• IP Copied!
  • HavocMC and its future :)

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    well this post has caught me in an annoyed mood so sorry if i come off as rude.

Yeah, they've lost a Sr.Mod, 3 Jr.Mods and 3 Helpers. They've in change gained 2 "Apprentices." They have had absolutely no promotions, and you don't even see 1/4 of the staff on, ever [.....] but the staff hasn't really "dipped" that much.

Ok ive tried to handle this via shadows but my patience has expired. @BenGermann @Mackiee im aware your not my biggest fan - hell the feeling is mutual- but you both need to engage more in the community as you are the defecto leaders of the team and ergo the leaders of who represents the server. @Beetley mad props for engaging in community on the discord and forums on a regular basis.

regarding the jr mod sqad. very active very present and in my eyes the force that allows the team to function with any real effectiveness.

helpers (my old squad) what in the hell happened? we are now cut in half with the last 2 months.@Origami_CL where are you ma dude?

The sr leaders @Mackiee @Beetley @Mackiee have the tools and position to fix the team where the fault lines are. Hell I sent you all a 3 page document outlining quite a few suggestions to make the team stronger because if im going to be blunt- the current system sickens me.

helpers and now apprentices take all the brunt of the disrespect
    jrs bust their *** on forums with tickets on discord being present on the server modding chat and possible hackers.
    @Beetley is very active as i mentioned already on forums, and discord as well as server.
    @Mackiee you have been away from forums and the server for days at a time. your position calls for constant activity in at least one of those mediums otherwise you hold power for powers sake.
    @BenGermann credit where its owed. update is coming, you are active on forums and a little on discord. friendly advice is to interact with community more (4.2 on the document i sent you) what u did on april 1st is a good example.

To any staff reading this- literally the entire reason I did what I did was to convey a very straightforward message- communicate. Reform how things are done. It seems my message was completely ignored and now the team is suffering for it. "why are there never staff on?". Good question. Because the team shot itself in the foot in the wake of my departure.

In two months you lost 7 people- 4 resigned 3 demoted. That cost for the addition of 2 apprentices?

And while im on the topic- why in the sam hell does the apprentice rank exist NOW? In debatably the darkest days of both the team and the server? Why in the name of christ are you splitting MORE? Its a good idea - just not in this circumstance.

A new rank and yet no promotions in that time? not a single one? when was the last time a jr was promoted? December? As I already stated the jrs are more effective than the srs and admin combined in terms of PRESENCE on the server, on discord, on forums. There are plenty there I'd say are ready to advance.

Im trying my best to not make this personal- I really am, but at the same time, an Ineffective staff team = unmonitored server = toxic server = dead server = pissed me. Right now I dont think the team is suffering too badly- yet, but have you heard of a loss in resources while people increase? the server is rising again- slowly. Ive seen some players back on regularly I have not seen since I started playing. Yet the team continues its decline. I told you ALL (staff) this would happen almost 3 months ago, You (staff) failed to heed my warning.

As the srs are aware, i sent an application to rejoin the team which was subsequently denied. I gotta say that right now that pleases me. what this means is i can be a "opinionated player" without being added to the list of demotions. Step up- do your part to support the server. in the leaderships case- its to create and lead a strong staff team. In my case its to make cringe tutorial videos. as beth would say "we all got jobs to do" DO YOURS.

PS thank you @ImDesolation for titling your post what you did. It fits with the post nicely.

@BenGermann @Mackiee assuming "your wifi didnt go out" im open to talk still but the longer you sit over the team passively watching it crumble the more serious the problem will become. If not- thats your hill to die on. At the very least- read the document

-general2673

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    IS NO ONE GOING TO COMMENT ON THE FACT THAT A GAME DEVELOPER JUST HINTED QUESTS/DAILY ACTIVITIES R COMING???
    Also Valp lets talk about HH sometime yeh?

Also I'm tagging @seuboi because in his post he mentioned that there's such a big map but players aren't venturing out of the popular areas. I think that's because TMD is solely focused around PVP. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, but I think it explains why players are only seen in certain popular areas. Theres no reason to explore because there is nothing out in the far corners of the map, other than cool builds. So I see what you're saying about it being too safe (and frankly I could write a whole post on the topic you mentioned but I try to be concise). So what would get people to explore the map and appreciate the beautiful builds? Quests! Activities that got people moving around the map! But they would need a unique reward that players couldn't get by other means. Not sure what exactly this would be.. maybe like a full mmo rework? So that guns are restricted to certain levels, and levels are acquired by gaining xp, which is gained by completing quests? I dunno. Haven't thought this one through. Just throwing around ideas.

Yep, thats exactly what I meant by "criticizing" the map. Not that its bad, but just lack things to do. Cat_squirrel said you can have wars. Welp, maybe that happened a long, long time ago, cause I dont think its a great use of such awesome buildings having like 3 people in prison callin people out to pvp. Is this war?

And yeah, activities? Right on, dudes! I'll certainly come back if we get challenges! It's that, just right now, the server has no complexity at all.

