hope not)?
    Thx to who ever answers this post

1. You will have all of it, you won't need to do anything.
    2. Your vaults will be converted, you don't need to do anything.
    3. Undecided, but I don't think so.

My own quote :
    Note : Plz no more comment about update related problems as there is many better threads for them!

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Nick, I really respect that you are realizing your mistakes. Changing the server in the first place was a clear mistake and now you are taking responsibility for it. The server was always extremely fun back then, and now it's going back. I'm so excited, thanks!

It wasn't a mistake, the mining dead isn't a pvp battle ground , the change was more realistic and it provided a better crafting dead experience, however now due to people who don't appreciate things, over 6 months of work is wasted.

Brqd

It wasn't a mistake, the mining dead isn't a pvp battle ground , the change was more realistic and it provided a better crafting dead experience, however now due to people who don't appreciate things, over 6 months of work is wasted.
    Listen, the way they decided to do the update was a mistake. I'm not saying that the features of the update was a mistake. With this new update there will still be a realism server, so don't whine too much. And the reason I say the way they did the last update was a mistake, is because look at how many people they lost. Before the update there were many more OG players that loved the server, but they have long since left.

With this new update it will be just like it used to be, but still have a realism server that players like you will enjoy. I'm having trouble seeing your problem...

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Listen, the way they decided to do the update was a mistake. I'm not saying that the features of the update was a mistake. With this new update there will still be a realism server, so don't whine too much. And the reason I say the way they did the last update was a mistake, is because look at how many people they lost. Before the update there were many more OG players that loved the server, but they have long since left.

With this new update it will be just like it used to be, but still have a realism server that players like you will enjoy. I'm having trouble seeing your problem...
    You don't clearly don't see the problem. I want you to imagine this from a builders perspective, so you were working on this huge map project, you were working anywhere from 2+ hours a day on it, you spent hours looking at maps, roads, buildings, just getting small details. Then you built this all and did this for 6 months. Then your map is implemented, it is criticized, slandered, and then it is removed. Now after all of that, imagine you are told you have to merge the map you worked hard on, with the old map. Do you know how much that must suck? It wasn't like there weren't other fixes to a total map removal, there were plenty of other solutions. For example to deal with the lack of players they could have simply had a server merge, leaving only two servers, 1 pvp and one 1 pve. It's honestly sad, players have ruined something great. Do you see the issue now?

Brqd

You don't clearly don't see the problem. I want you to imagine this from a builders perspective, so you were working on this huge map project, you were working anywhere from 2+ hours a day on it, you spent hours looking at maps, roads, buildings, just getting small details. Then you built this all and did this for 6 months. Then your map is implemented, it is criticized, slandered, and then it is removed. Now after all of that, imagine you are told you have to merge the map you worked hard on, with the old map. Do you know how much that must suck? It wasn't like there weren't other fixes to a total map removal, there were plenty of other solutions. For example to deal with the lack of players they could have simply had a server merge, leaving only two servers, 1 pvp and one 1 pve. It's honestly sad, players have ruined something great. Do you see the issue now?
    Now look at it this way:
    I'm almost sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that the new huge map that they spent months on will be staying on the realism server. Because that is what it is, a pure realistic map. But from a PvP view, the map clearly is not built for it. And @_VC_ respectfully has realized that. It's not his fault that he made an incredibly realistic map along with other builders and it wasn't good for PvP. He has realized that for a good PvP experience you need a smaller more compact map, and that is what he is working on building.
    I do feel a bit bad that the map will not be used on the pvp server, but hey, it's what has to happen. And it should still be used on the realism server I believe. Unless we want PvP to keep getting worse, merging is the best thing that can happen at this point.

SushiSniper

Wait, so there would be four tmd servers that are set up like the 1.9/1.8.9 days, and then one in the place of tmd-op that is set up like the current 7 tmds?

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    Now look at it this way:
    I'm almost sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that the new huge map that they spent months on will be staying on the realism server. Because that is what it is, a pure realistic map. But from a PvP view, the map clearly is not built for it. And @_VC_ respectfully has realized that. It's not his fault that he made an incredibly realistic map along with other builders and it wasn't good for PvP. He has realized that for a good PvP experience you need a smaller more compact map, and that is what he is working on building.
    I do feel a bit bad that the map will not be used on the pvp server, but hey, it's what has to happen. And it should still be used on the realism server I believe. Unless we want PvP to keep getting worse, merging is the best thing that can happen at this point.
    It's true, at the end of the day we had to realize that no one wants spend 30 minutes walking through the woods to get somewhere. The other map was nowhere near finished and I had to accept the fact that it's minecraft, and I'm all for doing what's best for TMD so I got on board with this new smaller map pretty quickly. With it smaller it means we can add a crap ton of little detail everywhere to every road and every forest. That was the original plan with the other one, but we had to release it slightly unfinished because it was way too big to detail it all in a short amount of time. Don't get me wrong a lot of our builders, actually I think all of our builders, were pretty upset, even some quit, but once they saw the detail work I put into Atlanta they started to understand the vision. We all are realism-style builders but it's impossible to make a truly realisitc scaled map that can work for PVP in minecraft. It just doesn't work. You can scale Atlanta just like it is in real life and make all the buildings in the correct spot but, and even with 32 render distance, you won't be able to pvp across skyscrapers because they are way too far apart. We recently had to actually redo the Atlanta layout I had originally set, because nick realized that the average person wouldn't be able to render in the skyscrapers. So now everything is moved over basically and it is nearly perfect now. Very reminiscent of the classic Atlanta just with a cooler and more intense building layout. May actually do a video on that.