• IP Copied!
  • Our Mining Dead Plans

Knightas

Legend
    Knightas
    Knightas Knightas
    Hello everyone. I'm making this post to let everybody know that we are now hard at work on bringing TMD back to its best days. It may take around a month, but the end result will be worth it. Changes are as follows.

Reorganized Map
    The builders are making a reorganized map that is 6,000 x 6,000 blocks, similar to the old one. This should cut down travel times and allow us to have more zombies and players, so there will be more action. The map will use mostly the same builds as the old map.

Atlanta - The builders will be making a lot of changes to Atlanta. Firstly, it will be a lot smaller. Although awesome, the current Atlanta lacks a center of attention and conflict. We will also be removing a lot of the massive skyscrapers and scaling them down so they are similar to the previous map.

Old Locations - We are also adding back some revamped classic locations. For example, Hartsfield will be back.

We think this new map should allow us to have all the fun gameplay elements of the old map, while keeping the cool builds from the new one.

1.8 Support
    Minecraft 1.9 is inherently laggy. Both the server and client run a lot worse than 1.8 did. As a result, we are switching our server version to 1.8. Don't worry, you will still be able to connect with 1.9-1.11. Switching to 1.8 will allow the following changes:

More Players and Zombies
    We should be able to reach 150 players on a server, and perhaps we could have some massive Hell Nights. More on this later.

While making these changes we will scale down to four servers, two for PVP and two for PVE. We are still deciding on whether we are having an OP server separate, or having it as one of the PVP servers.

Also, if it wasn't clear earlier, no reset would occur.

What is everybody's opinion on this?

*Update: No melees would need to be removed.*

Also, congratz to Peach on Sr Mod.
    whitch servers are you guys getting rid of and which are you guys keeping

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    ArmenTheHeli The reason rooms were strangely lit before is because the item frames did not work correctly, all the end rods were placed in lamps or some form of light source but the item frames did not upload so that is why you dont see these light objects in the map. Hopefully next update the item frames will work and we will have lamps and ceiling lights in Live servers.
    So will things like the textured tvs be in the new map? :D

Lucky_Cannon

So I just want to know from what server (tmd or tmdop) will the item in the vaults go to the new map and also will jugg and/or riots need to use bandages when they get hit by a walker

Thx

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    d004ea9b056af94ca0c23ad9044ff6c1.jpg
    N3w 4tl4nt4 i5 c0m1ng 4l0ng n1c3ly. 1 th1nk y0u guy5 ar3 g0nn4 l0v3 1t, c00l 5tuff c0m1ng s00n

Solstrii
    Solstrii Solstrii
    Wait a minute, If camos are gonna be removed (Assuming) what happens to the people who got camo crates or whatever?

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Wait a minute, If camos are gonna be removed (Assuming) what happens to the people who got camo crates or whatever?
    Last time. Camos are not being removed Nickk said so in another thread. Melees will also be staying. (unless something changed in like the week or so since he posted the comment about the stuff not being removed)

likebeingawesome
    likebeingawesome likebeingawesome
    Also where will the cdc be (very important because i live there) and will you furnish the buildings or will they be empty like how many are now

_DramaAlert_

Hello everyone. I'm making this post to let everybody know that we are now hard at work on bringing TMD back to its best days. It may take around a month, but the end result will be worth it. Changes are as follows.

Reorganized Map
    The builders are making a reorganized map that is 6,000 x 6,000 blocks, similar to the old one. This should cut down travel times and allow us to have more zombies and players, so there will be more action. The map will use mostly the same builds as the old map.

Atlanta - The builders will be making a lot of changes to Atlanta. Firstly, it will be a lot smaller. Although awesome, the current Atlanta lacks a center of attention and conflict. We will also be removing a lot of the massive skyscrapers and scaling them down so they are similar to the previous map.

Old Locations - We are also adding back some revamped classic locations. For example, Hartsfield will be back.

We think this new map should allow us to have all the fun gameplay elements of the old map, while keeping the cool builds from the new one.

1.8 Support
    Minecraft 1.9 is inherently laggy. Both the server and client run a lot worse than 1.8 did. As a result, we are switching our server version to 1.8. Don't worry, you will still be able to connect with 1.9-1.11. Switching to 1.8 will allow the following changes:

More Players and Zombies
    We should be able to reach 150 players on a server, and perhaps we could have some massive Hell Nights. More on this later.

While making these changes we will scale down to four servers, two for PVP and two for PVE. We are still deciding on whether we are having an OP server separate, or having it as one of the PVP servers.

You Should Add Back FoxWorth Military Base before the reset thats where i spent all my time and i would like to see it remade

BenSmart112

Mythical
    BenSmart112
    BenSmart112 BenSmart112
    Could we see changes involving features, and the way the game functions?

Ex. Could we see to it that maybe only on two of the four servers, zombies are only killed via headshots?

BenSmart112

Mythical
    BenSmart112
    BenSmart112 BenSmart112
    Also where will the cdc be (very important because i live there) and will you furnish the buildings or will they be empty like how many are now
    Let's hope furnished and with loot. If we want empty buildings or places you can't go into, there's always DayZ.

KNOXsooKID

Titan
    KNOXsooKID
    KNOXsooKID KNOXsooKID

Reorganized Map

1.8 Support

More Players and Zombies

What about crates we purchased after reset for TMD... I received them from before when when I purchased on store during the time frame and got them all a few days later like staff said. Though, we have OP-TMD and we don't get crates in that and I bought my crates for old tmd because I thought it would be the same until there were so many restrictions. I would like to contact someone for help on getting my crates on OP-TMD please thanks

SomeDumbCat

People who are saying remove OP why cant we just have our fun we have played for years and like the way we have always played and so many people would quit if OP was removed.

BenSmart112

Mythical
    BenSmart112
    BenSmart112 BenSmart112
    People who are saying remove OP why cant we just have our fun we have played for years and like the way we have always played and so many people would quit if OP was removed.
    True. It's best to keep OP around, and plus, OP isn't hurting anyone. It's as simple as not playing on it if you're bothered.