• IP Copied!
  • #MakeTmdGreatAgain RETURN

Bring Back July/August 2017 TMD

• Bring it back

• Keep it how it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

xdeclanlee

Can I just kindly ask everyone to try and stay on topic with the thread. If you have any other worries or concerns about the server I will happily listen to them and maybe even make a forum post regarding it if I agree but please just dm me.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Wow. Just wow. xDeclan, I think this is the best thing you've posted on this forum so far! Kudos to you for being calm and collected, proving me wrong that all OGs are *******s. Congrats. In fact, I agree with you on a lot of these points. The staff have definitely been reading up on this thread, so thanks for not being a jerk to us :D

Now for everyone else:
    It's a shame that Declan has approached the situation in a mature manner, coming with actually criticism and suggestions to back it up, while a majority of you fish for an argument. I believe that if we can keep this thread as clean as we can (free of toxicity), I think we could have something serious going. Also, being rude to the staff and calling us names really doesn't entice us to help you. It just shows how unappreciative you are and how little you care. Just sayin' ;)

-Cat

Snakefangs2004

Mythical
    Snakefangs2004
    Snakefangs2004 Snakefangs2004
    I believe this should be like a seperate Tmd thing like another tmd-7 you could say were they bring back the old tmd and see how it goes and if the players enjoy it more than now and to really see how the players think about the way the server should go and just test it out.

SadPie

VIP
    SadPie
    SadPie SadPie
    There are a lot of opinions on what direction TMD needs to take, which is to be expected, but what surprises me is how certain everyone seems about their decision, “do this… do that… TMD is great again” unlikely… here and in the real world, our actions very rarely have the wanted outcome. Example: The staff team, unlike what some may think, are not out to ruin the server. Everyone that works on the staff team volunteer with the aim of helping the server, unfortunately it is much harder than it sounds.

I won’t vote on this poll because I won’t lie to myself to believe I have the faintest clue on what would make TMD great again. I just don’t have the full picture, I got the behind the scenes knowledge but no recent gameplay knowledge. Any fix or plan that we work on is to make the game better, but it could very well do the opposite. (Basically, a time machine would be very useful)

The only thing I will say with some certainty is how I perceive the situation at the moment, the game is very unhospitable for new players. Imagining I am an average new player coming onto this server for the first time. People usually decide if they like a server in the first hour, otherwise they move on. I think nowadays it would be very hard for a new player to enjoy their first experience on havoc. Back in 2015/16 I’m sure it was very different, I joined just in time to experienced it. Jumping in with just the kit and maybe a few loots before fighting another player that had also just joined. I view it like agar.io (a game where you eat the smaller opponent), back in 2016ish it was a balanced game where 50% just joined, 35% are mid-sized and 15% were huge, nowadays we got less players and it’s skewed to 15% new players 35% mid-sized and 50% huge (I wouldn’t want to be in that agar.io game). A new player is more likely to spend their 1 hour looting meh stuff and finding no one to fight or fully equipped people to slaughtered them. Also Non pvp severs aren’t going to help much as fighting brainless AI zombies gets boring fast.

I am a Mine Wars builder by the way, that is a nice simple problem of it needs more content. What the hell does TMD need and are our good intentions actually going to help. Reading this interesting post I feel like it would be more fitting to title it #MakeTmdFunForUsAgain because I believe reverting it back will just please the people ontop, TMD will still struggle with either option.

Congrats if you managed to read through all my babbling :D

Kendra for SR mod

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    There are a lot of opinions on what direction TMD needs to take, which is to be expected, but what surprises me is how certain everyone seems about their decision, “do this… do that… TMD is great again” unlikely… here and in the real world, our actions very rarely have the wanted outcome. Example: The staff team, unlike what some may think, are not out to ruin the server. Everyone that works on the staff team volunteer with the aim of helping the server, unfortunately it is much harder than it sounds.