Last edited:
    Shredder_Playz
    Shredder_Playz Shredder_Playz
    IS NO ONE GOING TO COMMENT ON THE FACT THAT A GAME DEVELOPER JUST HINTED QUESTS/DAILY ACTIVITIES R COMING???
    Also Valp lets talk about HH sometime yeh?

Also I'm tagging @seuboi because in his post he mentioned that there's such a big map but players aren't venturing out of the popular areas. I think that's because TMD is solely focused around PVP. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, but I think it explains why players are only seen in certain popular areas. Theres no reason to explore because there is nothing out in the far corners of the map, other than cool builds. So I see what you're saying about it being too safe (and frankly I could write a whole post on the topic you mentioned but I try to be concise). So what would get people to explore the map and appreciate the beautiful builds? Quests! Activities that got people moving around the map! But they would need a unique reward that players couldn't get by other means. Not sure what exactly this would be.. maybe like a full mmo rework? So that guns are restricted to certain levels, and levels are acquired by gaining xp, which is gained by completing quests? I dunno. Haven't thought this one through. Just throwing around ideas.

@Shredder_Playz great reply earlier. I would quote it but im trying to save space. I used to be a builder so I know how active Jacob and the build team are. Such a great group of dedicated people :) But players need to be hyped up before an update. Even if its just a cinematic shot of a new build or a teaser of a new feature, it gets people excited! For example, look at the builder letters JB released. A few pictures of unreleased builds got people pumped! Need more of that because its exciting and fun.

Sorry if this post seems a bit messy I was trying to keep the flow clear but I think I got a bit sidetracted

I agree, personally I want to release more information. I see how people get hyped when they see new pictures. I mean I get just so excited when we release new info about MW, it’s almost unrealisticly excited! also what I a lot of players don’t notice is that we have released information it just hasn’t had a post in the announcements forum. I have a compilation of pictures we have released. Mine might be a little messier :) lol

Last edited:

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    regarding the jr mod sqad. very active very present and in my eyes the force that allows the team to function with any real effectiveness.
    Preach it.

EDIT: Why is Mack still on the staff team...? Not to sound rude, and as many people have pointed out, she has had almost zero input in the server. I remember she "resigned" before Peach left, and I think before Katitude, so she's been gone a whole long while. Then, she apparently "came back" out of desperation when I left the staff team... But, have any of you heard or even seen her on the server or discord, or forums? No. All I've heard is that she was present for Formeel's demotion. That's it. So um. Mack, if you're out there.... do something.

Last edited:

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    Preach it.

EDIT: Why is Mack still on the staff team...? Not to sound rude, and as many people have pointed out, she has had almost zero input in the server. I remember she "resigned" before Peach left, and I think before Katitude, so she's been gone a whole long while. Then, she apparently "came back" out of desperation when I left the staff team... But, have any of you heard or even seen her on the server or discord, or forums? No. All I've heard is that she was present for Formeel's demotion. That's it. So um. Mack, if you're out there.... do something.

They re added mack when other staff questioned ben getting admin, so they reinvited her so she would prevent other staff from speaking against ben.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    We need community managers they could help the staff team better communicate with the general player-base and monitor the forums as well. kat (or I guess Desolation? ImDes idk xD) you would be PERFECT for this because you have a great way of connecting with the player-base and maintaining good discussions of course you may need to be a bit more active. I know alot of people have suggested this as well with some even saying that you should be the first or one of the first to take this role as well.

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    We need community managers they could help the staff team better communicate with the general player-base and monitor the forums as well. kat (or I guess Desolation? ImDes idk xD) you would be PERFECT for this because you have a great way of connecting with the player-base and maintaining good discussions of course you may need to be a bit more active. I know alot of people have suggested this as well with some even saying that you should be the first or one of the first to take this role as well.

that would imply the leadership would want to put the work in to implement this. firsthand only one of the leaders seems to give a damn about anything outside srmod chat and the occasional support ticket. good idea, but dont get your hopes up

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    They re added mack when other staff questioned ben getting admin, so they reinvited her so she would prevent other staff from speaking against ben.

lol? as someone who was there, she openly denied thats why she returned, and was "here to stay". evidence so far does not support this but whatever

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove

Great idea, but it shouldn't be kat, although she seems good with connecting to the player base, I don't believe she is strict enough to manage the staff team, anybody could manage the forums and the player base online, but she wouldn't be a good pick for managing staff.

Great concept though! basically just use a different person, one who is strict and unbiased. (edit) (not saying she is not strict or biased just saying those are qualities the person has to have.)

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    Great idea, but it shouldn't be kat, although she seems good with connecting to the player base, I don't believe she is strict enough to manage the staff team, anybody could manage the forums and the player base online, but she wouldn't be a good pick for managing staff.

