• IP Copied!
  • TMD Update Decision v2

READ THE POST FIRST | What are your thoughts on TMD update

• I play both equally, I don't want them to merge (Please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Al_Cool

Champion
    Al_Cool
    Al_Cool Al_Cool
    Thk for this clarification! I was wondering where theses two take their information!

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    It's true, at the end of the day we had to realize that no one wants spend 30 minutes walking through the woods to get somewhere. The other map was nowhere near finished and I had to accept the fact that it's minecraft, and I'm all for doing what's best for TMD so I got on board with this new smaller map pretty quickly. With it smaller it means we can add a crap ton of little detail everywhere to every road and every forest. That was the original plan with the other one, but we had to release it slightly unfinished because it was way too big to detail it all in a short amount of time. Don't get me wrong a lot of our builders, actually I think all of our builders, were pretty upset, even some quit, but once they saw the detail work I put into Atlanta they started to understand the vision. We all are realism-style builders but it's impossible to make a truly realisitc scaled map that can work for PVP in minecraft. It just doesn't work. You can scale Atlanta just like it is in real life and make all the buildings in the correct spot but, and even with 32 render distance, you won't be able to pvp across skyscrapers because they are way too far apart. We recently had to actually redo the Atlanta layout I had originally set, because nick realized that the average person wouldn't be able to render in the skyscrapers. So now everything is moved over basically and it is nearly perfect now. Very reminiscent of the classic Atlanta just with a cooler and more intense building layout. May actually do a video on that.
    Fair enough, but I still don't understand, this server was made for a walking dead experience, where at all does pvp play a part in that experience? Am I like missing something? Because honestly I think the server vision has been soiled. You also have to think about this: if the change is just for pvp, why are we doing it on both servers? We have pve servers. I simply just don't understand.

Brqd

Fair enough, but I still don't understand, this server was made for a walking dead experience, where at all does pvp play a part in that experience? Am I like missing something? Because honestly I think the server vision has been soiled. You also have to think about this: if the change is just for pvp, why are we doing it on both servers? We have pve servers. I simply just don't understand.
    Nick said this is in order to make the server more lively in downtime. Right now the OP server can get down to like 5 people when theres downtime. Back in the day it downtime used to be like 20-30 people. And I'm sorry that you don't understand the PvP aspect, but no matter what you think the server was intended to be, the majority of the community has turned it into a pvp based game whether we like it or not. Facts.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    With the smaller map and higher capacity server it would be awesome to have some regular schedule events (or random!) in PvE. Sometimes huge pack of walkers wandering somewhere, or airsdrops with awesome loots that would attract some tough, beefy zombies!

LillyAnna

Mythical
    LillyAnna
    LillyAnna LillyAnna
    The map is too big now. It is very hard to pvp and takes forever to get anywhere. I basically stopped playing mostly because of this. Changing jug and pains arent even the big problem for me.

Having a huge map makes pvp too time consuming. I miss running from hilltop to alex. Now it takes too long to go anywhere and if you die you have to go all the way back and spend another half hour trying to get anywhere good.

The map is made much better now- build wise. I appreciate the hard work and the detail in the builds. I just do not like the scale of it- it makes playing too difficult for me now. I just don't find it fun running or driving around for ages when it used to take me only a few minutes.

So I don't really care about the merge, unless the map was smaller.

And b4 people scream at me about "realism"- the zombie apocalypse sucked in reality (if it were real-it wouldn't be fun). I am all for realism, but walking from Berx to Alex isnt worth the trouble.

I wish there was a way for the map to shrink a bit and have things closer together. I get in reality it wouldn't be that close, but this is a game. A game geared towards pvp. It's just lost its fun for me. I keep trying to give it a try tho.

EDIT: Just read through the comments and saw that a smaller map is being made. THANK YOU! I love this server. I can't wait to come back!

Last edited:

Foxxo__

Mythical
    Foxette__
    Foxette__ Foxette__
    I would love to see the servers merge, but the only problem I see with that is players being able to spam pains, this makes it unfair for other players who don't have much money/infinite money. It will also make it really hard to kill someone if they had stacks of pains and they will never die easily since they can recover in seconds from them. I also don't see how spamming painkillers is realistic in a real life scenario. In general this can be a struggle for new players and casual players. I'd prefer if the pains remained the same from normal TMD servers. Anyways that's just my opinion.

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    I would love to see the servers merge, but the only problem I see with that is players being able to spam pains, this makes it unfair for other players who don't have much money/infinite money. It will also make it really hard to kill someone if they had stacks of pains and they will never die easily since they can recover in seconds from them. I also don't see how spamming painkillers is realistic in a real life scenario. In general this can be a struggle for new players and casual players. I'd prefer if the pains remained the same from normal TMD servers. Anyways that's just my opinion.

spamming painkiller = OD(overdose) so maybe if you spam 5 or more in under 30seconds you get blindness + slow +nausea+poison for 5seconds that would make it pretty realistic

killersfate

There is a big split in what people want us to do regarding the next TMD update. At the moment, our plan is to merge TMDOP into TMD. This means having spam painkillers in TMD, and also having jugg and everything like it used to be. We would have 4 TMD servers, and we would recommend TMD-2 & TMD-4 for new players.

We would also create a new single server, called TMD realism. It would be like normal TMD, except for no legendary weapons, no jugg, and no spam pains.

The player count would be higher on each server, having less of them. This would make it more interesting at non peak times. There would be big wars, and new players could have fairer fights. The people that want a more realistic Zombie Apocalypse experience have a place to play. I think everybody wins.

Please vote in the poll honestly, and make a comment explaining the reasoning for your vote, especially if you don't want a merge - I don't see why you wouldn't so I want to know.
    I have been here for a very long time and the server hasn't been the same since the updates and reset I have been wanting ever since them for it to be back to how it was before and this seems like a perfect chance to do so.

killersfate

I dont mind tbh I just want tmd we all had back in 1.8 with spam pains and massive wars
    That's what I'm saying! I was one of the fairly known players before the reset and updates and I loved the server! I had spent around 200$ on crates to get jugg and ever since the resets and everything nothing has been the same to me. I just want it back to how it used to be. Back then I would play for 9 hours straight now I just check in every once in a while so far it looks as if the server may go back to how it used to be besides the map changes I really hope we get the old TMD back.

Brqd

I have been here for a very long time and the server hasn't been the same since the updates and reset I have been wanting ever since them for it to be back to how it was before and this seems like a perfect chance to do so.
    You've been here since October xD?????? I've been playing for about 3-4ish years haha. Just the new website was made in July haha. I don't see how you can be a veteran by only being here since October. Sorry I'm not trying to create beef, I just think this is super hilarious.

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    I like how when I said that we have to merge the servers the first day OP TMD came out, people were denying it all and saying that we needed to satisfy everyone completely. Then when a large number of players vote for a merge on a thread, we get the answer "Although on the website poll, around 60% of people voted for the merge, most of our players don't visit the website and would be upset as they like the current survival aspect." Let's hope that the proper decision is made this time.

killersfate

You've been here since October xD?????? I've been playing for about 3-4ish years haha. Just the new website was made in July haha. I don't see how you can be a veteran by only being here since October. Sorry I'm not trying to create beef, I just think this is super hilarious.
    I've played for much longer than that actually I just made forum account then the first time I ever joined was around 3 years ago before there was jugg and rpgs and cbows and legend weapons etc

Brqd

I've played for much longer than that actually I just made forum account then the first time I ever joined was around 3 years ago before there was jugg and rpgs and cbows and legend weapons etc
    Oh haha ya same. I was just confused and thought it was funny, haha sorry. Did you play when the guns were 2D?

killersfate

Oh haha ya same. I was just confused and thought it was funny, haha sorry. Did you play when the guns were 2D?
    Yep It was also when the map was more open and non custom more just normal MC terrain with buildings grouped in certain areas