I won’t vote on this poll because I won’t lie to myself to believe I have the faintest clue on what would make TMD great again. I just don’t have the full picture, I got the behind the scenes knowledge but no recent gameplay knowledge. Any fix or plan that we work on is to make the game better, but it could very well do the opposite. (Basically, a time machine would be very useful)

The only thing I will say with some certainty is how I perceive the situation at the moment, the game is very unhospitable for new players. Imagining I am an average new player coming onto this server for the first time. People usually decide if they like a server in the first hour, otherwise they move on. I think nowadays it would be very hard for a new player to enjoy their first experience on havoc. Back in 2015/16 I’m sure it was very different, I joined just in time to experienced it. Jumping in with just the kit and maybe a few loots before fighting another player that had also just joined. I view it like agar.io (a game where you eat the smaller opponent), back in 2016ish it was a balanced game where 50% just joined, 35% are mid-sized and 15% were huge, nowadays we got less players and it’s skewed to 15% new players 35% mid-sized and 50% huge (I wouldn’t want to be in that agar.io game). A new player is more likely to spend their 1 hour looting meh stuff and finding no one to fight or fully equipped people to slaughtered them. Also Non pvp severs aren’t going to help much as fighting brainless AI zombies gets boring fast.

I am a Mine Wars builder by the way, that is a nice simple problem of it needs more content. What the hell does TMD need and are our good intentions actually going to help. Reading this interesting post I feel like it would be more fitting to title it #MakeTmdFunForUsAgain because I believe reverting it back will just please the people ontop, TMD will still struggle with either option.

Kendra for SR mod
    Beautifully said.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    No, I tried to say that they don't care about hacking ''survivor ranks''.
    that makes no sense... If anything they would care more. I think yes they get hackusated and banned less simply because people generally dont just come on big(ish) servers and hack for the hell of it. People hack when they are good to gain an advantage. Perhaps more non-hacking old players are banned because they are accused of hacks and reported by staff. This morning I saw an immortal get accused by a new player of hacks because they killed him. They where afk and 5 minutes later they said they reported. Perhaps yes the staff may have gotten a little lazy and have not done enough research into what happened.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker

Kendra for SR mod
    I think a big issue is a lacking of coordination between server staff and players prior to updates. What usually ends up happening is an update rolls out and some people... decide after an hour of playing TMD is garbage and well quit.

Last edited:

Andycool

Andycool
    Andycool Andycool
    Bring back the old tmd days with wars that last 20minutes+
    It seems unrealistic to be able to withstand shots with a .50 cal sniper and a shotgun for 20 minutes by eating painkillers. By that time your entire body would probably have been blasted to shreds.

xdeclanlee

This server was never about realism and I think that's what made it great. It was a fun little game mode where it was only taken seriously if you were a proper jugg player.

Now I think they care too much for the role players and the realistic side that they've sort of dropped us non-realism players

xdeclanlee

Wow. Just wow. xDeclan, I think this is the best thing you've posted on this forum so far! Kudos to you for being calm and collected, proving me wrong that all OGs are *******s. Congrats. In fact, I agree with you on a lot of these points. The staff have definitely been reading up on this thread, so thanks for not being a jerk to us :D

Now for everyone else:
    It's a shame that Declan has approached the situation in a mature manner, coming with actually criticism and suggestions to back it up, while a majority of you fish for an argument. I believe that if we can keep this thread as clean as we can (free of toxicity), I think we could have something serious going. Also, being rude to the staff and calling us names really doesn't entice us to help you. It just shows how unappreciative you are and how little you care. Just sayin' ;)

-Cat
    Thank you.

Twqntys

Mythical
    Twqntys
    Twqntys Twqntys
    I believe this should be like a seperate Tmd thing like another tmd-7 you could say were they bring back the old tmd and see how it goes and if the players enjoy it more than now and to really see how the players think about the way the server should go and just test it out.
    If only staff realized this earlier... This post probably wouldn't be needed (no offense).