Great concept though! basically just use a different person, one who is strict and unbiased. (edit) (not saying she is not strict or biased just saying those are qualities the person has to have.)
    community manager would have zero sway over the staff team. they would be more of an ambassador here on the forums. their job would be to connect with the community here on the server and on discord. however I wouldnt want @ImDesolation unless she could commit to being more active within the community. however she definitely is worth considering as most players get along with her pretty well and she is familiar with how the leadership thinks. (sr leadership (@BenGermann @Mackiee @Beetley on document note point - 6)

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    My thoughts:

Things I notice about successful servers-
    1. Leadership openly communicates with player base. Some huge servers, the owners are too busy, but they make sure to inform the public and have a ton of staff who can. It’s my personal opinion that Havoc is NOT one of those huge servers that the owners don’t need to be present. With the shape of the server and the small population, owners should not only be openly active, but chatting with the community and getting to know the people who play. Havoc is fairly small and many of the players come back often, so it’s not like meeting ppl they will never see again.

2. Good developers and A LOT of testing prior to releases. Updating a game mode? Great idea. Better idea is to throughly test it with beta testers and make adjustments and fixes BEFORE releasing it to the public. I understand good developers cost a lot of money, but it’s worth the investment.

3. Moderators that punish toxic people. Pretty much you can say anything and abuse staff as much as you want here and it’s not conducive to a positive player experience. Remove people who only want to argue. People who call themselves OG and lord over the server are literally killing it.

4. Care more about player feedback. Yeah you won’t make everyone happy, but isn’t the aim to make most happy? Take a little feedback from each group and try to be creative and work it out.

5. Things to do. Servers I love to play on have daily quests, areas to explore, and even harder mobs. It would be cool if havoc had more to do than run around, loot, and shoot people. Make npc quests and maybe some harder walkers. Make the experience more immersive and fun. It has gotten kind of dull.

These are just some of my ideas on what makes a great server and some constructive criticisms, bc I have played Havoc for several years and I really enjoyed it and miss the fun times.

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    What exactly did the "staff" part have to do. If you actually were referring to "ME" that means havoc needs it's users - not specifically me. Not a clue how your shot at me furthers any discussion here. Yeah, they've lost a Sr.Mod, 3 Jr.Mods and 3 Helpers. They've in change gained 2 "Apprentices." They have had absolutely no promotions, and you don't even see 1/4 of the staff on, ever. Oh, but yeah - don't get my ego big because absolutely nothing is being done to fix the staff purge, but the staff hasn't really "dipped" that much.
    I was referring to quality, not quantity.

As far as I know, staff haven't suddenly stopped getting on after you left.

With the "Havoc needs ME" bit, it sounded like you were saying the fate of the server rests on your shoulders. If you intended something different with this, I apologize, but please realize how arrogant that can sound.

Havoc's staff became worse off, no one is growing the balls to try to manage the team and re-organize it, its not ego, its the truth. Please think before you speak.

Edit: Weren't you demoted? I'd call that a improvement since peach left!
    People have complained about staff since I've first got on the forums (including me). There isn't any obvious evidence for a sudden downward spiral in the quality of the staff team. You saying that the staff team is getting worse means nothing, since people have been saying that for as long as I've been here.

Never been staff on here, so I don't think I was demoted.

As for the rest of this waste pit, Kat might be ok for community manager if she would be up for it. I've had my differences with her, but she's pretty good overall. It might also be a nice to have a community manager who was actually out of the staff team for a bit to interact with the community.

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    It makes me wonder since Kat isn’t even staff anymore if the owners will even listen to this post

****ing OmegaLuL

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    I think everyone is trying to keep their anger informative and in a way that is criticism, though I can see everyone's anger and that I know you aren't trying to be rude.

Thank you all for your opinions and input without causing a storm, it makes me happy to see everyone can openly address what would (to them) make the future of HavocMC lightening.

I feel some of this will definitely come across offensive and I disagree with some statements, but I feel it's a great achievement to have such a lengthy post without it being taken down; great job everyone :)

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    I think everyone is trying to keep their anger informative and in a way that is criticism, though I can see everyone's anger and that I know you aren't trying to be rude.

Thank you all for your opinions and input without causing a storm, it makes me happy to see everyone can openly address what would (to them) make the future of HavocMC lightening.

I feel some of this will definitely come across offensive and I disagree with some statements, but I feel it's a great achievement to have such a lengthy post without it being taken down; great job everyone :)

Kat be honest, what are the chances the owners (since according to staff, they are what determine the servers outcome) will even listen or care about our responses, or at least look?

Please refrain from anything like "I will try to ask them for their opinions etc etc" type of comments, a truthful chance of them giving a damn about these posts?

(this isn't intended to be rude or toxic, legitimate question)

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    So... if I'm reading that correctly: they invite Mack back so Ben could keep his job? Isn't it the job of lower ranks to question the actions of their higher ups, especially if the decisions they're making are wrong? Now, I'm not saying Ben is bad at his job, cuz he isn't. In my experience on the staff team, he was great (I say 'was' because I can't speak for the now). But, if they're bringing back retired staff members just to keep their power, doesn't that seem strange to you? If Ben wasn't doing anything wrong, there wouldn't be staff calling him out, or the need to get a "guard" of sorts. Tbh, I think it's totally fair for fellow staffers to voice their opinion and question everything. That's how you learn, how you excel. Blind loyalty = corruption. Bias = flawed system.
    Kat be honest, what are the chances the owners (since according to staff, they are what determine the servers outcome) will even listen or care about our responses, or at least look?
    There's no greater failing than apathy.

Last edited: